• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Delusions, what were some of your craziest?

One new year's eve a while back I'd done a fair amount of 2c-i and MDMA and had a realization that based merely on the infinite size of the universe that every possibility in my life had occurred somewhere else to another, semi-identical (save the one possibility) me. The reason I was thinking this was because i was utterly unaware how i blew things with the girl i was making out with most of the night. For some reason the thought "Somewhere in the universe I totally rocked that chicks world" was strangely comforting... Ha.

Years later while watching the history (or maybe discovery, i get the two mixed up) channel program "The Universe" a theoretical physicist said the same thing. I was a strange mix of blown away/not surprised. Also I thought it was odd it took a guy with a PhD years of research to come to the same conclusion I did after a night of drug use and failing to get laid...

I'd like to point out that delusions aren't exclusively the product of taking psychedelics, they can arise from all sorts of other stimuli and stressers or just out of no where.

I woke up this morning and turned on my computer to find that all of my documents were missing. All of my music, photos, and video files were intact. All that was missing was my word documents-- including around 100 pages the onceptualization of the story I'm working on. I was devastated. I turned my computer off, and when I turned it back on it was back. I'm currently toying with the "delusion" that someone doesn't want this story to be written, that it's someone's mission, maybe my nemesis, to destroy all of my efforts. I like to think of the story as a prophetic work for modern times-- in a nutshell it's about the evolution of consciousness, and about how a totalitarian government controls the population in an attempt to prevent such evolution. Maybe some such government agency fears my attempts to expose them?

Some time last year I woke up to find my friend in a psychotic state. He was convinced he was jesus, buddha, krishna, etc. He kept telling me that he made the sun rise. He started speaking in nonsense, just jumbled religious words strung together. He asked me if I believed him and I told him I did. I did, too. Why not? Anyway, I saw him later and he was back to his normal self. Turns out he hadn't slept in 3 days, that probably had something to do with it.

thanks for sharing everyone, i do feel a bit better about my craziness. =)

For some reason the thought "Somewhere in the universe I totally rocked that chicks world" was strangely comforting... Ha.

that made me literally laugh out loud very hard in the middle of the library just now. so win. =)

oh, and if you like the idea of an infinite universe containing every possibility, you would (and you probably have heard this before), enjoy the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. no one really manufactures most daily objects anymore, because there's a planet where just about anything exists naturally. mattresses are the corpses of mattress-like animals. screwdrivers grow on trees. etc. =D

One morning after overdosing on 2ci the day before (very uncomfortable, sleepless night) I walked out my apartment building to go to work and was confronted with a large yellow chicken/bear creature doing a slow dance on the sidewalk just for me.

I watched in surprise and horror for several moments until the chicken suddenly switched into a fedex man carrying a box. It literally felt like reality changed the channel on me.

thanks for sharing everyone, i do feel a bit better about my craziness. =)

that made me literally laugh out loud very hard in the middle of the library just now. so win. =)

oh, and if you like the idea of an infinite universe containing every possibility, you would (and you probably have heard this before), enjoy the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. no one really manufactures most daily objects anymore, because there's a planet where just about anything exists naturally. mattresses are the corpses of mattress-like animals. screwdrivers grow on trees. etc. =D

ha, glad you got a kick out of it. And I love Douglas Adams stuff, esp the hitchhiker's guide series. Dirk Gently series is pretty funny too, not to be underestimated.

On DXM I realized that when ever we have to perform an action like piss or breathe a person we know from life living in trip land reminds us to do these things and it's interpreted by the brain into thought so we won't be scared that's how the brain really works and the only way to see how the mind works is through robotripping.

I was on a gram of diphenhydramine and a black guy with no head or body but just a face explained, when you trip on deliriants man they show the real world beyond the real world, that's why the spiders and alligators scare you man they plot against you when you sober. I cracked up for about 5 minutes the morning after.

