Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does weed helps to remove invega poison from the body? Or something else cause zhis shit completely destroy me

anyone know the connection between Invega and the 5-HT2A receptor? It is a 5-HT2A antagonist. So maybe this causes raised, or too low, ACTH? Maybe a cause of some cortisol-related weight gain, inability to lose weight [insulin resistance]?

Just some thoughts.

I think the 5 HT2A regulates your appetite and feelings of satiety (fullness) it might disrupt the leptin hormone and ghrelin that control messages within the stomach for hunger and metabolism in general, since serotonin is responsible for satiety like leptin. It also antagonizes some adrenaline a1 or a2 receptor which controls the Insulin output, it will increase insulin and that might cause weight gain due to the entire system of glucose into glycogen metabolism (insulin resistance), Im not a endocrinologist doctor but I had discussed with them, therefore I just believe the effects will subside, the prolactin affects the androgens and that might also play a role, possible also dopamine accelerates blood sugar metabolism via stimulation, which also includes the thyroids since dopamine comes from tyrosine and by blocking it it might disrupt this system again, all in all this causes weight gain, I think SSRI can also cause weight gain. Cortisol comes from stress and catabolic states, decreasing serotonin transmission might cause anxiety and stress therefore impacting insulin, causing your body to break-down emergency state and hold on to fat for dear life so cortisol as a hormone might also play a factor in weight gain.

Last edited:
Thanks Resistance. I made an appointment for next week and I'm hoping to get some blood work done, if only I can think of the right things to say to the doc to get the right blood work-up done. I'd like to have Cortisol and ACTH levels done for sure, and I've already got my prolactin under control but that has not yet allowed weight loss. Since my prolactin is now in the normal range and I'm taking a dopamine agonist to do so (cabergoline) I think it safe to say dopamine is now good too. I was also looking at that a1, a2 Adrenergic receptor thing, but I'm not sure what to say to get things tested, and what to get tested. I can pretty safely say I do not have Cushing's syndrome or Addison's disease, but I have been noticing a particularly red color to the skin on my face (a symptom having something to do with cortisol/ACTH) and I've been having some headaches which is very odd for me.

I'm growing very impatient waiting for things to get straightened so I can shed this fat real quick. I don't have any issues with appetite, and although I eat I am not often even hungry. I found this wikipedia page saying how 5-HT2A can have to do with raised hormones, including prolactin and ACTH. I'm 18 weeks out and can't yet lose a pound, and I don't want to wait another 5 or 6 or more months just to get the weight loss rolling. all I need is 6-8 weeks and I can get this stupid weight off no problem, I'm just tired of the stupid waiting game. Plus if I figure out how to lose weight on this med, then if they ever inject me with it in the future I'll know how to get around the weight issue right off the bat.

yes go ahead check your Cortisol and ACTH, Cabergoline is excellent for the prolactin by far it is the best I also used it, for your a1 and a2 you cant really test for adrenaline or noradrenaline as well as dopamine in the brain these blood tests will show what's merely in the body as in total might include the brain not so sure, but what you can do is test for your Insulin and fasting blood sugar (FBS) for insulin & FBS you have to be fasting 8-10hrs only water is allowed, a1 and a2 are adrenergic (adrenaline) but cortisol should give you where you are I think, Im reading more about this, it is waiting game because body need to re adjust again , Pls send me that link about 5HTA and raised hormones from wiki, anyway I hope you are on a new road to recovery soon. your redness might be just because its cold out and you enter warm place indoors, :)

Last edited:
Effects of buspirone on prolactin, cortisol:

"Buspirone is another 5-HT1A agonist that increases cortisol secretion in man...Buspirone administration yielded a significant increase in cortisol and PRL levels in both normal controls and depressed subjects."

Think we may be on to something with the Cortisol factor; this med (buspar) is of the 5-HT (Seratonin) agonist class. While Invega is a 5-HT2A ANtagonist, I have to wonder if there may be some similarities. Raised cortisol can mean No Weight Loss/inability to turn glucose to energy. 5-HT2A receptor is responsible for hormones including ACTH, which can control the level of Cortisol.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8011800/

Last edited:
For any men interested:

[h=2]"Cortisol and Weight Gain[/h]Chronic or long-term stress increases levels of cortisol, which plays a role in several hormonal and metabolic reactions that lead to weight gain. It increases your appetite and your cravings for unhealthy foods. Cortisol also reduces testosterone in men and women, which leads to muscle loss. Muscle burns more calories than body fat. When you lose muscle, your body burns calories less efficiently. Also, cortisol increases fatigue, which makes it more likely that you won't exercise to burn off excess calories."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/430239-high-cortisol-and-weight-loss/

83% recovered according to my sixth sense... or what's left of it. Bwahahaha

You folks be patient now. It gets better. Risperdal Consta wears off. This one does too.

