• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Crystal LSD (hypothetical of course)

DMT is piezoluminescent? As the freebase or what?

Cool, so yeah it's a white powder, unless you use a polarised light microscope then it looks pretty!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this "the family" stuff i think is rhubarb, i'll bet there are a fair few independent chemists around

based on my reading anyone who has a decent understanding of chemistry can make it ( meaning not me :/ ) it's just getting the precursors, but even then i'll bet there's ways around them, at the cost of production that is. a guy on here said his grandma and others use to make acid at uni back when it was legal
and then there's the talk of analogues

I believe I read anywhere that there was a 1kg 8o monocryst in times of cold war on the marked which was bought by the CIA to not let it get into russian hands.
Think it was in Peter Stafford's Encyclopedia...
Can't tell if the story's true though.

DMT is piezoluminescent? As the freebase or what?

Considering this, I'd say yes:

Sand and a lab colleague were the first people to notice that DMT exhibits piezoluminescence: when hardened DMT that had collected in a tray was being chipped out with a hammer and screwdriver in a brightly lit room, the blows emitted massive amounts of colored light. Sand was also the first person to realize that synthetic DMT could be smoked for effect; prior to this, self-experimenters were injecting DMT. This discovery came about by serendipity, when some crumbs of DMT fell onto a hotplate and vaporized, inspiring Sand to try smoking it.

http://www.erowid.org/culture/characters/sand_nick/sand_nick_biography1.shtml

edit: Oh no wait... the piezoluminescence anecdote and vaporization anecdote are different ones. I still guess that judging from the word 'hardened', it was still freebase since salts are typically nothing other than hard to begin with. :)

also - merged despite the fact that a lot is off-topic talk (unsurprisingly), there still don't need to be two separate threads on this... perhaps especially because actual relevant info is meager and precious.

Last edited:
If you've got the cash and are intertwined in the circle of good people. You can very well get crystal and have an idea of its purity. Them purple/red microdots are very yummy and grand lsd!

Isn't that chinacat guy supposed to be full of shit? His post makes him look like a retard, at any rate.

Indeed he is, or was as he's no longer among the living.

I dont believe much of what chinacat says I dont see why the high up dealers of crystal would make potential buyers do a thumbprint. Its a massive waste.
Indeed.

Roger&Me said:
The reason that "crystal LSD threads" suck so much is because nobody has any actual experience with the stuff so the discussion quickly degrades into a bizarre mix of exaggerations, urban legends about LSD production, and thumbprint lore. Its just stupid, IMO.
This is also true. Very high doses of LSD are not like the regular doses that most people take, and they're not like the whole "thumbprint" BS ex-wook/lot-trash Chinacat made up.

I love bluelight and,all,but thers a,bunch of info on lsd xtal on shroomery.

I rember along time,ago I posted something to do with lsd xtal and I was,told it was against bluelight rules.
This was,years,ago if I remeber correctly.

The reason for families is the black market. As long as it exists shitty quality drugs will, the gov will tell you their winning their war, etc...

Edit: I've seen crystal LSD before..;)

So, does anyone think there's any truth to the whole "different families" that produce lsd, or do you think it's a marketing gimmick for the different grades that are produced from large scale manufacture?
It's all about marketing, selling a drug, and it has been like this since the 60s.

Shroomery doesn't know what it's talking about.

Very few people in this thread know what they're talking about.

Families, crystal lines, colors, whatever, it's all hippy bullshit and marketing.

There's still quality L to be had from California, to Europe, to wherever, even Asia, but in this globalized world the sources get mixed up and people try to sell all sorts of bullshit as "swiss criss," "heady silver," "white fluff," whatever the fuck. Fuck these people honestly. If they're making claims, quantitative analysis or GTFO. Yes I have seen LCMS results produced on lot, and BTW, this was some of the best LSD most of the people who tried it had ever tried, it was 10mg/2.5cm^2 ~78% d-LSD tartrate, and it was discolored, purple-brown-ish, so keep that in mind the next time someone comes at you with figures and stuff.

There is a lot of bullshit around these topics that is mixed in with hippie mysticism and the frankly cultic nature of some of the operations out west. Steer clear of these people.

Apparently, LSD can be had on the "darknet," but I would worry about sending that much money to some email address. But I'm just a cynical old fogey pining for the halcyon days of open air drug markets at heady concerts. Fuck all that noise, IMO. You network, you get the one connection, and you go from there.

