• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Delusions, what were some of your craziest?

pharmakos

Bluelighter
I'm pretty sure we've all had them at some point. Maybe you thought that you were god. Maybe you thought that your neighbor was a CIA agent that moved in next to you in order to spy on you because you ordered too many research chemicals online. Maybe you thought that if you twisted the knot on that one tree that it would open up a door to a magical elven land. Who knows.

Myself, I keep having the same trip where I think that I've ended up in some sort of strange afterlife that is nearly identical to my old life, and if I could just convince everyone else that they were in an afterlife as well then heaven would be complete. Its sorta like how Robin Williams goes to hell to save his wife in What Dreams May Come, and when she's there she goes through the motions of her past life not knowing that she's in hell. A cross between that and the movie Waking Life I suppose.

I've also convinced myself that the world was about to end. I've convinced myself that my ex-fiance was merely dating me because she was working for her narcotics officer father (her dad really was a narcotics officer... what a bad match for a psychonaut!).

Anyway... what are some of your delusions? Don't be shy, we're all crazy here, aren't we? I'm sure most of your delusions have been shared by at least one person here. Lets discuss!

I have never been delusional from phychs and I have taken lot of trips. Maybe you should be careful sounds like you might be inviting a phycotic episode.

Oh, I've had a few psychotic episodes. I'm not too proud of them either. They actually were really humiliating and embarassing. I started this thread because hearing about some other people's delusions/psychotic episodes will hopefully help me come to terms with the ones that I had.

one time when i was left alone in the woods at night on 8 blotters i freaked out thinking that people from space were talking in my head - then that i had to guard this big pit because cthulhu was down there and couldn't get out - then he got out so i ran - thought the cars were all military vehicles - cops were all russian spies - everything was inside a book so it didn't matter what i did - i flagged down a car and insisted that we needed a boat to survive the flood - ran into a supermarket yelling about the end of the world and having been bitten by poison ants - climbed up the pile of dog food and decided that the checkout guy was jesus - cops came and i struggled with the handcuffs so they took me to the ground - still thought cthulhu was chasing me so i yelled that i couldn't drive the ambulance to safety with me strapped down in the back - told a cop at the hospital he was a 'stripper cop' - they injected me with stuff and i started to come down....

ahahahaha... no... but it was still enjoyable pretty much..

a few years later i was diagnosed with schizophrenia which explains my extreme state that night - but, another moral to this is never leave your friends alone in the woods at night on LSD..

I had a delusional trip on mushrooms where I deduced that there was a movie or book or something which I hadn't seen that was a tutorial on how to drive someone to a psychotic break and have them committed, through the use of suggestion and subconscious programming leading up to and during a psychedelic experience. I became convinced that some or all of my friends had seen/read this and decided to try it out on me, and that this was the trip that they had chosen to bring it all to a head. we were up in a patch of bush, and I was convinced that we were just on the edge of people's sections and that I would stumble into someone's yard freaking out paranoid, rambling incoherently, like something straight out of cops (which, incidentally, we had watched on TV the night before)

fortunately, I was able to trust the friend I was with enough to talk through all of this with him and get through the experience. even so, it left me severely shaken and was the last psychedelic I took for quite some time.
I have done considerable personal and spiritual development since then and the one trip I have had since then was very difficult, but more due to an uncomfortable social situation my tripping buddy was in that was starting to spiral out of control, and us having to accept the cold hard facts of it and draw conclusion about what to do while on ~25mg 2C-E.

I do feel that psychedelics are still the way forward for me, but I will be picking very carefully who, where and when I next trip. Ideally, I would like to track down somebody in New Zealand with experience in psychedelic therapy, if anyone knows anybody then pm me.

There's only been one time that i feel i may have slipped away from rationality.

This took place in the woods, i was at a party.. on a medium to high dose of LSD, where i began to visualize and believe that the leaves littered all over the forest were piranhas, i had convinced myself so much that they were real that when i stepped on them i felt them biting my feet (I had no shoes on) which caused me to run off and find a clearing where i could safely stand, my friends eventually found me and when i explained to them what was happening.. the look they gave me shocked me so much to realize what i was doing.. which snapped me back to reality.

Never been able to replicate a trip quite like that again, enjoyed it though :)

one time i peed in a bottle so i was holding the bottle with my hand and when i was peeing i actully saw my hand melting and i saw my skeleton and it looked very very real

After several days taking 20-25mg of selegiline a day, or more, I stopped sleeping, and when alone I would start to hallucinate really hard, like the owner of the hostel was talking about me, with my sister, then I discovered they had put cameras and microphones in the room and outside in the trees. Then I discovered that they (my family) were in a van full of equipment, watching all my actions, and I could hear them because I had a tiny radar that they had put in me in a dream the last time I slept. Then I started thinking that the whole hostel, and the whole block and some next to it (maybe nine full blocks) were part of a psi ward, something like the Trumman show but not as big. After some sleep with more dreams that had to do with the whole hallucination I had a semi normal day, but at night I started hearing voices again so I called my sister at we went to ER, I talked to the medic and they gave me a prescription of nozinan and bromodol, which ended the craziness.
It was very much like an anticholinergic type of hallucinations, minus the amnesia.

When I was coming down from a large dose of mdma, I was home alone with some friends,playing really loud music. I looked of my balcony(I live on the 3rd floor) and seen like 50 people in the parking lot dancing. I was "Sweet! Rave outside!" I told my friends that we should go outside and party some more. They just look at me "What are you talking about?". I was "screw you guys". I went down stairs to the parking lot, everyone was gone! I was really dissapointed. But when I went upstairs I looked off my balcony again, what do you know? Theirs like over 50 people raving in my parking lot again.

