Mental Health Coming off Invega (Paliperidone, Xeplion) injections v. 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I can laugh sometimes now usually everyday only a little bit but sometimes I can laugh continuously alot if something is extremely funny I'm almost 3 months off does this mean I will recover? I had 2 shots only 156 and another 156 (half of needle the first time) which is weird but do you think I will recover I can also get an erection in sleep and fully masturbate it just doesn't feel pleasurable it takes physical stimulation to get erection in daytime how long do you guys think it will take to recover? I hope it's only 3-5 more months what do you guys think?

Guys I can laugh sometimes now usually everyday only a little bit but sometimes I can laugh continuously alot if something is extremely funny I'm almost 3 months off does this mean I will recover? I had 2 shots only 156 and another 156 (half of needle the first time) which is weird but do you think I will recover I can also get an erection in sleep and fully masturbate it just doesn't feel pleasurable it takes physical stimulation to get erection in daytime how long do you guys think it will take to recover? I hope it's only 3-5 more months what do you guys think?
I was through the bulk of my nasty symptoms after 6 months. You should definitely notice significant improvement around that time frame.

Im so emotionless and senseless, I feel like. A complete zombie… has anyone else experienced this and come back from it? I just have zero emotions

Im so emotionless and senseless, I feel like. A complete zombie… has anyone else experienced this and come back from it? I just have zero emotions
Yes I felt the same way. I now have a lot of my emotions back and am feeling better. Before I could hardly laugh but now I dont have a problem with that. Still havent cried in ages but I never really cried ever.

H
Yes I felt the same way. I now have a lot of my emotions back and am feeling better. Before I could hardly laugh but now I dont have a problem with that. Still havent cried in ages but I never really cried ever.
How long did it take for you to start getting emotions back?

Stay Positive All In This Together GIF by INTO ACTION
Keep Your Head Up Love GIF by Mat Voyce
Happy Good Vibes GIF

I just spent a week in Paris. It was a pretty nice time, I think I was a bit less gung-ho about getting out and exploring the city than I'd have been pre-invega, but I did find that there were a few very nice moments. One that particularly stood out was sitting down and watching the sun set on ny last night, I really felt present and content the way that I used to.

But the bad news is I think I've developed some pretty bad trauma from the experience of being injected, to the point that I'm making suicide plans if it were to ever happen again. My therapist suggested that telling the doctor I was allergic to invega would be an effective way to keep it from happening if I'm ever back in the ward. I hope she's right.

I went to see my psych today. Told him I’m feeling better and all, but still have some physical side effects, in which he replied that it’s probably in my head. I can understand that. However, the thing that bothers me is that he doesn’t seem to understand how long lasting the side effects really are.

He said I’m probably clean apart from some very small amounts left in my blood. But when I tell him how I could drink an entire bottle of whisky and not feel super drunk, he doesn’t have any response. That scares me. He should know this! It’s an indicator that the drug is still active or has done some long term damage.

My physical strength/stamina isn’t what it used to be, he just tells me I’m getting older. Completely ignores the connection to invega. He is quitting and I’m getting a new pdoc, a woman. I wonder if she’ll be more understanding.

I just spent a week in Paris. It was a pretty nice time, I think I was a bit less gung-ho about getting out and exploring the city than I'd have been pre-invega, but I did find that there were a few very nice moments. One that particularly stood out was sitting down and watching the sun set on ny last night, I really felt present and content the way that I used to.

But the bad news is I think I've developed some pretty bad trauma from the experience of being injected, to the point that I'm making suicide plans if it were to ever happen again. My therapist suggested that telling the doctor I was allergic to invega would be an effective way to keep it from happening if I'm ever back in the ward. I hope she's right.t
So glad you had a nice time in Paris! I think that idea is really good about telling them you’re allergic and had a severe reaction if it were to happen again. Some doctors though prescribe antipsychotics anyways so it might be a different one anyways which still might be a bad option for you. I will say not all places prescribe antipsychotics , so you could try and find a different one to go to if that were ever a situation you need to be inpatient for whatever reason. also you can discuss with them like alternatives like other mood stabilizers that aren’t antipsychotics if they will allow that. Just try your best to do whatever you can to stay stable and having coping mechanisms in place if symptoms come up ..:

I went to see my psych today. Told him I’m feeling better and all, but still have some physical side effects, in which he replied that it’s probably in my head. I can understand that. However, the thing that bothers me is that he doesn’t seem to understand how long lasting the side effects really are.

He said I’m probably clean apart from some very small amounts left in my blood. But when I tell him how I could drink an entire bottle of whisky and not feel super drunk, he doesn’t have any response. That scares me. He should know this! It’s an indicator that the drug is still active or has done some long term damage.

My physical strength/stamina isn’t what it used to be, he just tells me I’m getting older. Completely ignores the connection to invega. He is quitting and I’m getting a new pdoc, a woman. I wonder if she’ll be more understanding.
Did you drink the while bottle of whisky straight? Like it didn’t make you feel off balance , tired, loopy, dizzy, any of that?
I’m confused because didn’t you say you were able to enjoy drinks on vacation and feel a buzz? What exactly is going on? You keep saying you feel great and have a positive attitude and feeling fine and everything and now you’re saying you can’t feel anything from a bottle of whisky and don’t have physical strength when then before you said you were working out a lot I feel like you keep going back and forth of things. Not trying to put you down but are you just having like some days are good and then some days that are bad and that’s what’s going on?

If you tell a psychiatrist that invega or whatever antipsychotic You took you’re still experiencing effects months later they’re pretty much always going to tell you the effects should have worn off by now , it’s all in your head etc. the best people to talk to about changes you’re concerned with are primary care doctors, and therapists. I don’t understand the purpose of going to the psychiatrist and complaining when they’re just going to want to point you on more medication and think you’re going through psychosis again

I’m confused because didn’t you say you were able to enjoy drinks on vacation and feel a buzz? What exactly is going on? You keep saying you feel great and have a positive attitude and feeling fine and everything and now you’re saying you can’t feel anything from a bottle of whisky and don’t have physical strength when then before you said you were working out a lot I feel like you keep going back and forth of things.
Sorry for the confusion. I feel fine for the most part, but not pre invega. I have about 80-90 % of my strength, but I fatigue more easily can’t do long workouts and high reps
Not trying to put you down but are you just having like some days are good and then some days that are bad and that’s what’s going on?
No my mood, anhedonia, motivation, etc. have all improved. Pretty much back to normal.

Only side effects I have left is some ed (70% recovered), alcohol tolerance (50% effect), physical strength (80-90%), lethargy (70% recovered).

I don’t understand the purpose of going to the psychiatrist and complaining when they’re just going to want to point you on more medication and think you’re going through psychosis again
I do it to put my parents at ease. I only go once every two months or so to get my bloodwork and have a chat.

No I wouldn’t do that 😂, just sayin I can’t feel a buzz the way I used to
Oh sorry. For me out of the few things I lost they still effected me but it was my enjoyment that had been stolen . But it did over time get better . Some of which still are. So I don’t necessarily know if everything will get to how it was or will only increase to a certain point . But at least it does get better with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.