• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Communicating with animals on psychedelics/dissociatives

If they can smell fear, I'm sure they can smell love too.

Yes, yes and YES.

Actually, Ismeme, males have nipples as a recult of their/our chromosonal structure. In African desert-tribes, in time of drougt men can secrete milk of sort from the nipples, if natures hologram decrees it. ;)

Prove reality in complteness and I'm with you all The Way.

The best human nose is no where near as sensitive as the average animal nose...

I may not necessarily view animals as furry people, but I treat them as such.

fahcfaabb.jpg

One should definitely treat animals as people. No life is superior over another or has the right to abuse another. "Treat others as you would like to be treated" applies to animals as well... it's called karma, and through some means it exists. Plus, being loving warms you up. ;)

Also, this isn't to say you should never kill an animal. It happens in nature all the time. But there's a big difference between killing an animal for food, wasting nothing, and still respecting the animal, and hurting or killing something for amusement, disrespecting it and its life, and so on. Personally I couldn't kill an animal for food and I often desire to become a vegetarian, but I still eat meat occasionally since it's not me killing the animal and I only buy non-factory-farmed meat. But it is understandable to responsibly hunt for food and to be a carnivore.

Unfortunately, a lot of humans are shiockingly and needlessly cruel to animals or at least terribly disrespectful - people yelling at and hitting their dogs anytime they don't do exactly what they're told, when obviously the dog doesn't understand and can't be expected to understand everything you say, for example. :( Animals are very communicative, but you have to understand how.

Last edited:
Personally I couldn't kill an animal for food and I often desire to become a vegetarian, but I still eat meat occasionally since it's not me killing the animal and I only buy non-factory-farmed meat.

Factory farming only one aspect. Maybe look into the health and environmental benefits of vegetarianism, it might be enough to push you over the edge. Maybe your local library has a copy of The China Study.

The book examines the relationship between the consumption of animal products and illness such as cancers of the breast, prostate, and large bowel, diabetes, coronary heart disease, obesity, autoimmune disease, osteoporosis, degenerative brain disease, and macular degeneration. The "China study" referred to in the title is the China Project, a "survey of death rates for twelve different kinds of cancer for more than 2,400 counties and 880 million (96% ) of their citizens" conducted jointly by Cornell University, Oxford University, and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine over the course of twenty years.

Also:

quote-NearlyHalfOfWater.gif

quote-70PercentWheat.gif

quote-ConcernedScientists.gif

Personally, I've found since becoming a vegetarian and taking an attitude of non-harm towards animals, they seem mess afraid of me for the most part. Diet could have a significant role in pheromone production and scent. Celibacy could also alter pheromone and androgen levels.

I think I'm finally going to read all of "The Scent of Eros", I've had the book for about 6 years but never got around to it. This topic has really rekindled my interest...

I've got some human pheromone research chemicals, maybe I'll dig around and see if anything new has been discovered.

Wyart C, Webster WW, Chen JH, Wilson SR, McClary A, Khan RM, Sobel N. 2007. Smelling a single component of male sweat alters levels of cortisol in women. J Neurosci. 27(6):1261-5.

So if sweat components related to the hunter-type, alpha male can alter levels of the "stress hormone" cortisol in women, I'm sure the same scent components could modulate animal stress response.

In humans the vomeronasal organs (VNO) and olfactory are directly connected the amygdala which controls emotional and fight or flight responses. The amygdala also acts as a "switch" between the mammalian brain and the vastly underutilized most advanced parts of our brains, the frontal lobes. Only when fear has been "conquered" can the energy that is normally trapped in reptilian competitive consciousness be used for higher brain function...

amygdala3.jpg

<3

Well, I'm an ultra cool vegatarian- mainly because eating dead things makes me SICK TO THE FUCKEN CORE!!!

Actually, I was having a non-verbal chat with my rotty yesterday; he was kinda hunched on top of me, looking deeply into my eyes and I laughed at the utter absurdity of people not thinking animals are High Beings. There was ancient wisdom in his eyes; indeed enlightenment. He is not selfish- he doen't think of himself as him- therefore he has no wants for himself- He has no ego as such. He is a good good good boy. (aye, he's rolling over and showing of his considerable man bits now- fucking animals!!!).

We've got it wrong- reincarantion doesn't render you Higher up the evolutionary chain but lower (as it appears in our incorrect hieararchy). The simpler the holgram your a part of, the less ego you need to construct reality, the freer you would be. Hail Hnery the king of Rottweilers. Pity he tries to bite people quite often. He was a very poorly treated stray when I found Him. He just came up to me (shitting myself) and leaned all his weight against me; and stared nobly ahead. He had found his path. By my side and I at his.

I have had a few interesting experiences connected to mescaline and animals. The last time I went up in my orchard to harvest my San Pedro, I happened upon a coyote (in the middle of the day). The time before that, right before I dosed I glanced out my window, and a red tailed hawk landed in a tree a few feet away. I chalked both of these up as good omens.