Captain Charlie is an experience psychonaut, and was doing LSD with his friend Dave. Dave was really really tripping, and then kinda developed the idea that he had superpowers. Like, he thought that he could read or hear people's thoughts? And he was really annoying about it, he'd interrupt people and say "wait, wait, you're thinking _____". He'd be wrong a lot of the time, but when he was right it would provide even more self-validation. This ended up driving away his girlfriend and friends.

During that trip, when Dave had broughten up the "reading thoughts" thing, Captain Charlie decided to screw with Dave a bit. He convinced Dave that he is God, and that he's hiding or living here on Earth. Dave was astonished, skeptical... but eventually fell for it? And Dave continued to believe this after he stopped tripping.

It's fucked up. I've only heard this second-hand, I've never met Dave, so it could be made up by Charlie. Finally Charlie had to stop Dave and explain that he wasn't God, he can't read minds, and that he's pushing away all his friends with this bullshit.

=======
I dunno if I've had delusions. While tripping I thought that I was actually unconscious in a hospital, and I was in the process of dying. I thought my friends had called an ambulance on me, but that I had kind of mentally gone away before the medics arrived, and that I was in a spiritual realm (that looked strangely like Corvallis, Oregon).

I felt that God was going to give me a chance to plead my case! But that he was hiding. I ended up talking to 3 random strangers, who I thought might be God. One middle-aged motherly looking woman. Another woman, maybe in her 30s, and finally an old hispanic guy. I told the hispanic guy "I really like your bicycle!" and he thought I was trying to steal it from him. :(

My friends were decent about "shepherding" me. Hehe.

When I was coming down from a large dose of mdma, I was home alone with some friends,playing really loud music. I looked of my balcony(I live on the 3rd floor) and seen like 50 people in the parking lot dancing. I was "Sweet! Rave outside!" I told my friends that we should go outside and party some more. They just look at me "What are you talking about?". I was "screw you guys". I went down stairs to the parking lot, everyone was gone! I was really dissapointed. But when I went upstairs I looked off my balcony again, what do you know? Theirs like over 50 people raving in my parking lot again.
Haha, fucking epic!

The most recurring one is that marijuana is evil. I realize now I just don't like the high. On one trip my fiance and I were going to rewrite the Bible, because we thought God was instructing us to do so. I wrote like half before we freaked out about the end of it where it says not to do that or something. I have a paper we wrote where we condemned:
MDMA as evil, spiders as evil, pot as evil..
and get this:
Pleasure is evil.

Hahaha.
Gosh, LSD.

A friend of mine while psychotic (non-drug induced) told me bullets would dematerialize or more pass through the pass that is inherent in all matter if it wasn't your time to die. Sigh... poor schizophrenic fool.

Peace,
PL

after eating 4 grams of rediculously potent mushrooms and on a foggy ass night no less i thought the girl from the ring was following me. i swear i could even see her long black hair dangling over a bus bench and a cold gray hand gripping the bench. my 2 friends had so much fun fucking with my head when they knew i was that fucked. when i walked by it with my buddy he screamed real loud and made me jump like 5 feet in the air. i also had it in my head that some demonic entities were trying to get in my head. i wouldnt walkby playgrounds or garbage cans the whole night

another time i ate 14 grams of mushrooms and had the coolest trip ever. i had this feeling like plants were alive with some sort of sentieint consciousness and that they were tryin to talk to me in some fucked language that i could understand lol. it was weird how alive plants looked and how they each had a personality. the weirdest part was i could see eyes and faces in the plants and an aura around them.

Captain Charlie is an experience psychonaut, and was doing LSD with his friend Dave. Dave was really really tripping, and then kinda developed the idea that he had superpowers. Like, he thought that he could read or hear people's thoughts? And he was really annoying about it, he'd interrupt people and say "wait, wait, you're thinking _____". He'd be wrong a lot of the time, but when he was right it would provide even more self-validation. This ended up driving away his girlfriend and friends.

During that trip, when Dave had broughten up the "reading thoughts" thing, Captain Charlie decided to screw with Dave a bit. He convinced Dave that he is God, and that he's hiding or living here on Earth. Dave was astonished, skeptical... but eventually fell for it? And Dave continued to believe this after he stopped tripping.

It's fucked up. I've only heard this second-hand, I've never met Dave, so it could be made up by Charlie. Finally Charlie had to stop Dave and explain that he wasn't God, he can't read minds, and that he's pushing away all his friends with this bullshit.

hahaha thats fuckin awsome

one time when i was left alone in the woods at night on 8 blotters i freaked out thinking that people from space were talking in my head - then that i had to guard this big pit because cthulhu was down there and couldn't get out - then he got out so i ran - thought the cars were all military vehicles - cops were all russian spies - everything was inside a book so it didn't matter what i did - i flagged down a car and insisted that we needed a boat to survive the flood - ran into a supermarket yelling about the end of the world and having been bitten by poison ants - climbed up the pile of dog food and decided that the checkout guy was jesus - cops came and i struggled with the handcuffs so they took me to the ground - still thought cthulhu was chasing me so i yelled that i couldn't drive the ambulance to safety with me strapped down in the back - told a cop at the hospital he was a 'stripper cop' - they injected me with stuff and i started to come down....
Oh my dear god! That sounded like some massive story but if that was REAL than pure prps to you for handling it! AND for being so fucking insane to dream it in the first place! I had one i thought id NEVER tell anyone but reading this thread, I might, BUT the worrying thing is, I 50/50 STILL think it might be real! Ive had nothing to do with it but meh! xx