• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Delta 8 THC Megathread

I noticed this too with d8. Tolerance builds fast (especially if you are eating high dose edibles or smoking the BHO version of it) but merely a 24 hour break or so seemed to reset me tolerance
It is amazing to me how quick cannabis tolerance resets for me. I stopped for one day last week and when I smoked again two hits had me almost tripping. And I've smoke for 46 years, the last 10 daily. Yeah, just a little break works for me.

Funny enough I found an older D8 cart and I hit it and it worked great. But of course I had not had any in a while. No doubt the next smokes would have created a quick tolerance.

Yeah just picked up a G of delta 8 vape by Viper pineapple upside down cake sposedly
Never heard of it and dumb ass didnt do due diligence in vetting but got high and forgot :shrug:

Damn went to a website that sells it and got smacked by at least 10 trillion lol adds.
Try a different or just forget about it f it ;)

does anyone have a tolerance of what according to the packages I am taking thousands of mgs of delta 8 gummies with little effect anymore......just order an oz of d8 distillate to make my own but i dunno if my tolerance is really that high and the gummies ive been eating are accurately dosed

does anyone have a tolerance of what according to the packages I am taking thousands of mgs of delta 8 gummies with little effect anymore......just order an oz of d8 distillate to make my own but i dunno if my tolerance is really that high and the gummies ive been eating are accurately dosed
If you're eating a gram or more of d8 at a time, its time for a tolerance break. I was at that point too for a while with d8 and its easy to get there fast if you eat it all the time. Or try switching to THC-O-Acetate and see if that changes things a bit. Maybe but my guess is a break is your best bet

I ate a few ounces of d8 a couple years ago, it goes really fast if you do it all the time

D8 is kinda unique in that tolerance gets to a point where it can stop working entirely, even with extremely high doses.

Yeah, I got to a point with d8/hhc/thcp/etc edibles last year where I could eat 2000mg+ and have very little to no effect, it was insane. A month break brought it down, but even now only smoking just raw flower, if I consume more than say 1.5g a day my tolerance will begin to skyrocket. Easy enough cap to stay under, but it'd be a hell of a lot easier if it didn't help with EVERYTHING. Appetite, insomnia, pain, existential doom. 🙂

"Putting aside the uncertainty in some in vitro results, it appears that Δ8-THC has a lower potency then Δ9-THC at the human CB1 receptor and a similar potency at the human CB2 receptor. Because cannabis users titrate the dose to the effect they want, equivalent CB1 receptor activation is likely to occur in the real world regardless of which cannabinoid is used. However, at a dose that produces equivalent CB1 receptor activation, Δ8-THC will likely produce greater CB2 receptor activation than Δ9-THC."

And so the higher doses required to achieve equivalent CB1 receptor activation will produce (much) greater CB2 receptor activation which may well increase tolerance much more quickly.

Edit: Fixed the typo in the original

Last edited:
Is there any reason to try Delta 8 when you have easy access to real good weed (Delta 9 obviously)?

I've never tried Delta 8 before, but I hear it's just a weaker type of weed. Are there any effects it has that are unique enough and different enough from delta 9 that it's worth trying?

It tends to elicit less anxiety-producing effects, if that’s something you’re susceptible to. Some prefer it to d9 for that reason

Any of you guys try these ELFthc carts? They are approx. 5 grams D8/ other Alt-Noids, depending on which cart you get, I get them for 50$.

I've been able to get pretty stoned off of these, not as high as I get smoking the 88% THC carts from the dispensary, but cheaper for more oil.

Of course, I still prefer good old flower rolled up in a joint, but these do the trick in a pinch.

bfb2e6_f6af12de092c4a2cb5fd832340d54024~mv2.jpg

Any of you guys try these ELFthc carts? They are approx. 5 grams D8/ other Alt-Noids, depending on which cart you get, I get them for 50$.

I've been able to get pretty stoned off of these, not as high as I get smoking the 88% THC carts from the dispensary, but cheaper for more oil.

Of course, I still prefer good old flower rolled up in a joint, but these do the trick in a pinch.

For me, it was the usual issue with carts/disposables, only much worse with the elfthc - it was almost impossible to get a decent sized hit without risking frying the coil. It was such a limiter I could NOT get high on the damn thing lol, hitting it literally nonstop. I also had a hellified tolerance at the time, though.

They only come in 2 or 3g pens, but the best alt-noid pens I've had were by Looper.

Is there any reason to try Delta 8 when you have easy access to real good weed (Delta 9 obviously)?

I've never tried Delta 8 before, but I hear it's just a weaker type of weed. Are there any effects it has that are unique enough and different enough from delta 9 that it's worth trying?
It hits the CB2 (body (kinda)) receptors harder, so it may sometimes have equal medical benefits while having less psychoactive effects.
My grandson smokes pot for his ADHD and he says that he likes ∆8 at work. That it gives him his medical benefits while being more clear headed for work.
My lady says it helps for pain while being more clear headed.

