• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Considering Suicide

Exactly. :)

That's way better than anticipating the worst before it happens. I believe that life in general can be a version of what has happened to you and as we go on we learn to enjoy moments of calmness rather than taking them for granted. I have a feeling that you'll be okay. You sound so much better already!

Just called my lawyer to ask him what he meant when he told my dad things aren't looking good.
Seems like my dad somehow misheard him. He told me things are falling into place, he's talking to the judges and other attorneys and stuff.

Not sure if he's just telling me that because he can tell I'm worried and is just trying to relief me, but I am relief

MyLife, everytime I read this thread I want to speed up time so you can have some resolution. This anticipation is definitely enough to drive anyone over the edge! You are doing so great--no matter how much this is eating at you, and I know it is, you should be proud of the way you are handling it all. Whatever comes of this from the court, please keep your self-esteem intact and remember that you made a silly mistake, no worse than most of us have made in our teens, and that you are a very decent person. <3

MyLife, everytime I read this thread I want to speed up time so you can have some resolution.

DITTO!!!
Dreamflyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever comes of this from the court, please keep your self-esteem intact and remember that you made a silly mistake, no worse than most of us have made in our teens, and that you are a very decent person.

Precisely

Seeing some probation officers tomorrow. It's gonna be the 13th tomorrow too o_O
But yea, lawyer is coming too. Curious what they might say.
Does this usually happen? Before you go to court, you get call to some probation officer to talk? On the paper, it says they want to investigate the case, but idk.

Lawyer said he changed the time of the meeting to 1 pm. It was originally at 2 pm. For some reason, he said he's going to be here at my place before 1 pm, but now it's 1:04. Not only are we late, the lawyer is still not here

Went to speak with a probation police. She gave me some assignments to do. If I complete them, she'll put in words that the probation department will take care of me and court will not be necessary. Assignment is pretty much write a sincere apology letter, research on impulsiveness, and enroll in some summer class at either a college or some program to get credits.
At the meeting, they asked things like how my behaviors are at home, school, and such. Also asked if I'm violent at home and stuff. That's pretty much it. Lawyer said he'll take care of things if things don't fall into plan.

I am very happy to hear everything went as we were expecting, some of us right? There will be no jail and maybe not even a court case. That's great. I bet you have lernt so much from this experience and I trust you are way more thoughtful and mature than few months ago. I hope everything continues to turn out good for you. Know that being anxious doesn't help and that you smart enough not to fall for something li this again. :)

All the best, and take care!
Erik

I am very happy to hear everything went as we were expecting, some of us right? There will be no jail and maybe not even a court case. That's great. I bet you have lernt so much from this experience and I trust you are way more thoughtful and mature than few months ago. I hope everything continues to turn out good for you. Know that being anxious doesn't help and that you smart enough not to fall for something li this again. :)

All the best, and take care!
Erik

Yea. This is a wake up call for me. A lesson for me to learn, mature and not do these childish things and accept stupid dares again. I feel really relief now.
Asked lawyer if I'm going to be register as a sex offender, and he said he'll do his best to prevent that or at least get that info sealed.

Thank you so much for the constant support

I just want you to know that I think you are an amazing young man. A lot of people twice your age would have responded to what you are going through by becoming defensive and belligerent. You have a lot of grace and maturity. Of course you were scared--who wouldn't be? But, the fact that you have been so open and accepted responsibility in the way you have is very impressive. Anyone who can handle life this well at such a young age is admirable.<3

It's great to see all the support on this thread I know when I see someone considering suicide I sometimes show them this video. I realize it's television and fiction but the explanation is so poignant that it's worth a watch. https://youtu.be/VPkDFO7WTW4

To be honest I also think you have gotten a lot of support here. I didn't see anyone who had not been particularly offensive, I guess we were all pretty much ourselves here so that you would know we all do silly things and get anxious. I hope you felt we were all with you. In different ways, I suppose.