Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nybryx have you tried cannabis? I'm going to have some in about 4 days and i'll let you guys know how it goes

I'm on day 29 and I feel slightly better only slightly though, still having anhedonia and pacing hard. I bought some st johns wort, it was expensive, lets see how it goes.

Last edited:
@nybrx keep me posted man how do you feel? After taking st johns wort as recommended by @invagauser i feel so much better, this morning I was pacing and feeling anhedonic but I feel ok right now, it's more tolerable for me to play video games, still on day 29 right now.

I am having mix feeling about recovering after reading this forum..i am scared it is all permit i had a total of 3 injection and its been about a month since my last injection ..the anhedonia isnt as bad but i still do not enjoy music like i use to and i have horrible insomnia.

Update 5 months out: my stamina has increased fairly enough to the extent to not feel the strain of the weight during workouts, and I can hold my dumbbells for 15 mins str8. This is good progress taking into account that 2 weeks from the injection I needed to let go of the weights after 2 mins. Furthermore, knowing that this poison is a nerve tranq and seeing how the strength has increased is a big deal bc it finally means that I am slowing moving towards the recovery side of things, and that I am not stuck in the never ending limbo. That said, the bad side of things are that I still haven't made it out of detox process yet--this is evident due to the symptoms. Just 2 1/2 weeks ago I threw up after increasing my workout intensity. Initially I became intensely dizzy just from walking. 2.5 weeks ago after the workout, I suddenly became weaker and I felt heaviness in legs. This thing mainly targets the D2 receptors and kinds that are not used for motor control, therefore I know that although some strength is better, it still means the D2s are Fd. But both my heart and body have felt some relief, something to be thankful for although my frustration is getting the best of me in judgement during this time. Bottom line is that I am still frustrated with the lack of strength and muscle agility, therefore while progress seems big, I know it will take just about the same amount of time to fix the little things that are vexing as I'm trying to squeeze the last bits of this poison out. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, a lot more progress next 2 months.

Last edited:
@the most ultimate - glad to see your improvements man, keep working out and tell me how much better it gets, try some st johns wort as this does wonders for me, it's expensive but definitely worth it

@invaguser, i'm hoping to fully recover in about 2 more months, I only had 2 shots, Thanks for the feedback but i think 10-14 months is way too long, I'm on day 30 right now and I'm still noticing the symptoms like lack of sexual pleasure, akathisia and anhedonia, I'll keep you guy posted

Anyone else feel the worst in the morning then slightly better in the afternoons? Then repeated? This is how i've been feeling for a while now, on day 30 here. I have BP1 and not schizo, the anhedonia is still pretty bad but I have noticed it's gotten better after a month.

@wildsunshin3 everybody is different... some people it takes longer and some recover quicker, taking supplements like vitamin E, st johns wort, 5-htp every day has helped me a lot. It takes 25-49 days (49 being on the longer end) for invega to be half out of your system, so the next months won't be as hard as the first one. It takes 4-5 half lives for it to be COMPLETELY eliminated from your system so that's 4-5 months total. we both got 1 month off that so lets make it 3-4 months left. It should get better day by day as less of it is in your system

@nybryx im really glad to see your symptoms are going down after 2 months, please keep us posted man.

A year update. I'm probably healed.Lot of stuff indirectly related to invega happened this year, so I won't say I'm back to the person I was, but symptoms wise I feel like they're all gone.My motivation to do stuff is back, I can feel again and listening to music is enjoyable, my semen is back to normal, lousy general feeling especially when waking up is gone.It's important to point out that in the past 7 months I was mostly a fruitarian. My body is very, very healthy. Strictly vegan, barely eating cooked food, mostly fruits. I eat only when I want something, out of taste and not out of hunger. Despite eating less than 1000 calories/day on average I lost only ~3kg in 7 months, which is good as I'm not looking to lose weight.Also, I exercised almost daily, mostly running 2km and some push-ups and sit-up. Not something too draining, but I was consistent with the running.For those who may remember, I almost committed suicide due to this awful drug. Things were really bad. It's a "miracle" things managed to get better.Hang in there. Help your body help you. Good luck.

Rosi71, I know you ask a fair few odd questions you might want to look at this.
I know it's been in the back of my mind since I came across it..
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16870886/

I'm certain you were eating much more than 1000kcal let alone 1000 calories. Shoveling in fructose all day is about as healthy as alcoholism.

@abject, that's really scary....

It's day 30 and I feel a slight improvement after a month, the akathisia and anhedonia are still VERY STRONG, I'm hoping I got like 3 more months to go until it's completely gone

Woke up today feelng out of place hopeless feeling uggh hopeful these vitimins will take the edge off please work ! Anybody who is interested in more support when things start to feel super low we can skype i sure could use a friend through all of this my skype name is wildsunshin3 and the email to look it up is [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.