• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Day 5 off of suboxone and to be honest it is not as bad as everyone says (SUBJECTIVE)

This is also day 5, going into day 6 of Suboxone withdrawl for me, I was taking 4mg /day for about the last 8 months coming off of a 6 year hydro habit. And I'd have to say I agree. I've had some uncomfortable moments but nothing compared to a traditional opiate withdrawl (hydros, oxys etc.). I've used some Loperamide to help take some of the edge off. And I can't believe not enough people here say this but SMOKING WEED HELPS ALOT!!! Especially with the physical GI effects. If you can get through that, the rest is all mental. No one, not alot of Americans, myself included, have been taught to have a strong will from our parents. It is up to us to find our will ourselves on OUR journey.

This is also day 5, going into day 6 of Suboxone withdrawl for me, I was taking 4mg /day for about the last 8 months coming off of a 6 year hydro habit. And I'd have to say I agree. I've had some uncomfortable moments but nothing compared to a traditional opiate withdrawl (hydros, oxys etc.). I've used some Loperamide to help take some of the edge off. And I can't believe not enough people here say this but SMOKING WEED HELPS ALOT!!! Especially with the physical GI effects. If you can get through that, the rest is all mental. No one, not alot of Americans, myself included, have been taught to have a strong will from our parents. It is up to us to find our will ourselves on OUR journey.

I am glad it's going well for you, especially coming off of 4mg. Yes your right smoking weed can help a lot! I know that the imodium helps with the GI as well. A lot of people don't know this but a lot of our opioid receptors are in our stomach. It's lined with the receptors and that is one of the reasons imodium helps so much and also one of the reasons why when we detox our stomach can be messed up for so long.
I agree it's all very much Mental after the first few days of full WD's. By day 6 I was starting to feel better everyday. I really think that WD's can be very relative to what type of WD's you have been through before. If you have never been through WD's then yes I can see it seeming like hell to go off of SUB's. But if you have been through H WD's or even Oxy and hydros, I feel it's not even close to the feeling of coming off those, just last a little longer. It also depends how well you tolerate pain and what types of physical ailments you have been through in the past.
Just like the choice to come of sub's is up to us, I also believe the the way that we deal with getting off of them is up to us too!! I can say for a fact that now that I have been off of them for almost 2 months that I have definitely found myself again. I was so cold and insensitive while on Subs, it's nice to feel emotion again!

So jealous of all you guys who have tapered off subs!!!!!!! I feel so trapped every single day. its even worse now that i've started iving my sub. hate feeling this helpless to something.

So jealous of all you guys who have tapered off subs!!!!!!! I feel so trapped every single day. its even worse now that i've started iving my sub. hate feeling this helpless to something.

Why can't you do the same? The first step is to stop IV'ing and switch back to the sublingual route.

I've tried and it doesnt seem to do anything for my withdrawal symptoms. so I'll end up sublingually taking 6mgs and iv'ing 2mg's, like last night for instance. I sublingually took 6 mgs at 11pm, then iv'd 2 at 11:30. woke up this morning at 10 feeling ok. but by noon I felt like death and was in full blown withdrawals.

Could my IV'ing possibly have caused my body to rid itself of all ROA's of suboxone faster?

I just sniffed 1mg, which I havent done in a good 6 months, gonna see if it helps

Could my IV'ing possibly have caused my body to rid itself of all ROA's of suboxone faster?

Although I don't IV I'd like to know this aswell. I mean the Naloxone shall prevent this kind of abuse so I can imagine it being (more) active via IV.

Regarding the thread, it is now day 6 for me. Tapered down from 1,2mg to 0,4mg and it was way better than expected. With the help of a few Benzos and Gabapentin. I did not even had any kind of GI issues. The main symptoms were insomnia and night sweat as well as craving and feeling bored/depressed during the day.
Yesterday I only smoked a little bit of weed and took 3 drops of Promethazine before sleeping ~6hours. Still feeling pretty off now but it is getting better every day.

I've tried and it doesnt seem to do anything for my withdrawal symptoms. so I'll end up sublingually taking 6mgs and iv'ing 2mg's, like last night for instance. I sublingually took 6 mgs at 11pm, then iv'd 2 at 11:30. woke up this morning at 10 feeling ok. but by noon I felt like death and was in full blown withdrawals.

I just sniffed 1mg, which I havent done in a good 6 months, gonna see if it helps

This post really surprises me. I am wondering if you are not holding it under your tongue long enough or something. Usually it should last a full day and even longer in most cases. I do think, and please someone correct me if I am wrong, that when you IV, although you are getting 100 percent availability of the drug and it does "hit" you faster it also leaves your body faster.

