• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cultural Habits of Cannabis Users - is 100 cones a day possible?

Myself and mates have probably been having cones for about 2 years.

Even our friend who packs the biggest most thumb-screwed down billies possible won't have more than about 10-20 in a session, and because of the quality of the hydro we get (good and bad in many ways) it seems to be enough.

I've been smoking pretty much every day for 3 years and I am still more than content with 3-4 cones. :)

well, food for thought... one of my buddies used to throw up after the first hit of the day, every day, for 2 months. Completely random. Went away after a while. It wasn't laced bud, we were growing it ourselves and it was quality, top A grade - as good as any mmj.

I can see reports from all kinds of things popping up... I'd be interested to know the ACTUAL numbers of people who are afflicted by this, the amount of cannabis they smoke daily, other drug habits, purity of cannabis, ROA, along with a number of other things - primarily symptoms. If the symptoms differ too much it likely is not going to be lumped under the same diagnoses.

Its probably just typical government bull shit and propaganda sent out to the public from Australias conservative government, who have no idea about weed and tend to not support marijuana in general for certain reasons which would take a long time to explain.i cant be bothered right now...

...+ There probably are people like that out there that do this though . These people representing an 1/16 of the stoner population probably haha . idk wild , but believable guess .
People who can do that must have a lot of money or idk what . Cant be bothered to guess why . but yeeee :)

hahah no in the U.S. people smoke just as much sometimes. And to us over here in America a cone is a joint thats rolled to look like a cone. I think a lot of it depends on the persons access to pot and cash flow. Where i live weed is like currency and its the economy here, so it is very easy for someone to smoke 100 "cones" a day.

If you're smoking that much everyday then either your tolerance is fucking crazy high or you're not getting that fire.

Or your getting that fire, and so much of it that you just dont care. Heh, common, weve all been guilty of smoking the entire ounce of pif we were supposed to spread out for the week in two days...right? .... What type of person did momma raise?

^ Sure, just not everyday for years.

This coming from someone who believes a blunt a day keeps the doctor away.

Sure it's possible. I used to smoke up to 7 grams of top quality smoke when I was in Amsterdam. No dicksizing, but that's not much. Taking 100 "hits" from a bong within a day isn't superfreaky IME.

Ah, sorry, I should qualify. A blunt a day is what I've been doing since I was about 15, I started smoking when I was 12, so over a decade of cannabis use. For 7 years I smoked a least one blunt of high grade A+ shit a day, so we're talking roughly 1.5 grams minimum. I would have to guess my average consumption for 2007-2010 was about 15 grams of top grade per week - two weeks, during the summer, clearly more use. I remember several accounts of acquiring 2 ounces of some fine, fine fire (see picture thread here for evidence of amount smoked and quality, and old Pot Or Not threads) and having it gone in 2-3 days... but that was neither sustainable, realilistic for any lifestyle besides being a burnout, or healthy or finacially stable. I would consider that abuse any day or in any way you spin it, nobody needs that much high grade per day for years on end.

Anyway, I'm still of the belief the primary concern is the overloading of the CD receptors, psychological addiction similar to precieved w/d symptoms, and the amount of carcinogens inhaled by this ROA (carbon intake would explain all these symptoms).

A blunt a day does keep the doctor away (or in my case a big L joint).

If i burn any more than that, I just end up chasing the high compulsively and becoming a burnout. I get severe downs from it too when I'm out, possibly mainly in my head, but I believe there are short term neurochemical alterations that make it way harder for me to be happy for a day or 2. If I'm smoking all day, no matter how much I burn the high will never ever come close to what I would feel from a joint at night after a long day without pot. And at this point I begin to be concerned about receptor overload, and carcinogen intake... it's quite clearly unhealthy and there is definately such thing as abuse even with pot.

If I smoke any less, well then, I don't get the fun, enlightening, euphoric, and relaxant effects of high grade marijuana on a daily basis.

Still, I struggle to keep my use under control (especially when I have a lot of free time), but breaking for a good few months really helped. And luckily it is marijuana that I love, all the "harder" stuff I have tried has no regular place in my life.

