• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Delusions, what were some of your craziest?

I thought my girlfriend had turned into a vampire yesterday while I was on 1 hit of acid. She had those cheap-o fake fangs, too. And this is just after I did a paper on vampires in literature, too.

Not necessarily the craziest, but one of the clearest:

I was standing on top of a van that two of my friends were having sex in, they were laughing at me because I didn't care about thier privacy, all i was doing was staring at rain, and i said to them; "There is absolutely no difference between what you are doing and what i am doing, we are all the same fucken thing."

I don't know if that is even delusional, seems fair to me - upon remembering it again.
I'll think of an actuall 'tilting toward insanity' moment..

I've never suffered anything I'd class as a delusion whilst tripping, though I do often theorise alternative fictions/realities, putting them together like some kind of memetic invention then winding them up and letting them do their thing. I just find this amusing though, and even though at the time I can view it as if I were existing within it I'm still able to sit outside and be objective.

One of my close friends though exhibits some pretty extreme behaviour when he's tripping (actually, just alcohol can be enough to push him into the realm of the psychologically unwell). His usual trip seems to invlove him atomising the universe and then freaking out because he's discovered some kind of basic building block which he suddenly sees everywhere as a kind of fractal blueprint for the universe. These buildings blocks always share one quality: they are cuboid. This means that any given shape to him must be cuboid on some level. As this means that the earth must logically be cuboid he starts panicking because eventually it'll turn to the point where he'll fall off the edge, leading him to cling to things and look over his shoulder constantly to see if he's 'falling off'. This is what happens on a fair proportion of his trips.

Last year though I held a birthday party for him at my house. I had a fair amount of 2C-I and offered him some, thinking the effects of 20mg would be mellow enough for him to not freak out. He seemed pretty happy for quite some time after taking it and proceeded to get extremely baked. About an hour and a half later though he was standing against the window saying nothing (I took this to mean he was just totally stoned at the time) when one of our mutual friends arrives. Not knowing that the birthday boy is tripping, he says happy birthday and motions as if about to produce a present but then does the 'got your nose' trick. Immediately my mate whimpers loudly, a look of sheer terror crosses his face and he bolts out the front door of my house without saying a word.

I ended up having to chase him throughout the area. He'd periodically stop, ask me what was happening, listen to my explanation then reject it loudly with a "No!" and start running again. I eventually worked out from his ramblings that he thought we had put subliminal messages in the music at the party which were being repeated over and over again (it was drum and base we were listening to so repetitive isn't too far off the mark). He also thought that he was stuck in a loop, carrying out the same actions over and over again, and so refused to go back to the house as this would just be the beggining of a new cycle of actions. This is actually one variant of a long running delusion that he held even when sober for a long time and still hasn't fully renounced. As we got further and further from my house I began to get more desperate to get him home where we could keep an eye on him. Eventually I had to take the somewhat irresponsible (but apparently effective) route; I grabbed ahold of him and told him I was marching him to his death. He froze up completely, becoming fairly pliable and enabling me to walk him all the way back to the house, where he promtly dissapeared into my bedroom and hid under the covers for the rest of the night whilst the party went on downstairs.

Apparently he got up in the mid-morning and left without telling anybody, but I later found out from him that he spent the night thinking he was stuck in 'the misery jumper' and at one point he was sexually assaulted by one of my bedroom walls.

Some people just aren't built for psychedelics.

I once spent years and years under the crazy delusion that I am an isolated, atomized human subject. What a troubling dream. ;)

My most crazy delusions weren't from any drugs, just from being sick I suppose. One time when I had a really bad fever, I was having troubles sleeping and would wake up every hour or so. After a while I couldn't even fall asleep, and thats when my head started messing with me. I got really confused, couldn't think straight whatsoever. I looked at my blankets and for some reason I was convinced they were a car park. Slowly it dawned on me that I must be the carpark, and I started to get angry at all the cars driving on/in me, but I didn't know how I could get rid of them without causing mass panic. I think I spent an hour just laying there trying not to disturb the cars and keep order. The longer I waited the more complex and and large the car park became, until it almost ceased to be a car park, rather being a large mess of long and winding roads. When I finally snapped out of it, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how all the roads disappeared so quick.