I was pretty fcking sure that I was the second coming of jesus christ for about 4 months after my first trip on 2Ce in which I saw the all seeing eye in the sky haha...
wow...
and then later that year when I moved I became convinced that my room mate was an alien who had kidnapped me and I was now living in his ship in a holographic projection being fed until I was fat enough to eat, psychically that is.

I would spend hours every night staring at the sky watching my hppd making the stars waver and thinking that they were space ships...

ugh I was so paranoid and deleusional for like almost a year... tripping twice a week on 2ci in addition to cid and whatever else I could find... bad news bears

persistant visuals are still there, they just dont mae me freak out like they used to. its like a normal part of life now.

speaking to imaginary people and smoking imaginary cigarettets... when i was delirious on promethazine (by mistake)... it sucked

I thought my house was a spaceship and opening the front and back door was an extremely dangerous thing to do because we would lose cabin pressure and oxygen.

Happened round when I was only just getting into smoking weed, was stoned out of my mind. Been a couple years since, nothing that exciting has happened since.

Just thinking about acid enough can be a trip, I remember once I was thinking a lot about the mental state in order to try to turn of visual filters as much is possible with taking a hit. That night I woke up in the strangest mindstate - and because I hadn't taken a drug, so I was afraid I would be that way forever. Basically I could not remember why I tend to think of my self or my life as significant. I felt like I was outside of time and viewing myself as a tiny spec of all the things that would come, and I could not get back to my normal state. - though after about ten minutes I did, and this hasn't happened since.

Also, hearing a loud knock on more door when coked up for a two days or so, and assuming it was the police (the whole thing was a hallucination.)

damn. well, here's the craziest one:

Black Jesuz said:
I would consider "craziest" to mean the delusion that I believed in the most, and that would have to be the belief that I was a vampire/son of the devil. This lasted (believe it or not) four to five months. It's difficult to say exactly when everything happened chronologically, but over an unknown period of time I made several drastic changes to my life including changing my sleep cycle over so I would only rise after 8pm and go to sleep before 5am, robo was like blood and every night I needed to feed...I would walk in the dead of night 1.5 miles through the ghetto to a 24 hour cvs where I'd stalk and capture my prey, a 8oz bottle of tussin, always around the same time and always from the same store never actually buying anything, and the weirdest/most vivid part was I believed I had vampire-like influence over most people when I was robotripping, and could make them do things, and that I could seduce women, get them to drink robo as well and have timesex. This delusion was perpetuated after I successfully (looking back, more like miraculously) managed to seduce 3 different girls into doing robo and then fucking. During this period I would often robowalk around the house with a shower curtain (cape) tied around my neck and baring my teeth (which my side ones top and bottom are significantly pointed and look fang-like).

To this day I have a strong affinity to vampire-related shit.

after eating 4 grams of rediculously potent mushrooms and on a foggy ass night no less i thought the girl from the ring was following me. i swear i could even see her long black hair dangling over a bus bench and a cold gray hand gripping the bench. my 2 friends had so much fun fucking with my head when they knew i was that fucked. when i walked by it with my buddy he screamed real loud and made me jump like 5 feet in the air. i also had it in my head that some demonic entities were trying to get in my head. i wouldnt walkby playgrounds or garbage cans the whole night

another time i ate 14 grams of mushrooms and had the coolest trip ever. i had this feeling like plants were alive with some sort of sentieint consciousness and that they were tryin to talk to me in some fucked language that i could understand lol. it was weird how alive plants looked and how they each had a personality. the weirdest part was i could see eyes and faces in the plants and an aura around them.

14 grams? holy mother of jesus that's a lot of mushrooms. i wouldn't be able to move, think, speak, etc. haha

Hi Bluelight - I've lurked for a long time but I feel as though I must share my delusional experience.

