• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

deficiT's bible study

^ the book of Revelation is very cryptic but fun

It certainly is that. Unless you read it as the deniable fuck you to the Roman's that it probably is, it kinda reads like it was written on drugs.

The 144,000 saved is probably one of the particularly problematic verses. Like so much of Revelation it can be interpreted in different ways.

Have I mentioned lately I'm not a big fan of calvanism? And especially the concept of the elect. Unconditional election, limited atonement and all that.

Last edited:
John 4:12-14 kjv

Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

New international version...

Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the wellh and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.i Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

I discussed this one once with a man who came to me when I was on the street begging. He asked me if I knew the scripture and I said somewhat.

He asked if I knew (in regards to being a beggar asking for help) if I knew the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman and the well.

I quoted John 4:14 to him from memory and man, his eyes lit up. :D
"you DO know the scripture!" is what I recall him replying with.

Like most beggars I would try to avoid getting too into discussions with missionary types since fewer people give money when you're already talking to someone. But I did enjoy quite a few discussions missionary types from various denominations who'd come and talk to me. Particularly the Christians since I could somewhat speak their language.

One from Revelations I like:

Revelations 3:15-16 : I know your deeds, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish you were either one or the other! / So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you from my mouth!

Kinda ties into that "the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference" type of idea I think

Have I mentioned lately I'm not a big fan of calvanism? And especially the concept of the elect. Unconditional election, limited atonement and all that.

Yeah I agree. In the history of Christianity I much prefer the more egalitarian-minded, mystical, rebellious and/or iconoclastic figures, like Jan Hus, John Ball, Thomas Muntzer etc..people like that were closer to the example of Jesus in everything up-to-and-including their often gruesome martyrdoms imo. It's interesting how all the tensions and struggles during those days were all filtered through the prism of Christianity

Job 3​

At last Job spoke, and he cursed the day of his birth. 2 He said:​

3 “Let the day of my birth be erased,
and the night I was conceived.
4 Let that day be turned to darkness.
Let it be lost even to God on high,
and let no light shine on it.
5 Let the darkness and utter gloom claim that day for its own.
Let a black cloud overshadow it,
and let the darkness terrify it.
6 Let that night be blotted off the calendar,
never again to be counted among the days of the year,
never again to appear among the months.
7 Let that night be childless.
Let it have no joy.
8 Let those who are experts at cursing—
whose cursing could rouse Leviathan—
curse that day.
9 Let its morning stars remain dark.
Let it hope for light, but in vain;
may it never see the morning light.
10 Curse that day for failing to shut my mother’s womb,
for letting me be born to see all this trouble.
11 “Why wasn’t I born dead?
Why didn’t I die as I came from the womb?
12 Why was I laid on my mother’s lap?
Why did she nurse me at her breasts?
13 Had I died at birth, I would now be at peace.
I would be asleep and at rest.
14 I would rest with the world’s kings and prime ministers,
whose great buildings now lie in ruins.
15 I would rest with princes, rich in gold,
whose palaces were filled with silver.
16 Why wasn’t I buried like a stillborn child,
like a baby who never lives to see the light?
17 For in death the wicked cause no trouble,
and the weary are at rest.
18 Even captives are at ease in death,
with no guards to curse them.
19 Rich and poor are both there,
and the slave is free from his master.
20 “Oh, why give light to those in misery,
and life to those who are bitter?
21 They long for death, and it won’t come.
They search for death more eagerly than for hidden treasure.
22 They’re filled with joy when they finally die,
and rejoice when they find the grave.
23 Why is life given to those with no future,
those God has surrounded with difficulties?
24 I cannot eat for sighing;
my groans pour out like water.
25 What I always feared has happened to me.
What I dreaded has come true.
26 I have no peace, no quietness.
I have no rest; only trouble comes.”

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to reap;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiasties 1:2

"Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

On a side note i am a bit of a biblical scholar. Not because i ever believed any of the fairy tale for a moment, but more so out of an appreciation of the poetry and philosophy. Moreso the old testament. The writing is far prettier.
We have indeed been led, induced, conjured, moulded and cultured into a meaningless society and way of living. Trivial, meaningless, lacklustre pursuits, entertainment, goals, values, senses of achievement.

I had a big difficulty in early 2012 suddenly seeing no meaning in society.

But it’s not at all purposeless. Although it could be so much more meaningful, IMO.

I try to be meaningful myself. I love words. Words have meaning. So meaning is there, it’s just a case of using the tools correctly and purposefully, but then cause comes into it.

Meaningfulness and cause must be intrinsically linked as we regard them.

“Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:14)

Jesus warned that if you are therefore believing a lie (false reality) to be true… how deceived (dark) one really is. He therefore warns us to be careful that what we are perceiving is indeed the Truth and not twisting reality to our own sinful and selfish needs."

Exccellent thead. I am surprised I did not see it sooner. I had been pondering turning my back on people that do not deserve my attention. These people try and guilt trip but Jesus himself ran away from pathetic people whining that he should heal them when they themselves had zero Faith.. And what I get out of that is if someone guilt trips others into loving them then the other person should take their attention off of the guilt trippers to put the love back to self. Ther Higher Self not the lower ego self. But yeah we have to love ourselves and discern who to give our energy too. Only someone that loves themselves (Higher Self) can love others. People get caught up on the Higher and Lower self. One is Spirit the other is simply ego.

