Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] DXM & Mushrooms

bluedolphin

Bluelight Crew
Mushrooms + DXM?

I've searched Erowid, Dextroverse, and Bluelight and not found much about this combination.

Let's say 354mg of DXM gets me into 3rd plateau space, and is a satisfactory trip for me.

Let's also say 2.5 grams of good mushrooms is about all I need.

How much would you take of each for a synergistic, impressive, but not overly insane trip?

Also I'd love any comments on this combo... all the reports I've read are either badly written or talk about doses much different than I was considering. I haven't touched DXM for a while, but this combination has always struck me as surely one of the strangest trips possible.

It gave me incredibly weird, alien-like visuals. It was if they were laid on top of my visual field. I can't even describe it. It's very easy to overshoot your mark, I've read, so be careful about dosage. I can't exactly remember my doses... maybe 250 mg's DXM followed by 1.75-2 grams of mushrooms after the DXM nausea wore off? Yes, that sounds right... My eyes were so incredibly messed up, I wish I had taken a photo. They were absolutely huge and completely black. There was absolutely NO way I would have been able to convince anyone I wasn't on drugs. I would be lying down, lose myself in my thoughts, and then come back to reality, just for a moment, then repeat. I felt mentally sober however... the DXM took away the fear of the mushrooms. This is definitely a combo I will be repeating in the future.

I wouldn't say the effects are that synergistic... Not that I need to tell YOU this, but just incase anyone else is reading this, But when ever you're putting a new combo of drug in yourself for the first time, best to start with smaller doses.

DXM and BZP was always a mix I dug... Like really smacky Es

i did much higher doses when i tried this combo[not even going to list them, would turn this harmless thread into a "omfg you psycho go kill yourself" thread] and it made the dex's closed eye much more solid looking and had a very natural sort of feel to it. normally my dxm closed eye visuals feel very manufactured, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and are kind of florescent and ethereal looking. the mush totally changed up the tone, but high doses of dxm come with such a crushing bodyload that i wasn't able to do much more than chill and watch the show behind my eyes. was definitely fun and is probably much more managable at your dose level, although i always hesitate to mix dxm with much more than greens and nos. vomiting while peaking on dxm and coming onto the shrooms would be horendously unpleasant ;[

A friend of mine did 1000 mg DXM and 1/8 of mushrooms one time. Now, he's over 300 pounds, but let's just say he couldn't even speak for well over 4 hours. He could kind of almost respond with grunts and squeaks sometimes (it was funny as hell) but for the most part his head was in a different world. As for your dose, i'd suggest half of your 3rd plateau DXM dose and then 1.25 g of mushrooms to start out. Or maybe even a little less. Remember, you can always take more after an hour, but you can't remove it once you've added. Always start at the low end. But from what my friends have told me, this combination is excellent! :) Be safe, and have fun!!!

BilZ0r said:
I wouldn't say the effects are that synergistic...

On the contrary. If you enjoy both of these chems I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy the combo. I know I had a wonderful trip.. IME they synergize perfectly!

Since you only need a small amount to get into a 3rd plateau, I would suggest you just start out with approximately 200/250 mg of dex. Maybe even a small booster dose of 75/100 mg.. 200 mg was enough for me, I thought I had taken more (I was under that impression at the moment).

If 2.5 grams is your average mushroom dose, then I would make that 2 grams for this combo, not overly intense and not too little.

Thanks guys!

I don't have any near-future plans for this one, but I have a feeling it will be happening sooner or later...

I dont mean to get off topic here, but have you considered trying a more user-friendly dissociative with less body load... a low end dose of ketamine (not enough for a hole) perhaps or even PCP if available. For me, the ketamine did almost the same thing the DXM does when combined with tryptamines, except it did it more effeciently, with less body load, and more euphoria.

I don't think the body load of low dose DXM trips are that bad. 200/300 mg of DXM might only make you a bit nauseous. Also, DXM lasts longer as Ketamine and shorter as PCP. The perfect duration for a Mushroom combo IMO.

Also, DXM lasts longer as Ketamine and shorter as PCP

True, a dissociative after glow may be a bit annoying when you're coming off of mushrooms. You could always re-dose with ketamine though...

i guess i'm just bias against dxm, could never eat the stuff above 250 mg w/o getting incredible body load. But this stuff seems to be very variable in that respect though...

Re: Mushrooms + DXM?

bluedolphin said:
I've searched Erowid, Dextroverse, and Bluelight and not found much about this combination.

Let's say 354mg of DXM gets me into 3rd plateau space, and is a satisfactory trip for me.

Let's also say 2.5 grams of good mushrooms is about all I need.

How much would you take of each for a synergistic, impressive, but not overly insane trip?

Also I'd love any comments on this combo... all the reports I've read are either badly written or talk about doses much different than I was considering. I haven't touched DXM for a while, but this combination has always struck me as surely one of the strangest trips possible.

I don't have any memories of combing the two exclusively (which doesn't mean that I didn't tho...) BUT I do remember taking DXM, mushrooms, mdma, lsd, and marijuana all in one sitting. Mostly, I remember feeling as if I were pinned against the wall with psychedelia that evening. I could hardly move my body against the tidal wave of altered consciousness that flooded the island of my mind. Visual distortions of every kind permeated my entire field of vision. Nothing sat still at all. Very intense, but also very blissful.

Last edited:
About a week ago, I ate 3 grams of mushrooms and ~250 mg of DXM and I found it to be a wonderful experience. While there was a noticable body load, it was not that unpleasant and went away after awhile. The visuals weren't part of my vision, but they weren't part of the world that I was looking at, either. It was really odd, but certainly worth checking out.

AlphaOdure --

I completely dislike Ketamine, actually. DXM is a much more comfortable and interesting drug for me both mentally and physically.

And I wouldn't know how to get PCP even if I wanted to ;)

I've been curious about mixing psychedelics with DXM, I mean i'm not that experienced with dxm but have had a couple 'trips' with it. Since I don't have something better like ketamine laying around I was curious about sometime trying a low dose of DXM with maybe Mipracetin or even 2C-E (read that was a good combo somewhere..). I don't think 2C-E dumps serotonin quite like 2C-I or some others would so I doubt low doses of each would be 'too dangerous' 8o .

Youd probably barf. Maybe with low DXM. IT might be nice if you had powder or something. Just definately dont use syrup or cough gels.

When I used Robbistussin DM syrup I didn't puke, I drank the syrup first then I the shrooms.
It was nice and intense for some parts, alot of audial (sp?) hallucinations, a weird falling sensations, i'de find myself "waking up" in a way, just letting my mind wander for so long it's like I lost touch with my body.
Wicked comedown, MDA and Shrooms had a better comedown.