• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Delta 8 THC Megathread

I hope you'll make a post about it. There aren't many people talking about D10. It's hard to find trip reports on it
I’m gonna shower and head to bed here soon. I’ll give an update tomorrow morning, to reflect on it sober. Probably will not have the funds to send it to drugsdata for real testing.

I’ll ask my friend to set a few more of the edibles aside for me to try again, we’ll just need some faith in the packaging :)

Outside of a small town in Pennsylvania. What makes it hard is that I literally don't know anyone here. Not even as an acquaintance. I moved here right before the pandemic, couldn't find a job and then got put on lockdown. Now I'm looking for work again and not having much luck. So I'm in the middle of nowhere, next to a tiny town that you can walk from one end to the other and I have no contacts, friends or acquaintances. I don't know how much chance I have of finding anything but D8

Check your PMs.

Alright sorry for the late update… had to go in to work unexpectedly the last couple days

here is my attempt at elucidating the Delta10-THC experience.

In common with D9, the D10 can bring on an off putting aura of social paranoia. The internal chatter was significantly ramped up. Perhaps meditation would have been insightful or even “psychedelic” in this state but I was with people so I didn’t.

I had tactile hallucinations, in the loose sense. There were constantly shifting tingling spots around my body. I was certainly couchlocked.

My motor skills seemed, to me, unaffected.

I had the munchies for sure.

I think the experience is not as distinctly different between D10 and D9 as it is between D9 and D8. The most glaring (and imo appealing) feature of the D8 experience was the lack of social anxiety. D10 lacks any elephant in the room quirks like this. But, qualitatively I still felt it was different than D9. Who knows whether this is genuine or simply the result of my expectations…

If I can get my hands on a pack of these same gummies I will try to scrape up the cash to send one to drugsdata.org, given the lack of any confirmed D10 trip reports

Interesting 🧐 I didn’t get high, but just chill from my anxiety. Go figure

mozart_meme_-_for_blog_480x480.png

was it pure D10 or was it a D8/D10 blend?
Delta 10 made me think I was gonna have a heart attack or something bad awful body paranoia so unpleasant the high sucked for me handed a nurse my vape haha I used twice never again had a huge love affair with Delta 8 for like a year before the magic evaporated for me now just prefer Delta 9 was fun until it was just a habit to maintain

I suspect that's what's in binoids THC O

Sketchy brand
I don't understand anything about THC O production but I do understand a little bit about delta 8 production.

Olivetol is most likely tainting every single batch of delta 8 on the market as we speak. The reason why it's been so difficult to test for up until now is explained in the article. I have access if you need to pass the paywall.

I don't understand anything about THC O production but I do understand a little bit about delta 8 production.

Olivetol is most likely tainting every single batch of delta 8 on the market as we speak. The reason why it's been so difficult to test for up until now is explained in the article. I have access if you need to pass the paywall.
Welp. I been smoking this shit daily for 2 years. Hope I'm not fucked.

Ive already known about impurities, but mainly in THCO. However, I'm not prepared to speculate that all d8 products are tainted.

I only buy from trusted brands like 3chi, who are quite professional and post all their lab results online. I have bought cheaper d8 products that were filthy, made my lungs hurt, shitty etc. Those probably have all sorts of shit.

Does the article mention the brand? Until then I'm not that worried.

I have experienced zero lung issues and still run a 5-10k every other day with no problems... Knock on wood...

Welp. I been smoking this shit daily for 2 years. Hope I'm not fucked.

Ive already known about impurities, but mainly in THCO. However, I'm not prepared to speculate that all d8 products are tainted.

I only buy from trusted brands like 3chi, who are quite professional and post all their lab results online. I have bought cheaper d8 products that were filthy, made my lungs hurt, shitty etc. Those probably have all sorts of shit.

Does the article mention the brand? Until then I'm not that worried.

I have experienced zero lung issues and still run a 5-10k every other day with no problems... Knock on wood...
3Chi doesn't currently test for anything related to the most up to date way of testing for olivetol. No one does. It's an unregulated industry.

It will get regulated and testing for olivetol doesn't look cheap. I'm not throwing out my stash or anything but it's probably tainted. Just saying.

3Chi doesn't currently test for anything related to the most up to date way of testing for olivetol. No one does. It's an unregulated industry.
Doesn't ms/gs testing technically show everything present in the sample? Olivetol doesn't show up?

I know there were unknowns present, but nowhere near 6%

Just curious have you tried 3chi d8?

Doesn't ms/gs testing technically show everything present in the sample? Olivetol doesn't show up?

I know there were unknowns present, but nowhere near 6%

Just curious have you tried 3chi d8?
3chi has one outdated sample they show from may of this year. They shop for that 99% and didn't update it because it's too expensive. Totally unregulated.

Yes, great product. Also, probably olivetol.

Also, probably olivetol.
Idk. Not saying your wrong, but until these people test more samples I'm not gonna worry. A lot of these smaller brands probably made in somebody's toilet.

But I do agree that some brands are very very sketchy and have bad shit in them.

Last edited:
Idk. Not saying your wrong, but until these people test more samples I'm not gonna worry. A lot of these smaller brands probably made in somebody's toilet.

But I do agree that some brands are very very sketchy and have bad shit in them.
That's cool man. Use your own judgement.

As for me, my goal is to eventually stop dabbing and stick to tincture/edible only and I'm almost there.

I know I'm late here but wouldn't olivetol only be present in synthetic THC? I read that it is a precursor in the synthesis of THC.

Why would THC synthesized from CBD contain olivetol at all?

I'm not a chemist but if it's a precursor wouldn't you need to make sure you don't have it in the final product?

I'm not a chemist but if it's a precursor wouldn't you need to make sure you don't have it in the final product?
Ideally yes, but many chemical reactions do not run to 100% completion.

The percentage that does complete is the yield and everything else is unreacted precursors or synthesis byproducts.

"The cannabis plant internally produces the related substance olivetolic acid (OLA), which may be involved in the biosynthesis of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).[4][5]"

curious if this is what they are detecting? since I believe all this d8 is ultimately created from hemp extractions (and then thusly modified again sometimes)?
Another natural substance, terpenes (cannabis derived or not), I suspect to be more toxic than olivetol. Terpenes themselves have already been shown to be toxic at certain temperatures so I suspect the same with olivetol.

Terpenes I believe can be healthy and beneficial but the window of use is very small and breaks way to carcinogens when heated to higher temperatures. This in itself is reason enough for my desire to stop dabbing and make a move to tincture only. The olivetol semi-scare is just another small push in a similar direction for me.