• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Combo Thread] Mescaline & MDMA

Hopefully I will get around to trying this pretty soon (I am waiting for the perfect opportunity). Mescaline is hands down my favorite entheogen, and since I only roll about 1x a year nowadays, it should be spectacular. I figure it will work well to take the mdma just before the peak of the mescaline, after the nausea has passed. Maybe a bit of 5-meo-dmt depending on how I am feeling too;)

I think it needs a new name. hippyflipping and candyflipping sounded very appropriate and cool to me when i first heard about them, but loveflipping sounds weird.

It sounds like an outstanding combo though. Might be too overwhelmingly good to use at a concert. I'd personally recommend one or the other. I'd do both only when i had time to have about 9 hours of sex or lay out on a park bench staring at the sky. There's probably a significant chance you'll be overwhelmed by love and euphoria, if you get it right. hah.

edit:
Watch the timing and the nausea as others suggested. Might want to have some pot on hand or use some zofran or dramamine. I'd probably recommend taking the E about 3-4 hours after taking the mescaline. That way by the time you're all the way down from it, you'll be cushioned a bit by the M still, and you wont have a chance of having a weird reaction to the comedown because you're still tripping balls. Might try a diphenhydramine or 2 at the end (or opiates or a lot of pot) at the end to relax your body and muscles - the physical and mental comedowns combined will likely be very draining, at the least. However i would still say the combo would be worth it. And it probably wouldnt be nearly as shitty as coming down off of say, speed and ex.

Last edited:
DOHP said:
If you do vomit, try and stay hydrated as you can because mdma realy drains you expectially if your moving around alot.

If you're fortunate enough to ever come across any synthetic mescaline (or mescaline separated from the other cactis alkaloids), it has a lot less nausea & general GI distress asssociated with the experience (350mg of synthetic mescaline hydrocholride was only marginally more aggrivating to my gut than say 100ug of LSD).

It also only about 80% the duration as well (other cactus alkaloids must slow it's metabolic degredation by acting as competetive inhibitors of associated enzymes)

The different in duration between these two drugs is so great I doubt I'd try it. I don't think I'd even take mescaline before a show in the first place. The show would only occupy 1/4 or less of the trip.

I also don't think I could handle the nausea at a show either. I'd probably end up in a corner or something with this combo at a show.

Newmoonrecord said:
I think it needs a new name. hippyflipping and candyflipping sounded very appropriate and cool to me when i first heard about them, but loveflipping sounds weird.

how bout Cactiflip......hahahhaa

ok so after reading this i have decided to just eat mdma at the concert and to eat the cacti with a friend in the forest the next week or 2.

But one thing that i thought was strange about the replys i got was that people said the durations of the drugs were so different that it might not be a good idea, or that they wouldnt do it cause only a small part was at the show, but has no one here taken LSD and MDMA at a show before? and doesnt LSD basically last just as long as Mescaline?

I don't know why you are even considering taking MDMA with it if you don't even know the effects of mescaline.

hope to see you new years!!im looking forward to trying that tri-combo i mentioned earlier:)

Estimated Prophet said:
doesnt LSD basically last just as long as Mescaline?

In my experience with mescaline it has lasted much longer than acid. With LSD, after 12 hours I am definitely on the come down and nearly back to normal (I usually pass the peak after hour 5 or 6). With mescaline however, I may have just gotten past the peak after hour #12 and need to be prepared for at least another 6+ hours of tripping. With a 500mg dose of mescaline you have to be prepared for a LONG trip.

LSD lasts 1/2 the duration of a decent mescaline dose at most

the only thing ive done is Hippyflip. Loveflipping sounds fun though i never tried mescaline before though and can't seem to find it so ill have to wait :(

If my single experience with San Pedro is any indication, I think it could be a great combo.

Something tells me MDMA mixes better with tryptamines, but this is just a guess.

Unless a person a had a lot mescaline hcl I would think it would be best used alone and save the MDMA combos for less rare substances.

Taking mescaline at a concert would be too profane for me.

Also, I think people puking has more to do with the plant material than anything inherent about mescaline. Compared to ayahuasca the slimy cactus snot is remarkably tasty and easy to keep down...

egor said:

This is a wide misconception. I think it comes from people confusing mescal beans (Sophora secundiflora) with mescaline but I can't say for sure.

#96 M
MESCALINE; 3,4,5-TRIMETHOXYPHENETHYLAMINE

DOSAGE: 200-400 mg (as the sulfate salt), 178-356 mg (as the hydrochloride salt) [Erowid Note: The original text read "178-256" but this was an error. The error was found by Bo and verified with Shulgin. See the Erowid Mescaline Dosage page for a more complete discussion of the forms of mescaline].

DURATION: 10-12 h

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal096.shtml

Been there

Yeah..I've done this. Couple things.

First- Don't do this at a concert, total waste. Do it at home with your girl (in the woods if you want, but have lots and lots of water and supplies.

Second- Don't listen to these people who have no idea wtf they are talking about when they say they don't think it would be a combo. It is THE combo. It will be the cleanest most healing roll of your entire life.

It is incredible... When we did it, we dosed the cactus, peaked four hours in, tripped very nicely for another three hours after that, then dropped our pills while still goin strong on the mesc. There was virtually no come up, just started talking more and more, and before we knew it we were unearthing damn near every little mental problem we had, and fixing them with ease. Unbelievable empathy like nothing you've ever felt. Absolute comfort, didn't even want to smoke bud, it just clouded things.

Sacred is the cactus
Blessed are we

It's not 'just another drug'. Show respect for the gift from God, don't take the stuff recreationaly, it's a sacrament.

fastandbulbous said:
Hippyflipping, loveflipping...

Who comes up with these names & dare I ask, why? =D
I know, I've heard some fucked up combo names myself.

egor said:

Not for me, mescaline's lasted a little longer than LSD for me (8-10 hours for LSD and 10-14 for mescaline)