• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Day 5 off of suboxone and to be honest it is not as bad as everyone says (SUBJECTIVE)

That crazy how some doctors have way different tactics putting patients at risk. I'm extremely at risk of abusing anything and your right, probably good I was denied subutex. I read it had no naloxone which made me feel weird sometimes. Suboxone deff helped me get off an enormous dose of full agonist oxy. When I was forced to switch to the films I thought they were fake or something. I was down to 2mg on tabs then went up to 6-8mg on the films. The weak effect they had on me made tapering alot easier though. If I was on subutex deff would have same issue, taking 5-6 doses which blows thru your pills and raises daily mg intake. At one point I thought quitting subs was going to be hell like oxy type wds. From experience it only took a week of semi hell, really not too bad. I was down to 0.5 for a week before jumping off. I have alot of drug abuse history so kind of used to feeling like crap coming down and used that first week to cutt my benzo dose in half. I was going to feel bad anyway might as well try kill 2 birds in one horrible week. I went from 8mg per day to 3mg currently in about a week. Now its been almost a month off subs and on the 3mg. I not feeling 100 but way better than expected. The subs are gone from my system. Don't even remember what its like taking them. Really don't mind, somedays I have cravings but thats just how I am. You can make it off, I have no experisnce with subotex but the sub films are seemingly the best to actually stop it all together. Now I just take nsaids for pain and I have chronic pain condition. Could show any doctor my xrays and get whatever. I just choosing not to because I been down the opiate road for too long. If I make it to 60-70 years old I'll be an old junkie lol. For now I keep it relatively clean.

I think I'll be struggling with it for the rest of my life too. I've been dealing with it for many years, I just hope that whatever happens, i never get hooked again. I know I was happy being clean, but always very weak when it came to opiates.

You really cut out a big dose of the Benzo! I'm glad you knocked that much off that fast and stuck with it. It must be a relief to be of Suboxone and near the end of the Benzo's and have that horrible week behind you. I know what you mean about the films. I felt absolutely nothing while on them exept for a daze that I think was from the Naloxone which I wasn't used to. I did start to get used to it, but I didn't like them at all.

After being on Subutex for some time, I actually started to think that i kind of liked the Suboxone tabs better for long term. When I was taking the Suboxone, I was much more active and happy and the buzz lasted much longer. I hated the film, but when I read that the generic tabs were back on the market, I was seriously considering switching back because I was tired of how the Subutex was making me feel. Then I just decided to kick for once and for all. Some people say that the Suboxone dulled their feelings and although that didn't happen on the Subutex, I got lazy and depressed over the last couple of years and I know that's from the Subutex. There are so many things that I used to love to do that I haven't done in ages. It was hard just to pack my bag for the beach that's how bad it's getting so it's not that great. I used to love to work in my yard and all of my gardens and now it feels like a chore and I hate it. I have to force myself to to things that everyone else does on a daily basis and it's getting really old.

My last Dr. was a real sleaze ball. It was very obvious he was only in it for the money. I would be in his office for long enough for him to write a prescription and that's it. His office was always full too. He is making a killing. I figured he's bringing in at least a thousand an hour. I cant count how many times he lied to me, but I never said anything because I didn't want to pay another 400 intake fee for another Dr. so I kept my mouth shut. Pissed me off, I thought I would get moe support from him when coming off, but I should have expected it. Like you said though, I've been here before and got a lot better info from this website than I ever would from him.

I'm having a real problem getting the same dose every time I cut these pills now that I'm under 2mg. The generic tablets just break apart after they get so small and I was reading about how some people actually mix them in water or alcohol and use a syringe or something like that to draw up the liquid once it is dissolved and then you can measure your dose accurately. It's not IV or anything. They are using the syringes you get at the store to measure medicine for small children with no points. I'm thinking I might give it a try. I broke up 9 days worth of meds and I guarantee no two doses match. They look close, but there is so much filler that you never know what you are getting. They also say that alcohol helps your tounge absorb more of the medication so you have an easier time tapering. I figure I can at least try to see if it works for me, but some doctors are even saying that's the way to go at the end. This way maybe I can taper to super low doses relatively easily. Then maybe jump over to the films at the end so I'll get used to what it's like to feel clean before I kick.

Now that it's been a few days, I'm not as scared. I'm starting to look forward to putting this behind me. I know there will be a long healing phase as I have been on these for 6 years, but the longer I stay on, the worse it will be. I just can't imagine staying on them for the rest of my live. I picture a 80 year old woman who no longer has a drivers license trying to get her fix and it's not a pretty picture!

