• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack Cocaine - Freebase Megathread

Well I don't know much about smoking crack (only have once) and we freebased it off foil (not the best method but we were suppose to be getting heroin and not crack that night). We held the lighter under the foil but not close so where it would burn and chased the smoke with a rolled up dollar bill. I held in my hits and still released smoke but not a shit load but still enough, so I don't know what's up with when you do it. Also we didn't wait too long to take more hits, we did one after another then drove a little then took more hits. We did manage to get higher so I wouldn't really worry about the hit thing too much.... We also smoked only pea size rocks at each time (tiny pieces off the actual big rock) but we smoked both rocks in less than an hour. Other than that try to be more careful when breaking the rock it shouldn't turn to powder so easily. When I broke it, it did break into three pieces but each were completely intact.

Oh, and stims do make you talk a lot... I did a shit load until the high wore off. Then I didn't talk as much but on crack I was rambling and so was the guy with me. We also smoked through a shit load of cigarettes while bumping music loud through his sick ass sound system. Cruising is fun when high on crack and loud music is good.

Also when you smoke crack it really doesn't matter how long you hold in the smoke or whether you blow it out your nose or not... The high really hits you when you're sucking the smoke in. Shit hits you very fast no matter how long you hold it or however you blow it out.

@xstayfadedx :
Do you mean pea size like, actually the size of a pea? That seems bigger than the whole rock. Or do you mean pea-sized, like small? What I'm getting at, is how many hits does SWIY get out of say, a 20 rock? SWIM has heard of people doing hits the size of about half a dime, but SWIM did less, like cutting it into 8 equal size pieces.

As for the blowing out smoke thing, SWIM knows he's getting a hit cuz he tastes and feel (and if the tube is clear still, can see smoke flowing) But SWIM was thinking maybe he was 'ghosting' it, like with marijuana if one holds it long enough, one will not see anything come out. Is that possible w/ crack?
And is there a difference in "vaporizing" crack and "smoking" it? When you touch the flame to a rock, smoke is created, but it seems when you hold the lighter under the glass and heat it up slowly and steadily, hits are bigger but don't really see as much smoke flowing through.

Powder; SWIM can manage to not have it crumble up now, especially using a razor blade helps, but does it make a difference in the hit? It seems spreading it out would ballow it to melt and vaporize better.

Thanks for the other answers too.

^^

We don't SWIM here, for one there no pool and the sea is miles away and for two w all know its you you're talking about anyway.

Can't help you with the crack question I'm afraid, fek knows what kind of a mess I'd get myself into of I started with that stuff =D

@xstayfadedx :
Do you mean pea size like, actually the size of a pea? That seems bigger than the whole rock. Or do you mean pea-sized, like small? What I'm getting at, is how many hits does SWIY get out of say, a 20 rock? SWIM has heard of people doing hits the size of about half a dime, but SWIM did less, like cutting it into 8 equal size pieces.

As for the blowing out smoke thing, SWIM knows he's getting a hit cuz he tastes and feel (and if the tube is clear still, can see smoke flowing) But SWIM was thinking maybe he was 'ghosting' it, like with marijuana if one holds it long enough, one will not see anything come out. Is that possible w/ crack?
And is there a difference in "vaporizing" crack and "smoking" it? When you touch the flame to a rock, smoke is created, but it seems when you hold the lighter under the glass and heat it up slowly and steadily, hits are bigger but don't really see as much smoke flowing through.

Powder; SWIM can manage to not have it crumble up now, especially using a razor blade helps, but does it make a difference in the hit? It seems spreading it out would ballow it to melt and vaporize better.

Thanks for the other answers too.

Well almost pea size and yeah they were broken off the bigger rock we had. We got like maybe four hits off of one or sometimes more? Depended on how long we let the lighter go and we were sucking up a lot of smoke. You could easily hit a piece of rock in one go but we didn't do that at the time. It just depends on how much smoke you can pull in until you can't anymore.

And its possible to ghost the smoke, I believe I did with some of the hits I did because I know I inhaled the smoke but when I exhaled not a lot came out. It varied with each hit I did... I also noticed when I exhaled the crack smoke it look clear and light (not sure how to explain it but it was way different than pot smoke). Looked more like when you hold a cigarette puff in and exhale it.....it even did that if I didn't hold it in my lungs for too long.

