View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Communicating with animals on psychedelics/dissociatives

Dragynfyr

Bluelighter
During peak hours on mescaline have any of you had any strange animal encounters?

Twice I have taken mescaline outside. The first time, with my two best friends present, in the middle of the night, in an area of the forest we were all familiar with, JUST as the fourth hour after ingestion came upon us, the bushes all around us began to move. And not in that stupid mushroom, 'dude the bushes are moving' way. The bushes truly began to move, we could hear them, and see them, no hallucination required. Given the areas recent trouble with rats I was predictably scared shitless by this at first. After looking around with a flash light for a while I eventually spotted a couple frogs. Two of no less than 100, more likely around 2-300 frogs, which were most obviously VERY interested in us, following us as we ventured out to explore the noises. This is not an exaggeration by the way, were talking a 15-20 yard RADIUS of solid movement, caused by 3-5 in. amphibians.

We have spent many nights in those woods, never once seen or heard a frog about.

That morning, as we were coming down, I decided I wanted to watch a star vanish into the day light...(no easy task). After about an hour or so of staring at this star with my friends, a large black dragon fly appeared, and decided to hover RIGHT in our field of vision in front of the star. Soon three more of his friends showed up and flew around right where we were looking. We looked around, they were the only ones, and were putting themselves in front of our minimal field of view.

Fast forward to the second out door experience, in the same location. My girl friend and I are once again reaching the fourth hour, and giant black dragon flies begin to show up. Not just our buddy and his three friends this time. The whole city shows up. No less than 40-50 dragon flys eventually show up in the air above us, and stay with us for the next two hours. Each time I leave to get water or go to the bathroom, I return to find one or two of the little buggers hovering right in front of my girl friends face - they quickly flew away when they saw me. ( I was feeling sick that day from the start and definitely wasn't as connected with the world that day as the first time, I think they could sense I wasn't operating at the same wavelength or something).

THEORY TIME: I haven't found anything yet about human brain waves and mescaline usage, but I have a theory.

I recently learned in a class I'm taking that animals will be attracted to people meditating, who's brain waves are around the 7.8hz range. I've also read that an effect of mescaline is that it will cut off the brains supply of glucose (energy).

My theory is that perhaps this decrease in energy supply would force the brain to operate at a lower frequency than usual - (a fully conscious and physically active meditative state).

Thoughts? Very Appreciated =)

peace all

Dragynfyr said:
THEORY TIME: I haven't found anything yet about human brain waves and mescaline usage, but I have a theory.

I recently learned in a class I'm taking that animals will be attracted to people meditating, who's brain waves are around the 7.8hz range.

Perhaps animals are attracted to meditators not because they can sense their brain activity, but because the general demeanor of the meditators conveys relaxation and a lack of aggressiveness.

Dragynfyr said:
I've also read that an effect of mescaline is that it will cut off the brains supply of glucose (energy).

Where did you read this? An anti-drug website? As far as I know, psychedelics do not decrease glucose utilization or supply to the brain.

Dragynfly said:
My theory is that perhaps this decrease in energy supply would force the brain to operate at a lower frequency than usual - (a fully conscious and physically active meditative state).

I don't think this theory really stands up. A lower frequency of brain waves, which represent summated synaptic activity over the area of the brain near the recording site, does not necessarily mean that the brain is using less energy. In some cases where the amplitude of low-frequency brain waves is large, as in some types of epliepsy, then the brain is using equally much or more energy as it does normally.

quick search of mescaline & glucose will get you a bunch of hits, ( lol a lot of which ARE in fact BS anti drug sites, plenty of seemingly legit ones too though). Regardless, haven't looked much into it, just thought it sounded like a good possibility. Thanks =)

just one thing,
"Perhaps animals are attracted to meditators not because they can sense their brain activity, but because the general demeanor of the meditators conveys relaxation and a lack of aggressiveness."
- To that, I can't help but wonder, - if that is the case - why you don't see lots of animals flocking to..say..bunnies and stuff lol. Even while meditating, I'm sure theres much less threatening animals out there, and other animals aren't lining up in mass to get a look at them. I mean there must be more to the situation than simply having a calm demeanor; being calm should leave you unnoticed, not draw attention right?

