Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My psychiatrist didn't even build tolerance with the pills first. In a two minute discussion all he asked me was if I had heard of Invega Sustenna. I said I didn't want the injection but he pressured me into it anyway.

^ ya, we can't say things like that cause it seems like we're threatening people. there are healthier ways to vent. hang in there.

@Empty1128: that's good your attending a professional course. have you tried closing your eyes and just listening. it seems to me that the visual cortex is strained while on the poison and when it's given time to relax the rest of the brain works better. idk, it could've just been my experience.

Had 1 shot june of 2014. Receptors still crap. Have tried everything. Depression is stronger these last few months than ever before.

@dirtyinvega

What kind of Job do you work full time?

A job where you have to concentrate a lot? (like programmers or similar, ...?)

@Aiden21: very sorry to hear that. I really hope you're gonna get better soon.

Day 206

Still doing good today. I am going to try pomegranate juice if I find some at the mall. The vinegar helped me quite a lot lately.
I will go apply for my dream job next week.

Best regards

@dirtyinvega

What kind of Job do you work full time?

A job where you have to concentrate a lot? (like programmers or similar, ...?)

I work in retail. So lots and lots of physical work and I also use the forklift in the back-dock - so I have to have fair bit of concentration. My memory is not as good as pre-invega. But I do remember about fair bit of work-related stuff at work. I struggle little bit. But I work the best I can. My direct boss is a awesome bloke. So he understands. One of my hobbies is Linux coding. I'm not as good as before. But its getting easier. As the time goes by. One very important thing I have to do to work full time is get enough sleep. I like to get about 10 hours sleep a night. I drink about 5 or 6 cups of coffee aday and that helps me get through the day. :)

Had 1 shot june of 2014. Receptors still crap. Have tried everything. Depression is stronger these last few months than ever before.

I'm so so sorry your still going though this nightmare. Depression is a weird thing. It's a thing we do in mind where self reflect on our self and the past and we think that's bad and we feel down about it. Even though we can't change it now. You have to look a ahead of time and think. Nothing stays the same forever - things always change in the future. Please don't self reflect on the past because you can't change it mate now. Just push on and go with the flow. :) Keep your chin up mate. :)

@Empty1128: touche'. i was thinking cause in high school i could just sit there and look down at my book while the teacher was talking. they left me well enough alone which i was thankful for cause i didn't need them pointing out i was one of the non dumb people in the class as i was already way different than other people back then. i was trying to keep in mind this is a public forum when i responded to your post and seeing if there was something that could help anyone else.

what your describing with the eyes if i'm not mistaken isn't depersonalization but a maybe a bleariness with the vision that is odd to experience but it is a good sign in healing cause it's a transition from the hold the poison had on the body back to a homeostasis it's use to again. maybe it's just the way your brain keeps track of time and reality going on around it resetting as well. maybe both my friend. xeplion is some powerful stuff.

@Aiden21: depression is no fun but if you've stopped taking the other meds like risperidone and olanzapine a few months ago then that's probably a good sign the meds have run their course and the effect they had on your is over. CBD is a wonder drug but also can lead to depression if you've stopped taking it. hopefully you can finish up the rest of the healing in the upcoming months and put this all behind you very soon. hang in there.

@zack365: err meh gewrd. i didn't mean lead, that lead feeling is when we suffer the most. i mean when you don't feel your full strength do you feel a numbness or a weakness in your muscles?

Last edited:
Aiden, I know it may seem easy what I'm going to say, but if it's a matter of mind state and not the neuroleptics that attacks our emotions to have no more said you that it can be regulated only by yourself , doing sports etc ...

Tell yourself that you can go out but di you do nothing you will stay in your depression, however if you made the welcome anhedonia welcome to the club and it's crazy for a bite ..

Have someone ever thought about stamcell-transplantation, that they maybe could make new receptor-cells in the brain?

Day 25/90:

Got some more studying done, brain is certainly not the same. I am still dissociating/feeling detached from the invega sustenna. Doing the math I should have less than 100mg of invega in my system right now. Tried listening to music while studying and it did not work at all. Have not enjoyed music like I used to since I got the injection. I have run out of ways to say that this injection has ruined my life, but at least I'm rediscovering a purpose in life, which is a positive experience. As Stephen Hawking said, as long as there is life, there is hope.

Day 207

Feeling good today. I bought the pomegranate juice and I am happy with it. I'd say it makes me feel 10% better. Now it may not be the antidote we are looking for but I definitely recommend it.

what your both (Empty1128 and zack365) experiencing is typical and good sign in healing then. baby steps towards the goal but it is happening. good to hear. this too shall pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.