Also with the cutting the rock and spreading it out more I think it does help but then again no matter what shape it gets into smoking the liquid is all that matters. Whatever or however you smoke your rock its going to end up in the liquid form anyways and I found getting the rock down to that was when I got the highest. (Meaning the first hit with a new piece was nice but then hitting the liquid after was better).

I can't say if vaporizing gets you higher or not (since haven't done both ways) than smoking the crack with the flame right on it but when we vaporized the crack we got pretty fucking high but then again it was our first time smoking it. Yet we did produce a lot more smoke when we kept the lighter away from the rock. Holding it up to it would of course just cause it to burn.

I hope more experienced crack smokers will come into the thread and help you out though. I think it would be more of help lol cause some of these questions I can't thoroughly answer.

Last edited:
@atm23
Sorry, didnt know lol. I just wanted to make sure i stayed within the forum guidelines, and it seemed safer to SWIM than self-incriminate. Ill keep that in mind.

@xstayfadedx
Thanks, that helps. So to conclude that topic, my most important question is can you explain how exactly to smoke crack w/ a glass tube and brillo? Here's what i was told:
Hold up at an angle and hold lighter underneath to melt it, and when you start to hear it crackle, slowly begin to bring it to level, and then slightly tipped down. Throughout the whole time, roll the tube back and forth between fingers. And then alternate between bringing lighter to end of pipe and the flame touching the rock, and just holding lighter underneath the glass
And also, what's your experience with resin? can you answer my question(#9) about that?

Last edited:
@atm23
Sorry, didnt know lol. I just wanted to make sure i stayed within the forum guidelines, and it seemed safer to SWIM than self-incriminate. Ill keep that in mind.

@xstayfadedx
Thanks, that helps. So to conclude that topic, my most important question is can you explain how exactly to smoke crack w/ a glass tube and brillo? Here's what i was told:
Hold up at an angle and hold lighter underneath to melt it, and when you start to hear it crackle, slowly begin to bring it to level, and then slightly tipped down. Throughout the whole time, roll the tube back and forth between fingers. And then alternate between bringing lighter to end of pipe and the flame touching the rock, and just holding lighter underneath the glass
And also, what's your experience with resin? can you answer my question(#9) about that?

You're smoking the crack right but seem to be putting too much thought into it. You need the glass tube and some brillo. You have a piece of the brillow pad in the pipe with some ashes. Usually I thought you would put the flame to the rock first then run the flame back and forth under the tube to vaporize it (am not sure)... Anyways you want the brillo pad and the ashes in the pipe so it catches the liquid and it doesn't melt through to the inside of the pipe (the ashes will catch the liquid but you do not want to breathe it in too hard or you'll pull the ashes through). So when the rock is melted down you really do not want the flame to touch the resin because it will burn the shit up and you won't get any additional hits (maybe a tiny bit but hardly so do not put a direct flame on the resin). Also if the liquid gets through it should dry on the side of the inside of the pipe and you can try scraping that off but really try not to get the melted crack past the brillo and ashes.

In the end worry about burning the shit more than how to hold the pipe or not... Also try to keep the liquid where it should be so you don't waste any because once it gets passed the brillo pad its hard to really get it out the inside of the pipe.

Last edited:
A couple of comments - - I think something is not right if you are not blowing out smoke. It seems the larger and better hit I take the more smoke I blow out. After the crack melts into the chore then I would torch it more directly while taking short breaths and you should be tasting the crack and feeling the smoke go into your lungs. Then maybe end with a fairly long strong breath and hold it for 45 seconds or so - - the exhale and hopefully you will see the big cloud of smoke and feel it.

In terms of a bellringer - it normally does not come on the first or second hit for me. After a few hits, take out the chore (after it cools of course) - - mash it around a little, put back in the stem, work it up and down and it should get nice and saturated with the residual. Now torch that hard and suck it all in and you should get the monster bellringer effect.