I used to sometimes smoke - could still - like a quarter ounce a day.. I would say that's up somewhere near like 100 cones easy... throw in a few joints, a few knife hits of some nice hash and im well up over that amount NEEDED for 100 cones..

In Australia though you would be hard pressed finding someone that doesn't use a standard glassy/ billy/ bong/ billy bong thornton etc etc and all of these are usually fitted with a standard "cone piece" a piece of brass that fits snugly into the stem in the shape of a cone.

I do have several mates that use vaporizers, very nice glass billy's from overseas that utilize the "bowl' mentioned here.. and also glass pipes for hash oil

Funny thing is i wouldn't consider ANY of these guys connoisseurs by any means, they have all jumped the gun a bit haha... in terms of coming to realise the best methods etc/ healthiest methods etc..

It's not that much, especially if smokers are packing smaller cones and they make little or no attempt to conserve the smoke.

I guess I was lost in translation here a bit. If 100 cones means 1/8th or even up to 1/4th then I don't have much problem believing this - I've done this on and off over the past decade.

There are just so many factors involved that aren't accounted for, zero studies, MIXED SENSATIONALIZED media attention (most worrying, has faded now compared to what this "was" a yea or so back), and most disturbingly a whole host and variety of symptoms.

I'm not aware of any way we can separate what facts contribute to the symptoms directly - but it's not much of a stretch at all to imagine that smoking a couple of bad batches of weed (mold, containment, etc) and the fact that tobacco is being used (apparently? no data), along with no previous medical attention... it all just seems like a rather bold conclusion.

I'm not saying weed is harmless - quiet the opposite if you've read my past slightly misguided posts - obviously smoking ounces a day for months or years is not conducive to your health - mids/kb/headies, etc.... One thing that does stand out - most of these symptoms stop when all smoke (ALL SMOKING) is reported stopped for 6 months - most improve more quickly.

I don't like placing it under the name it currently has, and have a lot of issue with the conclusions being made about CHS

Anyway, to address the OP title, in this case, 100 cones does not seem unreasonable. Where I am from, a bong would be a joint (bout 1-2 grams) or a full bong pack (again, bout 1-2 grams)... so 100-200 grams, daily, sorry, no way... Waste anyway. 3.5 to 7.0 grams a day on average for a while I can see - if that's 100 cones, sure, doable.

I guess if we're talking about to the dome or not it becomes a bit more specific as you're kinda only consuming half of the product (I generally smoke in groups), but I can't make any broad claims about that.

Recently there has been some debated discussion about the reported levels of Cannabis abuse in Australian stoner's. It has been reported in the Australian media and on Bluelight that some Australian users in specific areas were using up to and over 100 cones of Cannabis a day. In Australia a "bong hit" is done in one breath and called a cone.

Has anyone else out there ever experienced stoner's using these amounts of Cannabis? If so whereabouts in the world are you and were there any health effects associated?
if you consider a "cone" to be a bong hit. then there have been countless days where i've smoked 100+ cones. i wake up every morning and take 6-10 rips from my bong to get the day going. smoke after/in between classes. smoke up all night. i live in knoxville, tn and i'm pretty healthy lol.

how many cones in a joint?... 20 or so?....yeah. I can see it..

depends on what you mean by a joint too. half a gram? 1, 2, or 3.5+ grams?

lol...

NSFW:
picture9p.jpg

Yeah if its only 1/8th or 1/4th that's normal... I use to smoke that much if not more. Shit people should just talk in basic lingo that everyone can understand. I mean we're stoners right and not mathematicians or some shit, ya feel me?

From what I get from the OP, he's saying cone is referring to one full bong hit.

In my experience and opinion, it's pretty easy to take over 100 hits in an hour or two. Fuck a whole day, lol.

Now, if we're talking 100 bowl packs, that's a little different... but still easily done over the course of 24 hours. Either way, it's most definitely a possible amount to smoke in one day.

I agree with you