I definitely agree with the poster above, that if you want to quit or begin to taper, which it sounds like you do, the first step is switching back to using it the way it is attended to be used.

Sub's are such a weird drug! Most things when you IV, seems to make a big difference in the way you feel, Sub's don't really do this. I feel that the payoff for IVing them is not worth the risk you take every time you do it.

Can you tell me a little about how long you have been on Subs with dosage history? I just find it really interesting that you go into WD's so soon after dosing.

Although I don't IV I'd like to know this aswell. I mean the Naloxone shall prevent this kind of abuse so I can imagine it being (more) active via IV.

Regarding the thread, it is now day 6 for me. Tapered down from 1,2mg to 0,4mg and it was way better than expected. With the help of a few Benzos and Gabapentin. I did not even had any kind of GI issues. The main symptoms were insomnia and night sweat as well as craving and feeling bored/depressed during the day.
Yesterday I only smoked a little bit of weed and took 3 drops of Promethazine before sleeping ~6hours. Still feeling pretty off now but it is getting better every day.

Yes! After day 6 it gets so much better!! with that small of a taper I am sure you will even recover much faster. Yes I find the hardest part is getting the motivation to get up and do stuff in the beginning. Exercise helps so much! this is going to sound crazy, but I could be in full blown WD, with all the symptoms but while exercising I would feel 100 normal. It's amazing what getting your blood moving can do for your body.

So proud of you for taking the leap, I hope you can remain strong and continue to stay off subs/opioid if this is what you want for yourself. Know that you are over the hump and if you don't think the last 6 days were that bad, then the rest should be a cake walk for you.

Actually I decided to go back on subs. I found a doctor that also offers psychiatric help. Fortunately I found a job that offers insurance. The depression and anxiety got to me so bad. I decided to get more help and work on my...problems a little more first.

So proud of you for taking the leap, I hope you can remain strong and continue to stay off subs/opioid if this is what you want for yourself. Know that you are over the hump and if you don't think the last 6 days were that bad, then the rest should be a cake walk for you.

Thanks for the kind words diva :) It is my second time jumping off and I don't plan to go through it again even if it was manageable.
And I completely agree on the physical exercise part. Even if it is hard to get yourself motivated the natural endorphins really work best (sports/sex/whatever).
I went for a bike ride yesterday through nature and it was great to feel and appreciate the little things again.
Also: Exponation to sun can be very helpful.

Best regards.

This post really surprises me. I am wondering if you are not holding it under your tongue long enough or something. Usually it should last a full day and even longer in most cases. I do think, and please someone correct me if I am wrong, that when you IV, although you are getting 100 percent availability of the drug and it does "hit" you faster it also leaves your body faster.

I definitely agree with the poster above, that if you want to quit or begin to taper, which it sounds like you do, the first step is switching back to using it the way it is attended to be used.

Sub's are such a weird drug! Most things when you IV, seems to make a big difference in the way you feel, Sub's don't really do this. I feel that the payoff for IVing them is not worth the risk you take every time you do it.

Can you tell me a little about how long you have been on Subs with dosage history? I just find it really interesting that you go into WD's so soon after dosing.

I was in a suboxone clinic from jan '12 until october '12. They started me out at 16mgs a day, and bumped me up to 20 after failing a few UA's for heroin. They said it would help with the cravings. I was getting the orange stop signs and snorting them at first, but was then switched to the strips so I started taking them sublingually. While they didnt work as well as snorting, as the bioavailability is lower when taken under the tongue, so that was normal. Then I got kicked out of the clinic after testing positive for marijuana for close to a month straight. this is where the issues arise.. They gave me a months worth of suboxone to taper from 20mg to 2mg, then jump off, and gave me clonidine and bentyl for comfort meds. After numerous failed attempts, I couldnt make the jump, so I continued to buy off the street.

Skip to february, when I lost my job. Having NO income whatsoever, I would sometimes need to make 1 8mg strip last me a full week, and a 'friend' introduced me to IV. I started out doing .5 mg and over the next few months that quickly escalated to 2mg iv. between that and sometimes not being able to get suboxone sometimes for weeks at a time, so about once a month or so when I couldnt find any, I'd switch to IV heroin for a week or so, then back to suboxone. after reading a bunch of threads on here, and hearing that switching back and forth between real opiates and suboxone, can make the suboxone work less each time you do it, im wondering if perhaps that could be adding to this issue also. I'm sorry if this was all over the place, I only have a speck of suboxone dust left today and I feel like crap and Im trying to decide how to dose it the best possible way to get the most out of it.

Actually I decided to go back on subs. I found a doctor that also offers psychiatric help. Fortunately I found a job that offers insurance. The depression and anxiety got to me so bad. I decided to get more help and work on my...problems a little more first.

