• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

you took the sub too early if you felt worse after taking it.

just wait it out and take another 4mg in another 10 hours or so. taking any more heroin will be a xompte waste of money

id seriously consider just cold turkeying if i were you. man up, the turkey is the easy part anyway. it's the weeks after that get you ime.

you dont need to taper the H... just use it all (Without overdosing), Time it so that your last shot of H is acouple hours before you go to sleep. Then when you wake up you hopefully start feeling sick... Wait an hour longer or 2 and then pop a little peice of the SUB and if you feel better your good to start your sub taper

Yesterday was day 1.. I needed 12mg to feel "okay" I think ti was worse cuz I was in precipiated withdrawl after 18 hrs. I woke up today day 2.. feeling much better then when I went to bed.. Does anyone know why? Do to that fact, I only dosed 4mg today.. and feel fine. I'm thinking then tomororw jump to 2mg... and taper faster then my orignal plan. From what I read maybe I feel okay off 4mg after needing 12 yesrerday was because of the high dosage on day 1 and the halflife of bupe..... what yall think? Thanks soo much everyone. I'm going to do this!

Update Day 3: Fell asleep okay with some help of a 1mg xanax and a beer. woke up at 4am restless as suck and very hot n sweaty, Couldn't fall asleep. THis is why I'm up at 6am typing this now. I only took 4mg again today. I think detoxing on this low dose comparted to my 1st day is better then staying high and stretching this thing out longer. I was going to do this new pan now what has happened

Day 1: 12mg
Day2:4mg
Day3: 4mg
Day 4: 3mg
day 5: 2mg
Day 6:2mg
Day 7: 1mg
Day 8:1mg
Day 9: .5
Day 10: .5
Day 11: .25
Day 12..25
Day 13 JUMP OFF what u guys think on revised?

You most likely didn't wait long enough for your first dose of bupe and accidentally precipitated acute withdrawal, which is why you initially didn't feel so good.

I'm glad to hear the dose you took is now holding you. Your new plan looks fine to me but maybe someone else can chime in too. You really only need bupe to get you through the first little while as your body adjusts to no longer receiving heroin.

Good luck, keep us posted.

yeah, i thnk that looks okay. remember, it's still gonna suck, so dont be tempted to take more sub and draw it out or buy heroin and waste money, subs and time. good luck mate! i'm 3 months clean and ive never felt better.

Another update: I purchased from the store, when I jump off suboxone to start using Immodium, Multi vitamin, 5-htp, L-tyrosine, Leg cramp support for resless legs at night and Kratom tea. Do I wait till im in suboxone withdraw or star ttaking it while im detoxing and tapering the suboxone? Any input?

wait for the jump before doing the meds. i wouldnt advise using kratom as it's just gonna prolong the rattle

Thanks for the input Smacky. Anyone else? I also have been prescibed Tramadol and only have 1 refill left. Would that be able to be utilized in anyway to make this whole thing easier? Tomorrow will be day 4 from the switch. I"m gonna do this!

I dunno man. I've used bupe to kick H plenty of times and I've never felt any withdrawal from the bupe itself after i taper it down (I usually taper off at 0.5 or 0.25 mg). The next day is an opiate free day spent relatively comfortably 95% of the time (on my taper that's usually day 7 or 8 or so). Don't forget bupe's long elimination half-life. You still have plenty of bupe plugged into you - in fact, I'd wager that your normal dose of H would be useless and wasteful right now due to bupe's higher binding affinity.

I think that's the whole point of the rapid bupe taper - its just long enough for your brain to function again without H but not long enough to where it will complain when the bupe is discontinued because you've developed an addiction to it.

I think you'll be fine without the OTC comfort meds/tramadol. Use them if you must but I prefer exercise and "getting shit done" once I've tapered off.

And smacky made an important point - it will suck after jump off (maybe not physically, but mentally) and that's where its crucial not to fuck up. The comfort meds look like slippery slopes, especially kratom and tramadol. Just power through it.

Last edited:
I have been on Suboxone film for the past 3 1/2 weeks (after 4+ years of prescribed Percocet abuse and recent Phentermine abuse) the phentermine was used only for the extreme energy boost. I have been off of the Percocet with virtually zero w/d symptoms since the day before I started the Suboxone, but continued the phentermine after realizing that I did not get the "amazing energy boost" from the Suboxone that I had read so much about. Now that I am also out of phentermine I am searching for what I can LEGALY use as an energy boost along with the Suboxone, aside from simpe caffeine pills and red bulls, of course. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!!! :) thanks in advance!

I'm sorry for just jumping onto this thread, this is my first time commenting/ posting on this site and I'm still trying to figure everything out :/

Its okay Julie. I wanted to update you all again. Today is Day 5 off of H... and Day 4 on Subs. I slept beautifully last night on only taking 4mg yesterday. I slept in until 10:00 am today and felt great. I took only 2mg this time. So in 4 days I've gone from 12mg -2mg. Feel okay. Tomorrow I'm thinking to jump down to 1mg. I would love to hear everyones feedback and what they think. Also with the tramadol issue if I can use it in anyway to help this go faster or less painful.

Glad to hear you're feeling good, that's why bupe is so awesome.

I'm not sure about the tramadol. I've never felt any effects from it, even when taking 3x the normal dosage.

You're doing great. Continue your taper and take it to 0.5 then 0.25mg if possible.

id forget the tramadol too. especially since youre doing so well. if youre absolutely fucked from withdrawal, which sounds unlikely then 1-2 tramadol will help a little, but it's just another opiate really--itll just prolong th process.

just use the comfort meds when you start feeling sick (dont use the loperimide until youve stopped taking the subs entirely though) and forget about kratom and tramadol if you wanna do this asap (which you definitely do--prolonged withdrawals tend to make me relapse hard).

GOOD LUCK!!! remember, the rattle is only the beginning of the battle. maybe consider NA meetings and the like--theyre not as stupid or pointless as a lot of people think!

Like the others, I am also confident you took the Sub too early. I've been there and it sucks.

I never tried a rapid taper on Sub nor do I know anyone that did.

You said :
Another update: I purchased from the store, when I jump off suboxone to start using Immodium, Multi vitamin, 5-htp, L-tyrosine, Leg cramp support for resless legs at night and Kratom tea. Do I wait till im in suboxone withdraw or star ttaking it while im detoxing and tapering the suboxone? Any input?

My personal experience is that exercise is somewhat helpful for RLS. Also I can't consider detoxing without a hot bath and Epson Salt for the leg and lower back cramps. If you can get you hand on some it will make a huge difference.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress !!

Thank you all for the responses. I will continue to update you all on my journey. One problem I'm going to have is getting the dosage down to .5 and .25... I have a pill cutter but I only have the 8/2mg suboxone pills... so idk how I can make them that small. Any suggestions? Also... Will exercise and supplementation benefit me if I start it while im on the tapering suboxone probgram or wait till the next day when I get off completely? Thanks you guys!

Exercise whenever/however much you damn well please. It will only help. The sooner the better.

As for tapering down, you say you have the pills/tablets huh? So, subutex? Those are quite snortable, FYI. Not only do I find snorting to hit you faster, but dosing out the powder is much easier.

Not subutex, Subsolv.. same thing as suboxone strips I hear? Its a new company, and its menthol flavor vs that orange crap.