Ya its alot harder with the tablets. When I had the suboxone tabs at one point I started crushing 2mg and insuf. This had big effect but wore off faster. When I switched to thd films I had wds the first couple days. Talked to a bunch of people who sware the films are legit. I telling everyone they not even half as strong. They telling me I crazy and nobody ever said that before. Now your agreeing they are week and a bunch of other people on this site said it also. I think they switch you to films to force taper you off subs. I got soo sick of them not working it was easy for me. Why give soo much money every month for nothing. Its very hard cutting pills even with a real cutter. They just fall appart at small doses. Are you totally cutt off from the dr or just fed up and decided to quit? Either way just try and stretch those last pills as long as possible. You might feel terrible for a week or so but do light workouts. Sweat is out, flush it out and keep up on you vitamins. You deff going to feel better just have to walk thru hell sometimes to feel better in the long run. I would clear your schedule for that first week when you jump off and just take it real easy. Sleep whenever you can, watch some movies and chill. I wish you the best and lets us know how you doing with it.

Sorry I haven't replied to your post. I was visiting my father at the beach for a week and he doesn't have a computer. Being away really helped take my mind off this whole thing. I can also say I am comfortably down to around 1.75 mg or less. It's hard to tell because they are so hard to break up, but when I compare my little daily chunks to 1/4 of a pill, they are just over half the size so I may be lower and just not realize it. I actually got a little buzz today off my dose and that's when I know it's leveling out. This tapering is for the birds though. I know it's the best way, but the anxiety I am already feeling makes me think I should just say the heck with it and kick. I'll try to hang in there another week or so and hope the anxiety gets better.

I can go to a new dr. but I can't go back to my old one for 6 months because missed a month. I decided to kick and have enough meds to do that and have some leftover hopefully in case I decide I hate life clean. I know I just have to get through a couple of months and I'm hoping that the fact that I'm finally free will help greatly with the depression and fatigue that follows. I do know from experience that it doesn't last forever, but it sure feels like it will when you are living it. i was also coming off a pretty big H habit so it may not be as intense.

I went into a state of depression when I switched from Subutex to the Suboxone films. My dr. told me I'd only need half the normal dose because they are better absorbed which is bull!! And the price! There is no way someone without a prescription plan could afford to stay on them for long. I will say this, at least people on the films are feeling the real world and are better prepared to get off them. I did start to feel better after a couple of weeks, but at the time, I had no plans on quitting and wanted back on what made me feel good. I was on the Suboxone Tablets for a while and had zero problems switching back and forth with them.

Ya those films suck. If you want to kick go on films for a month then its real easy. The tabs I was never able to taper or stay off them very long. Thats because they actually work. Can't even put a number on how much I spent on sub tabs. The films I was getting for free thru insurance. They are worthless as far as I concerned unless you want to taper off. If I had to actually pay $300 for my month of sub films, there would have been major problems for my dr. and pharmacist. Paying for sub tabs is worth it if you on a small dose. One month of tabs used to last me 4 months. Films gone every month. 4 times weaker.

