• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Communicating with animals on psychedelics/dissociatives

I don't think MK-ULTRA designed any new drugs, they just tested already existing ones. You might be thinking of the military experiments with nasty piperazines that had people tripping for three days.

Do you mean MK-801? IIRC that chem has the potential to make users believe they've got such abilities.

Xorkoth said:
One can communicate with animals without psychedelics. However, I find that they do increase my ability to do so, or at least they seem to. I put this down not to some magical ability, but to the fact that psychedelics increase your sensitivity to emotions and social cues, which animals use to communicate.

Be careful with believing what dissociatives help you experience... dissociatives can make you believe almost anything. Not that none of it is true. I'm just saying don't automatically believe any sort of idea that pops in your head.

As to which drug you're talking about, I have not the slightest clue.

what species of animals have you attempted to communicate with and what did they have to say?

When I'm high, my dog knows. He acts all playful and rams me with his nose.

I don't speak with him though.

burn out said:
what species of animals have you attempted to communicate with and what did they have to say?

Dogs, cats, horses... I'm not talking about communication with words. I'm talking about understanding intentions and emotions. Communication through words is only a small percentage of communication, in my opinion.

Cats are especially communicative. I have two cats and although of course we don't speak English to one another, a day spent with them is filled with communication. Cats are so like humans, and have very unique personalities.

Tripping with my cats is lovely, I often feel as if they are observing me in trip space. And while on psychedelics I definitely feel as if I am communicating with them with glances, thoughts, and intentions.

It's a baby! said:
...................... You might be thinking of the military experiments with nasty piperazines that had people tripping for three days.
Duh - I've just seen the link. So is BZ a piperazine? And is it related to BZP? Always wonderd what BZ was. It's a baby - can you (or anyone else) confirm they are at least the same class of substances?

Nope, BZ is not a piperazine and not related to BZP. It's some nasty, nasty stuff though... :|

I love animals in general, In no way do I ever think I can communicate with them fluently (like my mother does..fucking..kkkkrazy) but I do see some sort of communication...like they will tell you when they are hungry/need to go out by you know, doing what they do (barking, meowing, being annoying in general, or for the new ones pissing everywhere :)

Everytime I've ever taken ecstasy I've had an overwhelming feeling of being exactly like a cat, ESPECIALLY when seeing a cat, I can just really feel like I'm in touch with their feelings and the way they would live (would never communicate however)...no other animal, only cats...

I recently experienced 5-MeO-DiPT (fucking insane stuff) and at the end of my peak I went downstairs to say wusup to my animals,

it was crazy, I saw my cat and I picked him up and he got up and really vocal (he never meows) and I like FELT him and he like FELT me (or it seemed that way)...it was so weird, I put my hand in front of his face and moved it away slowly, and he followed my hand, so what did I do, I walked around the house
with my cat like following my hand (I dont know if youve seen donnie darko but my hand to the cat felt to me like one of those streams of life that donnie darko could see)..I got tired before he did !!

There is totaly something there, I feel it highly on the chemical drugs (lsd, ecstasy, Ketamine) not much on the naturals (mushrooms, weed, etc)...good subject !!

immad said:
Do you mean MK-801? IIRC that chem has the potential to make users believe they've got such abilities.

That's the one I was leaning towards thinking it was but didn't want to put ideas in people's heads. I know I did read a discussion on here (probably years ago) where people were talking about it. I'm sure it was a dissociative and also think it was said not to be as "fun" recreationally although obviously had something interesting. Mk-801 was the drug the tests on rats was done that lead to the discovery of Olney's Lesions IIRC.

Xorkoth said:
Dogs, cats, horses... I'm not talking about communication with words. I'm talking about understanding intentions and emotions. Communication through words is only a small percentage of communication, in my opinion.

Cats are especially communicative. I have two cats and although of course we don't speak English to one another, a day spent with them is filled with communication. Cats are so like humans, and have very unique personalities.

agreed cats are very interesting animals with huge personalitys.

communication with animals happens everyday, you know when your pet is happy to see you and likewise they know when you are happy to see them. you know when there sad and if you have a close enough bond with an animal they know when your sad.

psychedelics just amplify your abilitys to pick up on body movements, facial expressions, they also kick your brain into a higher state of empathy wich then allows you to better put yourself in that creatures position.

they help you to see the little signs of communication that are always there but you normally arnt paying attention to.

I remember one time at the tail end of a mescaline trip when i was trying to go to sleep I felt an immense communication with my cat. it has nothing to do with a dru giving you special powers just more to do with focusing less on "I" and being more intune with things.

Last edited:
Xorkoth said:

LOL, i meant what did they say in a metaphoric sense. i didn't think they actually spoke to you in words.

I don't know about communication, but dogs are definitely aware when you're on a psychedelic. I have had normally friendly dogs go completely bat shit just from seeing me on mushrooms.

I find that when animals get uncomfortable around you on psychedelics, it's because you're giving off uncomfortable vibes. When I was new to tripping, my cats and my family dog would run away from me... they'd be terrified and/or nervous around me. They'd go into a corner and just sit there staring at me with their hackles raised.

Now, they find me quite interesting while I'm tripping. When I was tripping multiple times a week they stopped differentiating... because it was just very normal for me, so my energy was pretty much normal.

It has a lot to do with animals personalities too. My younger dog is one of the smartest animals I've ever seen, and has a great personality. He gets exicted when I'm high. My older dog is pretty much indifferent.

Never got high or tripped around our cats when they were alive, but I have a feeling they wouldn't care either.

I strongly suspect that these phenomena are due to pheromones and other forms of scent communication, in addition to body language. Scent is such a fascinating sense... You know how when you smell a smell you haven't smelled in years and it brings back powerful memories? Same thing at work, except it isn't in your conscious mind.

Ismene said:
There was a bloke on the board who said whenever he took mescaline toads followed him.

I think he's in a mental hospital now.

LOL! SCREW YOU! :p

They didn't follow us, a whole fuckin ton of them just all decided to show up and surround us for a while in the middle of the night right at our 4 hour peak.

And I'll have you know, (for whatever reason), I am still a 'free' member of this society!

Ismene said:
There was a bloke on the board who said whenever he took mescaline toads followed him.

I think he's in a mental hospital now.

Taken in the right context, that was gold. Probably because I read this thread from the beginning - it's very entertaining.

My mates cat is scared shitless of anyone including me. After rolling hard one night and staying over I woke to the cat asleep on my chest. It still hates me tho - fickle beasts they are. Edit: Now that I think about it, he was probably just saying "get off my couch".

Last edited:
My theory on the subject is something like this -

When tripping, you act more like an animal. You look around at everything, like caveman looking for his next snack or looking out for enemy beasts. Domesticated animals (dogs and cats) have adapted to the human's world because somewhere along the line, they were able to chill mutually with man.

Man today is all caught up in technology and nonsense. When tripping, he is more like animal.

Dogs and cats get excited when they see us acting more like the animals we are, so they act up too, maybe have a little fun, mess around with the world, because after all, we're animals. Dogs are more likely to get scared of the tripper, resisting change and fearing that his owner is sick (dog's worried about dog food too). Cats on the other hand, love that silly shit. They want to catch rats and lizards with man.

Dragynfyr said:
LOL! SCREW YOU! :p

They didn't follow us, a whole fuckin ton of them just all decided to show up and surround us for a while in the middle of the night right at our 4 hour peak.

And I'll have you know, (for whatever reason), I am still a 'free' member of this society!

Only joking Dragyn ;)