• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

deficiT's bible study

Im not a Christian (in fact was an atheist for over 2 decades. Im not anymore though) nor do I have a favorite Bible verse but even as a heathen, I always said there is wisdom in scripture.

Attributed to christ biblically (among other takes on the christ phenom I see this as human becoming more human - ?nirvana, one but separate, whole, god?).
Edit: fuckin mobile sucks damn thing posted before i finished)

Sermon on the mount excerpt:

'Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

~55 years and all the worrying I do is for naught... life has taught me this through hindsight but trying to apply this concept irl today is a exercise in futility, imo/e.

Love this thred, def. And love you all always. <3

Last edited:
Im not a Christian (in fact was an atheist for over 2 decades. Im not anymore though) nor do I have a favorite Bible verse but even as a heathen, I always said there is wisdom in scripture.
There is, if not read literally.

Moral wisdom says that genocidal gods are a holes and evil.

Christian moral wisdom says to honor genocidal gods and there homophobic and misogynous teachings.

Who has read the bible the right way?

Regards
DL

Wizzard, please calm down.

I get what you are saying but don't allow others to goad you into attacking them. It's actually what they want.

Appears anything "uplifting" is not in high demand lately. lol In ref to the thread. Too bad there is no more contribution it seemed like a clean enough pool of water to take a sip from once in a while.

“Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

MFs loved to judge and dole out punishment through violence... still do, iirc.
Wonder if anyone actually picked up a rock and chucked it at "her"?

Where da hell is Lazarus? Cant die if ya already been brought back, right? Well, he still around somewhere. idk....

Hebrews 10:32-39

32 Think back on those early days when you first learned about Christ. Remember how you remained faithful even though it meant terrible suffering. 33 Sometimes you were exposed to public ridicule and were beaten, and sometimes you helped others who were suffering the same things. 34 You suffered along with those who were thrown into jail, and when all you owned was taken from you, you accepted it with joy. You knew there were better things waiting for you that will last forever.

35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

37 “For in just a little while,
the Coming One will come and not delay.
38 And my righteous ones will live by faith.
But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away.”
39 But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved.

But hey at least women get a chance to redeem themselves. I mean after all, they got the human race kicked out of paradise 😒

And we've been well and truly punished enough for that! Let it go. :p

Besides. The whole thing was clearly a setup. Pure entrapment! :D

Further more. All eve did was listen to the serpent. It was only the 2nd man to exist to already go and kill someone over nothing. Glass houses man. :D

I like the positivity on this @deficiT. When I have a moment do you think that setting up a "Holy Text Study" thread would be interesting? Qur'an, Torah, Bible, various books from Buddhism, and on... With the Judeo-Christian religions it might be interesting simply as a comparative study.

I Will Lift My Hands Unto The Hills From Whence My Salvation Comes.

Exodus 20:1 God spoke all these words, to respond: 2 "I am the Lord your God, Who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 You shall not have the gods of others in My presence. 4 You shall not make for yourself a graven image or any likeness which is in the heavens above, which is on the earth below, or which is in the water beneath the earth. 5 You shall neither prostrate yourself before them nor worship them, for I, the Lord, your God, am a zealous God, Who visits the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons, upon the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, 6 and I perform loving kindness to thousands [of generations] to those who love Me and to those who keep My commandments"

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
King James Version

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Deuteronomy 23:2 [A man] with injured testicles or whose member is cut, may not enter the assembly of the Lord

God Is Righteous And Just. If We Confess Our Sins, He Will Forgive Our Sins. Jesus Wept. All Have Fallen Short Of The Glory Of God. Your Body Is Fearfully And Wonderfully Made. Let Us Make Man In Our Image. God's Love & Mercy Is Neverending; It Endureth Forever. And Ever, Amen.

i've recently begun cracking through the gospel, i wrote off Christianity at a young age but i'm trying to explore it again now

i'm curious on people's thoughts on Matthew 4

"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil....

...Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him."

I skipped the parts of jesus turning down the devil's temptations, if you were wondering. my question is - why did the holy spirit lead him to the desert? As an exercsie in faith? The last line seems to imply that staving off temptations will lead to salvation, is this the proper interpretation?

i've recently begun cracking through the gospel, i wrote off Christianity at a young age but i'm trying to explore it again now

i'm curious on people's thoughts on Matthew 4

"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil....

...Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him."

I skipped the parts of jesus turning down the devil's temptations, if you were wondering. my question is - why did the holy spirit lead him to the desert? As an exercsie in faith? The last line seems to imply that staving off temptations will lead to salvation, is this the proper interpretation?
I think it's basically just supposed to demonstrate that Jesus was able to resist the devil's temptation for 40 days. I think it is both a test and practice for what he's going to have to do.