So I am posting this for the people like me who read these horror stories about jumping off of Suboxone online. I was so freaked out by everyone's posts that I had it built up in my head that this was going to be horrible. Mostly being that I was going to jump at a dose of 2mg and most people who taper jump at .5, .25 or even .05. I just can't tapper that low I am a all or nothing type of person, which is probably why I had such an addiction in the first place.
Little history:
I started doing oxy just for fun about 4 years ago. At that time forth of a 30 would get me very messed up, ah the good ol' days! As with many people this turned into me chasing that same feeling and needing more and more to find it. Eventually I was doing 5 30's a day and was only feeling normal. I did not know anything about Suboxone and went through a cold turkey detox. This was 5 days of hell!! Like having the worse flu of your life, I'm sure many of you know what I am talking about. But in the end I did get clean.....for 2 weeks. Even after I swear I would never ever ever do that again some how found myself in the same situation not only one month later. I was spending all my extra cash just to feel normal and then a friend told me about Suboxone. I thought this was the answer, and in some ways it was for about 2 years. Because I was not under a doctor, I never took more than a quarter of an 8mg pill at a time. Which I thought was great I could spend the same amount I would for one 30 and it would last 4 times longer. So for two years that is what I did, a quarter a day to take the pain away.
As with any drug, I was getting sick of my life revolving around trying to find them and the worries of running out.
So 5 days ago I decided to jump off and hold on for the ride. As I said above I was very worried about the detox. Of course I got the Imodium, some vitamins, lots of water, aspirin and started a raw diet with added protein to my morning shakes.
I knew day one, two and three I would still have Suboxone in my system, so when I woke up feeling fine I expected this.
Day three I did have some aches and pains in my legs and back as well as feeling hot, then cold, then hot again. but I took some aspirin and most of this whet away. On the night of day three I had trouble sleeping waking up every couple hours and of course of jimmy legs, but nothing like i had experienced with oxy detox, not even close!!!!
Woke up day four and did not have very much motivation, took a nice hot bath and laid out in the sun for an hour because I heard that helps. I went for a short hike because I also heard that exercise is good too! over all I was expecting to feel much worse! On the fourth night I had jimmy legs again and started to have some stomach cramps so I took some Imodium, not 12 pills like they say to do just the amount listed on the bottle to stop the diarrhea, the last thing I want is to get addicted to Imodium!!
Well here it is day 5 and I feel even better then day 4!! I know some people had told me that day 5 can be the worst but for me it's better then the last.
Now let me just say I am a complete baby when I get sick, so it's not like I just have a huge tolerance for pain, because I don't! I just wanted to post this positive note on detoxing off of Suboxone because I know the internet is flooded with bad experiences. To me detoxing off oxy was way worse and makes detoxing off of Suboxone seem like a light cold vs. the most horrible Flu with oxy. I was Curious If anyone had the same experience?
I was also wondering If the people who had such a bad detox off of Suboxone never had a full detox off of oxy, therefor don't know what a real detox experience is all about. Because as I said before I don't think this experience getting off Suboxone is even remotely close to getting off oxy or H.
Please don't comment if you are only going to hate, my only reason for posting this is to give hope to those who are trying to get off Suboxone, so that they know they can do it and it's all in the mind, with some mild wd symptoms. Thanks for your support or questions!

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write that! I know you posted that awhile back but it really has motivated me, all of the other sites are awful and I was so nervous to get off these things! I feel a lot better now

As for myself,I've been on roughly 8 mg of sub every day for the last 3-4 years with no progress in tapering because of the withdrawal. I feel that you are very fortunate for short term withdrawal because by my forth day of going from suboxone to none is BAD for me. No sleep, restress legs, muscle spasms, deep depression , tossing and turning all night until I can go see my Dr. This has happens maybe half a dozen times to me because I can't control my doses as I should.

I had gone thru rehab for oxy use and quit drinking alcohol while at this point. That was the begging of a "seeking" period I stumbled back into.

About that time a former "copilot" of mine suggested Suboxone. Even after buying into AA, wild horses couldn't have dragged me away from the idea................so I went to doc and made my problems sound many times worse than they actually were because I had not done any research into suboxone. (Look before you leap) but most of us aren't wired like that.

Bottom line, I think you should make suboxone a last ditch effort as you have now(obvious now) traded one Monkey for another Softer, lighter, more well behaved monkey, that has a grip that isn't as profoundly worse as The first, yet doesn't want you to go nonetheless.

Let me start by saying I am a professional who kicked cocaine and alcohol 16yrs ago. I would never in a million years ever have imagined this could happen to me. I had a car accident about 4yrs ago and was immediately put on pain meds for lower back pain. Within a month I was quickly shuffled off to a reputable dealer (sorry pain management doctor). I f*****g hate that b***h. Drug Dealer extraordinaire, with a license to kill. I would show up month after month, begging for more, somethings getting it, no treatment and a 'See you next month with a smile and please sign here" and this chick sits on the Board in NY. Look I take full responsibility for where I took it too and I get that some people really need these services, but holy shit they just really make it too easy to abuse. I've been told things like "You'll probably be in a wheelchair by the time your 60", I'm 53. "You will have to take this for the rest of your life", fuck you! I was actually on so much at one point that the ensuing constipation caused more back pain than the accident because I was so blocked up. It actually took digging out the feces to discover that side effect. I was actually almost starting to believe the bullshit but I could barely function at work I was so blasted. Falling asleep in meetings, at my desk, while driving, sitting there talking to execs with white rings around my nose etc etc etc you know the deal. That's when I decided to jump for the first time, no prep. I was on 176mg's of Dilaudid, 3x32mgER and snorting 10x8mgIR's daily. I almost died.

