• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] DXM & Mushrooms

Once, I mixed a strong third plateau dxm dose (900mg) with 1g copelandia cyanescens (extremely potent shrooms) at a psy-trance rave.
This was an intense combo, I was totally fucked up...but the heavy dxm induced confusion was flooding the shroom vibe, which is somewhat of a waste, anyway that was fun. Just don't ever mix alcohol with dxm. But lsd or shrooms are ok.

Over the summer I ate a bottle of Robo-gels and ate 2 grams of some caps. I smoked some herb as I was coming up and then I fell off the face of the planet for a while. Its a fun combo, has a good synergy to it, just don't over do it.

i did this combination once, although the shroom dose was low. i drank a bottle of robitussin maximum strength (eight oz) and about 1.5 grams of shrooms. all i can say is i definetly wasn't just robotripping. i spent maybe 2 hours just staring out my bedroom window. the wind seemed to be singing a song and the trees were sort of groaning deeply. i don't remember the visuals very well as this was well over a year ago but the trees were swaying about, sort of dancing. i know it wasn't just the wind because these are huge trees outside my window. overall i'd say its an amazing combination and i didn't even eat a lot of shrooms. very fun and i felt connected to the earth. before this i was totally agnostic, sort of ya there might be higher powers, might not, but now i know that mother nature exists, or rather that everything alive has an energy to it, a spirit or chi or watever word you wanna use, and we are all (plants, animals, the wind, the stars) connected, it just takes psychedelics to see this connection. i highly recommend this combo. SUCH a good trip, one of the most spiritual i've had, and i certainly wasn't expecting a life changing trip from a bottle of tussin and less than 2 grams of shrooms. amazing.

^^
Glad somebody else likes this combo ;)

First time I did this was with about 300-400mg DXM and about 1.5g of mush. I don't remember exact doses, but I was aiming for a light +++ and equal synergy. This was a few years ago but I remember being extremely impressed with the visuals and mindspace.

For more serious psychedelic mindbenders I suggest:
T+0:00h -- 300mg DXM or your equivilant 2nd plateau dose
T+2:00h -- 200mg more DXM (or enough to bump you into 3rd plateau with an extended, dissociative peak)
T+2:10h -- all the shrooms you want
T+8:00h -- a deep breath of fresh air

I will never do DXM and shrooms at same time ever again just cuz it gave me the worst trip ever....

I've done this combination on several occassions. Would always take the DXM first: 500-800mg of the powder, when available, then a gram or two of mushrooms one hour later (the Dex queasiness usually settles after an hour, and that would be the indicator of when to take the shrooms). It is a mind-blowing trip, with aspects of both substances. During one memorable trip it started raining hard, so I moved myself to my car parked in the driveway and sat inside listening to the rain falling on the roof. It was so immersing, I felt my body become an intricate structure of gutters spanning from the roof to the floor as all of the rain was channeled through me. It was soothing, and freed my mind from any physical constraints that might normally inhibit a trip.

On the flip side, a dex/shroom combo can be confusing and frustrating, and can take away from the wholesomeness of a good mushroom experience, especially in social situations (or anywhere outside the comfort of your own surroundings). I wouldn't recommend it for anything less than an intense introspective trip to be done on special occasions. ;) peace

I have never mixed DXM with mushrooms but I hope to try this combo eventually.

I have mixed DXM with 4-ho-mipt about 5 times and each trip was very intense and lots of fun. Probably the most intense trips I have had. Side effects were not too bad, even with 60mg 4-ho-mipt and 1 gram of DXM powder the only side effect was nausea. The nausea lasted less than an hour, I puked a little bit then it quickly went away. Near the peak of one the trips I was laying on my bed and I could sense these beings looking down at me through what looked like a rip in the fabric of the universe. I could also see them a little but not clearly enough to tell what they looked like. It felt like they were putting information and energy into my mind and body. It was a very strange experience. It was similar to a couple of my most intense salvia trips in many ways.

The nausea from mixing DXM with mushrooms would probably be worse than DXM+4-ho-mipt, I did get quite a bit of nausea on my last mushroom trip and 4-ho-mipt causes only slight nausea.

as 4-ho-mipt has some definite stimulant (especially during come up) I'm not sure it's a good idea to mix it with dxm (at least with high doses of dxm) as dxm+stimulant may cause hypertension and arythmia...while dxm+shrooms won't cause this problem

DXM + mushrooms are a great experience. I kind of overdid it(taking LSA+DXM+ mushrooms at the same time) but from my experience with DXM it's kind of MDMA-like.
Definitely works on serotonin somehow, as I feel a lot of "universal empathy" - probably universal because I mostly robotrip by myself due to the shitting and puking - and a genuine feeling of contentment, happy to sit around pondering things.
And mixed with MDMA it can - supposedly - give serotonin syndrome, I think that means something too.

So anyway, I found to the DXM+ mushroom experience kind of similar to my hippyflip experience. It killed the fear and increased visuals x 10.
But it was still quite a bit rougher mentally(physically too lol), which is good. MDMA+mushrooms is barely psychedelic as far as I remember - except for the insane visuals. No insights whatsoever. Just the MD mindstate, and a very short peak too.
The DXM allowed the mushrooms work directly on my ego, rather than having to shut down all the defending barriers first. If that makes any sense.
Even when thinking negative, I didn't feel bad due to the dissociation.
I'd like to combine ketamine with mushrooms sometime but for now, DXM is more than sufficient.

I was planning to revisit hippyflip next time I trip, but thinking about the robomushflip.. Makes me forget all about it :)

^im not sure if you noticed but it was written by BD, the same guy that started this thread, hehe

Psiocybin+DXM

Im going to (or considering) doing this combo this weekend

Im wondering in what order i should take these? mushrooms first then the DXM?(robogels, not triple C's..ughh) how should i space them apart?

would it be a good trip? are the two synergetic or would one overpower the other?

You would ingest the DXM first (eat it over 15-20 minutes to reduce nausea), as it takes a good 3 hours to fully kick in. Maybe consume the mushrooms 1 hour after the DXM.

I haven't tried this combination yet, but I've read very positive reports, indicating a powerful synergy.

Obviously it is crucial that you do this with maximum respect, these are two serious entheogens and your mind will be utterly blown.

Cut your doses of both psilocybin and dxm in half. This combo can get exceptionally visual at even lower doses, especially with a bit of cannibis...

I've heard great things, definitely on my to-do-list. I think tryptamines themselves mix well with DXM from what I've heard.

Have to agree with you Excido, tryptamines and DXM are an incredible experience, its aggravating how much the DXM impairs your memory of the experience, but other than that it can be really quite amazing. Reminiscent of DXM and cannabis, but to the 10th power.

I've only had the chance to mix LSA and DXM but Ive been curious about the psilocybin/DXM combo for a while myself. Ive been thinking about maybe mixing cohoba and DXM sometime in the future as a serious experiment, but am worried about the degree of inevitable nausea.