• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Day 5 off of suboxone and to be honest it is not as bad as everyone says (SUBJECTIVE)

I got the .5's. makes it easy to drop super low. I was only up to 1.5 mg a day at my peak.

Wohhh! !!! That was a horrible experiment. I drop to 1mg off 7mg daily dose today. Felt like outter body experience. I just caved in and filled up to 4mg now feeling better. At least I dropped 3mg right? You have to understand I'm a NYorker need this done yestrday lol. Rush everything but this one not something to mess with. I been on and off everything and this today one of the weirdest. I was somebody else all day and almost blacked out about 6 times. New strategy go down to 4mg then 3.2.1 and I look into those small dose klons. My "doctor" only giving 2mg and no end in sight. Breaking those down not too easy but I work it out.

I'm in upstate ny. We got time to relax and go slow. I'd stick at four mg for a bit if I were you. I know it sucks, but a slow taper is safest for benzos.

Cool I have fam upstate, love it in the catskills. Ya I agree stick to 4 until thats stabilized then 321. Cant wait to be on 1mg, that used to put me out. I was on . 5 xans for 6-8 years. Only recently switch to klons and these 2mg shot my dose way up.

^
You really want to do your benzo taper slowly or you could risk all sorts of nasty side effects from seizures to death.

Ya I found that out real quick today after almost blackingout/seizing multiple times. Thats never happened to me on any drug. My mental status is questionable right so making risky life threatning moves like a idiot. That 1mg not happening so I went to 5mg. Still 2mg off, hey its something. Next week I b on 4-3mg then keep it moving down. I go pretty aggressive with these situations because time a big factor. Its always about time in nyc. Two weeks go by like that blam. You guys helping me alot and I really appreciate it. Should be seeing dr.s and shrink but no time or insurance. Just got booted off when they found out how I was injured. You dont want to catch a bullet in brooklyn let me tell you.

Wasn't this thread about Buprenorphine?^^
~
So I am on day 12 and only feel some craving and lethargy. Have 2mg Lorazepam for a day when the PAWS hit harder than usual.
After that: No Benzos anymore but maybe a little Gabapentin to kill craving and anxiety and help with sleep.

Take care guys.

I only on day 4 off subs but feeling better already. Getting appetite back, and finally slept for 6 whole hours, a miracle. Didnt even have to knock myself out with benzos. Now lowering the benzo intake and I should be good in week or so. Excesercise people, the best meds for wds I found. Sweat the crap out and let your brain pump natural chemicals. Its not easy but if I can do it should be no problem for you. Sometimes it takes a minute to understand the cycle of bad behavior surrounding subs or methadone. Just let your body heal it takes time.

I am happy to hear it's going so well for you!! I really believe if you are ready to quit the process is not that bad. The better you set yourself up for success the more of a chance you will have to succeed. I myself was just so sick of subs, so in my case I was going to stay off them no matter how bad it was and it turns out it was not that bad for me. Keep up the good work! :D

Wasn't this thread about Buprenorphine?^^
~
So I am on day 12 and only feel some craving and lethargy. Have 2mg Lorazepam for a day when the PAWS hit harder than usual.
After that: No Benzos anymore but maybe a little Gabapentin to kill craving and anxiety and help with sleep.

Take care guys.

Lol yeah I was getting confused if he was talking about subs or benzos. It's ok though :)
Day 12!!!! YAY! Good for you! Are all of your physical WD's gone? how is your sleeping pattern, back to normal?
I had a question earlier and never got a response to it about a symptom I was having and was wondering if anyone else was having it; During WD's I was having the urge to pee all the time. It was really weird. I was drinking more water but I would literally go to the bathroom and then 5 minutes later go again and almost nothing would come out but I still felt like I had to pee. Through the night I would wake up and have to pee like three times and I never use to do this. I don't have any pain with it or anything so I don't think it's an UTI.
I don't know if the WD process was hard on your kidneys or what? So weird, did not know if anyone else noticed this? I only think it has something to do with subs WD because it started exactly at this time.
One more question:
What types of symptoms are you having with PAWS, mainly anxiety?

Ya read my first couple posts if any confusion but I was on subs for 3-4 years combined with benzos. Just stopped or tapered off subs and trying similar method with the benzos. Sorry for any confusion but subs/benzos go hand in hand to mouth for most people I figure its all relative.

Lol yeah I was getting confused if he was talking about subs or benzos. It's ok though :)
Day 12!!!! YAY! Good for you! Are all of your physical WD's gone? how is your sleeping pattern, back to normal?

One more question:
What types of symptoms are you having with PAWS, mainly anxiety?

Yeah, all physical aspects are pretty much gone but sleeping still sucks, but without sweat at least.

Regarding the frequent peeing: I think that is pretty normal since Opioids usually cause urinary retention.

To the last question: I am mainly lethargic and bored. A bad combination. Anxiety rarely but that may occur when I let everything else go.

Freequent urinating could be good sign your staying well hydrated and wash your system faster. Insomnia well thats a whole diff story. Try excersise for at least an hour a day, cardio. Really helps with sleep. When I first stopped subs no chance of sleep. Now improving slowly in about 6 days off but have wild dreams and wake up feeling horrible. More symptoms just take more time to heal. Keep it moving.

Yeah, all physical aspects are pretty much gone but sleeping still sucks, but without sweat at least.

