• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

I have found that Pregabalin at doses of 600mg or more for those with a tolerance almost completely get rid of most withdrawal symptoms, especially the restless legs

I only had restless legs once and it was a side effect of a non-recreational prescribed medication. What helped me was to just keep active.... i wonder if swimming or a bath would help it too? Otherwise yoga seems like it would beneficial. But if your withdrawal symptoms are pretty bad then never mind these ideas.

Methacodone, what's your theory on klonopin being the best of them all? I'm able to get some if I want to, I currently have 50 xan bars for me to kick with and 90 gabapentin 600s and if I need to I can get 2 mgs kpins (which honestly were always the strongest, longer lasting, best bang for your buck, and favorite benzo of all)
Just curious why u feel that way

i find that having a wank tends to help for ten minutes or so

Have you tried body-rocking, or head rocking/rolling? I find it gives some relief.

oh right, sorry i was confused because it had none of the hallmarks of a joke of any sort ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes so i've heard - but this kind of discussion is best suited for the OD social thread - race you there! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
and i'm sure this has already been mentioned but hot baths i;ve heard work - they don't really on me but some people i know swear by them - massages too

I second the quinine found in tonic water. Also potassium is very good. You can buy potassium spray though not sure how effective the spray actually is.

^Quinine can be dangerous with high doses, so be careful. For RLS dosage should be around 200-400 mg (LD is around 5-10 g and the half life is around 4-18 hours). Don't use if you're pregnant.

I am a month in or longer (memory fried in withdrawal) from a heavy long term H habit, and I still thrash around like the exorcist sometimes. I have restless legs at some point almost every day, but sometimes I have full body freakouts until I'm soaked in sweat and just crying and punching my legs to make them stop leaving bruises in places. It takes time. It's a fucking FIGHT. Remember why you decided to quit and that you won't be good overnight. If I had RLS a year from now, I'd take it over a habit OBVIOUSLY. I have fucking SUFFERED I mean I guess it doesn't need to be said. Every long term addict knows the feeling. I think staying hydrated is really important and totally clean eating as well. Magnesium may help. Fight through it. I need to endure the pain or I'll relapse. I have to get broken the fuck down to the point that I am existing just to fight my body and mind.

Believe it or not having an orgasm will temporarily relieve rls symptoms rls is caused by dopamine shortages and having an orgasm is the best way to naturally release dopamine

Dopamine agonists, dopamine release agents, partial agonists and such have always worked best for me. Physical exercise to some extent.

Physical exercises worked for me. It made me feel a lot better, although sometimes I'd would still feel some restlessness at night anyway. It gets better with time. I would walked and do some stretching until it passed.

I am a month in or longer (memory fried in withdrawal) from a heavy long term H habit, and I still thrash around like the exorcist sometimes. I have restless legs at some point almost every day, but sometimes I have full body freakouts until I'm soaked in sweat and just crying and punching my legs to make them stop leaving bruises in places. It takes time. It's a fucking FIGHT. Remember why you decided to quit and that you won't be good overnight. If I had RLS a year from now, I'd take it over a habit OBVIOUSLY. I have fucking SUFFERED I mean I guess it doesn't need to be said. Every long term addict knows the feeling. I think staying hydrated is really important and totally clean eating as well. Magnesium may help. Fight through it. I need to endure the pain or I'll relapse. I have to get broken the fuck down to the point that I am existing just to fight my body and mind.

Absolutely. Your detailed description is spot on!
Patience and perseverance, meditation if it's possible, and hopes that we would never have to go through this again.