• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Thread] DXM & Cannabis

Don't smoke a blunt on DXM unless you like panic attacks.

How about smoking a single hit at a time? Until you feel comfortable, or realize that perhaps this combination is making you feel a little too intense?

It's not like it just intensifies (it clearly does), it brings out a lot of more dissisociative properties of the dextromethorphan in my opinion (that you wouldn't experience if you just took more dex). It makes you much more introspective and isolated and gives you quite the mind fuck. Most people don't like it, it depends on their personality i guess.

EDIT: without a tolerance and at your weight, 600mg combined with weed would be an extremely high dose, that was a little lower than my first experience. But you will be clearly fucked up at that level.

It's not like it just intensifies (it clearly does), it brings out a lot of more dissisociative properties of the dextromethorphan in my opinion (that you wouldn't experience if you just took more dex). It makes you much more introspective and isolated and gives you quite the mind fuck. Most people don't like it, it depends on their personality i guess.

EDIT: without a tolerance and at your weight, 600mg combined with weed would be an extremely high dose, that was a little lower than my first experience. But you will be clearly fucked up at that level.

Well I'd like to smoke it, just to get the best possible experience I can off of this. And not do it again. I'd like your guys' advice on when I should smoke while dosing. Perhaps not the whole blunt, (as when I usually dome blunts, it brings back certain qualities from my LSD trip [trees turning into snakes, shit moving in a way, everytime I get super high]) but maybe half the blunt. Or until I feel good enough. I just don't want to smoke and then not be able to walk straight and make a rattle

I have smoked about 4 blunts and took over 600 mgs of DXM before, there is nothing uncomfortable about it, just an instant sleep medication.

Its not possible to do without seeming really fucked up, you will definetly lose a lot of motor control.

i would go for 300mg, you will be surprised at how insanely high DXM will make you feel. And don't smoke a blunt, i'd smoke small hits during the come up and come down, it can send you into an awesome cartoon world during the comedown. I've blacked out a bunch of times smoking during the peak. You will seem very fucked up if you have to interact with others, i usually feel like i am a raptor walking around lol and your pupils and eyes get really big and wide.

Hi Chtibi,

I do not see a problem dosing 600mg DXM and smoking a half gram blunt. 600mg can be very intense if DXM affects you strongly. To get the most out of your single experience, dose all [DXM] at once on an empty stomach. Usually when I decide to dive into DXM I'll roll a gram blunt beforehand and begin smoking it once I'm past the initial phases and the disassociation begins. I usually finish half of it before suddenly being overcome with the increased effects and have to put it out to pick it up again and finish it later. DXM in high doses gives me red eyes and makes me walk funny, but then again I'm not sure how you're going to get away with smoking a blunt discretely with your roommates around.

Welcome to Bluelight! :D

We already have a subthread for DXM & Cannabis, this'll be merged with that one once you've had a chance to reply.

For future reference, you can find the main threads for each psychedelic/dissociative/deliriant in the Psychedelic Index which is linked at the top of the forum in big blue writing. From those threads you can navigate to further relevant subthreads. E.g. in your case, you would go: Psychedelic Index -> DXM Thread -> DXM & Cannabis subthread :)

Hope this helps :)

u r a imbcl if u use dxm unless u got that powder. ......
how u got that powder ne way
wutever u do dont drink robotussiean

esp. if u roll

I have smoked about 4 blunts and took over 600 mgs of DXM before, there is nothing uncomfortable about it, just an instant sleep medication.

I would have to disagree with this, theres no way im sleeping for a LONG time if I take a decent amount of DXM, regardless of how much I smoke.

to the OP - I would do as they suggest, and try it a hit at a time. I would suggest taking a hit or 2 after you drink it to blunt any stomach discomfort. If its your first time taking DXM, you might be taken by surprise as to how fucked up its going to make you. Walking correctly on a high dose is next to impossible, you'll end up shuffling around or walking like a robot. Also, im surprised nobody mentioned it, but you dont need to use SWIM here, it provides you no protection and just makes things awkward to read.

Acting sober on DXM is impossible. You will stumble around and slurr your speech in odd ways and think and say loopy thoughts. You will not be able to hid this from your room mates, maybe you should wait for a time when you can trip with someone who wouldnt mind or when you can trip alone. It will not be fun getting dissociated and high and worrying about whether your room mates know or not. As a matter of fact DXM might be one of the hardest drugs to act sober on, maybe next to ketamine and deleriants.

First thing, I seriously doubt you will be able to "do it once". DXM is one of the most addictive hallucinogens ive ever experienced, yes, the trip can be THAT good.

Second, you will not be able to act sober, at all. Out of all the crazy drugs ive done, cough syrup has dismantled me from reality the most. On DXM you stumble, can barely speak, and if you can speak you say nothing but nonsense.

Third, if you do smoke weed, keep in mind you will probably only require a very small amount. Weed amazingly enhances the trip, but you will not need much at all.

And I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but cough syrup is a drug I don't recommend you try. I am very headstrong, but I fell in love with that shit so much that I was doing every weekend, until I had a seizure. Since then, I had very long term tinnitus (ear ringing) that occured when i smoked pot or sat still, and it took over a year to go away and to this day I will experience it to a minor extent

Stop SWIMming here and use common sense, that crap doesn't keep you legally safe.
omfg I can't believe I was the first person to point that out.

When I was younger i took one hit out of a vaporizer on DXM. Other than this experience I have never actually seen real life objects apear before my eyes. A woman was typing at a computer desk beside my bed. Not actually there. My friend was in the room, not actually there. I was pretty much freaking out all night. Zero hallucinations fromm the DXM prior to the 1 hit i took. Dont do this is public!

Anyone have any advice if I were to do DXM at home at night with parents in the house? if I were to go for a pure 300mg pill, and i weigh 117lbs and am 5'7, would i only get the drunk/stoned feeling?

If I went for 600mg, would I be perhaps in the 3 plateau? I don't really know what to aim for, because half of the people say they trip hard on 300 , and some say it's hardly effective. with 600mg, would I be able to control my volume? That is my primary concern because clearly, I dont want to be caught.

if find i dont enjoy DXM without some weed, also what dose are taking?

I know everyone's experiences are different but I've found that weed really intensifies the euphoric effects of the DXM and is the closest you'll get to replicating the feelng of x without the real thng. Don't smoke a whole bunch at once, just take a good hit to blow up and let yourself come down then take another hit. Good stuff. Audio hallucinations towards the end of the trip are a nice touch too.

To the person who asked; I would not recommend trying this with the parents in the house.

I am taking a 6 hour bus ride next week from N.Y to MA I am planning on taking some dxm does anyone have any suggestions as to whether robo or delysm would be better for this? Itull take me about an hour to get to the bus and I'd like something that will kick in a bit slower due to the gap in when ive got to take it and get on the bus but I also want a longer trip and nothing that would have me above the 3rd plateau when I reach MA. I can function fine on a 400mg trip of hbr, anyone have any thoughts on doing delysm for the ride?