• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

"Dank'est" weed you've ever had?

Mazar I Sharif (from medical source)
Super Lemon Haze (from street)
Green crack (street)

in that order. blue dream is my fave all time tho, it has a very nice high :D

The dankest weed I've ever had is easy to remember, although I wasn't told the exact strain name I know it was Mexican brickweed. It blew my freaking mind! I love it as well because you get LOADS of seeds in it, so you can grow shit loads of it yourself for free by just saving the seeds!!!

dont really believe in name hypes but remember about one standout strain a year...so far this year had some shit about 3 weeks ago....FUUUUUCCCCKKKKK.....
I agree with the name thing, because I've had amazing weed that was 'nameless', just grown really well by old heads who knew what they were doing. However even with that being said, there was some Blue Dream going around where I was living last year and the combination of that strain and how well it was grown was awesome. I have probably had some bud that got me 'higher' in some ways but Blue Dream is my personal favorite strain because it was the perfect high, suited to my taste. Oh and the actual taste is awesome too :). Only thing better is possibly some of that bright light OG Kush....

Last edited:
I agree with the name thing, because I've had amazing weed that was 'nameless', just grown really well by old heads who knew what they were doing. However even with that being said, there was some Blue Dream going around where I was living last year and the combination of that strain and how well it was grown was awesome. I have probably had some bud that got me 'higher' in some ways but Blue Dream is my personal favorite strain because it was the perfect high, suited to my taste. Oh and the actual taste is awesome too :). Only thing better is possibly some of that bright light OG Kush....

I had some of that Blue Dream that was going around where you were living last year and it had nothing on the Mexican brickweed I tried.

A friends ex girlfriend knew some crazy Irish lads in London who normally knocked out other products but gave her some 'Colombian weed' once, she passed it on to me. She'd wrapped it in toilet paper (she wasn't a smoker) which was a problem because it was so sticky. It was very dark green and had small buds wrapped in very dense spiky leaves. It didn't burn well as it hadn't been dried properly and the smoke was harsh. Not a pleasant experience but it was incredibly strong and I've had nothing close since neither seen anything like it in books or online. It remains a mystery.

Im also a big fan of Durban Poison when done correctly.

and Double Tahoe shatter....mmmm

My all time favorites right now are Dawg Walker OG and Super Lemon Haze. Pretttty dank.

Last edited:
The first time I got high off weed (although about the 5th time I had smoked it) was with a friend and some stuff his parents grew. I couldn't stop banging into walls and jumping around, then kaleidoscopic visuals started and the more normal super stoned things started happening like an addition to the group being seen as some hazy semi-true reality and nothing really making sense. I have come close to it, but never before have I experienced such a strong and psychedelic headspace off purely weed. Everyone else who had smoked it experienced a similar thing.

Where I live I don't really get to choose what strain I get. Pretty much pay your money and you get whatever he's picked up. I will never forget when we met this bloke at a festival who had some lemon haze though, holy shit the taste and the feeling I can still remember to this day. We smoked so much and I remember laying in a dark tent spinning my hand around and pretending it was a fare ground ride.

I have a new favorite. Grandaddy OG.

It's, no exaggeration, the perfect hybrid mix of Sativa and Indica strains. It provides a very 'headspacey' high, while also being incredibly stoning. Incredibly euphoric, and the CBD content is a bit higher than the THC content. But I believe that's what makes the strain so good - it's the best mix of the therapeutic cannabinoids - which is what provides the amazing high.

It's dank as fuck. Smells like a diesel strain with a hint of an herbs and spices mix. It's amazing. And as far as weed goes - Headband, while pretty awesome, is no longer my favorite. Grandaddy OG is.

Wow all these strains sound like shit.

CYGNUS X-1

If you've never heard of it then you've never smoked the best. OR produces the best buds, better than CA. Cygnus X-1 is a very rare strain and if you ever run across it you will understand what i am saying.

and to all you CBD lovers, it fuckin makes your weed less strong and more medicinal. Ever had a strain that was high in CBD and was boasting 29% THC but took a few bowls to get high? I could smoke less weed with almost 0% CBD and 29% THC and get way more baked off of it. just recently learned CBD (as beneficial as it is to your health) sort of counteracts the effects of THC. makes perfect sense. i go to the dispensary and find the weed with the highest THC and lowest CBD and it gets me WAAAAAAAAY FUCKING higher than weed that is the same amount of THC but is loaded with CBD. every time i go to the dispensary and get weed that is potent but has alot of CBD, i am left feeling disappointed and very UN-STONED. but i get pure sativa and it gets me baked and lasts me twice as long as indica/CBD high strains.

Last edited:
Blue cheese 2 years ago, I've had blue cheese a few times but this stuff was just ridiculous. 2 grams of the stuff made the whole house stink from 2 floors up.

I recently got my hands on some shit called T2. That's some bomb ass weed

Just keep in mind, that it's not so much the strain name as it is how well it was grown that matters.

This. And almost as important as the grow is the drying and the curing. I had some bud up the Emerald Triangle (Headband), that was as dank as any of the indoor bud I get in SoCal, and all because of the care that had been put into the cure.

As far as strains though, there are some that just have excellent genetics, and if grown right give a distinctive smell/taste/high. J-1 is one of those, great lemon-lime citrus smell. Also, some of the OGs around have a little something special--SFV, Larry, Paris, Abusive, Sour.

But for all the bud in California, it still doesn't match getting that one AMAZING bag in an illegal state. I remember when I lived in NYC some of my friends went to Canada over Christmas break and brought back some really incredible weed. I have no idea what strain it was, don't even remember what it tasted/smelled like, but I have a picture on my computer.

...just recently learned CBD (as beneficial as it is to your health) sort of counteracts the effects of THC.

Actually CBD, while a CB1 and CB2 antagonist, actually increases the effects of THC at those receptors by 'inflating' the receptor, thereby making it much more dense than it normally would be. To be honest, I don't know if the cannabidnoid receptors are ion-gated receptors, but if they are - then I imagine that the increase in density easily helps ions through the receptor, therefore increasing the potency of THC.

CBD is also an Mu, and Delta-Opioid receptor positive allosteric modulator (meaning it increases the effects that opioid peptides will have on that receptor) which is probably one of the most important aspects into Cannabis's use for pain management.