• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Delta 8 THC Megathread

I've been vaping d8 pretty much daily for the last 6 months or so and always had a predictable experience however these new carts I bought are insanely strong and its kind of confusing me.

I've had 3 different carts before this... these new DELTA APE carts I bought do not list any % or potency at all. Simply say "New improved headspace".... whatever that means. Says 100% hemp product.

Taking just half a hit, a baby hit of these carts gets me really stoned and I'm using just a basic ooze vaporizer.

What's weird to me is these DELTA APE carts feel different than every other cart. They actually give me a head buzz and considerable anxiety just like real THC would. For a minute I actually suspected it has some other cannabinoid or something in it. I don't know! They are VERY strong, though, way stronger than the other "95%" d8 carts I've tried have been.

Skyhio - 80%, terps added ccell cart - First I tried and why I fell in love with d8, takes 2-3 hits to get stoned
3chi - 95%, terps added ccell cart - Tastes and feels just like skyhio but takes 1-2 hits
?forgot? - unknown cheap cart, claimed to be 90% d8 + 5% CBD but it sucked big time, took 10+ hits to get a buzz
DELTA APE ccell - ? does not list potency? - feels 2x stronger than 3chi which claims 95% and is 25% more expensive than DELTA APE. Feels more like real THC.

I've had 2 of these DELTA APE carts so far. The first had obvious artificial berry flavor blocking out any terpenese, and the 2nd tastes like they extracted terpenes from a broccoli.

These carts just feel like they are on a new level.... I've never had anxiety from d8 even when I had no tolerance, and WITH tolerance these give me anxiety and headbuzz on 1 hit!
I just now seen where you mentioned 3chi

Do you find it a really Stoney feeling. I get that with certain weeds, mainly indicas which is odd. But I’m paradoxical. Klonopin can keep me up like cocaine and cocaine can help me sleep. So I’m just looking for the most bang for my buck. But I did recommend to my local cbd shop that they stock those.

The industry is highly unreliable, from the companies that make carts to the the labs that provide tests.

You essentially have no idea what you are getting in the cart, even if they label it with lab tests.

Well I do use cbd, in conjunction. But I may find more mycerne based stuff cause some of the indicas (actual weed) lay me out perfectly.
You can buy pure myrcene on amazon. I used it once to make a sleepy time tincture using that and cbd mixed into coconut oil.

I've got pure isolate CBD, CBG and CBN on the way in the mail. I'm going to add just a touch of d8 with mostly cbd and cbn and only a touch of cbg because cbg is more sativa like for me but the others are more indica like. My new and updated sleepy time tincture should be a lot stronger now.

Terpenes have a short shelf life. I'll possibly add myrcene again depending on how fresh my myrcene is (it might be rancid by now).

You can buy pure myrcene on amazon. I used it once to make a sleepy time tincture using that and cbd mixed into coconut oil.

I've got pure isolate CBD, CBG and CBN on the way in the mail. I'm going to add just a touch of d8 with mostly cbd and cbn and only a touch of cbg because cbg is more sativa like for me but the others are more indica like. My new and updated sleepy time tincture should be a lot stronger now.

Terpenes have a short shelf life. I'll possibly add myrcene again depending on how fresh my myrcene is (it might be rancid by now).
Sounds so complicated. Ima see if I can get tincture and dropper and just fill it as needed. I assume a tincture could be vaped if dilute enough. I doubt their tinctures are actavis thick

Sounds so complicated. Ima see if I can get tincture and dropper and just fill it as needed. I assume a tincture could be vaped if dilute enough. I doubt their tinctures are actavis thick
Tinctures are generally made for oral consumption and aren't meant to be vaped. When buying terpenes for vaping make sure they are food grade or medical grade and 100% pure. Some companies have misleading marketing and aren't actually pure so a careful eye is necessary.

To further complicate things, hemp does indeed have strains just like marijuana and delta 8 is indeed naturally occurring in the cannabis plant. However the process to get a significant amount of D8 makes the strains themselves irrelevant.

It takes some time to figure out what terps and cannabinoids are right for you. No need to rush it.

Perhaps. I’ve tried kava root @ 6 grams plus whatever’s left in this cart. So idk I feel like it’s doing nothing can you take propanol with kava ?
I'm not sure. My only forays into kava were disappointingly bitter (da dum tssshh!) and resulted in little effect other than a numb tongue so I threw the rest out. Some people get a lot from kava, to me it's just too weak.

Propanol is a beta-blocker for heart pressure right? I think it should be safe to mix, but I'd research more if I were you.

I'm not sure. My only forays into kava were disappointingly bitter (da dum tssshh!) and resulted in little effect other than a numb tongue so I threw the rest out. Some people get a lot from kava, to me it's just too weak.

Propanol is a beta-blocker for heart pressure right? I think it should be safe to mix, but I'd research more if I were you.
Yeah I think I don’t need adderall or anything really I’m just causing more problems that compounded by what I’m already going through that said ima take another serving of kava and my 5htp. Maybe things will look a little brighter.

Well it helps control anxiety off label by blocking nor adrenaline if this kava doesn’t work ima add propanol or atarax. I wish @negrogesic was on

So basically the 5% terpenes are what’s making me feel up or stoned?
Terpenes seem to modulate the high off the cannaboids.

Yes, terpenes matter, more than just flavour.

The industry is highly unreliable, from the companies that make carts to the the labs that provide tests.

You essentially have no idea what you are getting in the cart, even if they label it with lab tests.
More standardized testing, like legal states have, are needed I agree.

I feel safe otherwise.

More standardized testing, like legal states have, are needed I agree.

I feel safe otherwise.
First off there is no standardized testing, no single standard has become dominant.

The standardized testing, needs to be audited. Basically no one is doing that.

Don't think anyone is auditing from retail samples either...

Any feeling of safety, is totally made up.

First off there is no standardized testing, no single standard has become dominant.

How can you be sure?

How can you be sure?
I mean, how much regulation can there possibly be in an a gray market industry?

"Extract" is a very loosely defined term. d8 is simply "hemp extract"

these were the same stores selling bath salts and spice not but 10 years ago, and it was a complete mystery what those products contained