• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 2C-B & MDMA

20 mg being double as intense as 18 sounds like 2C-E. Or could be 2C-I or even 2C-T-2, but IMO not 2C-B, 2C-C and 2C-D. They don't seem to have such a steep dose-response curve. Although there are people I know who are incredibly sensitive to 2C-B and won't go over 20 mg, exactly as if it wasn't 2C-B they have but something else.

Personally I think even 35-40+ mg of 2C-B is doable but I don't expect to be doing anything but +++ tripping. Mind you I have extensive experience with it.

The combination with MDMA is heavenly, my best experience was when there were also things like GHB and weed and nitrous involved, and I insufflated pure MDMA crystals after the 2C-B peak had taken hold. It felt like love at first sight, directed at everything all at once. I seem to recall doing it in reverse order as well, which was cool but the MDMA overpowered everything more. My suggestion is first firmly establish a tripping underground and then take MDMA. You might want to tone down your 2C-B dose in the combination although I probably didn't tbh. Compared to other trips 2C-B is not that heavy.
Whatever you do, don't take them at the same time, the idea seems to be that it can be counterproductive. Call it one overpowering the other, or something else, I don't know exactly. Peak overlapping is better with some combos and not that good with others. In this case it may be a form of priming that you want.

Again, if your experience is not that extensive have much more respect for 2C-B and remember that it is still a psychedelic trip and not a trip to the mall.

Well, in a perfect world everyone could try both ways and see what they like best. =P

I'm anxious to try out 2CD with molly or methylone, as I don't expect to see 2CB any time soon.

I'd have to disagree with doing both at the same time being necessarily bad though. I mean, I wouldn't do it because it would probably just kick your ass to the ground for an hour or two and leave you in a daze... but that's what some people want.

I did some acid and mdma almost simultaneously once and it gave me the "wah wahs" like nitrous does, only it lasted a lot longer. I think all I did was lay there on the couch though... high as hell but nonfunctional. I don't remember it all lasting very long either as compared to normal acid trips that go on for hours.

Thanks guys. Some good info.

I just hope this combo is available now I've hyped myself up for it! I suppose in the end, I know I will do the MD first, because it's so familiar and relaxing. I'm always a little erm...apprehensive (?) when I try new compounds, so I think a few beers, some MD and then 20mg or less of the 2C-B it is then. Normally after MD I really don't care what happens next. The last time I had some MD I had some shrooms after the peak. It was divine bliss, so I know psychedelics and MDMA are good :)

...On that note, and out of interest, how would you say 2C-B and shrooms differ in combo with MDMA? Is there more energy involved with 2C-B maybe? I remember with the shrooms, it was quite strong couch lock as I gazed at the Matrix style dripping colours down the walls :)

I like to dance on 2cb and feel much more energized and nimble than w/ shrooms. I already have a bias against alcohol but would recommend against beer with 2cb. It's really beautiful on its own and think alcohol might dull it a bit. Maybe not though; IDK.

I highly suggest to never mix alcohol with MDMA or any psychedelics for that matter, unless consumed at or near the end of a trip.

Alcohol in small doses will dull effects of MDMA, and if you're not careful and get drunk first the combination can easily lead to blackouts and vomiting.

Shrooms and 2CB would predictably be much more visual and carry a greater potential for bodyload. You probably would be permanently glued to the couch while purple and green swirls clouded your vision and the Matrix played on the television in front of you, regardless of whether or not there really is a television there. ;-P

I have taken 2c-b in combination with mdma, and it was freaking amazing. It added to the euphoria and also gave the roll a nice trippy feel.

Thanks guys. Some good info.

I just hope this combo is available now I've hyped myself up for it! I suppose in the end, I know I will do the MD first, because it's so familiar and relaxing. I'm always a little erm...apprehensive (?) when I try new compounds, so I think a few beers, some MD and then 20mg or less of the 2C-B it is then. Normally after MD I really don't care what happens next. The last time I had some MD I had some shrooms after the peak. It was divine bliss, so I know psychedelics and MDMA are good :)

...On that note, and out of interest, how would you say 2C-B and shrooms differ in combo with MDMA? Is there more energy involved with 2C-B maybe? I remember with the shrooms, it was quite strong couch lock as I gazed at the Matrix style dripping colours down the walls :)

I'm going to heavily advise taking the MDMA at the same time as the 2cb. Granted, I know 2cb is a shorter acting psychedelic, but I think that it's safe to say the experience will probably be 6 hours minimum, and i think it's just silly to 1) misaline the peaks and 2) be coming down from MDMA while significantly tripping on 2cb.

but eh, not sure i ahven't tried the combo personally.

