• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] DXM & Mushrooms

^thanks for the link. i usually hate dxm, but this link makes me wanna try it again with shrooms

I must admit, although I'm not very fond of DXM after experimenting w/ it for a small period of time, this combo is pretty amazing.

In fact, the only reason I would ever do DXM again is with this combo. The only problem, as someone else said, is that your memory of the experience will be very impaired.

Still, I don't really think I will do DXM again. I will just have to wait till I get my hands on some ketamine to do dissociative tryptamine combos.

Note: I remember having a pretty significant hangover and some pretty serious body pains and the next morning. My entire chest felt badly bruised. This is almost certainly from lying in bizarre positions for hours on end drooling on myself and being totally unaware of my body than it is from any pharmacological effects of the drug.

THIS COMBO IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES! After I tried this combo I had to pass it on to my friends. The way I do it is I take about 130mg of DXM and 1.7 g of mushrooms at the same time. From there I just munch on a shroom or eat a couple DXM capsules if I want to keep getting higher. The synergy between them is great, they really form a totally new drug together with the best of both worlds. I've found this combo to be very funny, causing alot of delirious laughter! The key to the comfortable trip with this combo is to start low and build up, because it can get pretty depersonalized and bizarre, it's best to have a smooth start IMO.

The DXM mixes interestingly

The only tryptamine I've thrown in with it is DiPT. I had some mid range DXM in my system. And the DiPT created very interesting CEV trips. I mean like I had the standard DXM type CEV "stories" but they carried a unique theme and elements of the DiPT. The visual effects open eyed were a little different. Like the flowing tryptamine glow but with a static overlay of DXM that created a bit of optical confusion. I put my eyelids down

If shrooms werent so damn expensive up by me I'd give this a shot. But between both purchases I'd be out like 60 bucks.

Start with the DXM then take the mush.
Heard good things, Never tried it... Interested to see how it turns out for you.

DXM + Mushrooms: a retrospective on my favorite combination

This is my first post here on Bluelight, and it is going to be a long one-- kind of a story more than anything else. I want to share with you guys my thoughts on my favorite drug combination, DXM and mushrooms, as well as my history and experiences with these drugs. But first let me provide a little background about myself. I consider myself a fairly dedicated psychonaught, and have had experiences with several tryptamines, lysergamides, phenethylamines, and dissociatives.

I discovered dissociatives somewhat accidentally during a christmas vacation one year. I had been hoping to trip, but was only able to get my hands on a single gram of mushrooms, which up to this point had been the only psychedelic I had tried. I did not want an underwhelming experience, so after a little research, I decided to combine it with a novel little chemical I had learned about called dextromethorphan. I dosed 340mg DXM, the gram of shrooms, and some weed cookies simultaneously, and braced myself for the ride of my life. The visuals were very cool, even transforming at one point into a series of outright hallucinations during my peak, and the euphoria-- my god, I had never felt so good.

I fell in love with DXM during this trip, and after a little more research and internal debate, I decided is would be OK to use it more often, as long as it remained in moderation. I also decided to never dose higher than my original trip, 340mg. I started going 1st plateau 3-4 times a month, and second plateau 2-3 times a month, but did not venture above 300mgs again for quite some time. It is relevant to note that I discovered early on that a mg of clonazepam of lorazepam is a GREAT compliment to a DXM trip, and I started taking one with most of my 2nd plateau doses. In an indoor solo-trip setting, I found DXM to be vastly superior to shrooms-- no body load, less mindfuck, and the visuals and body-dissociation I got on the second plateau blew me away. I loved every second of it.

After sailing across alien landscapes for a few months on DXM, and learning much about myself, humanity, life, and the universe on mushrooms, I decided to take it to the next level by combining the two as I had during my first DXM experience. But I didn't really know what I was doing and I fucked it up the first time by taking the 1.7g of shrooms an hour before the 280mg DXM. Obviously, this was a dumb move, and I was left with little more than a weak mushroom trip followed by a moderate DXM trip. Disappointing to say the least.

Fast-forward two months, and I was ready to try it again. This time, I took 300mg DXM, a mg of clonazepam an hour later, and 2g of really good shrooms 30 mins after that. Before I knew it, I was standing before a tribunal of elder gods, who allowed me to witness incredible, indescribable things during the peak of my peak. I forgot where I was, who I was, and even the fact that I was a human being at all. Even once I snapped back to reality, the visuals were wild and I got a couple more amazing out-of-body experiences in the hours that followed. And I felt better than I ever had before in my life during the whole thing.