Epsom salt baths are another great way to detox and purge. Surprised how much of an effect it had really.

@Iridescent, that's great you still can tap into those things :) There's a lot you can do to strengthen and support your psychic connection, if you're interested in that! Just read up on the pineal gland (aka: minds eye, third eye) :)

@Invapo & Resistence, thank you both for sharing those things :) I'm only really aware of the basics of it all, but definitely explains a lot :D

@All,
8 months off for me, am experiencing an increase in my spirituality/perception/psychic ability. This is all that has ever mattered to me, and only now I can truly heal whatever is going on on a deeper level.

:\
I'm feeling irritated. I stopped taking 3mg pills 3 days ago, and Im geting some anger.
I better not break anything.. and I hope this are only withdrawal symptoms temporary and after the drug wears out I dont have these feelings again.

Tuesday I will be certain... I guess this is normal to who is wearing out these drugs, what do you think?

I'm still curious enough to come and check out almost every day your posts. You too care about your health and I wish you all have a good treatment.

The winter is beautiful in its way. but it's somehow depressing.. I feel good with the medicines, but I want to try to be free of medicines to check if im still healthy after 11 months of taking this invega.

See ya..

Spiralspider, I too felt some anger/frustration at different points while coming off Invega. One night I even had a (very brief) psychosis trip. I've been told it is normal to experience a psychotic break when coming off the med, and I would assume that anger is normal as well.

@Lazar, yes. At month 8, a week in to a hard diet, I have lost at least half the fat again. Literally starting to see definition of my lower abdomen. Also feeling MUCH more relaxed and less constricted in my entire gut region.

I have not felt this much release and relief since first psychiatric drug back at the start of 2015.

I aim to consume only the following:
- carrott, ginger, garlic and green apple; all juiced and stored in a larger container. Drinking whenever required throughout the day.
- bananas, whenever hungry
- Reishi Mushroom, Gotu Kola and a few other natural herbs in capsule form. I take 16 capsules in total per day, somtimes more. Since starting this last week, I have made staggering improvements, has worked for me very well.

I am fighting off candida overgrowth most of all, and aiming to restore gut/sacral health as much as i possibly can. Avoiding sugars, processed, GMO-infested crap is of prime importance. The invega is not the only form of poison in this world.

Good luck friend :)

Keep in mind that if you have lighter colored eyes the increments are recommended to be more like 2-8 seconds, rather than 10 second/s [increases].

Wasn't aware of this! Thanks for the heads up :)
I've been doing 2 seconds, looking away & blinking, then back for another 2 seconds or so - usually I just do it with closed eyes and try to visualize and absorb thru my forehead (minds eye). Definitely working well for me :)
Not sure if the same principal exists for starlight/moonlight, but that was the very starting point for me :D

Hey folks, I had some blood work done and all things (including sugars, cortisol) came back normal, while prolactin was again slightly elevated. I am still unable to lose weight, so I have placed a call to both my general practitioner and my psych doc to ask that we raise the dose of cabergoline. That should put me within a normal Prolactin range, and I will again test to see if I am then able to lose weight.

Here's a bit more info on prolactin, which seems to describe the symptoms many people are claiming to deal with (self included):
"It turns out that having even mildly elevated levels of prolactin can cause severely debilitating fatigue.

Not only that it can also cause migraines, low sex drive, and cognitive difficulties (probably due to low dopamine). Prolactin and dopamine seem to have an inverse relationship - when prolactin is high, dopamine in the hypothalamus particularly seems to be low. Drugs for hyperprolactimia are usually dopamine agonists like bromocriptine or cabergoline. Some people also have luck using Deprenyl. There is also a study using American Ginseng (which is a less stimulating form of ginseng than Siberian supposedly) to lower prolactin levels."

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/high-prolactin-causes-severe-fatigue.24117/

It should not be difficult to be tested for prolactin, as hyperprolactinemia is a known side effect of Invega; therefor, the test for it would likely be covered by insurance. For anyone who sleeps a solid 18 hours a day or suffers from sexual dysfunction, maybe requesting a prolactin level would be a good idea. It is something that can remain high weeks or months after discontinuing Invega.

Status
Not open for further replies.