• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cure for restless legs from opiate withdrawal?

i did get magnesium oxide 400mg tablets from the sub doc during induction for restless legs that i used in combination with the hydroxyzine, perhaps that aided in why i mention hydroxyzine being so helpful

i did get magnesium oxide 400mg tablets from the sub doc during induction for restless legs that i used in combination with the hydroxyzine, perhaps that aided in why i mention hydroxyzine being so helpful

hydroxyzine is not an anti-convulsant like magnesium or GABAergics to my knowledge it's more of help in combatting insomnia and anxiety (i got it scripted for anxiety)

Hot and cold helps, get 2 bowls or buckets one with hot water as hot as you can bear without burning yourself and cold in the other, can use towels put one in the freezer and pour hot water on the other.

Soak feet/shins in hot then cold and keep on repeating, same thing with placing the towels on your legs.

I can also vouch for Gabapentin. But better don't take it for too long. Some people experience very harsh withdrawals from it. Just check the Gabapentin Megathread.
Even low doses as 100-300mg help with sleeping during opioid WD. Higher doses can actually kill a lot of the symptoms but also cause a buzz.

It's amazing how well 2000 mg of gabapentin throughout the day is at taking care of opiod withdrawal. I still don't understand why, but I know that it just flat out works for me. The nausea, the debilitating body pain, the anxiety, even the nasal symptoms, all gone. The only symptom that gabapentin doesn't fix for me is the stomach cramping and diarrhea, which I can then take care of with 8-10mg of loperamide.

I've kicked with it a bunch of times and personally never had any noticeable withdrawal symptoms from gabapentin, beyond the typical washed out, 'grey' feeling that I get after kicking opiates. That said, definitely a good warning as everyone's brain chemistry is so different.

restless legs sucks. i'm kept up because i always have a need to situate myself into a better, more comfortable position, that felt fine ten seconds ago.
benadryl only seems to make it worse.
That is funny how you said, fine, that was 10 seconds ago, sorry, cause I know rls is a bitches mother. Darn wish there was a solution, I can't get off methadone because of rls, I can't deal with that

This is the closest thing to relief I ever found from the dreaded kicky legs. Benzos never gave me any relief nor cannabis. When I was in rehab we were only allowed a single loperamide pill (1mg or 2mg maybe?) and 4g of paracetamol a day (and mirtazapine at night - not sure of the dose). They did, however, turn bit of a blind eye to smoking hash but it actually made my w/d worse :(

They say every junky has one particular w/d symptom that breaks them everytime they try to quit. For me it was the kicky legs. I found it started in the legs first and then progressed up the body over the next 2-4 days until I had that same vile sensation from from head to foot. Gradually it regressed back down again until - finally - it got back down to just my legs then faded. Thank fuck. It was my personal w/d bete noir and broke me every time :|

Until that last w/d in rehab 4 years ago anyway :)

Me too - was some good shit, huh? =D
You described that so funny, I got a really great laugh from your post, but truth is I can't get off this methadone because of "the kicky leg" thing going on, I really wouldn't care about it if I could just go to sleep.

I tried Xanax doesn't really work , I've been taking Tylenol. Even tried neurontin and nothing . Good luck

Gabapentin, as much as needed (some say 1000 mgs, I can get benefits from 600 mgs), lots of vitamins, beer, benadryl, and melatonin. I haven't shit my pants today. It's been a good day, off a long withdrawl. I take all that shit at night.

Gabapentin, as much as needed (some say 1000 mgs, I can get benefits from 600 mgs), lots of vitamins, beer, benadryl, and melatonin. I haven't shit my pants today. It's been a good day, off a long withdrawl. I take all that shit at night.

im also a firm believer in gabapentin it takes sooooooo much of the symptoms away!!!! also some good ass kind ass weed!!!!

I know this is an old thread, and I already posted on it, but I'm going for it.

The best medication overall for RLS is def. Clonazepam (KLONOPIN).
It works incredibly well, it's also an all around excellent muscle relaxer, that's why it works so well for RLS.

In order, the best medications overall for RLS --

#1 Clonazepam (KLONOPIN)
#2 Alprazolam (XANAX)
#3 Diazepam (VALIUM)
#4 Chlordiazepoxide (LIBRIUM)
#5 Pregabalin (LYRICA)
#6 Carisoprodol (SOMA)
#7 Gabapentin (NEURONTIN)

All the meds I listed are controlled substances, besides the Gabapentin of course... So that's how good Gaba works.. the only non-controlled substance on my list.

I've been clean off heroin for 7 days now and feel fine apart from restless legs and arms and it's driving me mad . I'm so close to just goin to score a bag . But if I do use again the Mrs really will kick me out . I need something to take the rls away . It's just not getting any better . I've been using heroin or methodone for the last 7 years

You can Levodopa on amazon. It's the ingredient in Sinemet (levodopa/carbidopa) that is FDA approved for restless legs syndrome. It is very effective at L-DOPA levels 200-400mg since the OTC extract lacks carbidopa which inhibits peripheral inhibition of l-dopa . So you need to take a little more.