That's ok manboychef. It's important to know your limitations! I hope that you can get the help you want from your doctor, insurance can help a great deal. You can work on a proper taper with your doctor and do things at your own pace. good luck to you, I hope you find what works for you.

Skip to february, when I lost my job. Having NO income whatsoever, I would sometimes need to make 1 8mg strip last me a full week, and a 'friend' introduced me to IV. I started out doing .5 mg and over the next few months that quickly escalated to 2mg iv. between that and sometimes not being able to get suboxone sometimes for weeks at a time, so about once a month or so when I couldnt find any, I'd switch to IV heroin for a week or so, then back to suboxone. after reading a bunch of threads on here, and hearing that switching back and forth between real opiates and suboxone, can make the suboxone work less each time you do it, im wondering if perhaps that could be adding to this issue also. I'm sorry if this was all over the place, I only have a speck of suboxone dust left today and I feel like crap and Im trying to decide how to dose it the best possible way to get the most out of it.

I did not know that when you switch back and forth between opiates and suboxone that it can make the suboxone work less and less. I will have to look that up. I know exactly what you mean with going from pills to strips. It was very hard for me too!! I hated the strips and even figured out how to snort them. Which to be honest I don't think it was worth it, more of a mental thing, it's not like I was able to use less and get more out of it.

If you are going back and forth it sounds like you may need to be on subs for longer, so that you can totally get away from using opiates. I too did this dance, using subs for three weeks, then opiates for a week. I did this mainly because I could not find subs, as I was never under a doctor due to lack of insurance. I finally got two hook ups so that I did not run out of subs ever, and any time I could find them I would "stock up". This was good and bad, because I would have false assurance that I "had so many subs" that I would end up abusing them more.

Anyways, it's such a fine line when it comes to addiction. I wish the best for you!! As I said before it sounds like some more time on subs may be good for you, but only you can make that decision. If you have no insurance, sometimes there are free outlets that you can look into, at least with the therapy part of the struggle. For me when I found Subs, it was a life saver, in so many ways! I was going through hundreds of dollars a day for my habit and when I got subs and 2 pills for 20 bucks would last me a week, I was able to save my money and get my life back together. I know subs have a bad wrap, but I feel if used the right way, it can help many people along the way. Like any drug, they can be hard to get off of. Mind over matter, i think it just depends how bad you want it.

I only on day 4 off subs but feeling better already. Getting appetite back, and finally slept for 6 whole hours, a miracle. Didnt even have to knock myself out with benzos. Now lowering the benzo intake and I should be good in week or so. Excesercise people, the best meds for wds I found. Sweat the crap out and let your brain pump natural chemicals. Its not easy but if I can do it should be no problem for you. Sometimes it takes a minute to understand the cycle of bad behavior surrounding subs or methadone. Just let your body heal it takes time.

I only on day 4 off subs but feeling better already. Getting appetite back, and finally slept for 6 whole hours, a miracle. Didnt even have to knock myself out with benzos. Now lowering the benzo intake and I should be good in week or so. Excesercise people, the best meds for wds I found. Sweat the crap out and let your brain pump natural chemicals. Its not easy but if I can do it should be no problem for you. Sometimes it takes a minute to understand the cycle of bad behavior surrounding subs or methadone. Just let your body heal it takes time.

Sleeping like that after only 4 days? You lucked out big time. That's awesome.

I just switched back to sublingual after iv'ing my strips. What I did was just take more by mouth each day and stay at pretty much the same dose and if anything cutting it back a bit. It seems to stay in your system a bit longer without slamming them. In my case it wasn't no thing to switch back to taking the strips properly but everyone's body is different.

I know this has been asked and answered but does anyone know how long the strips stay in your system as far as urinalysis tests go? Also would switching back to opiates affect how long the subs would show in the urinalysis?

I know the questions are kinda dumb and I shoulda USTFSE. But I was just asking off the top of your head if anyone knows the answers.

Ya thanks but still wicked headrush all day. Every time I get up I about go flat blackout lol. Tapering klons stopping subs, brains is about to overload. Trying to stay indoors an chill because I def could flip on someone real quick right now. Thats my only real symtom I guess, extreme irritibility. Not sure how to taper these klons I just cutting daily dose in half and hopefully nobody gets hurt lol. Take it one day at a time, in two weeks I should be back to normal, whatever that is.

I did the same. Off subs and down to .125mg kpin a day. Good luck. My habit on both counts was low, so I've had it easy.

.125mg I not sure how to measure that low with klons. I have the 2mg high octane ones so I probably real screwd lol. Trying to cutt dose in half in one day maybe not my best idea but I tough it out or die. Either way cool for me.