I'm in the process of reading a book which details conversations between a sociologist and an Eastern Orthodox monk, and there is a point where they discuss the phenomenon of saint's relations with animals. Father Maximos, the monk states,"When human beings reach the stage when they become a repository of God's Grace, then animals instinctively recognize that as the state of the first humans prior to the Fall. Friendship is reestablished between humans and the rest of nature. In such a state even wild beasts cannot harm you"

I feel that a similar situation could be at the heart of this matter. Personally, when I'm under the influence of mescaline, I feel more than at any other time in my life, that I have reentered the proverbial Garden of Eden, feeling at total harmony and peace with the universe. Maybe the world reacts in kind to us, when we enter this state...

Dragynfyr said:
=) hehe thanks man!

Funny you mention the deer thing haha I almost forgot. At one point with my gf, we were sitting in our chairs looking into the forest, and when I stood up I had the crap scared out of me by a big ass white tailed deer that had been feeding about twenty feet away behind us, she took off running as soon as I made a sound to stand. Granted, that shouldn't sound TOO weird - but we had a stereo thumping a drumming CD (Sacred Spirit Drums or something like that). I dunno HOW the deer didn't notice us right there, with music playing in the middle of no where lol

Thanks again egor =)

same thing with me! in my city there is a path that ends at a main intersection so i was waiting at this intersection while feeling a nice afterglow from a daylong LSD voyage and suddenly i look over and theres a deer running towards me, but once he/she realized i was there he/she skidded out and ran the other way, sure gave me a hell of a jolt!

I used to have a roommate whose cat hated me. He would really try to hurt me every chance he had. Except for when I was on 2c-e. Any time I was tripping the cat would purr and rub against me, then he would get really hyper and run around jumping on all the furniture.

Also happened during a mushroom trip.

I wondered if it was coincidence but I didn't trip all that often, and I made sure to notice if he acted like that while I was sober, and he never did.

I've read a theory about the 'contact high' that claims there are neurons in the brain called 'mirror neurons' that will mimic the patterns of other mirror neurons in the vicinity. I don't know how they would be communicating, but that might be something to look into.

Well, I'm an ultra cool vegatarian- mainly because eating dead things makes me SICK TO THE FUCKEN CORE!!!

Well I'm not a strict veggie, but I don't believe in eating anything that I'm not prepared to kill myself, which limits me to fish & shellfish as there's no way I could countenance killing a mammal or anything with any degree of sentience (although I have eaten roadkill pheasant before!). I honestly think that all carnivores should be made fully aware of what their blood lust entails ie being made to visit a slaughterhose and see it through from the animals arriving to the carcases being shipped out from the other end. If they are still wanting to eat meat after that, then I'm OK with it.

Personally, I find the smell of red meat cooking repulsive these days.

As for animals being attracted to people tripping, I'm pretty certain it's down to a lack of any sort of aggressive body language

itsALLfake said:
are you attracted to animals on mescaline?

When I'm on mescaline I'm attracted to animals, but I'm not attracted to animals on mescaline.

(although I have eaten roadkill pheasant before!

Briliiant!! Any quail, my good sir?

One must go dumpster diving, if not for anything but to be chased out of bins.

willow11 said:
...Hail Hnery the king of Rottweilers. Pity he tries to bite people quite often...
No pity, really. It's called good judgement...

^Generally yes. When he bites my dad, no. Dad don't like being bitten; actually the old bastard doesn't like anything least of all me :)

Xorkoth said:
One should definitely treat animals as people. No life is superior over another or has the right to abuse another. "Treat others as you would like to be treated" applies to animals as well... it's called karma, and through some means it exists. Plus, being loving warms you up. ;)

I catch your drift but my point was slightly different - it was don't attribute human characteristics to animals because you end up only caring for the cute animals that look a bit like human beings. Look at how Steven Spielberg portrayed the great white shark as an underground version of Ted Bundy and ensured it's rapid extinction. Like Dennis Leary said "There's people screaming "Don't eat the tuna fish!!" dolphins are getting stuck in the net - well what about the tuna fish? Oh fuck them they arn't cute"

Animals are perfect and holy by themselves - they don't need to be treated like surrogate humans.

Dissociative: Psychic ability - communicate with animals

Sorry I know this has been mentioned on here in the past but I've been using the search function and can't find the right thread. I know there is one particular dissociative drug that often has reports of people feeling like they've had psychic communications with animals (and from what I remember quite often smaller animals such as insects) after taking it. IIRC it was supposedly developed as part of the MK-Ultra experiments carried out by the CIA. Anybody able to enlighten me to which drug I am thinking about?

There was a bloke on the board who said whenever he took mescaline toads followed him.

I think he's in a mental hospital now.

One can communicate with animals without psychedelics. However, I find that they do increase my ability to do so, or at least they seem to. I put this down not to some magical ability, but to the fact that psychedelics increase your sensitivity to emotions and social cues, which animals use to communicate.

Be careful with believing what dissociatives help you experience... dissociatives can make you believe almost anything. Not that none of it is true. I'm just saying don't automatically believe any sort of idea that pops in your head.

As to which drug you're talking about, I have not the slightest clue.