• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cultural Habits of Cannabis Users - is 100 cones a day possible?

Verybuffed

Bluelighter
Recently there has been some debated discussion about the reported levels of Cannabis abuse in Australian stoner's. It has been reported in the Australian media and on Bluelight that some Australian users in specific areas were using up to and over 100 cones of Cannabis a day. In Australia a "bong hit" is done in one breath and called a cone.

Has anyone else out there ever experienced stoner's using these amounts of Cannabis? If so whereabouts in the world are you and were there any health effects associated?

Us kiwis and aussies seem to have very similar marijuana and alcohol cultures IMO way too fiend down at the bottom of the world haha.

Of course. I will never forget before the point where I started growing my own when I was at this dealer's house. One of his cousins or something was rolling a joint at the table and there was enough weed in there to last someone like me a whole month. At first I thought it was a joke but the guy then really started smoking it. Some people just have high tolerances and smoke all day long. It's quite common. In fact it's very common amongst veteren smokers that have been smoking for years.

Of course. I will never forget before the point where I started growing my own when I was at this dealer's house. One of his cousins or something was rolling a joint at the table and there was enough weed in there to last someone like me a whole month. At first I thought it was a joke but the guy then really started smoking it. Some people just have high tolerances and smoke all day long. It's quite common. In fact it's very common amongst veteren smokers that have been smoking for years.

Wow UK as well.

Maybe it is just the North American's who have a lower intake?

What you have to remember, is that comparing cones to bowls is like comparing a smart car to a god damn 18 wheeler. A 5 year old could smoke 5 cones and not be high..

Us Americans smoke a lot too! My dealer use to smoke between a quarter ounce and a half ounce a day, just because his tolerance was so high. Complete waste of time and money if you ask me, but he did it!

I don't understand why you would wanna smoke that much anyway. I use to go through an eighth of dank in 2 days, then I slowed down and now I smoke a bowl or two of some good bud and I'm feeling good. Needing more to get the same high is just a waste of money, why not take a tolerance break? Seems more practical to me.

I live in the us and I know I used to smoke at least a quad every day. it was just how we did it back in high school lol. Smokin king size joints all day walkin around the park, then go home and smoke bong and bubbler bowls for a while. maybe hot box a couple blunts in the bathroom.

however, I have cut back alot since then. Now I smoke maybe a gram or two per day on days that I smoke. an eighth tops most times.

but when we smoke hash oil out of the rig we're sittin there doin dabs that weigh out to like .1 or .2 all night long. which is like the equivalent of taking a gram or so to the dome. that shit is awesome :)

possible yes, but probable, no. if a person had that much weed, he/she would be flipping it and making money and would not want to waste all that weed. economics bruh

CONE is Australian slang for a BOWL aka a bong bowl full of weed.

CONE is Australian slang for a BOWL aka a bong bowl full of weed.

From what I get from the OP, he's saying cone is referring to one full bong hit.

In my experience and opinion, it's pretty easy to take over 100 hits in an hour or two. Fuck a whole day, lol.

Now, if we're talking 100 bowl packs, that's a little different... but still easily done over the course of 24 hours. Either way, it's most definitely a possible amount to smoke in one day.

I can see smoking that much. I think it's easier to express in grams. I smoke up to 10 grams of heads a day, sometime more sometimes less, always a grade. If that translates to 100 bowls then no surprise here... But a bowl pack to me would be about 1g, so I read 100 bowls a day as around 90 grams which I don't believe is anywhere near common

I can see smoking that much. I think it's easier to express in grams. I smoke up to 10 grams of heads a day, sometime more sometimes less, always a grade. If that translates to 100 bowls then no surprise here... But a bowl pack to me would be about 1g, so I read 100 bowls a day as around 90 grams which I don't believe is anywhere near common

Definitely. It really depends on what is meant by "cone," and even then not everybody packs a bowl the same way or has the same size bowls.

Personally, I'm a poor as shit post-graduate, so my tiny little bubblers let me pack maybe .3-.5g bowls at the most. 100 of those in a day would equate to 30-50g, or roughly 1-2oz. Honestly, there are a decent amount of people who smoke weed like that, but they're by no means the majority. 100 hits, though, could easily be accomplished in a single sit-down/session.

Last edited:
From what I get from the OP, he's saying cone is referring to one full bong hit.

In my experience and opinion, it's pretty easy to take over 100 hits in an hour or two. Fuck a whole day, lol.

Now, if we're talking 100 bowl packs, that's a little different... but still easily done over the course of 24 hours. Either way, it's most definitely a possible amount to smoke in one day.

Topics like, smokin bongs the aussie way, on Youtube will show you exactly what most Australian users do and what our terminology of a cone is. Note that is not me in the video it was just the first thing I found when I searched.

Do you spin your cones there? That's not a practice here in the states, could also be a factor

That is a much better way to do it Chainer. I hadn't even thought of that. That will hopefully pinpoint the hot spots around the world for heavy use.

There is a huge difference in the potency level in Cannabis between different areas in Australia. Where I am I have heard of people using high quality commercial or connoisseur grade Cannabis up to 5 grams a day. In other areas the intake per gram would be higher as people smoke "bush buds" which are hotly debated as being of lower potency. I am not saying they are of lower potency from my personal experience just saying that some people report that.

The Aussie "bush vs indoor potency" is an argument that is not for this thread.

i mentioned the slang thing because there was some confusion in the thread. some people confused it with cones as in spliffs. regional differences etc