View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Alcohol

sometimes i drink a few beers when i dose

it relaxs me during the comeup ~

i dont like drinking during a trip it defeats the whole purpose of tripping for me. but it is pretty fun to be drinking before and then take a acid or mushrooms.

i remember the first time i drank and did acid. the transition from being drunk to tripping is interesting. the only way i could describe it is that it felt like everything was soupy and had a liquidy texture. shit was melting like ive never seen it before. i remember forgetting i even took acid and seeing all this shit thinking "what the fuck is going on". i realized after a minute or too and was like "oh.." i had a pretty good laugh. and eventually it just sobers you up or at least makes you feel like your not drunk anymore. once i started full on tripping my ability to think clearly and intergrate the experience wasn't impaired and the visuals were strong.

i don't really like drinking during a trip how ever since it dulls the mental effects and visuals and just mucks everything up. a beer or 2 is okay for me for the taste cuz i love my beer but that's about it.

i'm not saying drink or do acid if your not sure how emotional you'll get or what ever. especially if your really wasted. but the times i've done it were interesting. the only reason i probably had good trips was because i was at a sweet spot when i was drunk very clam relaxed and euphoric. definitely not smashed

i do agree that it is risky to take rc's and drink tho . that coupled with the fact that they're light weights probably caused those reactions. it is curious though how that guy went berserk after only 2 beers and after the trip was winding down. did he chug them fast or drink them slowly?

Last edited:
last night I ate one blue, fluffy mushroom after consuming a number of drinks. I had a super intense trip and I still feel very strange today. Everything looked like Linklater's movie Waking Life... Walls melting, sky was 2-dimensional (hell, everything was)... I attempted to read a book but the letters looked like Chinese and my phone's clock read 5:55 until I sobered up.

I feel like this trip was finally sending me the message: stop intoxicating yourself with ANY substances. I drink maybe 2 micro brews a day- I'm giving it up cold turkey today to see how I much I can accomplish without it hampering my life.

My previous mushroom experience with alcohol was much more enjoyable-- I suspect because of the set and setting.

Shrooms/Acid + Alcohol

One of the things i've found after taking acid and shroomies quite a few times, is that i tend to become very secluded, and especially on high doses, find it quite difficult to interact with people. Its almost like theres just so many intricacies of conversation that my brain picks up on and analyses when im on a psychadelic, that i just cant keep up with it all, let alone formulate a reply.

I also know, that to alot of people on here alcohol is a bit of a dull, un-enlightening downer. And the suggestion of combining it with a psychadelic would no doubt induce frowns and the obvious question, "why would u dull a wonderful drug with a crappy one?"

Being young and reckless i have quite the love for booze, so this will obviously affect my experience. But just last week, we had approx an 1/8th of cubes and went out to a dubstep gig in the city. Trip came on as normal, having a fun time dancing and looking at the trippy light shows and visual art. But the drinks there were ridiculously cheap (like $4 schooners), so i decided to hav a few beers. The more i drank, the better i felt (suprising conclusion for a teenager to come to? =D) So i ended up slamming down about 4 or 5 in a rather short period. I then suddenly realised while chatting mindlessly with my mates on the smoker deck, that my verbal constipation had entirely dissapated. I was no doubt still severly tripping, my mindset was most definately not drunk, as we were having hilarious tripped out discussions, instead of mindless drunk talk. But i just felt great.

Obviously this is only one experience, but from this alone i would certainly recomend the combination.
Does anyone else enjoy the combination of psychadelics and alcohol?
Or more speicifically Acid and alcohol, i hardly drink or eat anything while on it, due to a lingering uneasiness in the pit of my stomach, and i was thinking quantities of beer may not be the best thing.

Thanks for taking the time to read, any thoughts or experiences are welcome.

I quite enjoy it, not nearly as "trippy" as acid by itself.. sometimes I find it makes me get even more off my face than usual, I always lose any memory of what's happened in the previous eight - twelve hours after this combination.

I too have enjoyed the combination of shrooms+alcohol.

It does make the trip feel less intense and deep, but it makes it more comfortable and sociable than shrooms alone are for me. It should be mentioned that I generally dislike the body high from shrooms and they can make me feel quite anxious and reserved in social situations. I normally drinking enjoy alcohol. low to moderate amounts of shrooms with some alcohol mixed in is much more of a recreational experience compared to the serious, philosophical/introspective, ego dissolving voyage produced by a decent psilocybe mushroom dose.