Regarding the frequent peeing: I think that is pretty normal since Opioids usually cause urinary retention.

To the last question: I am mainly lethargic and bored. A bad combination. Anxiety rarely but that may occur when I let everything else go.

Yes I thought about that too that opioids cause urinary retention, I just hope that I have not messed my system up for being on subs so long. Now I watch those commercials about the older lady who has to go pee all the time, and think to myself "gez only 31 years old and I totally get what she has to go through" lol. I have my benefits starting soon with my new job, and will get a "work up" from my doctor soon.

On a funny note, does anyone find it ironic that on bluelight if you spell out the word "Opioids", spell check says you spelled it wrong? lol :?

Oh yeah one more thing, I had a dream last night that I went to the pharmacy and got a friend of mines prescription for her subs. She found out and was really mad at me. Then I stole two of them from her bottle before I gave them back. I kept waking up and going back into the dream. I would go into different dreams, where the whole time I was trying to get home to do the subs I stole, never got home in any of the dreams though.
Such a weird dream, for couple reasons. 1. I would never steal from anyone and 2. I never want to go back to subs.
Maybe in my subconscious I do what to do subs again, have no idea! Since I got off subs, my dreams have been so crazy!! This is the fourth dream I have had about doing drugs again. I always wake up and I am so glad "it was just a dream"

Last edited:
I with you on the wild dreams/terrors sometimes coming off subs. I only at 1 week and having insane dreams, waking up real groggy. At least I getting 5-6 hours sleep. Hear alot of people have difficulty. My symptoms or pawls still come and go in the weirdest ways. Looking forward to being months off sub, but have done it before and relapsed. Hopefully this time is it.

I with you on the wild dreams/terrors sometimes coming off subs. I only at 1 week and having insane dreams, waking up real groggy. At least I getting 5-6 hours sleep. Hear alot of people have difficulty. My symptoms or pawls still come and go in the weirdest ways. Looking forward to being months off sub, but have done it before and relapsed. Hopefully this time is it.

Yeah I hear it on the relapsing, it's hard not to do down that road again. There is always the "honeymoon phase" of detox when you are sure you will never ever go back. Then comes the phase where you can't stop thinking about it, with subs I think it is especially hard because the WD's although not that bad, last for fucking ever!!! I too only hope I can have the strength day by day to stay clean off of them. Take it one day at a time. Many times if I just let the idea pass I get over the cravings for the most part.

I could relapse in a ny minute to be honest. If insurance didn't drop my ass in a ditch I would be sleeping right now. I dont know bro these wds kicking my ass tonight. Felt fine all day soon as its time to sleep I tweakin like that kid on bath salts. Jibby legs and wide awake. This on day 7 after the last 3-4 nights I sleep no problems. They just come and go random action on me. Its soooo hot I can't excercise and that whats holding me back right now. No pain at least physically because too hot to do anything. Mentally I a certified lunney tune patient, wheres the white van when I need them?

I could relapse in a ny minute to be honest. If insurance didn't drop my ass in a ditch I would be sleeping right now. I dont know bro these wds kicking my ass tonight. Felt fine all day soon as its time to sleep I tweakin like that kid on bath salts. Jibby legs and wide awake. This on day 7 after the last 3-4 nights I sleep no problems. They just come and go random action on me. Its soooo hot I can't excercise and that whats holding me back right now. No pain at least physically because too hot to do anything. Mentally I a certified lunney tune patient, wheres the white van when I need them?

Yes the nights can be really bad!! What helped me was getting in a hot bath or shower if you don't have a bath. I also used a heating pad on my legs as well, I have herd that using cold rags can help too. If it's to hot to get out and exercise, you could do something inside. I'm not suggesting Jane Fonda or anything but even some light cleaning or lifting, anything to get your blood pumping. Imodium also seemed to help with the RLS too!! Even if you can go out and exercise and then come back to a nice cold shower, I bet that would feel good too! Day 6 or 7 was where everything started to turn around for me. I know everyone is different but if you have came this far it should start to get better, maybe just a little but deff better every day. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
For me, sub withdrawal is also easier than other opioids. However, the restless legs are worse compared to others. Nothing a little xanax can't help. :)

Thankyou for advice and encouragement. Really need all I can get at the moment. The problem is that I wd from subs plus tapering benzo intake at this point. Find the benzo taper way more dangerous, that why I not excercising, plus its 100+ degrees. Before the heatwave I was working out and feeling better. If I can make thru this week should be ok. Seeing improvements but always nights the worst time.

Thankyou for advice and encouragement. Really need all I can get at the moment. The problem is that I wd from subs plus tapering benzo intake at this point. Find the benzo taper way more dangerous, that why I not excercising, plus its 100+ degrees. Before the heatwave I was working out and feeling better. If I can make thru this week should be ok. Seeing improvements but always nights the worst time.

Doing two tapers is a big task! Just make sure you don't make it so hard on yourself that u have a hard time with both and succeed at none. If u can do both then more power to u for sure!!! If you are finding it really hard u may want to stay constant on benzos for now while u get off tge subs and then try to tackle the benzos when u are done or feeling a little better. Be very very careful with the benzos taper u can go.into seizures
If the taper is to fast, especially because your body is already under a lot of stress due to WD's from subs