Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Steph78: thanks for answering my question earlier. i seem to be cold but not as much as before. just like the other effects/symptoms coming in waves the cold seems to be passing. gonna try coffee this week, just got some more.

your gonna feel dat smoke again. you and i both have felt it this last year a few times. your just getting a lil bummed out and it sucks, feel for ya. hang in there.

Hi... I also have been suffering from invega. I was dosed a booster shot n a 234 mg shot. U feel much better now??? Hope I will. What was your does btw?? Curious. I jus need hope

To tell you briefly my story, I had one year ago a brief psychotic disorder (BPD) due to a burnout (university) and a big emotional shock (problems). This BPD lasted only 3 days because it's not a disease (my diagnosis was only a BPD) just a psychiatric accident. At the hospital, even though they saw that in 3 days I recovered from this shock, they put me on 4 drops of Risperdal/day during 2 weeks. The dose was so weak that the only side effects were sleepiness and appetite, I didn't have anhedonia and wasn't emotionless.
When the doctors decided that it was time for me to return home, they switched the drops for the evil injection of Invega Sustenna because when I was hospitalized I was against the treatment, as a former med student I think the drugs work only on the body not the mind & soul, if they say the contrary it means that those drugs are poison that mess everything in the brain.
Fortunately since I accepted the injection I didn't got the status of forced treatment so I stopped it after the 3rd month of poisoning, against my psychiatrist choice (she wanted 2 years of poisoning !).
And here we are !
In 2 weeks it will be 10 months off this evil poison.
when I had the injections I had insomnia, it was hard for me to concentrate/read or even talk since I couldn't reflect ! I had anhedonia, had no interests, no emotions nor motivation. As a consequence I had to take a break from university, time for me to stop the treatment and recover my capacities.
Now at the 10 months mark, I recovered my sleep, my thoughts, my focus, interests and fortunately my motivation! I just need my emotions to come back. One month ago I had big waves of emotions but they only lasted 2 weeks, I guess it's because a new wave of poison stored in my blood came to block again my receptors! According to my half lives calculations, in 5 days I'll have around 4.3mg of invega sustenna left in my body, it will be the 6th half life (300 days off this poison).
I need to ask what was you dose. It's been 8 months for me. Is there hope??

@electicdancerdip: welcome to the thread. miss Decisive is studying and doing well in her life again. she will pop in from time to time to offer support and hope.

you took the starter dose plus one more. that is within the average healing range and you will recover. everyone does. we have a few here who are very close to being fully healed themselves.

drinking plenty of water, eating as healthy as you can and exercise if you can. invega draws a line, some of us are active and some are not. even if you can't exercise try taking short walks once a day. niacin, tumeric and saint john's wort helps, that last one only works on half of those who take it. vitamins ease the suffering so does natural caffeine like coffee or tea. staying distracted and coming here to vent, relate or read up on success stories will help the healing process as well.

your not alone, we all experience a loss of hope but it is only temporary. you will be you again once you are fully healed. everything returns to normal.

we understand what you are going through, only those who take the poison do, we find solace in each other here. we are trying to find the antidote and have found somethings that help make this easier or speed up the recovery process.

the rest of those here will chime in and and say hello in time as we are from all over the world. feel free to ask questions and share your story if you would like to. not everyone here has a mental illness, some only had drug induced psychosis and were forced on the poison as well.

hang in there. it does get better.

I need to ask what was you dose. It's been 8 months for me. Is there hope??

Hello! Since you only had two doses I would assume you're not that far from recovery. Maybe at the one year mark, you'll have improved a lot and who knows maybe recovered. If you're like me and do sports regularly then it could get the poison out a little faster.

Good luck

Day 100

Memory and imagination getting better each day. I know I said I'd recover before the four months mark but I'll be cautious this time and say that 50 solid days with sport, niacin and a daily routine will get me there.
Luckily, I have a part time job and college will restart very soon here in France.
Just having a daily routine and living life makes me forget sometimes about the poison.
The days I feel best are the days when I had a good night of sleep, we shouldn't underestimate the importance of sleep in the process of detoxification.

