Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
your not keeping the picture in the correct focus i believe my lil lady killer. if i may, the poison and all that.

your brain is your organ. it was made differently then other brains in creation only to say that it is yours. what you did with it after that has shaped how you wish to live life and shown a part of who you genuinely are.

therefor it is "tainted" so to speak or it has it's own lens it views life through. i will "borrow" a mods signature here to nail the point down. "We don't see things the way they are, we see things the way we are."

so if we were to stick my or awesome31311's info from our interpretation center into your brain the voices would sound way different and you would go mad trying to just accept let a lone correlate why they sound different.

they speak to you the way they do so they are more familiar. those with more acute voices do not make sense of them because they sound alien to them.

you have relief when a loved one tells you everything is going to be ok because it is familiar to you, the experience of them and bad things in your life. if a stranger were to do it, it would just sound odd at first even if they are right.

you don't know me from joe blow or jane doe walking down the street but because you read my words for so long they click with you better than when someone comes running in claiming to have the antidote right? if even it's your first day here and you read all my posts. other people click with other like minded people here for the same social reasons.

make sense?

on a logistics level it's the recpetor of the brain not accessing the info correctly but biologically speaking i'm still working out the math on it. we just don't know enough about how the brain works.

don't forget sometimes people live through traumatic events or things like strokes and end up talking languages other people didn't know they knew. they didn't practice it in the first place but the brain retains more info than most are comfortable with and everyone is predisposed to one form of thinking or another. different languages are different structures of how the brain works hence how the culture they came from survived through the ages in their own way.

Six hours since I took the pacitane. The akathisia has gone from being insane to being somewhat manageable, but not 100% gone. It is also making me feel stoned with my eyes and mouth wide open

@Neuroleptique33 no I unfortunately do not feel any emotion. I do laugh without it feeling so forced, I can cry a few tears but not one of those really good cries you know the one that swells your eyes and gives you a good night sleep. I think out of all the side effects the one that worries me most is not hearing my thoughts. I miss being able to escape into my mind and my intellect. As far as not having any emotion its helped me get through these psych appointments where I know they are intentionally trying to piss me off, just for a reaction so they can justify increasing my meds or keep me on the court order longer. My last shot was at the end of July so that's about 5 months off. How are you doing?

Me it's now 35 days now be 1 month and 1 week, the same I hate not to hear my voice inside I really hope that all this is not permanent .. @nvegasux @awesome

I took Risperdal 1 month and an injection of xeplion knowing that just with the Risperdal I was already in the cabbage, and it overdosed me..

@LifeAfterInvega: that's nice to have you here. Merry christmas. I am glad you feel better than pre invega. I am in the pre recovery phase when you have the windows and feel almost normal.

Peace

Had two or three windows, unfortunately I can't work out yet. I have 50% of my normal strength. The biggest improvements were noticed mentally. It has been something like 7 days I have a clear mind, no depression, anxiety, irritability which is very nice considering how I felt 2 months ago.

@LifeAfterInvega: same for my testosterone. I do the no fap challenge for 60 days. I read it can boost the testosterone up to 45 per cent.

Taking pacitane alone won't help you to get emotions and your right it helps only with akathisia and restlessness and stablon will help to get back all vivid emotions and stablon must be taken in morning and pacitane in night and don't over dose

Merry Christmas everyone! Trust in your body, nature and God. We will all heal in time. Much love and continued healing to all of you. May Yeshuah bless us.

happy holidays, merrry christmas, happy hanukkah, a great Eid Al-Fitr, feliz navidad, happy kwanzaa, merry festivus, merry st nichiolas day, happy boxing day and best wishes for seasonal and winter holidays to everyone. (some of those are late or early but best of intentions really.)

happy new year and omisoka coming soon.

Does anyone know how long the invega treatment is suppose to be? Like would they give shots forever?

@Aiden21: in the aspect of psychiatry think of invega/xeplion like any other psych med. for those who it would benefit to take it and if it helps alleviate whatever ails them then the treatment plan is left between the patient and doctor. there is no set time limit. however long a person needs to take a psych med in order to manage their symptoms and be effective and happy in their life.

this looks different for everyone on a case by case basis. some only need psych meds for a short time, months to a few years. others benefit from long term consumption of a medication. whatever that looks like for each patient.

no two people are the same and no two diagnosis are the same even if they are under the same disorder. whatever works best for the person.

Hi all, merry christmas to everyone. Im a person that has been a part of this thread 2 years ago because i got put on risperidone and it really fucked me up. But since that time i recovered from the risperidone, where i was laying in bed and feeling like shit all the time, i went back to feeling normal. However....