I've also had a couple delusional moments caused by sleep paralysis. This was sort of drug related, as it was brought on by a large mdma binge (with some acid thrown in as well) spanning pretty much all march break. I was trying to fall asleep, but I couldn't get music out of my head. Revolution 9 by the Beatles got stuck in my head, then my body locked up. The song slowly changed, becoming more fucked up as if it was reaching some morbid climax. At this point it dawned on me that someone must have broken into the house and poisoned me, and they were coming to finish me off. Once I regained control of my body I was terrified that I would run into the would-be assassin. I ended up flipping on every light I could find, clutching tightly the first thing I could find that might offer some protection, a shovel from beside the fireplace. I finally made it upstairs to where my friends were sleeping and crashed beside their bed.
The same night/morning I couldn't fall asleep, I would just go into a state of paralysis, and this lead to another delusional moment. Again on the brink of sweet sleep, my body seized up again, but instead of being aware and just paralyzed, I had an out of body experience. I was speeding around the room, and I was convinced I had become an apparition, no longer being part of the physical world. Various tries to enter into my body failed, only strengthening my belief that I had died and was forced to traverse the earth as nothing but a spirit. Luckily that only lasted a couple minutes, and I was back in my body. The next day I had the greatest sleep of my life, thank god.

A few ones actually from drugs, first time I did DOB I was convinced my right hand had a mind of its own, and if I wasn't paying attention to it my fingers would start to "walk," as in my index and middle finger would move as if they were walking down something. My friend pointed that out to me and I found it quite intriguing, thinking my hand was its own person. On that same DOB I became convinced that the Family channel was sending subliminal messages in their commercials late at night. Mushrooms also sent me into some paranoid delusions, I munched 10 grams and half a pink polar bear pill, but the mushrooms definitely kicked in first. Me and my friend that was tripping with me visited a friend that was drinking at the time. He's a really cruel drunk, and he started verbally attacking me because I'm Australian. His words began to form a cage around me, and it felt like it was making me shrink. I was freaking out thinking that I would eventually just wink out of existence from shrinking so much, and that I had to find a gap in the cage so I could break free, kill him, and put an end to this torment. As this was going on I started to feel shooting pains in my legs and I thought this was from me having shrunk, that my body couldn't deal with being compressed. The other people with us noticed what was happening and managed to stop my drunk friend and calm me down. I'm glad they stopped it when they did, in my state I know I would have tried to kill him :/

A couple quick ones, sorry for how long this has got, as I write one I remember another. I was lost in Toronto on 5 of the most fucked up tabs I have ever done, they had a chemical taste, and the trip had the visuals of acid but the mindset of salvia, as in I was basically a mentally challenged kid tripping on acid. I got lost in a train station, I couldn't find my way out and I couldn't tell what was up, down, left, right, etc. There were a bunch of hobos around, and I became convinced that the train station was going to close down and I was going to be kidnapped by a hobo and sold into some child prostitution ring (I think I was 16 at the time). So I began asking people for quarters so I could call someone to help get me out of there, but then I started thinking that the people I was asking thought I was asking for a quarter of weed. At this point I was sketching out that everyone was either an undercover cop who would arrest me for trying to buy weed, or a kidnapper that would take me away and sell me. Then some standard thinking every car is an undercover that would arrest me, when I was walking around at 2 or 3 in the morning fucked on some pills that were probably cut with speed. That same night I saw a tree that looked like it had the mask from saw carved into it when I came to a fork in the road. I was dead sure if I took the side it was on I would end up dead.

Last one I promise :p, this happened to a friend of mine while he was on a 8th of shrooms. He decided that this girl he was hanging out with must be the devil because she was so ugly or something like that, and that the only way to drive the devil out of her was to piss on her. He whipped it out and chased her, pissing all the while.
If anyone liked those I've got a few more I just don't want to bore anyone, this is already pretty long.