Alright listen up:

Day 318th ish,
Today is the first day my voice started to come back to normal, i forgot i had a somewhat deep voice. I literally walk around talking in a higher pitched voice. Its a slight difference but its a sign my body is starting to get comfortable with itself again, i think idk. Kinda like maybe my testosterone is getting higher and back to normal. And its not just me i checked and found out AP?s can affect the vocal chords u use, just like how it affects the muscles (contractions etc.).

I had to stop working out today bc i got another injury. I used to get tons of issues when i worked out still under heavy dosages of invega and id get blisters and bone/joint pain, annoying shit. Im just mad bc working out always makes me feel better, almost like theres less invega after each run.

Still micro dosing of weed about every orher day.

My last thing to mention is how my skin gets so many pimples from this poison STILL. So annoying...

Wait one more last thought- you probably are at the finish line with coming off invega the first day you can take a solid nap

Day 101

Everyday I get better, every I see improvements but it's annoying how this crap seems to never end. Patience is not a strength I have. I wonder if some people see good things from this experience. The most important isn't necessarily to be 100% healed but simply enjoying life, being in a good mood each day. Even this, is 10 times harder to feel under invega.

Saying that you're smoking low-quality cannabis isn't sexist, nor does it make me a pervert. But you clearly must be dabbing or smoking low-quality product if you can't feel it at all, the effects of cannabis won't disappear into non-existence because you've been injected with invega sustenna, it didn't for me and didn't for many other people. Many people have said that they feel cannabis differently or to a lesser extent, but nobody says that they can't feel it at all except you. You're not a victim so try shaking off your victimhood complex. Why would you take 6 months worth of injections unless you're court ordered? Being court ordered to take medication is actually an extremely arduous process which warrants a high standard, this speaks volumes about who you are as a person.

P.S: I believe in gender equality, I do not believe in giving people preferential treatment on the basis of their gender, therefore you pulling the "woman card" means absolutely zilch to me.
I can think of a few reasons why you're out of line. I smoked cannibis a number of times on and off Invega well enough to know there is a vast difference. Though I did feel something as opposed to nothing, apply this to a number of people who have probably not ingested the number of psychedelics as me and it's easy to see WHY they would experience either nothing or next to nothing. (doing psychedelics can alter the effects of subsequent smoking of cannibis)

I guess the duration I was on Invega 'speaks leagues about me' as well. Since you seem to know so much about her situation I guess you know mine pretty well too. There are a number of reasons why simply opting to not take the drug is not really an option. Some of us don't/didn't have a choice even if we weren't court ordered. The medication's design is proof enough. It was designed partly for people who either don't take their medication or don't remember to.

I agree with her. You're 100% healed. This is no place for you.

to the room: for the first time in over 8 years all these things happened on the same night. i slept 8 hours, slept during the night time, had deep sleep, multiple dreams, stayed asleep, didn't wear ear plugs and all my windows were open. it was a great night.

smoking cigarettes, some drugs and almost all medications you get from a doctor deplete calcium from your bones. it has to be taken into account on degrees because even the sun takes some from the bones so the body can turn it into vitamin D (if i remember correctly) and it's a natural process that doesn't leave you with completely hollow bones. medications like antibiotics even deplete a very small amount of calcium to be used to digest and distribute it but that amount is very tiny and not in danger of making your bones brittle.

some meds (and even street drugs) actually do this more than others do as well as reduce the amount of enamel on your teeth like acidic acids do. invega/xeplion is just such one but your not gonna break your bones every time you jump. taking vitamins, drinking milk and eating dairy products help replenish it though enamel we do not make more of. when we lose our baby teeth the teeth that grow in it's place actually poke out with enamel coated on them. brushing your teeth and rinsing at least once a day is a smart move. pre-poison i brushed, flossed and rinsed twice a day. not enough and you have dental problems, too much and you can erode the enamel and teeth. we're all different, some are born with weaker or stronger bones than others, some more or less enamel than others. adjust your healing process accordingly.

and yes, there is more dopamine produced and found in the stomach than the brain, it's where the majority of it is. i've never done in depth research on this or the above sentences but i will here soon and might need to edit some of this. until then from what i know nothing to worry about. just focus some parts of the healing on these two topics to ensure your tip top when healed. good thing i've been eating yogurt and drinking lots of water during the healing process, good call Hellohihey2.

