Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, I'm gonna call it. I think I'm healed. I'm today is the 7th, on the 1st was my 10 months off the injection. I had 6 injections total. 1-156 mg and 5-117 mg I'm not 100% on the mg now but it was right around there. In my 6th month off the shot I felt a huge difference and it only got better from there. Ill never forget that entire experience but I do have gain from it. I have growth from it. I have something to take away. I'm going to stick around for a little while in case anyone wants to chat or has questions.
Just know you are not alone. The people here on thread are here for you. Here for each other. Hang in there. I know it's hard and the light is hard to see but it foggy out, no worries it's going to clear soon. Hang in there. Know, without a doubt, you will heal, you will feel better, you will feel how you did before ever taking invega sustenna. For sure 100% NO ONE IS STUCK. Heal quickly everyone. ?✌?

@invegauser, yea i knew that about dopamine, but i mentioned about 85% of our serotonin comes from our gut. Did u read anything about that?

@specified i have heard Welbutrin can help restore libido to functional when theres a medication induced erectile or libido issue

@steph78 im so happy for u, im still not there yet but i had 12-13 shots so that makes me feel like it makes sense why its taking longer for me than it did u. Next time u smoke, no lie, take a hit for Hellohihey2, the guy who has the same ??last shot? anniversary as u.... ? ?????

Ps i cant believe no ones using the ? emoji... smh...

^those other emojis aren't standard on this site either. maybe an extra download or for your phone. i use a laptop and own a dumb phone.

s.o.b. you did say serotonin. my bad, i'm slipping. invega reality aint letting go fast enough and details are like a blender sometimes.

Serotonin is localized in the enterochromaffin cells of the gastrointestinal mucosa and within neurons in the enteric nervous system. It can be released into the blood or into the lumen of the gut. Serotonin inhibits gastric acid secretion and may be an endogenous enterogastrone. It appears to stimulate the production and release of gastric and colonic mucus. When placed on the serosal surface of the rabbit ileum in vitro, serotonin increases short-circuit current and inhibits the mucosal-to-serosal flux of NaCl. Serotonin potentially is involved in the pathogenesis of diarrhea due to amoebae or cholera. As an enteric neurotransmitter, serotonin affects neural modulation of gut smooth muscle function and may act either directly on mesenteric vascular smooth muscle or through enteric nerves to influence gastrointestinal blood flow. Thus, since serotonin may be involved in multiple physiological processes of digestion, this report reviews and summarizes the role of this ubiquitous substance in the major functions of the gastrointestinal system.

so basically it helps to tell your organs what to do, is part of the make up of mucus (which is the only thing keeping stomach acid from eating through your stomach) and is why you have a "gut feeling". though they don't seem positive on all of this yet as their experiments are done on rabbits and mice/rats... literally.

@robe11: when i read your posts last night to be honest i was taken back. usually only two kind of people talk like you do about mental health and i wasn't sure which one you are. regardless i cannot fathom that outcome until i get to know you. the reason i asked why is two fold. i was trying to elicit a response to see what you would say, like a rorschach test but also left it open to bridge an understanding for later. how does that latter part come into play? first let me say for the former i am healing and not quiet myself. i could've gone about it in a better way and i meant no disrespect. i still wish to continue the conversation if you do as well.

for the latter the first thing that is asked by the science of psychiatry is always why. the basis is to understand the construct of the human condition. after that the word human has lil to do with psychiatry and more to do with how empathizing with ones patients is controversial to some and detrimental to others. but i think like anything else in life it is a balance, moderation if you will. after this comes the understanding of everything from the workings of the mind - social behaviors, social groups, inner self actualizing, outside of self awareness, so on and so forth. why plays an important part in understanding this but is over utilized as it is not to be relied upon constantly and not the only tool at their disposal. basically why gets you more of an understanding of things but only takes you so far. why is not always important.

what you said in your last post yesterday is very astute and i think the exact same thing. based on that psychologists are mental health professionals who use talking and tools of the mind to asses and help patients. where as a psychiatrist is someone who utilizes some understanding of the mind in effective techniques but relies more upon medications and other treatments to help the patient.

talking over a psychotic break or temporary psychosis (after the person has been administered treatment to help them alleviate what they're going through) with someone who is more inclined to understand and help the patient to work through it to benefit themselves by teaching them to recognize it and starting them with mental tools they can use is not only more reliable for the continued success of the patient but like you say considering the current meds that are available, a more humane approach. those here who have drug induced psychotic breaks can relate because they don't have a mental illness and therefor do not need psych meds. unless of course they have a mental illness and had a drug induced psychosis, not saying they have to take meds; what i'm saying is it's dangerous for those who don't need to take them to be subjected to taking them.

that's part of my definition on what a drug is. if street drugs reinforce negative patterns and habits, re-wire the brains pathways in negative ways and cause us to do stupid things then why is a non perfected psych med any less different? that is a conversation for another time though.

unfortunately mental health is pretty tight lipped and does not share these "secrets and techniques" with other branches of science and medicine. i can understand why as in the wrong hands a lil information can be a dangerous thing but that is why i posted yesterday about doctors (and nurses) in the E.R. would benefit from learning to diagnose when someone is having a psychotic break or temporary psychosis. it's not rocket science and matter of fact quiet a few of the people i've hung out and have done drugs with recognize this when someone else is going through it and puts them in check or consoles them through it depending on what type of person they are and how they handle situations. these people are not medically trained professionals but long term drug users who have experience in seeing someone freak out. interesting contrast is it not?