I'm going to close this since it seems the OP's questions have been answered, but if the OP would like it re-opened I would be willing to do so and move it to the Crack Megathread over in OD.

OP, you are also welcome to post there if you like.

PM me with any questions.

EDIT: re-opened, moved and merged with the Crack Megathread.

Last edited:
So by the sounds of it if ur gonna smash some crack break it down with vinegar u need at least a 20 chunk to catch a buzz...meh ill stick to soft

There, Edited swim out of the post.
Anyway, what 'tools' would you use? Like what is best to push/pack the brillo, whats a good surface to break it up on, does it matter if fingers are used or maybe a razor blade?

Last edited:
You're smoking the crack right but seem to be putting too much thought into it.
In the end worry about burning the shit more than how to hold the pipe or not... Also try to keep the liquid where it should be so you don't waste any because once it gets passed the brillo pad its hard to really get it out the inside of the pipe.

I just wanted to find out the most efficient way possible. Im sometimes very scientific/logic minded, and rather than just willy-nilly torchin it, the technique to get the most out of it as possible can be important, Regardless of how big the piece is, if its smoked wrong then you end up wasting it. However, if it's done right, great hits can be achieved off of even small amounts.
Thanks for the clarification.

^no problem, man and I understand I like to ask a lot of questions about things I'm interested in too :)

I haven't smoked crack in years and this thread is making me want to. I think I will by the end of the week and I'm ok with that..

Things can be very triggering on this site, so make sure to watchout. Hope that you think the idea out before you do it because I don't want you to regret anything.

As im sure you know, though, the problem with crack is it gives you the best feeling ever, followed by the worst feeling ever.
However, some things i've found to help:
1) Sleep time tea to help calm down after
2) Vitamin water. Hydrates and replenishes vitamins, perfect.
3) Melatonin pills- causes drowziness
4) 5HTP pills - causes drowsiness and helps restore the damage done to brain
5) If sleeping is really tough, then sleep aid tablets.
and last, i don't recommend it necessarily, but it could be the only thing that totally negates the comedown, is smoking some H. And puts you to sleep.

5) If sleeping is really tough, then sleep aid tablets.
and last, i don't recommend it necessarily, but it could be the only thing that totally negates the comedown, is smoking some H. And puts you to sleep.
And that's why crack and heroin use go hand and hand. A lot of people I know end up using crack and then get involved with heroin to help their comedown from crack. (Even my brother who was a crack user back when he was 18 and early 20's he started using heroin now and then. Luckily he didn't really enjoy it and stopped there although it did help his comedown from crack.) Or some heroin addicts start using crack because a dope dealer usually is selling crack too....

In the end I advise no crack user to use heroin to help their comedown from crack. Cause if you keep that shit up sooner rather than later you will now not only have a crack habit but a heroin habit on top of that.... Just dealing with the comedown of crack is better than heroin and to be honest a crack comedown wasn't that bad to me.

Ive always been confused by this..do you put the crack in the end of the pipe with just enuff room to fit the crack into the pipe. Then do you simply apply the flame to the crack rock itself and inhale?Im confused because i hear people on here say do not put the flame directly in contact with the crack or itruins it, then how exactly you do smoke it without touching a flame to it?? I've tried "melting" the rocks i get as well but they do not melt when i hold the lighter next to them.

Ive always been confused by this..do you put the crack in the end of the pipe with just enuff room to fit the crack into the pipe. Then do you simply apply the flame to the crack rock itself and inhale?Im confused because i hear people on here say do not put the flame directly in contact with the crack or itruins it, then how exactly you do smoke it without touching a flame to it?? I've tried "melting" the rocks i get as well but they do not melt when i hold the lighter next to them.

Theres a post on the first page of this thread that explains it really well. Its the 1st one by 'EveryStar'
But, you should have enough room for your product and maybe 1/4inch to 1/2 so it isn't right next to the edge. And by not touching it, they mean hold it about 1/2 inch under the spot where it's sitting,so the heat rises from the lighter to heat it. And when its at the tip of the tube, you hold it a little bit away from it so that the heat gets sucked into the tube, but not the whole flame going inside.
Like i said, read the 1st post on page 1 and that should answer your question.