After 4 days or jettisoning fluids (blood, mucas, feces) from every orifice of my body I returned with a vengeance. A OD soon after made me decided enough was enough and I started to taper down. This took 3 yrs. Once I had tapered to extracting the dilaudid from the ER's and taking 16mg x 2 daily (ya it was one hell of a roller coaster) I finally went to another doctor for help. He charged me the criminal $400.00 (with no receipt f*****g drug dealers) and loaded me up with 24mg/day of suboxone in 3x8mg strips. I immediately started weening this down. Another 9 months. Cutting those freaking strips into 16 pieces at the end which was an exercise in patience and band-aides but after two weeks of taking 1x0.5mg a day, I finally jumped again.

I will not sugar coat this, the first 4 days SUCKED! My ass felt like it was gang raped, unfortunately I never thought of Imodium to relive the pain and stem the flow. But there was no way I was going to bail. On day 4 I found your thread. Thank you Thank you Thank you. On day 5 I started exercising per your suggestions and what a difference it makes. Raw foods, though not partial to it, and VITAMINS helped A LOT! I actually went out for dinner last night (day 6) which was a BIG mistake as I've opened the ass-tap again. Oh well this time I am ready for it. And here we are. It's been 7 days now and apart from the insane sneezing and required shares in prepH I am finally starting to feel mentally normal. Sleep still sucks though once I do fall asleep I stay asleep. Food is awesome, taste wise only cause it tears right through me, colors are vivid and the smells, hmmmm the smells!!!!! I guess the biggest thing is I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and know I can make it. My head is clear.

My advice: If you're gonna jump, jump from as low as you can. Strips, while yes diluted, are manageable and awesome. You can taper on them with little to no effects. They let you get real low which makes it so much easier. Don't trust your drug dealer (er doctor). In my experience they are in it for the money. Yes I am cynical, but that is MY experience. Have lots of Imodium and Extra Strength Preparation H on hand.

Thank you for this thread, it came at exactly the right time and has help me continue from day 4 to now. God bless and good luck.

i have about 9mg sub and quite a lot of dihydrocodeine and am getting a g of h on monday or tuesday.

gonna use the dhc to hold me till the smack arrives, then binge on that, use the remaining dhc to taper and get on the sub. i think insufflated 1mg should really help for the first 4 days, then 0.5 for another 4, then 0.25 for the next 4. im hoping this goes well.

ive ct'd off using 2-4mg sub daily for 3 months and i think they truly rival even quite nasty h wd;s.

good luck y'all!

I was on 24mg a day for a year. Then due to circumstances had to go straight cold turkey off of it. I'd say it was pretty damn awful.

DAY16 - I am praying, exercising and taking supplements (5000mg of B12, A multi-vitamin and amino acids) daily. Have ZERO (0) energy, feel like I'm losing my mind. If I do not push myself, I would not go anywhere or do anything. If I push myself I can get things done. I am returning to work tomorrow. Hope this works out. I so badly want off this fucking bupe spin. The diarrhea finally stopped on day11. The cotton in my head is thick and not letting up. Also feels like something has gripped my core and is squeezing it and will not let go. The back and joint pain is constant. I really hope I can stick this out. Its better now that the ass-tap has shut off but still really fucking sucks! Have to remember to breath, breath ... slowly breath. Exercise is a god send. It helps so much. I am doing half the workout I would have normally done, still better than nothing and really makes a difference. Get about 4hrs sleep after a good sweat. Bed at 9-9:30pm every night and up at 1, 2, 3, 4, and finally 6am. Gotta try melatonin(sp), though from what I've read about it (no clear data, unregulated doses, what is on the box may not be what is in the pill etc) it may not be a good idea. Keeping the faith that I can walk the path blazed by others before me. L8r

I've been in bupe w/d many a time over the 2 years I've been taking it ...pharmacy/insurance/doctor issues blah blah blah. it's not even half as bad as heroin w/d, in bupe w/d I can force myself to function and work a long day if I must and although I feel like shit I don't actually feel like I'm fucking dying. on the w/d scale it's low. it just lasts a long time I guess.

DAY22 - Never did use the melatonin, probably a good thing. Energy is slowly coming back but the diarrhea started again on day 19; weird. Anyways still hang'n in there though I did almost lose it on day 18, thank god for lidocaine patches for the lower back. There are other solutions than pain pills. My head is getting clearer though still having troubles concentrating, I work with numbers and data all day. Not the most thrilling stuff. Returning to work wasn't that bad though and it actually felt pretty good to be doing normal things again.