And if you're not into investing a significant amount of money, say $10-15k as an absolute minimum, probably more these days but I haven't exactly been following the spot price since I got out of the scene, but yeah, without that much cold hard, there's really no reason for you to be even contemplating discussing this topic. Believe in the mythos if it makes you feel warm inside, or deal with the cold hard science if that's your thing. Bulk LSD, however, is really pretty expensive and if you are trying to get some you need to understand certain things, some of which I can't really relate in a bluelight post. Don't get in over your head, folks. There are some seriously deranged and dangerous people in this scene who will try to make you believe whatever. ChinaCat72, despite the headiness of the song/show he is named after, is a now-deceased junkie wook who spun a tale on an internet forum to entertain and mislead. There is nothing of value there except as a work of fiction and a bit of sociological insight into a now dead scene. Fuck all all those people.

Help?!? said:
The reason for families is the black market. As long as it exists shitty quality drugs will, the gov will tell you their winning their war, etc...

"Families," as such, don't really exist, they are what LE calls DTOs, drug trafficking organizations, in various degrees of (dis)organization being that they are made up of a bunch of drug addled hippies most of whom aren't too bright at the best of times and who when spinning sufficiently far out believe in all sorts of culty stuff. Don't deal with these people. Ever. The people above them are arguably even worse, real Alice D. Millionaires, living in luxury out in California with no obligations except to the good old US Postal Service. The entire market is fucked, sorry. The custie retail market is fucked by L-alikes and the midbulk market is fucked by hippies and the bulk market is fucked by quasi-hippie gangsters.

If you want to know about crystal LSD, be prepared to go over your head.

Oh, and yeah, I took some on one occasion. Licked a sheet of paper (like a torn corner of a regular piece of copy paper, not LSD sheet) that was used to weigh out a dose to put in solution. It was to say the least an impressive psychedelic excursion but not really something crazy like chinacat and his followers believe. Just like a good dose of L, which is what it is. Just a dose of L. Fuck all the mythology, fuck the new age esoteric speculations about piezoluminescence and magic crystals and whatever else, that's all just hippies getting stoned. LSD gives you trippy experiences, heroin gives you noddy experiences, meth gives you speedy experiences, MDMA gives you huggy experiences, aspirin is good for headaches, it's all just drugs. People should drop the bullshit and understand this.

Can anything be said about what it is like? Or is it like the tao that 'way'?

If you haven't done so already, you'd probably make a lot of people quite appreciative if you'd expand on it in the High dose LSD thread
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=344091
Or extremely high dose and saturation thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=382571

It's like taking a fuckton of LSD and that's really all there is to be said about it. I don't do narrative trip reports so I won't be giving one of those. Just figure the highest you've gone but higher and more ego dissolution and oneness with the universe and undulating white light and the this is it this is how it is this is how it has always been but now i see type thoughts but 100x more than you get off a five or a tenner but whatever, it's all a transient experience. To be honest for those who try to use psychedelics spiritually or therapeutically heroic doses will probably work to their detriment.

Last edited:
If $10-15 got you X grams of crystal back when you were playing ball (I'm assuming your talking of 80-90's dead land) I could pretty much guarentee you it's double that now (which is fuct cause I'm sure it costs no more to make now as it did then) just more people making more money

Last edited:
SKL, I sit here trying to decide what part of that post I like the most to stick a quote in my sig. Goddamn. lol.

I knew someone who had eaten crystal before, SKL knows him almost definitely. He died maybe two years ago, he was an old head. There are definitely families devoted to selling crystal, and the price hasn't gone up as much as some people may speculate. Talking about all this does make me a bit uncomfortable tho, but people will believe what they will anyways. There is still L being sold today that was made decades ago and was stored properly.

What is true is that a lot of the people involved in the game of distributing bulk LSD are not fucking hippie gangsters or whatever. A lot of people believe in the power that L has and the role that it could potentially play in our collective evolution as a species. Turning people on and trying to keep people spun is a bigger motivation than profit for a lot of people. I asked a friend I hadn't seen in years if he had any paperwork on lot and he gave me 2 sheets of WoW for free if I promised to spin as many people as I could who were on lot and needed clean paper. I fed at least of a sheet of that shit out for free to random kidz.... What other fucking drugs are people taking the risk of huge bids of fed time by having tenpacks on them are people just giving out for free, on a regular basis, or just breaking even, or whatever...

All L isn't family L and there are all kinds of shady people involved in every avenue of dealing anything, but a lot of other people who are being purported to be nonexistent ITT exist too...

peace n flight love n light gdf nfa

DSC, if you are out East, we might have very well crossed paths. You are right that some of the people who are involved in distribution of LSD do so for reasons that are at least not entirely commercial. I don't believe for a second in a role for LSD in "collective evolution," although for quite a while during my time in the scene I definitely found it to be a spiritual exercise and tried to promote it in others, turning people on in an almost evangelical manner. In my scene the standard thing would be to sell off a bunch of product and then hand out dixie cups of "prankster juice*" to passers-by, gratis just to keeping things flowing but of course as a secondary benefit to promote the product. There is always a tension between commercial and more esoteric practices regarding psychedelic drugs, although in the post-Jerry scene things got a lot more commercial and gangsterish. There is definitely "family," although terms like GDF, etc. even by the time I was out of the scene were increasingly being coopted by gangsters. Even Rainbow Gatherings are full of shady people too (Shanti Sena! Shanti Sena!), as highfalutin as their ideals may be.

