• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Combo Thread] Mescaline & MDMA

cornollio said:
shallow? have you even done mdma? because it is one of the most profound experiences there is to have. im offended by that statment lol i dont get offended often! you hit a nerve though buddy! mdma isn't about just 'getting fucked up on drugs' if it is to you, then maybe you need to re-evaluate mdma, it can have just a profound experience as 10 hits of acid if used correctly.
\

shallow..pfft

I have done MDMA, many times, and yes, sorry, i think it's totaly shallow compared to real psychedelics, such as mushrooms, acid, mescaline. Your statement tells me that you must get realy crap acid if you can compare an mdma experience to 10 hits. And it also tells me that you must have never had a proper mescaline experience, for if you did, you'd know that adding MDMA would most likely take away from the purity of the mescaline high.

Love & Light.

fastandbulbous said:
After recently trying a dose of synthetic mescaline (300mg of mescaline hydrochloride). I'd say that the total alkaloid extract lasts between a third to a half again longer than the pure alkaloid (the pure alkaloid was only marginally longer lasting than a comparable dose of LSD).

Def think the competetive inhibition due to the other PEA alkaloids is responsible; also slightly changes the feel as well (bit more nausea from the alkaloidal mix & also the alkaloidal mix feels a bit more stimulating)

Sounds good. Is there a relatively easy way to extract 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine and ONLY 3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine from a Peyote cactus?

Having just had my first full-on mescaline experience, I have to say that I even more agree now that MDMA would have totally been a detriment to the experience. That's the first time in some time I felt perfectly content with no other drugs at all, and in fact didn't even consider it. It seems like MDMA would turn the beautiful mescaline trip into a frantic haze of hedonism.

And yes, sorry, I also agree that MDMA is just not as deep a chemical as the full psychedelics. It's certainly possible to have a profound experience on it, hell, I had one. But so much of it is ego-boosted fakeness. it seems to me that the first time you try it it may be able to open up your emotions, which can be very important to do. But after that it gets pretty gray as to what is insight and what is ego-stroking. And AMT is so much better for all the sorts of things that MDMA is good for, anyway.

Xorkoth said:
Having just had my first full-on mescaline experience, I have to say that I even more agree now that MDMA would have totally been a detriment to the experience. That's the first time in some time I felt perfectly content with no other drugs at all, and in fact didn't even consider it. It seems like MDMA would turn the beautiful mescaline trip into a frantic haze of hedonism.

And yes, sorry, I also agree that MDMA is just not as deep a chemical as the full psychedelics. It's certainly possible to have a profound experience on it, hell, I had one. But so much of it is ego-boosted fakeness. it seems to me that the first time you try it it may be able to open up your emotions, which can be very important to do. But after that it gets pretty gray as to what is insight and what is ego-stroking. And AMT is so much better for all the sorts of things that MDMA is good for, anyway.

Yeah, mescaline is like the perfected state of being. No need to add other things. MDMA can still be good, very human and harmonising, but realy, if you're on mescaline you don't need the MDMA. I found in the past couple of weeks that 2cb was a great alternative to MDMA also.

Enjoy!

Just don't get too crazy kid. People are getting OC at sector 9 shows. I started seeing them in 01 and have watched the crowd get more and more out of control. Red Rocks was sick by the way.

Last edited:
^hey...dont point out scenes....I know people dont understand what youre talking about mentioning their name at all, but please, follow the rules and keep low heat bands low...

^^^

Excuse me?

They aren't all that lowheat. Anyways I just told him to keep it under control.

Last edited:
Red Earth said:
I have done MDMA, many times, and yes, sorry, i think it's totaly shallow compared to real psychedelics, such as mushrooms, acid, mescaline. Your statement tells me that you must get realy crap acid if you can compare an mdma experience to 10 hits. And it also tells me that you must have never had a proper mescaline experience, for if you did, you'd know that adding MDMA would most likely take away from the purity of the mescaline high.

Love & Light.

lol you have no idea what kind of acid i've had, what i was saying that an mdma experience can be as profound as 10 hits. think about it, you can have just as intense of a spiritual moment on ecstacy given the right circumstance. you can learn just as much about life and yourself from ecstacy as psychs. its all on how you use it.

disregarding a combo thinking that one will ruin the purity of another isn't my attitude towards combos at all. most combos, combine into a new feeling that you wouldn't have guessed would have came about. i've been surprised at many of combo's and the potential they have.

cornollio said:
an mdma experience can be as profound as 10 hits.
I agree completely.

I do however believe that MDMA use and especially ab-use can be profoundly damaging.
I therefore never recommend it, except in very rare cases.

^^^

Any pysch can be damaging with abuse. Have you ever talked to the guy who's on L all the time? Have you ever talked to him 2 or 3 years into that? Abusers of LSD can be come some of the most egotistical people. Its called Meglomania.

Key is if you are going to use, use in moderation. Always, no matter what substance. If you can't then at least try to contain it the best you can until your ready to stop. Use of any substance is always a risk.

Absolutely... lots of people end up quite loopy from extended psychedelic use. I agree with Ptah, though... MDMA can be really damaging. I have only used it a dozen times in my life, but there has been some long-lasting change since the last few times that may or may not have ever gone away. MDMA scares me, to be completely honest. I'm talking something completely physical, but that has affeccted the emotional and I've had to work around it. I have the feeling MDMA will be shown at some point in the future to be more unbalancing than we had suspected.

The thing that separates MDMA from most psychedelics is that it's most probable to cause actual physical damage to your neurons, while the dangers with the others remain mostly psychological in nature.

I agree, that something feels out of place with MDMA, often even after single use (not abuse!) - (I guess brute release of essential neurotransmitters into the postsynaptic space does that to a person -) that's why I mostly steer clear of that substance these days.

Red Earth said:
I think it's pretty disrespectful to the plant, personaly.
The cactus is an ancient spirit guide, who holds unlimited potential, you need to add nothing to it. Adding a shallow chemical like MDMA to such a powerful experience seems like you're just out to get fucked up on drugs.

:|

I agree. I could have added that to my statement about the matter. I mean, I have had wonderful experiences with entactogenic drugs, but I hold the Mescaline cactus in much higher esteem.

anything Can be profound, any drug, any moment.......

you Could realize enlightenment at any time.

however the cactus is a sacred teacher....and MDMA is a methamphetamine molecule alteration.

taking an amphetamine to make you more comfortable during a mescaline experience seems disrespectful. if you come to terms with yourself, there is no discomfort to come by.

I did that combination at a psy trance festival the first time I ever did mescaline. I took half a capsule (not sure how much mescaline was in it, but it was indeed mescaline because I know the guy that prepared the capsules), threw up (I had been somewhat under the weather anyway), started feeling great, and then took a roll, then the other half, then another 1/2 roll.

I danced my ass off all night, even in the pouring rain. It was amazing.

Yeah, it does... and here at PD we like to discourage the use of slang because it just makes everything more confusing (since different regional groups use totally different slang). Hence, I have removed that part from the title.

I think we really discourage slang because its stupid and drugs are not for kids. ONly kids would make up stupid names like "love flipping" although I'm stupid too because I call LSD/MDMA a 'candy flip." :)

i don't think that's neccesarily true, MGS. the term "marijuana" is slang, & it wasn't created by kids - just by anti-cannabis lobbyists. :]