Ok, now that my crackpot scientific theory has been more or less shot down lol

Anyone with any similar field experiences to share? The frogs were just too insane! I don't know HOW the fuck it happened, but given the repeating nature of this situation, I imagine there MUST be someone in this freakish think tank with a story to share. In advance, much appreciated. :)

My parrot insists on sitting on my shoulder when I am on mesc. My dog wont leave me alone either.

As far a wild animals go, deer and elk get a bit close for comfort.

=) hehe thanks man!

Funny you mention the deer thing haha I almost forgot. At one point with my gf, we were sitting in our chairs looking into the forest, and when I stood up I had the crap scared out of me by a big ass white tailed deer that had been feeding about twenty feet away behind us, she took off running as soon as I made a sound to stand. Granted, that shouldn't sound TOO weird - but we had a stereo thumping a drumming CD (Sacred Spirit Drums or something like that). I dunno HOW the deer didn't notice us right there, with music playing in the middle of no where lol

Thanks again egor =)

I've also read that an effect of mescaline is that it will cut off the brains supply of glucose (energy).

That equals brain damage & death - whoever said that is busrting at the seams they're so full of shit.

Basically I think it's down to a lack of potyentially aggressive body language. Animals are very happy to get close whenever I've had ketamine and I put that down to a complete lack of body language

I believe Huxley in the doors of perception suggested mescaline affects blood sugar (decreae maybe??? yrs since i read that book). Obviously outdate thining, but i suspect this is where dragonfyr may have got this.

Wouldn't mescaline atually increase blood sugar theoretically- seeing as adrenaline releases glucose stroes. But then, I have read of 2ctx chemicals having detrimental effect on blood sugar levels (fluctuations), can't remember which tho.

Two of no less than 100, more likely around 2-300 frogs, which were most obviously VERY interested in us, following us as we ventured out to explore the noises.

I think this is down to you tripping your balls off and thinking the frogs were following you rather than any genuine interest from the frogs.

I don't believe wild animals are attracted to humans unless they happen to be in an area where humans have left them food before. 99.9% of wild animals who get close enough to humans to notice what mood they are in will lead very short lives ending in very violent deaths. Unless animals can sense you are tripping from beyond the range of a hi-velocity rifle I don't believe they are noticing anything.

I've had animals follow me around while on mescaline, but coincidentally this only happens when I go to the pub.

Animals are attracted to me anytime... I have always had animal magnetism. That being said, though, mescaline seems to add to it moreso than other psychedelics or sobriety.

Twice I have done mescaline in the woods, and both times I've had bizarre/humorous/intense animals attraction experiences. The first time, some random dog came up to my friend and I and just would not leave out side. He insisted (I am not kidding) on getting in on the rotation of the bowl we were smoking. He sat there and whined and begged and prodded us with his snout until we blew him a hit, and then he'd bound off almost like he was flying through the air, just absolutely tearing around in this way I can't describe. He stayed with us for the entire 8-hour day and tried to get in my car when we left. I felt bad about leaving him! :(

Another time, we kept encountering snakes and ever-increasingly large and terrifying red wasps. That was also the time that the human families who lived right outside of the woods were like large apes. Their communication with each other seemed to consist of rudimentary grunts.

But I must stress that animals, including many wild animals if I am alone and as calm as possible, will approach me, cautiously at least. For example, a few weeks ago when a herd of deer who was silently passing through began walking up to me, and as a pack got close enough for the one in the lead to sniff at my hand. I also haven't gotten an insect bite in three years - I always wondered whether that was because the drug have made my blood undesirable, or if it's something else. =D

Ismene said:
Two of no less than 100, more likely around 2-300 frogs, which were most obviously VERY interested in us, following us as we ventured out to explore the noises.

I think this is down to you tripping your balls off and thinking the frogs were following you rather than any genuine interest from the frogs.

I don't believe wild animals are attracted to humans unless they happen to be in an area where humans have left them food before. 99.9% of wild animals who get close enough to humans to notice what mood they are in will lead very short lives ending in very violent deaths. Unless animals can sense you are tripping from beyond the range of a hi-velocity rifle I don't believe they are noticing anything.

They we're actually toads I think, if that matters.