But yes, I agree, there are people motivated by a genuine altruistic desire to spread the chemical "love" to others. Whether this is a good or bad thing I don't really have an opinion on any more, I don't do drugs any more and particularly don't do psychedelics any more. However, this is definitely something unique to our scene and particularly unique to LSD's place within our scene. Nobody is giving out heroin to help junkies from getting sick, nobody is giving out meth to help people get spun, potheads tend to smoke one another up but don't really tend to give out nugs or bags to one another. Research chemicals are pretty much a totally commercial business. LSD may be the only drug in which this current of evangelical or altruistic distribution exists, even in comparison to other psychedelics even mainstream ones like mushrooms, and that's definitely saying something for it and it's role in late 20th century history and especially in our world, or what is left of it. Things are changing, of course. I haven't been to an event in our scene for a good number of years (hint: the statute of limitations has passed, or else I wouldn't be speaking about it) and even then there was a decidedly different vibe. The dark underbelly which was always there was increasingly prominent, even dominant. There were always pockets of love and light and the genuine idealistic values that are fundamental to what our scene is supposed to be like, but one rather had to poke around to find them.

My above post was mainly concentrated on the commercial elements of the LSD trade because this is most likely what most posters on here are likely to encounter. As to 10 years old doses being distributed with good potency, I don't doubt it, the molecule is much more durable than people think. As to price, and I don't want to veer off into topics that are prohibited here, I don't really know how much this has changed, like I said, I'm well and totally out of the circles in which one would even think about buying anything much less at this scale, but I can completely believe that wholesale doses can be had at cheap prices in the right circles, however these are pretty insular circles. The market for LSD being extremely elastic, pricing will depend highly upon who you are, who you know, and who they know. Heck, just from reading forums, apparently kids are paying $15-20 per retail single hit (likely underdosed, although another strange trend in the scene is purportedly high doses, i.e. allegedly in excess of 250mcg, being sold at a premium, which I don't understand at all why someone would do this instead of just giving regular doses at retail prices ... first of all it's dangerous if people don't know how strong they are and second of all who would believe the dealers hawking them at a higher price? Even those of us who know more or less what mics feel like would probably be skeptical.) these days and thanking the dealers for finding honest-to-God LSD, and bulk prices well in excess of $3.5-4 or even more/dose are not unheard of and seem to be accepted by a lot of kids. I have no idea what crystal goes for these days but it's probably alot. This is madness if you were in the scene in better days. But I'm sure that more connected people get better deals, which depends on geography and your social scene. Proximity to the headier/more altruistic side also might put you in good to get a good price, but higher end commercial avenues might do the same. As for the new venues in drug markets, far as I'm concerned anything that doesn't happen face to face is shady as hell. If I can't reach out and shake your hand, or if something goes wrong, I can't shake you down, it's not a very bright idea to get involved, as far as I'm concerned.

*Recipe for Prankster Juice said:
Take 1L distilled deionized water (multiply as necessary)
Add Kool Aid to taste, we preferred unsweetened red strawberry
Add 8.25mg or so (10mg is a lot higher, even more is nuts) of good LSD per liter
Serve in 3oz Dixie Cups. One is enough (proper 60's dose.) Beyond that you're in serious high dose territory.

I once saw a wook take a long swig from a bottle of this stuff. He was not seen for most of the next 8 hours and pretty much catatonic for the rest of the day.

Also, LSD through the skin is a myth but LSD by accidental inhalation when working with raw is a very real thing.

Last edited:
Wow...10ml per dose...I imagine a 3 oz cup would send you to the moon

Something got lost in translation here I think. It is 250-300mcg per dose that it works out to. Maybe not the moon, maybe enough for low earth orbit :) The 8.25mg-10mg figure (roughly equivalent to an average or slightly below average "sheet") is what is diluted into a liter of "juice."

Also, BTW, do not do this, and if you do, don't keep it around where unsuspecting people might taste it, and don't hand out 3oz cups to people without letting them know that it is pretty strong stuff.

Oh okay sweet I guess its not against the rules.I know quite,a bit on the,subject if someone has,a,queation that,hasnt,been,asked.

Also have,people,seen a flood,of dutch xtal? Iv came,across it quite,a bit.