I continued experimenting with other psychedelics and other combinations during the following months, especially once I found a reliable source for research chems, but DXM + shrooms remained my trip of choice-- my bread and butter. I did it on a monthly basis, and was never left with a bad experience. The out-of-body experiences gradually became less frequent, but the visuals were always top-notch. And the euphoria-- so pure, so intense, so indescribably wonderful. There was only a single time during this period when the trip wasn't absolutely awesome, and on this one occasion it was because I had dosed a little too low on the DXM and failed to make it up to the second plateau.

This was my first indication that I was building a dissociative tolerance. I decided to reserve all my 2nd plateau trips for combinations with tryptamines, and limit my 1st plateau doses to roughly two per month to prevent my tolerance from climbing too high. This worked well for a time, and the combination remained great. I still played around with other substances for light trips, concerts, parties, and whatnot but whenever I went on a real psychonautical adventure, I armed myself with the same two weapons: DXM and shrooms.

And then, without warning, my mushroom supply ran dry a few days before my next planned trip. Damn. I debated not tripping, and doing to DXM on its own, but eventually decided to try a new combination. I bought 12 grams of untreated morning glory seeds, and performed an extraction of the LSA. Before I had dosed, however, my friend called me up with a good deal on a half-oz of decent mushies. I naturally was quite happy with this, and immediately went to pick them up.

At this point in my psychedelic career, I was comfortable with 2nd plateau + an eigth (which is what I would have done if I had had the mushrooms in the first place), but I already had done the LSA extraction, so I decided to add it into the mix. And also to take 4.4g of mushrooms instead of 3.6 on more or less a whim. Hell, what can I say, I like tripping hard. So I took em all. And holy flying fuck was it intense. Here's the trip report if you're interested: http://shorttext.com/0gnj5er6j

I tripped DXM + mushrooms again a little less than a month later. It was pretty good, but despite my 315mg DXM dose, I could tell that I had barely made it to the second plateau. The euphoria was not as unbelievable as it had been the first several times either. I went first plateau several times over the next few weeks at concerts and club events, and found that this too was not as invigorating as it used to be.

A couple more weeks flew by, and I knew it was time to trip again. I had no access to shrooms AGAIN, so I cooked up another Morning Glory cocktail, this one with 20g of seeds used. It set in nicely before I took the dxm-- like a hit or two of some fairly decent acid, and very clean-feeling too. I took 335mg DXM and eagerly waited to drift away into oblivion. I was at a strong first plateau within an hour, but the second did not come. I waited and waited, but I never got that delicious body-dissociation that always accompanies the second plateau for me. It was a trip, but it wasn't a Trip, if you can make any sense out of that.

So it seems that my dissociative use has finally caught up with me and I have developed a tolerance. The magic is gone, at least within my 340mg limit, and I have no intention of upping my dosage of a substance that is known to cause cognitive impairment after extended periods of use. This means that I will no longer be able to experience the wonderful combination that has been the hallmark of my career as a psychonaught, and the highlight of my entheogenic experiences.

So that’s my story. I have combined DXM and shrooms more times than anyone else I have heard of, although I’m sure that there are some out there who have done it even more times than me. I’m very interested in hearing other people’s experiences with this combination, so please feel free to share your thoughts.

Also, if anyone has any input regarding DXM tolerance, and how long (if at all) it takes to go away, let me know! I hope those of you who actually made it through this obscenely long post enjoyed it, and I’m glad if my story was able to give you more insight on this fantastic psychedelic combination.

Holla back!

-Saucy

Last edited:
I just realized I accidentally said in the title that it was my favorite combination. This was a typographical error, and I had meant to title this post:

DXM + Mushrooms: a Retrospective on SWIM's Favorite Combination

If a moderator would be able to change this for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Saucy

Edit: Nevermind

Last edited:
No need to change the title cos we don't SWIM on BL. It's a meaningless term that serves no purpose whatsoever than to make posts unreadable so just stick to "I" :)

Would be great if you could remove them from your post too cos many people won't even read a post full of SWIMming cos it really is annoying and confusing.

Nice!!