Been drinking beers all night with a friend and both taken acid having a great night, 6 hours into the trip and still tripping pretty hard I decided to go to the toilet and do a poo. I got into the toilet and sat down and realised what I weird sensation it is to suddenly be by yourself after all that time. It gave me a bit of ‘catch up’. A kind of ‘see where your at’ moment after living in the moment for so long outside. As I started getting comfortable and… um.. pooing. I heard someone come back into the house.

I thought that it must be my friends sister and thought nothing of it. Next I heard someone walk over to the door and try and open it. I gave a yell ‘I’m in here’. But to my surprise it kept trying to open and actually started banging against the latch. I started to freak a little bit and then decided it was my friend being a dick. So I yelled out ‘oy, get out of it’. It kept banging harder and harder. Like really fucking hard. Aggressively, And I’m thinking, if this bangs any harder – it’s going to break. I then noticed this horrible inhumane noise coming from behind the door.

Like someone who couldn’t breathe properly and the banging did not cease. I realised what had happened: My friends sister had come back in to go to the toilet and had a seizure right next to the door.

This happened to me a few years ago, where I walked into the school toilet and found another student having a seizure and bashing his head against the door compulsively.

I started to really really worry and started thinking ‘the poor girl, I wish I could get up to help her but I can’t because I’m mid-snap and I’m pretty frightened. Then I thought ‘hang on, maybe I’m about to have seizure and this is the way my brain is perceiving what’s about to happen’.

It made sense – dude on acid, finally finds a moment to himself and has a seizure in a moment of privacy. I had a seizure last year after some severe exhaustion, stress and reaction to antibiotics I had been taking so I was pretty fucking terrified. Then I started to wonder:
“Maybe this is some dark, repressed memory of mine about to reveal itself. Some sort of abuse I may have received as a kid, no longer becomes repressed after the acid.”

This scared me. I sat there, looking at the door banging like crazy and literally thought “This is it. This is psychosis. This is it. This is what it looks like when you lose your mind – you’re not just hallucinating. This is really fucking happening.”

I tried to calm myself down and I was shaking a fair bit and breathing rapidly. I started to think:
“Well, this is an old house. Who knows what has happened in this house before. Maybe it’s a spirit of some sort and I’m able to perceive it because of the acid. I started to get a really dark feeling about all the things I had just thought about and summarised it as such:

Something bad has happened in this house, possibly this room. I literally started to concentrate; trying to contact this spirit which I felt was a child. I started saying to myself in my head ‘It’s ok… it’s ok. I don’t know what happened to you but it’s ok because it’s not happening anymore. You don’t have to be frightened; I’m not going to hurt you.’ At times, I wondered whether I was talking to the spirit or talking to the inner child inside me (because minutes ago, I wondered whether I was abused as kid). I partially wondered whether whatever spirit was in the house somehow represented me.

The scariest thing was: the banging started to stop and this spirit seemed to start calming down. When I felt like I had calmed this thing down I quickly wiped, stood up and readied myself for whatever I was about to face. I told myself “I bet when I open this door, there will be nothing there and I was just tripping balls”. I opened the door and there was nothing there. But I turned my head, and there was a little boy looking up at me.

I couldn’t believe my fucking eyes, and at that very moment and man walked out into the corridor we were in and said to me “how are ya mate – my boy just needs to use the toilet”.

Turns out – my friends much older brother was staying over at the house and had brought his autistic son with him! And the poor kid just needed to use the toilet.

I gave an awkward hello and quickly headed up back to safety of the campfire – my friend didn’t tell me that there was anyone else staying over!

After all this you can imagine the head fuck was pretty great - but I told my mate all about it and we had a bit of a laugh too.

Sorry this post was so long - but hope it was entertaining somewhat!

Turns out – my friends much older brother was staying over at the house and had brought his autistic son with him! And the poor kid just needed to use the toilet.