Matthew 14:23 After dismissing the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. Well into the night, he was there alone

If someone is going to drag you down better to run away. Oh how many times have I let people drag me down!

Last edited:
I feel bad for refusing to believe in these verses when i was younger and didn't realize the really deep meaning behind them now.

I might start reading the bible more now. so many good things in it.

I use to believe in a false reality and it was evident in my trips till i got cleansed by the glory of god but via darkness and hellfire to be reborn to receive the blessings and bliss of gods love. In that i now realize my worst horror trips were the greatest events of my life and im thankful for gods mercy to cleanse me and open my eyes to the acutal truth instead of believing satans lie any further. Satan tries to blind us from the truth of god but even satan knows Gods glory and truth. To that extent those who rebel against existence and try delude people from the truth of external reality are no better than satan himself. But all beings wil profess the lords name on judgement day and beg for mercy.

It is obvious now that i can see external reality clearly that jesus was the full embodiment of gods light and love. And with that i believe jesus was the final prophet and his teachings the only true word of god in the world.

I now see these hindu saints while filled with alot of light and love and good teachings were not as enlightened as jesus and instead spiritual slothes taking oaths of silence and sitting on their lazy ass all day doing nothing for the world. While jesus travelled around helping people these people sat there and leeched on everybody.

I love jesus and i love god.

This summed me up

hen asked by his disciples why he speaks in parables to the people, Jesus replies that the chosen disciples have been given to "know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven", unlike the rest of their people, "For the one who has will be given more and he will have in abundance. But the one who does not have will be deprived even more", going on to say that the majority of their generation have grown "dull hearts" and thus are unable to understand.

My heart was so hardened from the pain of childhood that i could not see the light of jesus and the love of god and instead i fell into utter darkness. Till the grace of god via 3 tabs of LSD opened my eyes to the light.

From any given point it does not matter what a person did only what a person does going forward. Yeah I can find wisdom anywhere. Even Cab Calloway in the Blues brothers telling Jake "you be wise you get to church!" lol

Yeah people twist stuff to suit them but everyone has that truth in them. Everyone follows the love in them though whether they realize it or not. And ignorance can run deep. I sort of live my life on a death bed everyday. Examining all my actions and looking back to see what could have been done better. Even just realizing it is growth. Funny how in the mind you can relive a siuation and have a do over in your head. That is where Time serves us.

Then in the end of life Matthew 3:12 Separating the wheat from the chaff Yeah baby many mansions for all different kinds of people. I prefer the higher vibes. Leave the world to the wordly. Keep me free from Birth. Not doing this again. lol

Luke 15:3-7:

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Good call deficit. There is alot of negativity surrounding Christianity and I like the idea of having a positive space for it. Also as you said plenty of Bible verses that are uplifting or proverbs that would have bearing on life.

As many of you know, I am a wizard and come from a long line of wizards. I didn’t become one, I was born one. I earned my title as The Wizard of the Creek a while back and was granted that responsibility. I grew up Irish Catholic and attended parochial school for most of my early education and a few years at Catholic high school. I dug the rituals and rites that were ancient and stolen from my Celtic ancestors. Catholicism basically erased The Old Religion:

The Old Religion is a form of extremely powerful magic notably followed by the Druids. The Old Religion is the magic of the Earth itself. It is the essence which binds all things together. It will last long beyond the time of men.

Catholics did incorporate many rituals and rites that were practiced by the ancient Druids that are still practiced today at Mass.

Jesus is one of the greatest wizard the world has ever known, if you believe in Christ.

I like his magic a lot. This is one of my favorite gospel verses:

John 14:12

New International Version

“Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father”

All the magic Christ can do, you can do and more. That’s what that means.

🧙‍♂️
Yes, and have you noted that no Christian has ever stepped up to show he has faith or belief.

Given that Jesus is to return with Armageddon and yet another genocide against humanity, I would like some magic to make such a vile god disappear, or at least end in hell with his friends.

You are right that Christianity tried to incorporate or consolidate many religions into it's dogma.

That would include all the serpent worshiping religions and cults like Druidism.

Have you noted all the serpent iconography it uses?

Regards
DL

Luke 15:3-7:

What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
That is why Christians sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

The 99 % are the Christians on the wide road to hell.

Sinners who know why they sin are on the road to heaven.

Regards
DL

Habakkuk (Chavakuk) 1:13 [You are] of eyes too pure to behold evil, and You cannot gaze upon iniquity. Why should You gaze upon traitors, be silent when a wicked man swallows up one more righteous than he? 14 And You have made man like the fish of the sea, like the creeping things of the earth over which there is no ruler. 15 He takes all of them up with the fishhook, he catches them in his trawl. Therefore he rejoices and is glad. 16 Therefore he sacrifices to his net, and he burns incense to his trawl, for through them his portion is fat and his food is a fatling. 17 Is it because of this that he empties his net and continually [does] not spare to slay nations?

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Acts 14:22
strengthening the souls of the disciples and encouraging them to continue in the faith. "We must endure many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.

Revelation 3:21
To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

26 As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. 27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30 Then

“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
and to the hills, “Cover us!”’

31 For if people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?”

32 Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. 33 When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. 34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”[c] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”

36 The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37 and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”

38 There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[d]”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

I fucking love jesus man even in death he was strong in faith and the lord