So its kind of hard to say where the continuation of my story goes, i was hearing voices after i recovered from the meds of risperidone for a good while, but i mostly kept it to myself. Im sure you guys could understand why i would have kept those things to myself, given the fact that i got put on rispideridone before, and if you ever tell anyone that your hearing voices then everyone instantly just wants to put you on antipsychotic drugs regardless of if you actually want to take them or not. So yeah i was living my life for the past 2 years or so, hearing things, but also doing my own thing. I honestly didnt think the things i was hearing were not real i was thinking people were spying on me with satellites, ppl must of hacked my laptop, and i was famous, you know, the usual shit ppl start thinking when they hear things, oh, and i was thinking maybe im communicating with ghost/spirits or whatever, you know how those things go.

Well at some point, in april or so this year, i decided to open up to my family that im hearing things all the time. I just thought maybe i should be honest with someone about it as opposed to hiding it all the time, cause i just couldnt handle it anymore, and keeping it a secret all the time was getting overwhelming. So naturally my parents try doing all these things i dont want to do. Made me see some naturopathic doctor who gave me some natural remedies or whatever to take for a month, it just made me really calm but did nothing for the hearing things, i didnt want to take those things but my parents would just force me to take them anyways, it got rediculous.

Oh wait, before the naturopath shit, my parents actually sent me to a mental hospital, you know how that shit goes. mom calls the police saying son is acting crazy, cops come, take you away, take you to a hospital, doctor sees you for a minute and decides to have you comitted for 24 hours, then it gets moved to 72 hours, then it got moved to two weeks. during the stay in the mental hospital, the nurses were trying to give me pills to take each night, but i would keep it under my tongue and flush it down the toilet. Also at some point during my visit i had a meeting with a Rights Advisor, and i was able to get out in 2 weeks thanks to him, because i told him i wanted a tribunal meeting, and the psychs would prefer to have me released then to deal with a tribunal meeting i suppose.

So AFTER the mental hospital is when my parents decided to take me to the naturopath, so what happened was i told my parents around a month of taking the naturopath meds, i dont wanna take the naturopath shit anymore cause its making me feel like shit, so they said if i dont take it im going to end up in a mental hospital again. So a few days later my mom calls the cops on me again and there i was back at the mental hospital. However this time i wasnt able to flush the pills down the toilet, as it seems they caught on that i wasnt taking them, so i would swallow them and then make myself forcibly gag to get it out of my system, which im honestly not sure if it worked or not. I was planning to see a rights advisor again to get the fuck out of there but this time he never came to me. SO around 2 weeks in the mental hospital, i think 2.5 weeks tbh, i had a meeting with the psychiatrist my parents, some social worker, where everyone was teaming up against me trying to force me to get on an injection, i was adamently against it, oh btw in the mental hospital they were giving me abilify 20mg, and were trying get me to get i believe a 300mg injection of abilify equivalent. The psych was saying im schizophrenic and that i HAVE to take antipsychotics for ever, you know that whole bullshit speech. being teamed up by ev1 i wound up getting the abilify injection, in return, i was allowed to leave the mental hospital. SO after i got the injection, i noticed that my energy was just completely zapped away, i couldnt talk, i had slurred speech, i couldnt walk properly, like i had a problem with moving my neck. SO those side effects, the neck, and slurred speech, lasted approximately a month and then went away. But the whole energy feeling zapped, feeling like sick, and not really feeling a want to talk, has been ongoing. I received this injection sometime in June, and now its december and im still feeling like shit, waiting for this thing to fix already so i can move on with my life. On one note, im not hearing shit anymore, but the effects of this med is far worse then hearing shit, like no comparisson, and hearing shit was hell too. So im doing the whole staying home, not working thing, wasting my life currently on the computer, just waiting to feel better and all basically.

Allright thats all for now, any comments or questioned are welcomed, my apologies for if this is not written well, i havnt been able to write well since all this has happened.

EDIT- Little fun story, so during my first trip to the mental hospital, right before i got admitted, i tried making an escape, i did a run, they did the whole, on speaker "cold blue cold blue" i knew which way to go by following the exit arrows, as i opened the door to the exit( its a pull door not push) a security guard closed that door, then some security guards knocked me to the ground, proceeding with security guards handcuffing me, taking me to a secluded room, where they injected me with some shit, and then proceeded to strap me to a bed, where my legs and arms are all strapped, i the injection knocked me out, so i noticed im strapped after i woke up. I was in this state for around 10 hours i would say, and then after they proceeded to move me to "intensive care".

