• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Alcohol

High dose acid and enough booze to sink a ship can definitely be really fun at a bar/party or whatever too =D

And it is kinda like an "intelligent drunk" in my experience - can relate with the drunk's mindset to an extent (rather than be repulsed by it) and still talk them in comedy acidic circles where they (the drunks) think it's fun and you (the tripping drunks) think it's hilarious :D

Can also turn into a horrid mess you're glad you can barely remember too sometimes, admittedly :|

Just call me hedonistic retard with no knowledge of psychedelics #1 then ;)

There's a time and place for both sober (?!?) navel-gazing trips and piss yerself laughing social trips too in my book. I like both :)

Hey man I respect you and your knowledge but stupid thing is still stupid even when clever people do it.Very low,treshold doses of psychedelics with lower doses of alcohol are ok,still shity combo but when you have just that last tinny bit of xxxxxx and theres no weed anywhere,I can understand why some people do it.Anything higher than treshold + alcohol is ultra retardet,its like getting into F1 formula and then shooting with automatic shotgun into all wheels before or while driving this unique vehicle.

Judgemental much? Seems psychedelics haven't taught you much, see I can be judgemental too ;)

You could argue psychedelics are some of the most hedonistic drugs there are. Could being the key word.

You will never know what psychedelics taught me.I am slighty less but still judgemental primitive motherfucker,I would kill people that are killing trees and animals when they dont need to.Destroying psychedelic experience with alcohol is not ok in my opinion too :D

If I have alcohol around I'll have a drink or two while I'm tripping. I don't like to get very drunk during the trip. I'd rather smoke weed but a few beers on a trip can be a nice accent. Sometimes I get a really weird alcohol taste throughout my body when I drink on acid though so I don't like that too much.

I like little bit of beer while tripping when raving,not more than 0.5L of 4% beer ( I drink it sometimes for hours )

Personally I prefer ketamine (during the peak) and then benzos (on the comedown) to alcohol.

I like ketamine towards the end of the peak. It always brings back that psychedelia i love so much.

And booze and benzos for the comedown. The booze allows you to still be wacky and have fun while the benzos slow you down for nap nap time.=D

psychedelics and alcohol? I would never ever do it,no synergy,alcohol takes away so much from psychedelics,its very stupid,only for hedonistic retards that just want to get fucked up and dont know anything about psychedelics.

Yes, having some beers to calm your nerves when preparing for an intense psychedelic experience is
very stupid,only for hedonistic retards that just want to get fucked up and dont know anything about psychedelics.
Yes, everyone is exactly the same, so if people drink on psychedelics, it's because they're hedonistic retards trying to get fucked up. Not because they want a smooth trip. They
just want to get fucked up and dont know anything about psychedelics.
Cuz people that don't know anything about psychedelics for some reason think somehow alcohol can be calming and help smooth over an intense experience. Clearly you know so much about everyones reactions to psychedelics cuz of course for everyone there is no synergy and alcohol always takes away from psychedelics ;) so they clearly must be hedonistic retards!

You will never know what psychedelics taught me.I am slighty less but still judgemental primitive motherfucker,I would kill people that are killing trees and animals when they dont need to.

We don't need to eat meat, we don't need to sit in wooden chairs, we don't need to write on paper with wooden pencils. Should we not kill trees and animals for resources cuz we don't need to? Should we deserve to die because of it? You're right, we will never know what psychedelics have taught you...

Destroying psychedelic experience with alcohol is not ok in my opinion too :D

Yes, I am glad you think that destroying a psychedelic experience with alcohol is not ok. If drinking alcohol destroys your psychedelic experience than I'm glad you don't drink on them. However, you should speak more subjectively about your own opinions rather declaring your suggestion in an objective manner that all people that drink on psychedelics are hedonistic retards.

Yes I must be a hedonistic retard just trying to get fucked up cuz I drink beer while on acid to help ensure that I'm not overwhelmed.

I'm glad you have your opinions and your own reactions, and I like to hear them! But lets share our subjective experiences rather than assuming objective experiences of others.

Yes, having some beers to calm your nerves when preparing for an intense psychedelic experience is Yes, everyone is exactly the same, so if people drink on psychedelics, it's because they're hedonistic retards trying to get fucked up. Not because they want a smooth trip. They Cuz people that don't know anything about psychedelics for some reason think somehow alcohol can be calming and help smooth over an intense experience. Clearly you know so much about everyones reactions to psychedelics cuz of course for everyone there is no synergy and alcohol always takes away from psychedelics ;) so they clearly must be hedonistic retards!

We don't need to eat meat, we don't need to sit in wooden chairs, we don't need to write on paper with wooden pencils. Should we not kill trees and animals for resources cuz we don't need to? Should we deserve to die because of it? You're right, we will never know what psychedelics have taught you...

Yes, I am glad you think that destroying a psychedelic experience with alcohol is not ok. If drinking alcohol destroys your psychedelic experience than I'm glad you don't drink on them. However, you should speak more subjectively about your own opinions rather declaring your suggestion in an objective manner that all people that drink on psychedelics are hedonistic retards.

Yes I must be a hedonistic retard just trying to get fucked up cuz I drink beer while on acid to help ensure that I'm not overwhelmed.