It worked really well to spread things out so one drug doesn't overpower the other. I would take about 1 or 1.5 grams of shrooms followed by a few beers, then redosing about 0.5 grams of shrooms with another beer in half hour increments. You probably won't get very strong visuals doing this, but it can be quite fun in a party type situation.

Also, a couple of beers felt quite nice a few hours into a mellow 2C-I trip.

I have yet to try this with acid, but I imagine it could be enjoyable as well. Just be careful of how much you drink. apparently it can be easy for the trip to mask the effects of the booze, leading to drinking enough for a hellish hangover and other nasty effects.

be safe and have fun!

both of the times i have drank on LSD i felt that it diminished the trip.. the first time i drank half a bottle of sake and the trip went very mellow and dull... another time i drank a few beers before dosing and that turned into a crazy trip where i did things i am not proud of.. i don't think i will mix the two ever again..

I have yet to try this with acid, but I imagine it could be enjoyable as well. Just be careful of how much you drink. apparently it can be easy for the trip to mask the effects of the booze, leading to drinking enough for a hellish hangover and other nasty effects.

be safe and have fun!

It's good combo to have some booze with acid (I am talking nursing 3-4 beers slowly) as you feel like it.. it relaxes you and makes you more talkative... good for social situations. Low dose acid + alcohol is actually really fun to do at a bar or so... you are drunk but intelligently drunk, if there is such a thing!

Personally I prefer ketamine (during the peak) and then benzos (on the comedown) to alcohol.

It will no doubt diminish the intensity of the trip, but it depends on what you want to gain from it.

For myself, i have the same issue of been unable to socialize to my full potential, often becoming withdrawn from people when under the influence of a psychedelic, i've done my fair share of introspective trips for years.. im now done with that.. which is why i really enjoy the combination of alcohol and psychedelics.

I'm able to feel loose and social while still tripping, especially after the peak of the psychedelic.. all your insecurities have been more or less addressed and now your just very loose, confident and able to continue drinking without feeling tired due to the stimulating effect of the psychedelic.

I know alot of people would disagree with me.. but as i said earlier in my post, it depends on your intentions.. and how available this drug is too you.

Yeah that's pretty much how I see it.. it's a fun combination for social situations.

psychedelics and alcohol? I would never ever do it,no synergy,alcohol takes away so much from psychedelics,its very stupid,only for hedonistic retards that just want to get fucked up and dont know anything about psychedelics.

It's definitely not a natural or particularly interesting combination ime.

As I put it when offered drinks while tripping (on LSD) "Why would i ever want to pour alcohol onto this?"

That said i've had some good experiences with threshold (1-2mg 2C-I, 0.5-1mg 2C-P) doses of phens paired with rather larger amounts of alcohol. It's a very different experience than just drinking; imo it counters alot of the negative aspects of alcohol, while making the whole thing more euphoric.

psychedelics and alcohol? I would never ever do it,no synergy,alcohol takes away so much from psychedelics,its very stupid,only for hedonistic retards that just want to get fucked up and dont know anything about psychedelics.

That's quite an opinion.. but your completely entitled to it ;)

Low dose acid + alcohol is actually really fun to do at a bar or so... you are drunk but intelligently drunk, if there is such a thing!

High dose acid and enough booze to sink a ship can definitely be really fun at a bar/party or whatever too =D

And it is kinda like an "intelligent drunk" in my experience - can relate with the drunk's mindset to an extent (rather than be repulsed by it) and still talk them in comedy acidic circles where they (the drunks) think it's fun and you (the tripping drunks) think it's hilarious :D

Can also turn into a horrid mess you're glad you can barely remember too sometimes, admittedly :|

Just call me hedonistic retard with no knowledge of psychedelics #1 then ;)

There's a time and place for both sober (?!?) navel-gazing trips and piss yerself laughing social trips too in my book. I like both :)

If I have alcohol around I'll have a drink or two while I'm tripping. I don't like to get very drunk during the trip. I'd rather smoke weed but a few beers on a trip can be a nice accent. Sometimes I get a really weird alcohol taste throughout my body when I drink on acid though so I don't like that too much.

Judgemental much? Seems psychedelics haven't taught you much, see I can be judgemental too ;)

You could argue psychedelics are some of the most hedonistic drugs there are. Could being the key word.