@zack365 and @robe11: you have fun on your dates you lucky devils you?

to the room: read and re-read this until you form your own thoughts on what to do.

we all have a hard enough time as it is, the only two things we need to keep in mind outside of the rules of this site are 1. your personal healing comes first and foremost above anything in this world. 2. the sanctity of this thread is for everyone. that being said those who disrupt it are being disrespectful and their actions are their own. we can't control them and we are only in control of ourselves. we are stronger together during this trial regardless of stressful influences whether from within or without. ask questions and talk with each other via PM, in this thread or somewhere else to better understand and organize to make effective decisions in the healing process for yourselves and each other.

we have a unique situation here. invega/xeplion wasn't invented until the last 9 years and no one knows what it's like unless they have taken it. the mods and admins have their hands full here and are doing a great job but they have a hard time understanding what we go through. we've had members in the past who were not on invega and we cleaned house because this thread is specifically for coming off invega. we've had those who suffer in the past over do things and it has brought the thread down some but we don't break our own code when others suffer no matter how much they do. in the past we have helped them one way or another to understand and they have adjusted accordingly. each time it is up to that particular batch of sufferer's to handle the situation like it is up to you now.

i asked both mods of mental health to keep the original thread around and also broke protocol with an admin to ask the same thing. those who suffer are all welcomed here until they break the BLUA's of this site. http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA) and the TOU's of this forum http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/670006.

please remember that stress is not conducive to the healing progress and that even though quiet a few of us are american, that this site grants freedoms to posters that are not quiet what we have but a lil more than they are use to in their respective countries. we have people reading this without even creating an account or posting and we also have a few new members who we don't want to create more confusion and chaos for since they are just beginning to understand what it is they are going through regardless of what part of the healing process they are in.

trolls are trolls no matter where you go. the important thing is not to feed into them. you can say whatever you want to their face for both the good and the bad but until they understand and want to change their minds you can't force them to. the best way to deal with a situation like this is to ignore someone. they have every right granted by this site to post here and i feel for anyone suffering regardless of my personal feelings for them. that doesn't mean anyone has to listen to them. when one gets under your skin you walk away, ignore them, find a way to distract yourself and don't let them get the best of you. it is vital to your healing process as stress makes it much worse, especially if it's unnecessary.

the reason i asked the two mods and the admin to keep the old thread from being pruned is for the critical information, support and hope it provides for people suffering from such a potent and experimental drug. the information contained in that one and this one prove exactly what HateInvega is saying is wrong. i feel bad for Steph78 for being targeted by HateInvega but it is her choice to respond accordingly. it is our choice to support her.

i choose to support Steph78 so here's what i know which can be verified through the thousands of posts of real people who have gone through what we have and fully healed to live their lives again.

i am a negative exception. i was put on the pill for two years before i was put on the injection. the reason i was put on the pill is because i had to trade it for another pill i desperately need. the lady seen i was labeled with a diagnosis, had a suicide attempt and drug usage in my past. she said if i take the invega pill i can have my other one still prescribed to me. by the time i was off the invega pill the damage was done, i did not have the ability to make clear choices for myself and when they put me on the injection even though i signed a piece of paper stating i knew what i was doing legally with clear sound of mind, it was still not right for me to be on it (especially since i was drugged and coerced) and there is nothing i can do even if a lawsuit is filed against the makers of it. i stopped the invega injection because i could tell something was not right beyond a point of no return, i was literally going to do permanent damage or worse. i did all of this in hopes of finding a solution to my condition in which no one knows anything about, is very confusing and that this one pill i needed helps to alleviate one symptom of it. if i could go back and do it all over again without taking the poison i would, i can't change the past so i will continue to not stop no matter what until i'm healed.

pill: first year 3 - 6 mg twice a day on average. second year was 6mg twice a day. injection: booster injection 234mg then a week later 156mg. 2 more injections at 117 mg followed by 7 more injections at 156mg. 5 years healing. all this equals 8 years and counting invega/xeplion time. again i'm a negative exception and the only one i've found so far. even those less fortunate than the average healers have it better off than me. i try to find everything i can, pass the info off to you guys and relate the best i can. i do not wish to be a negative exception and i'm sure i'm not the only one. it angers me anytime i hear anyone is put on the poison and has a negative reaction.