But DXM & Mushrooms although I've never done the combination amounts pretty much to the opposite of my favorite :) To each his own though right? <3

Oops forgot to say welcome Saucy :D

Last edited:
Also this is a trip report / journal entry Mr. Swim :)

Borderline, I'd say. But quite possibly so. Maybe also suited to the Psychedelic Combo Thread, actually. Only skimmed it but thought perhaps some scope for discussion of the combo. If not here then TR or blog will also make a fine home :)

No need to change the title cos we don't SWIM on BL. It's a meaningless term that serves no purpose whatsoever than to make posts unreadable so just stick to "I" :)

Would be great if you could remove them from your post too cos many people won't even read a post full of SWIMming cos it really is annoying and confusing.

Well thank god for that. I just wish I had figured that one out before I went back and changed all of the I's, Me's, and verb tenses.

Post has been deSWIMified lol.

Tried this combo out a while ago and I must say it does have some interesting, sometimes spectacular effects. Unfortunately, I remembered very little of the trip other than knowing it was awesome at points. I also felt really terrible the next day because I had been lying on my stomach on a hard coach for hours on end and it seemed to bruise my chest pretty badly.

I think this trip was one of the last times I tried DXM. After trying it a few times I started to get extremely sick from even thinking about eating that crap. Not to mention the body high feels very dirty to me.

I don't really have any interest in doing DXM again but if I were to try it again I would probably do it for this combo. I am more interested in experimenting with combining ketamine with other psychs though.

Tried this combo out a while ago and I must say it does have some interesting, sometimes spectacular effects. Unfortunately, I remembered very little of the trip other than knowing it was awesome at points.

I find that in some ways it is useful to think of this combination as tripping mushrooms while inside DXM space. The trip is spent within the landscapes of the mind, as is usually the case when your body has been sufficiently dissociated, but these landscapes and worlds are profoundly altered by the effects of the mushrooms. The resulting departure from reality is so thorough that it is often difficult to interpret your experiences in a form that can be easily comprehended once you have dropped off the second plateau.

I find that the trick is to make some record of the trip after the mushrooms have peaked, but before you have left DXM space entirely. In my case, I would just say a few sentences into a voice recorder about what I had "seen" once I snapped back to reality. And if I found myself thinking "WTF just happened" after the trip, I would just listen to what I had recorded, and would almost always be left with a huge grin on my face as the memories flooded back to me. The exact nature of a trip this powerful is of course impossible to put into words, but the conscious mind will try very hard to re-interpret the experience in a form that can be more easily understood. The records I kept would not necessarily make a lot of sense to another person trying to comprehend the experience, but they proved to be a great tool for recalling and interpreting the mindblowing nature of the trip.

%)

Saucy, I'd reccomend experimenting with Special-K. Not overly high doseages though, because K can definitely overwhelm anything at a high enough doseage.

Wowzers, you took a ride ! Lol. You should have video taped it. The best creative thinking spawns like a river flows

^wow.

So bumping this thread has just inspired me to go find some DXM. This doesn't naturally sound like a combo that would work but from reports it sounds quality. Reckon 220mg DXM + like 20mg 4-aco-dmt would be good enough for a lighter ended trip? 220mg DXM put me at a fairly high 2nd plat. but it was one of, if not the first ever trip I had.
I choose 220mg so specifically because thats all i can get in one go in this place -.-

Cut your doses of both psilocybin and dxm in half. This combo can get exceptionally visual at even lower doses, especially with a bit of cannibis...

No doubt.

I was in a bit of kratom w/d s and back pain so I was using low doses of dxm to limp along until my Kratom gets here. Something like 30-50mg of dxm and I also took ~1.5g of 30% kavalactone kava extract that morning.

And then I had the idea of using a low dose of mushrooms (300mg cyanesis) as I know from personal expirence its a good anti inflammatory at sub threshold doses.

Well, I don't know if they were fantastic mushies, the Kava's mild Maoi affect or just the dxm with the low dose of mushrooms but it was far from sub threshold and nothing like a dxm trip. Visuals were a bit unexpected at thoses dosages, but definitely noticeable.

In any case, my back feels much better and I had a very interesting morning sitting on the back porch in the sun☺

Should have known better from past trips with mxe and 4-subbs, but either the dxm or the kava took things farther than I anticipated.

This was with pure dxm hbr BTW, no robotussin or other crap to cloud the dxm's affects, or negatively affect your health relatively compared to non pure dxm sources.