I'm glad you have your opinions and your own reactions, and I like to hear them! But lets share our subjective experiences rather than assuming objective experiences of others.

I didnt say anything about little bear before trip,it still takes away something but if you are nervous and cant wait for time where you will be in good mood becose that mega awesome party is right now... thats ok I think.Using addicting drug that can easily kill,and basicly shutdown those parts of brain that psychedelics send to overdrive is not good,no synergy,good bye life changing realzations and sharp overanalyzing mindstate.I think its fucking retarded to drink alcohol on trips to the point of getting drunk ( 1.5L of beer ) but there are people that shit and piss in their mouth and get great pleasure from it,world is strange place.

Last edited:
I didnt say anything about little bear before trip

Just as well - you know as well as anyone that the name of little bear must not be uttered until the peak of the experience has passed.

A few beers on the downsliding can be pleasantly soothing I tend tio find tho I only actually drink fairly rarely these days.

For a proper horrible experience drink half a litre of vodka t the rate of a russion alky then drop two decent blotters then consume the other half litre of vodka - unpleasant is probably a fitting descrpition

This isn't my field at all but since we're talking about these research chems which are barely understood by medical science, isn't there a possibility that certain liver CP450 enzymes could be activated by the RC or the alcohol that then potentiate the drugs effects / delay its metabolism by the liver / create an even more unpredictable experience?

I mean we really don't know how these drugs work and what enzymes they could be inducing / inhibiting and what effect that might have on the detoxification / toxification of other drugs in our system - I wouldn't want to be the brave soul to venture into unknown polydrug territory with them.

Just as well - you know as well as anyone that the name of little bear must not be uttered until the peak of the experience has passed.

This made me spit milk on my desk and keyboard. Thanks.

A few beers on the downsliding can be pleasantly soothing I tend tio find tho I only actually drink fairly rarely these days.

For a proper horrible experience drink half a litre of vodka t the rate of a russion alky then drop two decent blotters then consume the other half litre of vodka - unpleasant is probably a fitting descrpition

Little bear 8o 8) =D sorry,,I made this post right as I waked up,my brain wasnt working properly :D

Alcohol/psychedelics combo is also bad becose of your liver overload,this isnt problem with acid but with RCs and especialy shrooms it can cause alot unpleasent things not talking about liver damage.

^^ I'll give ya that much. Mixing alcohol with shrooms isn't a good idea.

What are people's experiences with drinking on research chemicals? My friend did 2C-E while drunk and not surprisingly she ended up puking. I drank after the peak, about 4 hours into a 2C-E trip and was fine.

Any research chemicals to completely avoid alcohol on?

I had an eigth of mushrooms yesterday, it was my first trip of the year if you dont count residual visuals on new years day. drank a 40 ounce of colt 45 to unwind near the end of the trip and it really helped me put words to the last 8 hours or so. however getting trashed and eating psychedelics is always a shit show for me.

Last edited:
^^ I'll give ya that much. Mixing alcohol with shrooms isn't a good idea.

What are people's experiences with drinking on research chemicals? My friend did 2C-E while drunk and not surprisingly she ended up puking. I drank after the peak, about 4 hours into a 2C-E trip and was fine.

Any research chemicals to completely avoid alcohol on?

personaly I would not drink alcohol on dob even if it may help vasoconstriction becose you will not feel any alcohol effect,dob is fucking strong stimulant,its like psychedelic meth.Any RC that is hard on liver with alcohol is also big risk.

I just found this thread, I hope it's not regarded as wrong to bump up a thread from over a year and a half ago - just I felt since it's one of the big and dandy posts, better to post here than elsewhere.

I was wondering why people try to use alcohol to kill trips sometimes? It doesn't make any sense to me. I have a very low tolerance to alcohol, and I believe a medium-high one to psychedelics, in August 2010 when I turned 18 I drank a bottle of whiskey, then dropped 4-AcO-DMT, and later snorted some 2C-E, and I found the alcohol made my trip MUCH more intense rather than weakening it, the visuals deepened, the mindfuck increased - the only thing I'd say is it seemed to lose the analytical aspect of 2C-E as the alcohol clouded my thinking a little. I've also seen people say they don't combine well at all but personally I found they were very synergistic and boosted each others effects, unlike say for example mixing Cannabis and stimulants where the stimulants always outweigh the effects of the weed making it a waste.

I haven't done a lot of dmt, but last weekend i did about 65-70mg when I was already quite pissed....had been drinking rum, and cider most afternooon and evening, didn't realise how pissed I was....

Was the craziest most intense trip I've ever had, totally bizarre goings on that made no sense, and were quite scary, not a bad trip as such, but one that made me pause for thought.....

Won't be doing it pissed up again.

Have since done 70mg dose sober, no prob at all.....

Mushrooms bring me really "down to Earth" and I find alcohol repulsive when I'm tripping on them. If I am on a rather low dose and my goal is to socialize, then I'm usually very outgoing, open, and eccentric at parties without using alcohol. Low dose mushroom trips make for really interesting house party / social gathering type events in my experience... bars just freak me out and make me really uncomfortable (well, the wrong type of bar).

I do usually drink on acid to deal with the physical tension, but as I am further purifying myself, I am finding this minor crutch to be less and less necessary. It's not a big deal so long as its casual.