My worst delusion was from marijuana, actually. I was utterly convinced that the only reason I had any "friends" was because of this elaborate staged act that everyone I knew got together and plotted with each other to go through with because they all felt immense pity for me because I was the lowest, dumbest, ugliest, freak piece of shit on the face of the planet and everything about me back to my very conception was a horrible fuck-up. Every time I smoked after that, I would just have more thoughts validating this.

Fuck weed.

One time after a bender of completely overdoing it on coke, alcohol and mdma I took a valium and instantly my throat swelled up and I couldnt breathe. The only thing I could do to gasp a breathe was do a sort of swallow.

It was so scary but I thought that the guy who had given me the valium (who i didnt trust anyway) has actually given me a poison tablet so I called 999 and told them "my friend has poisoned me" but as i was wheezing and it was so difficult to speak it took a long time for them to be able to understand me. In the meantime my friend took the phone off me to speak to them for me when she saw the state I was in.

My throat started to feel like it was being scratched and ripped then I decided that no, this was not a tablet of poison that had caused my throat to swell up....it was an edible robot that had come out of the tablet and lodged itself in my throat. Seriously 8o
So I follow my the guy who had given me the valium screaming as swearing (in between closing of throat - it sort of opened for a sec them closed again) "GET IT OUT!! You have put a robot in my throat to kill me from the inside" He got in his car to drive off as I was causing a massive scene on the street accusing him of trying to kill me and the ambulance was on its way. The throat seizures had subsided by now and I was just totally psychotic in the street yelling "There's a robot in my throat!"
As he got in his car I could see him controlling the robot by a remote control (so i thought)...I was furious and my throat was still seizing and feeling like it was ripping, like something big and metal was scratching at it from the inside. I was so angry and was standing outside in the rain yelling with no shoes on when the ambulance came and took me to hospital for checks. I made him look down my throat to see if he could see the robot..which he couldnt....obviously 8)
When we got to the hospital I was then convinced that it was a disused warehouse that the guy who had given me the tablet had arranged for me to come to so when the nurse tried to take my blood pressure I ripped off the cuff shouting "I know whats going on!!" Eventually I calmed down and all of a sudden it was a huge realisation - none of this is real nobody is trying to kill me....
I dont know what was going on with my throat but it was terrifying! My mental state was so fragile after this episode it was horrible.

Another time after consuming hawaiian baby woodrose seeds I was convinced I was God and that the world began with me etc....which then led to me thinking my best friends were murderers so i hid under the bed clothes and thought I was tied up in a canvas sack in a warehouse and i was about to be set fire to....
I do not do many drugs these days.....

Wow, heh, I can't compete with these stories at all. :) I think my most convincing delusion was of baking a cake on a high dose of MDMA...while lying on the sofa half-comatose, I kept telling my girlfriend the different ingredients I was adding and asking for different measuring cups and utensils. Strange stuff, but ultimately pretty benign. 8)

I suppose we're not counting the usual ego death/"I can't believe that that's actually my name" stuff, right?

me and my friend smoked pot and were getting ready to do a few lines of coke. we heard walky talkies outside and thought they were cops coming for us. my friend lived in an apt and it was just painters but for literally 30 minutes we were hiding in the bathroom almost crying. pretty funny now that i look back

sexually assaulted by a wall?

sounds interesting

Apparently he peeked out from under the sheets and every last iota of space in the room was crammed with people having sex/raw sexual energy. At that point he says the the wall started face-fucking him. I think he was probably just dehydrated and his throat was dried out. I believe that a dry throat is actually a fairly common reason for trips going wrong, I had another friend (the one who did the 'got your nose' thing actually) who freaked out on a massive dose of shrooms in Amsterdam because his throat was dry and he believed he was choking. Eventually he was violently sick over the whole apartment. He then lay down in a pile of chunky mushroom and omlette vomit and refused to let anyone come near him to clean it up for three hours, during which time we had to sit with him and watch O Brother Where Art Thou to make him chill out.