The reason I say they were obviously interested in us is because they had surrounded our whole camp site area. When we split up to investigate, and my two friends went walking down the trail where I first caught one of them in the beam of my light, I stayed behind and turned my light off. I could hear a mass of them following my friends, as the area behind us fell silent and the swarm followed. The toads were keeping their distance, as even with their lights they were having a bit of trouble spotting them, as if they had formed a perimeter around them and were just checking them out. As I stood there in the dark, I spoke into my tape recorder, giggling like a little kid describing how some of the toads were closing in on me, and got so close that the grass right at my feet was moving as they hopped around. (I was standing at the edge of a thick part of grass n brush, with my back to our little clearing we cut out, they wouldn't leave the safety of the grass) I think the whole thing lasted about 10 minutes or so.

So...I dunno, mescaline attractive forces, or just randomly finding our selves right in the middle of a weird mass Toad migration, you be the judge. I sure don't think these guys were expecting us to throw them some food or something though hehe

In my opinion, the reason that animals are afraid of most people is because most people give off a vibe that animals do not like. Most people find it amusing to fuck with and/or hurt animals. or at least they find it funny to chase them and see what they do, or catch them and poke at them or something. People just do not underestand animals, at all. it's really quite sad.

I have found that animals communicate in large part through feeling the energies of others, as people do if they let themselves feel it. When tripping, especially on something like mescaline, people tend to have a better and more accepting and friendly energy, especially towards nature. As it also sounds like you're an animal person anyway, I'm sure that the reason it happened was due to your own nature being amplified.

Personally, I have always had "animal magnetism". I think this is because by nature I am entirely non-violent and I have always felt that I really understood and respected animals. So, I give off a vibe that makes animals want to approach me, as they do anything they're curious about which isn't threatening them.

Xorkoth said:
Twice I have done mescaline in the woods, and both times I've had bizarre/humorous/intense animals attraction experiences. The first time, some random dog came up to my friend and I and just would not leave out side. He insisted (I am not kidding) on getting in on the rotation of the bowl we were smoking. He sat there and whined and begged and prodded us with his snout until we blew him a hit, and then he'd bound off almost like he was flying through the air, just absolutely tearing around in this way I can't describe. He stayed with us for the entire 8-hour day and tried to get in my car when we left. I felt bad about leaving him! :(

:) Thats amazing!

Dragynfyr said:
They we're actually toads I think, if that matters.

Ah then I apologise - I think the toads could have been tuning into the vibrations. They are a big witchcraft animal after all.

Xorkoth said:
In my opinion, the reason that animals are afraid of most people is because most people give off a vibe that animals do not like. .

Isn't it more likely to be simple evolution and instinct? The animals that avoid human beings survive and procreate, the ones that are curious about humans get killed.

But then again with animals prowling round cities these days and the association they get between humans and food perhaps it's not as clearcut as that.

I've only had one mescaline experience. I was inside for the majority of the trip, but my pet dog didn't really seem to act much differently.
My old dog always got extra friendly when i was on lsd or mushrooms.
and one time after smoking some salvia leaf, on the walk back to the car me and a friend crossed paths with a beaver or muskrat or some weird fast moving brown creature.

I seem to attract animals all the time, and I don't know why. But, when I'm high (marijuana) my dog KNOW.

He really fucks around with me... If I'm laying out in the grass or something he'll sneak up on me and jump right in my face. It's the best thing in the world =D

Changed said:
I seem to attract animals all the time, and I don't know why.

Have you got a strip of bacon stuck to the sole of your shoe?

Ismene said:
Isn't it more likely to be simple evolution and instinct? The animals that avoid human beings survive and procreate, the ones that are curious about humans get killed.

But then again with animals prowling round cities these days and the association they get between humans and food perhaps it's not as clearcut as that.

Yes, I do think that with most wild animals it's strongly instinctual. But I also am quite sure that they base much of their caution of what they're feeling from something. And as you mentioned, animals and humans are becoming physically closer and closer together in many places.

The main point of my post, though, is that most people I know don't get animals and animals do not want to get near them. My cousin, for example, is a testosterone-filled (steroids) egomaniac who's destructive and used to get his kicks by beating people into the hospital for fun (only stopped because he'll go to jail for a long time next time). Animals can't stand him. I, on the other hand, attract them all. This is an extreme example but it illustrates what I was saying. of course not all animals come flocking to me in the wild.