I have taken them together and staggered and I prefer the staggered method WAY more.

I'd dose 150 mgs mdma and then 30 mgs 2cb at 3-4 hours after the MDMA onset so that way the 2cb kind of catches you before you crash, Its a really smooth transition if done properly. I find taking them so the peaks coincide maybe a bit more intense but less enjoyable and worthwhile IMO.

Id recommend against the booze as well, its a pretty amazing combo.

Thanks again, some more opinions to mix in.

As for the alcohol thing...I'm not sure where you guys are from, but maybe it's a Brit thing. Most of us over here tend to load up with a few beers with MDMA. I rarely drink after I've taken it, my body says no. But before hand I like the cushion it gives. And the messy nature of it as well if I'm honest. So yeah, maybe a culture thing. I mean lets face it, us Brits have a slight reputation for alcohol binges to say the least. I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm sure it's not. And I will admit to blanks during the night, but I always enjoy what I do remember, so I'm happy with my lot I guess :) I will take it easy though.

I didn't like 2C-B with mushrooms, it was like they were competing to tell their own story line and wouldn't play nice. It was hard to get to middle ground on the combo and it was pretty confusing and tiresome.

Shulgin and a lot of other people have written reports saying that after the initial MDMA peak if you take 2cb, the 2cb will lengthen the roll and make it a more trippy euphoric roll.

I am hesitant to ask this here as it is just a tad off subject... but then again I don't think it would make more sense to start a new thread for it when we are discussing its brother (or sister) here:

Do any of you think that a medium dose (8-?15? mg) of 2C-E could be used for a similar effect?

It probably shows that my suggestion to the OP would be: take the mdma first, then after the peak-to-on the way down take the 2c-b. 20 mg would likely be a good dose. 2c-b is way more tame than 2c-e.

B is not that common in these parts - I definitely read your of your expecting to just find some with some envy.

Ive mixed 2ce with MDMA once in a recreational enviornment. I went with 20 mgs 2ce first because of its duration then dosed the MDMA at the 2 hr mark, pretty much like how I candyflip.

Thank you, but that is not what I was asking. I was asking specifically about the "Shulgin method" that I quoted.

I find that the 2c-e first method is very "meh". Yes, with lsd... that is the way, IMO. With 2c-e first, the mdma (200+ mg) is almost not noticeable. Just seems to intensify the 2c-e and make it more speedy, twitchy, and uncomfortable later. I have read of others having the same experience, but obviously not everybody.

I have been intrigued with this 2c-b Shulgin method for quite a while, but very rarely come across B. I thought that low-dose 2c-e at the tail end of an mdma session might have a similar outcome. One thing to note is that I have read in multiple writings that mdma may inhibit the enzyme that breaks down 2c-e, thereby strengthening the effects. 2c-e also for many is more euphoric at lower doses (imo moreso than 2c-b) and may work even better to lengthen the mdma euphoria while adding even more visuals.

I am actually pretty interested in the mdma first method for other psychedelic combinations - have had enough experience with the psy-first... now interested in getting a full mdma experience (never quite do with the psy-first methods, although it is arguably much more deep and interesting - just not quite the same serotonin rushing mdma experience)... then using that ultra euphoric love to direct a light psychedelic experience. Tried once with shrooms and it was amazing. There is no "coming down off mdma while tripping" that everyone seems concerned with. There really is no comedown per say. It just flows on amazingly... but would want to keep the psy light. It actually adds a nice insightful perspective on the "roll" (i hate that term). Its also worth noting that the "comedown" is enjoyed, not dreaded, for those of us who know better. Once the proper methods to easing off the mdma are learned (mostly mental-spiritual or social... nutritional), the "comedown" is almost looked forward to. Thats when the deeper, more interesting (IMO) psychedelic side of mdma shows its face.
So, actually this is all related - definitely stand on the "mdma first" side of this, especially with 2c-b.

