Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had very tone arms preinvega. It was natural. Been that way since I was a teen. Now, they look completely different. Like the shot deteriorated my muscle. Crazy.

HAHAHA! (real laugh hiding real pain). i got a thin layer of flab all over, i jiggle now and that's a first. it has more to do with not being physically active over the last year.

i lost all the weight from invega (i have a high metabolism too) and we all gain/lose weight from the trial.

good news is no more flab from the poison messing with you. bad news is, it's time to work it girl.

i'm no Adonis but i'm considered athletic by today's standards. when i'm not sporting the dad bod.

the first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club.

(ppsssttt. thanks for answering the question. mine itched and was sometimes painful for the first year or two but it is not anymore)

HAHAHA! (real laugh hiding real pain). i got a thin layer of flab all over, i jiggle now and that's a first. it has more to do with not being physically active over the last year.

i lost all the weight from invega (i have a high metabolism too) and we all gain/lose weight from the trial.

good news is no more flab from the poison messing with you. bad news is, it's time to work it girl.

i'm no Adonis but i'm considered athletic by today's standards. when i'm not sporting the dad bod.

Ive never had a issue with weight. I weight like 100 pounds.

@Steph78: i could see how it could be taken that way. more self deprecating humor and still polishing up the less is more.

i will try to be more mindful of this.

you looking to tone those arms up again?

@Steph78: i could see how it could be taken that way. more self deprecating humor and still polishing up the less is more.

i will try to be more mindful of this.

you looking to tone those arms up again?

No. I've never done anything to them. It was natural. If it comes back, great. If not, oh well.

Day 97

Still around 90% recovered. Today wasn't a good day, feelings of worthlessness and lack of motivation from depression pulled me away from having a good workout. Other than that, I'm fine.

@nybryx yea i feel u on the bone loss. Its so noticeable in my teeth. They just look fucking horrible. If i wanted to fix all the damage that has been permanently done to my body bc of invega itd be like $7k for gyneclemastia, $5k for extra skin removal, $15-20k for vineers, etc.

Steph78 said:
I'm hot, cold, sweaty. I swear my hands, feet and pits are so sweaty.

you still experiencing this?

i'm freezing most of the time, i heat up slightly sometimes. everyone looks at me like i'm a freak for wearing a hoodie during nice weather.

it's like i just came out of a microwave, cold on the inside hot on the outside.

how long did it last for you?

Its a straight killer of the entire system, dopamine must have several functions, many unknown, and it underpins so many aspects of life and health. It is not ok to meddle with, shrink and lobotomize the most complex thing in the known universe, the human brain.

How was everyone's weekend? Like zack365 I was lucky enough to have a date on Friday night and caught up with friends on Saturday. It took me so many months to work up the courage to speak to a girl or even catchup with lifelong friends. I can't stress the importance of forcing yourself to be social again even if it feels uncomfortable because it's a great confidence builder and dopamine release. Back to work this week, today was really stressful and I have noticed I'm unable to handle stress like I used to pre invega, it's definitely a whole body and mind reaction and I'm fighting to regain control. My hands get sweaty, mouth gets dry, sketchy eyes and mind slows down. Does anyone else experience this? Any tips on handling stress? Finally, physical condition is surprisingly good, no man boobs, no teeth cavities, lost most of the weight, however, there is a persistant layer of fat around my lower stomach that won't go away. Has anyone had success in regaining a flat stomach?

Day 98

I am feeling good but definitely not perfect (90% recovered). The depression (I was told was actually one of the last symptom before the dawn) is a bit overwhelming. I am not truly happy but only distracted from these feelings everytime I am doing any enjoyable activity.

robe11, I'm glad you're able to socialize again. This is true about the dopamine release, I feel "happy" only when I receive a text message from this girl I'm interested in and from close friends.

@Empty dont take kratom if you have tinnitus, just a warning. Hope it gets better

Yea i heard a out kratom helping people kinda get their receptors to work again and feel like they did preinvega but idk if ill do it. Now that u guys say kratom makes the tinnitus worse i probably wont.

Someone just said something about the waves only lasting hours and not weeks or months and that resonates with me. I had a horrible past 24 hours, super angry last night about the shape invega has left my body in and then this morning i had a panic attack when comparing myself to my peers from college and how im doing NOTHING and theyre all successful... shitty... but working out is the only thing that resets me.

Im able to make decent eye contact now! Not great but now i dont seem as sketchy... in maybe 3 months i can see myself easily going shopping by myself and resumig my old life with ease. For example im about to go shopping for my bedroom soon- months go i never wouldve done this bc of my odd invega induced anxiety. Even taking a benzo doesnt help...

Niacin has been helping me, i feel like im cleansing more on top of the working out and the eesiac tea im taking and stuff. Tumeric helps with the invega waves and stuff, also look into probiotics people bc invega RUINS the flora/gut bacteria in ur body and 85% of our serotonin comes from our gut (health).

Looking back at how i was early may, i thought i had one or two half lives left. Now i still think i need 6 more solid months, BUT its finally at the point that ill tolerate it, provided i can muster up my ability to exercise, take my suppliments, and take my cbd to just keep my head above water.