Last edited:
another blast from the past. thanks for stopping in and giving us an update Gdvffh.

spreading some hope around for recovering from risperidone.

sorry you went through all of that. since you were last here we discovered that there are 4 psych med injections that are all pretty similar in how people suffer. invega, abilify, zyprexa and haldol. i think when you were around we figured out haldol could be as bad for some as invega is. risperidone being the same active ingredient as invega but it hit the market before the poison did.

good news is there are people who have fully recovered from that as well.

your not on risperidone anymore but feel free to hang around if it helps and maybe whatever anyone finds to help them will help you and vice versa.

thanks invegauser

while i was at the hospital i was thinking invega sustenna is the worse one, and i was lucky that i was only on abilify, even now i must admit that what im expierencing this time around is not as bad as compared to when i was on risperidone, or perhaps i got used to it so it just didnt seem as bad as the 1st time around. I know alot of ppl have said this b4, but these drugs are just such bullshit, and the whole system is shit, like even if you KNOW these drugs are bad, it dosnt prevent you actually getting put on them. Like the way these psychiatrist diagnose you is rediculous, they would literally spend 1 minute a day with me, and then after come with conclusion that im "schizophrenic".

Also i just hate the whole system, like im an adult how can you just force me to go to a mental hospital against my will and force me to take meds against my will, and these meds are the biggest bullshit ever, and the taxpayers are funding us taking these meds which rob us of are life, its madness, that this nonsense it actually real. Also idk how you guys feel, but the way we feel isnt really something you can talk about to other ppl, like my parents definately dont comprehend that these meds fucked me up and all that, also you dont really wanna tell others youve been in a mental hospital and got on meds as they will think that your insane, so its something you kind of need to keep inside as its not something ppl can relate to unless they experience.

Last edited:
@nybryx: it seems today i'm going to get the closure on my moms death finally! i'm in a dark place from the atrophy letting up and the repressed experiences from my trial with the poison coming to the surface but you know what... that's a good thing. being able to come to terms with moms passing after so many years and getting back in touch even with the negative aspects of being human is something i will look forward to as an obstacle to overcome. make me who i am and a better person for it. i know this anger is going to give way to grief in the next 12 hours. until then i just have to accept, maintain and when confronted with the choice; make the best one so i can stick it to invega and live my life fully again. good step in overcoming the atrophy. hope all is well with you. kinda miss you boss. much love.

@Gdvffh: it's good your experiencing less problems than some who have taken abilify do, even better it sounds like it's less than invega and risperidone.

that's a healthy vent you got there and that's what this thread encourages.

even as adults we are sometimes deemed as a potential danger to others and ourselves. that's the legal loophole and in some cases i'm glad it's there. in other cases it's neglect and ignorance to keep doing this to people so i agree with you there.

the saying still holds true, you don't know what's its like unless you've taken it. your post is a clear cut example of this.

you know i don't endorse or deny psychiatry for what might help someone, it's whatever works because i've seen meds help and hurt, i've seen other avenues taken help and hurt. i'm personally watching a friend withdraw from psych meds right now and it's tormenting him. idk what his reason is but i hope it's for the best, he finds relief soon and he finds an option that helps him with his mental illness when his withdrawals are over with so he can be happy and do the things he wants to do in life.

i don't give in to the idea that psychiatry is trying to make money off of these drugs but i'm having a hard time trying to place one reason on why so much carelessness is going on. what i do know is that people are dealing with what's happened to them the best they can (you included) and that's all that can be done for this moment and also the best choice to make.

the system is pretty screwed up and not perfect but it's a work in progress. i hope they get some details polished up soon because watching people go through this for the last 8+ years and still to this day is starting to take a toll on me.

i recommend arming yourself with knowledge by figuring out which psych meds are best to steer clear from. unless it's court ordered i suggest people get more involved with their therapy program, it will not only be a good sign to the psychiatry community that they are taking progressive steps to better themselves but it will also show that a person is invested in making their life better and would be more relatable and understood when they bring up complications with medications or the refusal of certain ones. i.e. they will be more likely to hear you out and understand in the hopes of trying something else that is easier to deal with if complications should arise again. one example is taking pills over injections, much easier to get out of your system if your having a negative interaction from it.

hang in there Gdvffh. your going to get through this too. your strong, you beat risperidone, you will get past abilify.

Status
Not open for further replies.