The same guy actually had a delusion on salvia once that he was an entity which he says can be best (but insufficiently) understood as being the letter 'g'. At the time he thought he'd always been that way and as the fog cleared and he looked around the room to see the rest of us, he realised that he was going to inevitably 'transcend his g-ness' and become human. He spent the next twenty minutes or so trying to memorise exactly what it meant to be this g-entity so that he would still remember it when he became human.

I don't know if you can really count salvia experiences as delusional behaviour though seeing as its more to do with the nature of the drug than yourself. I once thought I was an alpine mountain during a salvia trip, it was one of the most serene and peaceful trains of thought I've ever had on psychedelics.

This was after stupidly doing 300mg of 2-DPMP

Day 1

Thought that snipers and police were in my room trying to gas me with nerve gas, i accused my house mate of plotting with the police to take me outside and give myself up.

Day 2

Thought the police were once again spying on me, had repeated visions of a hit squad coming in to take me out. I sat in the corner of my rooms so I had all the exits in vision.

Later thought my phone was tapped, and got ordered to go outside and give myself up, I could see snipers in the trees and they started shooting me with tranq darts.

I was ordered to go to an abandoned house where I was ordered to get on the stomach the police subjected me to a ear syringing, stomach pump and enema in front of my friends who were shocked at what they were doing to me.
Then I was injected with something that caused me to have a ten minute seizure, I snapped out of it and the police were gone.

When I got home, I had a shower and could hear helicopters outside and once again was ordered outside. This time the police had real guns aimed on me and were trying to get me to get on the floor in some sort of wierd position which I couldn't do because I couldn't hear the voices clearly except.

"One last chance, we are going to shoot you"

I started crying and then I snapped out of it again with paramedics above me (only real bit so far) I went to hospital where I started tripping seeing elephants and tigers in the hospital, hearing my friends talking about me, thinking I had cancer and brain damage.

Day 3

Tried to sleep, started tripping seeing my sister and her friends in the walls. They would mock me so I punched the wall and they would cry. Then all of a sudden I was joined in bed by some girl who I shared the sheets with, after several hours of chatting I tried to rape her. However I was just fighting with my bedsheets for maybe an hour or so.

I was convinced I raped someone and had to be reassured by my father that there was no one else in the house, who I didn't believe one bit at the time.

I went back to back to sleep very confused.

alright first let me say i am a dissociative fiend. i do dxm pcp or ketamine every day i possibly can.

my delusions involve myself being a prophet of God, as well as being chosen by God to end all authority systems. God has chosen me to reveal to the youth how to hustle, steal and not work. It is my job to bring down the 9-5 bullshit people feel obligated to live.

thinking that the sound of the shower was a dentist's drill inside my brain (I don't take showers on medium+ doses of 2c-e anymore)

Another time on a high dose of 5-meo-amt, I thought that I was stuck in the bathroom forever, but I wasn't even in the bathroom, I just thought that at some point in everybody's life they get stuck in the bathroom, so I accepted my fate pretty well knowing that it will happen to everyone at some point in time. Don't say I didn't warn you when it happens to you...

I one time had like a little bit of sprite left so I put 6 50mg promethazine tablets in my sprite that's 300 mg of promethazine I was playing

I didn't mean to post the other one lol but one night I had put 6 50mg tabs of promethazine in about a quarter of a 20 oz sprite I was playing mw3 when I was drinking it but things started to get crazy I was seeing my girlfriend and talking to her and when my cou

Lol @ the shower noise thing. More than once on 25i i was on the shower when it kicked in and it started going bwwwwrrrrgshshktyuouiwawawawabazzzzzzzzzzz and i was like "shit, this must be the sound that my brain makes!". 25i has some crazy audio distortions. Silent rooms become wicked.

Once i spent almost a whole trip thinking i was with someone. I was writing sometimes and even wrote "we" as the pronoun. At one point i sat down and realized i was alone.

Marijuana always makes me go "weed is evil and i killer the good in me when i smoked for the first time".

Just a few from the top of my head. Like other posters have implicated, i've seen waaaaaaay more delusional shit from 100% straight-edge folks. Oh well