Im getting my muscle back but real talk in the morning my body looks fine/almost normal. But sometimes at night my skin loses firmness and elasticity and also my muscle mass has been warped so in a hyperbolic way i sometimes feel like that woman from Game oF Thrones, the red witch woman, where she takes her necklace off and it reveals her saggy old 80 year old body in true form in the mirror. Thats me some times lmfao.

Kratom is way overrated and it gave me the worst tinnitus for a day i feel for anyone suffering that, i was dealing with bad HPPD at the time so i tried kratom and having tinnitus was way worse than what i was dealing with. Interesting about serotonin coming from the gut the body works in amazing ways

you still experiencing this

i'm freezing most of the time, i heat up slightly sometimes. everyone looks at me like i'm a freak for wearing a hoodie during nice weather.

it's like i just came out of a microwave, cold on the inside hot on the outside.

how long did it last for you?

The sweaty hands, feet and pits ain't really new. I had it pre invega, it was just really bad.
I'm generally a pretty cold person. Get cold easily. I'm one of those people that carries a sweater with me wherever I go cause I know it gonna b cold. However lately I've been very warm. Like very very warm. My husband thinks it's weird. I'm over here over heating and he's comfortable. Lol
I assume it's another part of the shot. Lol I've never had some many little issues.
I'll b happy when this is a memory. I'm in my 10th month now so I'm thinking, I'm close.

Day 99

Depression got better and I'm at a point where I don't have much to say about bad side effects but the good hasn't come back yet. The motivation to work out is almost non-existant. At least, I started to study again and I'm about to go back to college. Woo-hoo.

Niacin has helped with my heavy thoughts and has probably speeded up the process.
Empty1128, I think this is true about curing schizophrenia, at least it's still a heck of a lot better than taking invega.

@Empty1128: cure, fix, heal, make go away; these are all words that are symbolically hopeful but inaccurate in today's world when talking of mental illness.

people "manage their illness or symptoms", they "don't have their illness or symptoms flare up or happen again" and "lead productive lives", this is the new age way of thinking about being "cured" of ones mental illness.

the irony is that the science of psychiatry calls it a mental illness but they admit it is not a virus or disease like the flu or an infection is. they do not have a standard definition of what a mental illness actually is, you can go ahead and ask as many psychiatrists as you like. they all give the same answer: idk. no comment. some random answer. or they list symptoms of mental illness and say how it affects a person living their life and not accomplishing what they want.

my leg hurts and the doctor will tell me it's because the bone is broken. i have a fever and vomiting and the doctor will tell me it's because of the flu. my water breaks and the doctor will tell me to get to the hospital because i'm having a baby. what they can't really say is much about mental illness in general. the science of psychiatry is still very young. it wasn't until about 100 years ago psychiatry came out of the dark ages of locking people up, killing them, lobotomizing them, dangerous procedures and actually starting to understand the science of the mind. (i think it still takes a human touch and that science and logic should not forget the human condition in this aspect.)

they do however rely heavily on something called a DSM - The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders. they make new updated ones every year or so but most psychiatrists actually use the DSM-5 as the most popular go to. psychiatrists around the world use this manual actually. it's a boring read but useful information in there.

mental illness is caused by genetics like getting it from one of your parents genes, environment both physical and psychological, weak DNA and/or brain cells breaking down over time, stress, going through a traumatic experience and a few other factors are being looked into.

all very confusing isn't it?

what you said about "the doctor treated peoples symptoms with" is spot on, nice correction.

i actually did research into that doctor when @poisoned_veins first recommended niacin to everyone, she told us that is where she learned of the niacin from. he believed in using vitamins to help manage symptoms for people with mental illness. he also believes in a few other off the board ideas most psychiatrists and regular doctors don't subscribe to. he was effective in some ways and other ways he wasn't. i still believe that his ideas being more progressive would help further the science as a whole. talking things through, MRI's and psych meds only go so far as they do not work for everyone. (plus any one who suffers from invega knows this to be true for themselves.)

it's a lot to understand, i've condensed some of my life long knowledge in this post. take time to re-read it and further investigate for yourself. i've talked to many psychiatrists over the years, even ones that were not seeing me professionally, done much research in the library and on the net as well as talked with many people with mental illness.

interesting fact: did you know that psychiatrists give people with mental retardation psych meds to see if they help. i have not confirmed it yet by seeing it with my own eyes but i've been told both on the net and by two psychiatrists that two mentally retarded people were given the invega/xeplion injections. another was given the pill form. edit: i probably shouldn't leave this part on such a dark note so i'll let you know besides vitamins and other avenues of life there have been and are trials for treating some mental illness with drugs. like marijuana or marijuana derivatives for schizophrenia. lsd or acid and ecstasy/mdma is on the board for people with emotional mental illness and those with PTSD. even mushrooms (the psychedelic kind). i even heard once that cocaine was used or is being considered to be a trial for one of the mental illness diagnoses but can't prove that.

science is doing it's best and we were all wronged by it here. i've no doubt of that and i never advocate for or against the science of psychiatry. i only support what works and what finds out more of the truth.

hope this helped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.