If you don't run up a tolerance, and if you purchase distillate online, it can also be cheap as chips.

I used to enjoy eating some ∆8 and then smoking weed for a different, added, effect sometimes.

You know I was on opiates and benzodiazepines for about 7 years for pain and anxiety. I can't believe that a cannabinoid such as this could single-handedly lead to a much healthier pain management life.

I stay away from vapes I stay away from flower.
What I do have however is viles of 10,000 mg d8 in liquid tincture.
16.4 mg per drop.
There's warehouses full to the ceiling of this completely legal company.

And every time they talk about banning the substance I order more. I do kind of wish that it was regulated but I do order from a company that was featured in a high times article about safe hemp concentrate products.

After using this product for going on 2 years now, I'm yet to see any adverse health effects. Other than gaining about 15 lb lol. Which for me is positive because I've always been underweight due to medical issues.

I take a little tolerance breaks upwards of a month just to make sure that I'm not becoming too mentally dependent and also to keep my tolerance low.

I really have the state of Texas to thank for even stumbling across this miracle substance. I was a heavy pot smoker for 15 years but the paranoia and also chronic cough made it to where I was losing health benefits. Because Texas never legalized or even decriminalized marijuana, people such as myself begin to source legal alternatives.

I don't do it everyday and when I don't use it I feel fine. But for moderate to severe pain both skeletal and muscle this is my go-to. And it works hands down every time the same effect. 30-75mg is all that is needed for pain relief.

It's so cheap to buy in bulk so that they could criminalize it tomorrow and I still have a 14-year supply on standby.

I much prefer Delta 8 effect to Delta 9 products. It's much more calm and it seems to be the same effect every time.

I talked to other former addicts they can't believe that they were addicted to fill in the blank when they could have just been using Delta 8. If you like Downers it's kind of the best of both worlds. You wake up fresh the next day slight hangover for about 20 minutes after heavy use.
It could be habit forming in the wrong hands but it's so subtle it's a bit less addictive than regular weed to put that in perspective.

It's less psychosomatic and more physical relief. You still get high you just don't get as paranoid. I used it everyday for 90 days and took a week off I had slight irritability for one day.

Again I've never vaped it I don't waste my time with smoking anymore. Main thing for me is pain relief and consistency. So that's why the tincture is the best for me personally.

I'm on a tolerance break this week and it's not like I'm craving to take it like I would be with marijuana. After work tonight if I'm achy I might dose and I might not. My tolerance also has remained basically the same for a couple of years which is something that would be impossible with Delta 9 edibles. I don't know the chemistry or the science behind that but I'll take it.

Although it might be because I'm not taking said substance to ascertain a high but the high is one of the side effects. It will still make you feel high for sure but it will definitely give you pain relief.

Have a bad back and a bad stomach and if I wanted to I could easily go get opiates. This is a so much better and safer alternative for me it's a no-brainer.
It's just odd that the unintended side effects of Texas not having a medical marijuana program that works at all was the catalysts to propel hemp products into the forefront of pain relief.

You look at other states out west or up north they've banned Delta 8 because it was a direct confrontation with their legal states marijuana programs. Places like Washington State have completely banned Delta 8 because the state was losing tax revenue. Right now Delta 8 is the quaalude of the hemp industry.

It was just banned here on the 20th. A hemp dispensary near me is taking it off the shelves in four weeks. From what I hear the tincture form doesn't work for many people. Vaping it gets you stoned.
Disagree, The tincture form if you have a reparable source gets you 15 times more stoned than any vape I've ever had. So much so that you have to be extremely careful on your dosage. When I first tried a new product it was advertised at 10,000 mg per vile. I thought that was just marketing ploy so I took about 120 mg worth I couldn't even speak I was so high. However it does take about an hour as any edible does to kick in. But once it kicks in you go up and you stay up for about 6 to 8 hours. It's not for everyone many regular pot smokers swear it's too intense too long-lasting. And I can see if you weren't ready for it or you had no tolerance you'd have a bad time just like edibles of marijuana.

If I could meet each and every one of you and do a double blind study I would. There's pot smokers here that are friends of mine that can't believe how strong the stuff is. Six drops and they're either passed out on the floor or they're white knuckling at the countertop for about 4 hours.

I think the main point to any of this is it's a completely unregulated industry at the moment so depending on who your vendor is the quality and effect may vary wildly. I can't source on this website it's against the rules. So just do your own research. And study the stuff man there's completely safe gray area online vendors that have real business licenses that pay their taxes. readily available just about anywhere you are but I can't tell you who they are without breaking blue lights protocols.

I’ve seen those before and I’ve been intrigued by them tbh, haven’t ponied up the 60 dollars or so that they charge for them in the store though