we all have our own reasons for being on the poison, some are demanded, some are tricked, some are court ordered, some have psychotic induced episodes due to drug use and some are for the sake of finding what helps with mental illness. share them if you want to and not if you don't but pleas support Steph78 however you can. we are all suffering from something that wasn't right one way or another even if there are those who don't suffer from it like we do. what i do know from personal experience and from evidence of thousands of posts is that the receptor targeted leaves us without hope temporarily, it does not allow us to experience drugs like we use to until we are close to being fully healed or actually healed and it does not always allow us to make correct decisions like we use to. that is why we toss these ideas off each other here among other reasons.

trolls are trolls and they weasel their way out of accepting things by reasoning everything away. it doesn't make it less true and yes, they are very narrow and near sighted when it comes to thinking in terms of the mind, that doesn't mean you have to be. you can feed into them or you can ignore them. making the right choice for yourself and for the whole thread is what is important here, not asserting whether one person is correct or not and making them see this because there are better ways to go about correcting and helping someone. we need to get this thread back on topic and a place where we find solace from each other, where we share info, we vent, we find things that work, we look for the antidote and where we lend support and the correct info to those who come seeking help during such a dark time in their life.

now if you'll excuse me i was having a really good f**king day until this happened and i'm choosing to ignore some a**hat who doesn't realize they are making things worse for others who are in the same place as them by walking away and distracting myself (as you all once suggested to me). i do the favor and respect back to you by suggesting you all do the same. the choice is yours.

Last edited:
@invegauser, i said it earlier about being able to take a solid nap, that once u can do that you must be at the finishline with invega. The fact that u got a solid uninterrupted 8 hours makes me so happyfor u bc its a sign ur pre invega homeostasis is poking thru. In my experience i got one great night of sleep and that qas like 50 days ago lol so if its anything like me id be curious how u do tonight and the next night. Lol as u probably are used to the disappointment with invegas incidious nature, this might be a breakthrough but might not replicate itself for awhile... so not to be a downer but i do have my fingers crossed that u actually get sleep like this from hereon out, after all, youve definitely done the time.

@Hellohihey2: thank you. ups and downs happen. i don't take it as a downer so no worries.

your one of the ones here showing a lot of improvement lately and all is not lost, a good sign of hope for yourself and others. keep up the good work.

Last edited:
to the room: please allow me to show you by example. you do what you think is right, i'm just giving perspective so you can do what you think is best for you and each other. that is one way how human beings interact and learn imho, i could be wrong:

after lunch i realized i had calmed down enough to accurately gauge again that the good feeling i had earlier is still with me today.

something that before would have dissipated entirely and been replaced with numbness, frustration or some sort of transitional feeling inside the rest of the day.

i've heard from others in the past this is a good sign in healing as the receptor is trying to do what it does naturally again.

Everyone just ignore Hateinvega. He's clearly hopeless and clearly just not gonna get it. I have been contacted by staff, they confirmed that they see what Hateinvega is doing and assured me it will be handled.

Hope everyone's having a great day. TGIF baby!

"Vitamin D's best-known role is to keep bones healthy by increasing the intestinal absorption of calcium. Without enough vitamin D, the body can only absorb 10% to 15% of dietary calcium, but 30% to 40% absorption is the rule when vitamin reserves are normal."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/news...r-health-breaking-old-rules-raising-new-hopes

apparently vitamin d is best produced when the skin is in direct contact with light from the sun. looks like i was wrong in my earlier post. i'm going to log off and get some sun this weekend as september here in the states is getting close to fall and the sun is not as effective.

i know it might be hard for some people being in the sun. i use to have searing pain from it due to invega/xeplion but not anymore, i even have a tan finally.

interesting indeed and your welcome Steph78. i hope everyone has a good weekend and get's some sun too. plus i got to get back into this anime, it got to the really good part. i know, i'm a bit of a nerd. :p

heal quickly. peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.