Last edited:
@Specified: how are you doing today shades? last night happen or roll into today? as per your question do you have stiff muscles? (zack365 might be on to something there)

@Hellohihey2: all the things i mentioned in my sleep post yesterday happened last night again. sleep was a lil more torrent than the night before but it was definitely good. so it is part of the down of the ups and downs but until we are fully healed that is to be expected. you didn't jinx me and you also called it, you must be getting aware of patterns and doing your research. starting to get adept at this, that's a good sign for you.

@zack365: thanks for letting me know, my memory is resetting in the here and now part of reality, so sometimes i get details confused. keep working on the healing and i'm sure you'll be fine. remember not all of them can be keepers, that's why it's likened to fish in the sea. not connecting is just like not getting a bite on the hook. having fun makes it worth it even if she's not a keeper.

@robe11: why? no stiff muscles

@Steph78: didn't you experience this in the last week or two? did it go away or has it stuck around this whole time?
yesterday moening rolled into the rest of the day. break today. no stiff muscles

@specified i have heard Welbutrin can help restore libido to functional when theres a medication induced erectile or libido issue
I found half a pack in my room but read it can cause seizures but since i'm on Keppra for seizures and take meth and tagamet which both can cause seizures and I haven't had anything close to a seizure I suppose it's ok.

What dose of Wellbutrin do you suggest for Libido? I have the 150mg ones

How does Wellbutrin go with meth?
Don't think i'm going to keep taking Wellbutrin. I took one about three hours ago and am shaking more than normal.

Last edited:
@invegauser: speaking from my experience it would have been nice to see a psychologist during my psychotic episode. What I desperately needed during that period was someone to unpack my psychosis and put things in perspective. Before I even knew what psychosis was they had already injected me with invega. I truly believe with the right guidance from a psychologist I would have been able to make sense of everything and snap out of it. Obviously, I can't guarantee this type of treatment will be successful for everyone but it's certainly worth investigating. Invega is gaining traction as the number one medication for treating psychosis and it's frustrating to see more people everyday being injected with this stuff. After what I've been through this year I take it personally.

Tomorrow is my appointment with doctor to tell him I want to stop taking invega. Kinda nervous that it will turn into a big ordeal. I guess it doesn't really matter what he says because the decision is mine and I'm the one that has to live with the consequences of taking the medication.

My mother kinda freaked out about me stopping my meds she is worried I'll become how I used to be but I feel more stable now and don't think I will have the same amount of symptoms that I used to have. Won't really know until I stop the meds though. She seems to want me to try researching natural health approaches to mental health so I might end up trying niacin like some of the other people here in order to keep her calm about this.

Hoping withdrawal isn't too bad also!

@specified ok nvm if ur taking meth then dont take welbutrin, its gunna fuck ur dopamine receptors over. But consider it if u ever stop the meth

Day 103

Today is a good day, was able to enjoy studying and boxing more than I ever did in the past 3 months. Niacin is good, running is fine but nothing beats working out. I feel better after each workout.

And having a daily routine instead of laying on the couch all day is also very important for the mind.

to the room: i PM'd two mods and they will do what they think is best.

until a decision is reached please ignore HateInvega's posts as he seems to be a disruption to the thread. consider it an exercise because you have and will meet people like this irl.

this place is a safe place during a very bad and misunderstood time for anyone who finds they need use of this thread and that is what's most important. it is not for just anyone one of us but the group as a whole.

please continue to go about using this thread as you see fit to help you in the healing process. please do not report posts by HateInvega or PM the mods about it, we've hassled them enough and they are aware of the situation.

i'm going to refrain from posting until a decision has been made and if necessary leave this thread as i seem to be one of the sources of the problem. the rest of you come first. forward always.

heal quickly everyone. peace.

3rd night in a row i slept with the windows open, slept during the night, dreamed, deep sleep and didn't wear ear plugs. only got 6 hours but no complaints. still feels good silly as that sounds.

last two days the poison has clouded my judgement and it's a work in progress but it is slowly coming together. getting the use of faculties back is worth it.

3rd night in a row i slept with the windows open, slept during the night, dreamed, deep sleep and didn't wear ear plugs. only got 6 hours but no complaints. still feels good silly as that sounds.

last two days the poison has clouded my judgement and it's a work in progress but it is slowly coming together. getting the use of faculties back is worth it.

Yes, it's rained here the last couple days. Have had windows and doors open enjoying the cool breeze. Not ready for summer to end but excited for jeans and hoodie weather. ?⛅☔?

Status
Not open for further replies.