Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 months ago??? I'm so sorry you're suffering Rosi..... Do you feel any improvements at all? What symptoms are the worst and still noticeable?

The worst is feeling no emotions, have no Dreams, Feeling Not even Depressed.no Hobbies, No Interests, I think it is really the irreversibel blocked Receptor.

@Steph78 man that sucks that you kept taking it for 3-4 months. I cried like a b***h when the side effects first hit me( couldnt cry though from the muscle stiffness). I told them that there bad stupid people for giving me invega sustenna but i only took one 156mg shot and never took it again.

I honestly was about to say how were you able to cry anhedonia set in about a 3 hours after the shot my whole world flipped upside down

@WildSunShin3 yeah i remember feeling heaviness in my head like one day after taking the invega sustenna. I felt really weird but bad like i couldnt even sleep good without feeling heavily dazed in my head. After like one week was when the side effects got really exremely bad.

@Steph78 man that sucks that you kept taking it for 3-4 months. I cried like a b***h when the side effects first hit me( couldnt cry though from the muscle stiffness). I told them that there bad stupid people for giving me invega sustenna but i only took one 156mg shot and never took it again.

I had convinced myself that was normal. That was how I was suppose to feel. Complete mind f***

diazepam 10mg gives some relief, its not a long term solution of course. red wine is also good at bringing the inner self out more

@onvega132 Im interested to see how things pan out for you, ive not come across anyone that got hit with such a low dose

I'm going to have cannabis in 2 days I'll let you guys know how I feel on it, right now im on day 31 since my last injection, still have anhedonia, lack of emotions, sexual problems and akathisia but all have gotten slightly better except for the sexual problems, i still cant get an erection...

15 months out, Im almost back to how I was pre-abilify.
It pisses me off that this stuff is legal and handed out like candy.

Heres some more info about those 'permanently blocked' receptors.

"I think you are under the impression that irreversible antagonist means it shuts down those receptors forever. This is true on smaller biological times cales, but receptors are actually just proteins that are dismantled and created like any other protein in the body. That's why even when an irreversible antagonist is effective at treatment you still have to take it regularly.

It's sort of the same story with drug tolerance. If you take amphetamine or methylphenidate for ADHD or narcolepsy (or fun, if you're into that) your brain will start destroying or at least stop producting new dopamine and norepinephrine receptors to equalize with the higher amounts of active dopamine such that the mean level of dopamine and norepinenephrine activity ends up stabilizing. That's why the drugs will lose efficacy over time. On the other hand, at least in rats the synthetic version of vitamin B1, sulbutiamine, has been found to INCREASE dopamine receptor density."

"The receptors are constantly turning over--new ones are produced and old ones are recycled.
The 'irreversible antagonist' will take out some percent of the existing receptor proteins. New ones will be produced; that's why you have to keep taking the medicine.

Other systems will adjust to the changed numbers of receptors, so stopping the drug may have side effects. But, the targeted receptors will 'come clean' because they will be new."

source: https://www.quora.com/How-come-irre...s-an-acceptable-outcome-for-treating-anything

I think Not, If the brain is destroid, that it can heal.I think the Problem is at the right half-Side of the brain. Can the secund half-Side not pruduce some emotions?

Im starting to feel a lot better on day 31.. symptoms seem to slightly be going away

@vbodnariu - have you noticed any cognitive impairment on abilify pills?

Status
Not open for further replies.