Never underestimate the ability of psychs to create a novel-length explanation for a fairly mundane but unanswered question! Kid prolly has no sense of "oh, im knocking too hard...better slow down and ask politely", and in the same situation, any acid riddled brain would've come up with a hundred-or-so theories like yours, but maybe not quite as interesting!

I myself have never had a really bad delusion, but at the same time, I become super cautious on acid. Other people, though, have gotten kind of weird on acid.

One time, after having watched A Scanner Darkly on my first acid trip, I went to my friend's room (we live in a dorm) and he had the lights totally out. I wasn't afraid or anything at first, but I felt like the dark was suffocating and that any one of them could inadvertently lash out at me, or worse, there was someone else in the room I didn't know about. I was borderline ready to freak out at them when I told them to turn on the light, and they did, thankfully.

Later that day, I go back to the room, and they start laughing as soon as I walk in, telling me I had to leave because two men in black suits had come there looking for me. Of course, I think they either hallucinated it or were bullshitting me in order to fuck with me (I'm assuming the latter to be true) so I tried to reason with them, telling them that if anyone were looking for me, they'd be going to my room first, and I definitely would have already been found. WELL, they weren't having that so I decided to leave them and just go chill with some hippie kid from a few floors up.

This other time, our provider of drugs came to the house while me and my fellow pledge brothers were forced to clean the whole place while high off a grav hit. Almost everyone took some acid, including this one kid who'd never done it before. And he freaked the FUCK out.

First, he believed that the guy who'd given him the acid was God, and started praying in his native Bangladesh tongue. Then, he thought the guy was a Satan figure, so he started freaking out and trying to attack this one girl that was there. We told him to stop, and that it isn't cool to attack girls. So he says this:

"No girls? No girls? I don't like girls! I like boys! I'm gay!"

(I'm thinking this was just his line of reasoning, since we told him not to touch the girl he was trying to rape, that he must not like girls, which made him think he was gay.)

Then, he whips his dick out and starts flopping around on the floor, once again yelling out prayers in his native tongue. The guy who gave us all the acid had to drag the kid off, get his pants back on, sit him down, and get him to relax. Me and one of my other pledge brothers (who was not tripping, just high) decided to sneak off to China Wok and have some food, then relax and try to get past what we just witnessed at the house.

On our way back to the dorm, I was convinced that I was walking through a snow tunnel, even though the snow was only about a foot high. And my friend talked to me as The Snow, which had the voice of a black man for some reason. Ever since then, he assumes this voice that talks to me as various objects, usually any time I'm tripping or just high.

Another time, after my ski tripping experience, I sat out in my backyard. The sky was totally cloudy which bummed me out, and I thought: I want it to clear up. Maybe if I sit here it'll clear. What freaked me out was that it did. I had to tell myself: this is what you wanted, now let's just enjoy the show and relax. So then I thought I could see/hear the stars jamming out to Chuck Mangione's "Feels So Good," (no idea why it was that song, but it was cool because my mind would also improvise solos with all kinds of strange instruments) but that got disrupted by any airplane that flew by. I saw a couple of cool cloud-shapes too, the most vivid one being a scorpion trying to grab the moon with its claws.

When I felt like I had calmed this thing down I quickly wiped, stood up and readied myself for whatever I was about to face. I told myself “I bet when I open this door, there will be nothing there and I was just tripping balls”. I opened the door and there was nothing there. But I turned my head, and there was a little boy looking up at me.

but ya' didn't wash your hands? tsk tsk! =p

When I was coming down from a large dose of mdma, I was home alone with some friends,playing really loud music. I looked of my balcony(I live on the 3rd floor) and seen like 50 people in the parking lot dancing. I was "Sweet! Rave outside!" I told my friends that we should go outside and party some more. They just look at me "What are you talking about?". I was "screw you guys". I went down stairs to the parking lot, everyone was gone! I was really dissapointed. But when I went upstairs I looked off my balcony again, what do you know? Theirs like over 50 people raving in my parking lot again.

Hahahaha that is hilarious!