Last edited:
^ I enjoyed dosing 2ce first and then the MDMA, I had detailed visuals I had not experienced on either alone and it was a great trip. MDMA actually dominated the experience too when it came on, so I guess you may have just had bad luck. I couldn't dose 2ce or LSD after coming off MDMA, Im almost certain it would be too exhausting for my taste.

That "Shulgin Method" is specifically when mixing MDMA and 2cb btw.

Last edited:
"That "Shulgin Method" is specifically when mixing MDMA and 2cb btw."

thank you for your response - yes - I know that is exactly what they were referencing. I guess maybe I wasn't clear that I was asking if the same could be accomplished with a low-dose 2c-e in the same way? I thought I was but guess not.

I think its important to note here what you said, that you had only experienced them both in the way you described - neither alone. So I wouldnt really expect you to be able to necessarily answer this question.

"I couldn't dose 2ce or LSD after coming off MDMA, Im almost certain it would be too exhausting for my taste"
would you do it with 2c-b? they are very different at high doses (on the 2c-e end).... but fairly similar when 2c-e is at a low dose... so to come full circle again here - Im wondering if the same could be accomplished.
With the psychedelics that I have experimented this order with - there IS no mdma comedown - only extension and a trip. Its also important to note though that mdma "comedowns" per say dont get us down and for all meaningful discussion here dont even really exist. They did when we were newer to it... then we learned - nitrous, cannabis, deep discussion, sex, ketamine, craft beer, wine, 5htp, magnesium, b-6, multivitamins, omega 3, and/or other helpers. Sitting around with friends discussing mind-blowing subjects of universal wonder seems to really be the most powerful!
have fun!

Maybe you can try getting a hold of 2CD instead of 2CB? I haven't tried B but it seems like D can't be too far off from what I felt off it recently... at least it seems to be a lot more manageable than the 2CE I had tried a few times a few years ago, and is very "warm & fuzzy" like 2CB is often referred to. I certainly don't remember 2CE doing that so I am skeptical that it could replace 2CB.

I could definitely see where something like 2CD or 2CB would turn a "comedown period" into a new experience. I think an important consideration is the dose you take. What kind of experience do you want? A full on trip with visuals or just maybe something to hit the apparent sweet spot Shulgin & cotrippers seem to mention about this whole "roll extension" thing?

Whether or not it would be tiring, I guess it depends on how much you have slept lately, where you are, what you plan on doing for it all and how long you can keep going for.

Just going back to one of my other points....The choice may be mushrooms and MDMA or 2cb and MDMA. How would you describe the difference? Which (in your view) is best?

Shulgin and a lot of other people have written reports saying that after the initial MDMA peak if you take 2cb, the 2cb will lengthen the roll and make it a more trippy euphoric roll.

Does anyone have a link to shulgins reports? I searched google and it bought me to this thread.

It might be in the first half of the book PIHKAL in which case you will not find it easily.

This is getting merged into the appropriate 2C-B subthread.

I find taking them so the peaks coincide maybe a bit more intense but less enjoyable and worthwhile.

I have yet to try staggering the doses starting with MDMA and following with 2c-b as the roll begins trailing off. Aligning the peaks, for me, led to a strange happy, but restless state. I felt amazing (when I managed to close my eyes and take a deep breath), the visuals were breath-taking, but the level of energy and stimulation were way too much for me.

I had a setting catastrophe, too. In an attempt to spend some of the extra energy and to get some fresh air, I took a walk at a nearby park, that's rather large and only moderately populated at the time of day I visited.

Everything was going swimmingly until I heard an otherworldly, guttural moan, followed by some sharp, raspy barks... In my impaired peripheral vision, I was able to establish that the frightening noises were coming from a man vertical, but otherwise lifelessly draped against a tree in the saddest posture.

As I passed, he turned around and I nearly lost it - he had elephantiasis or some serious facial and cranial disfigurement. I did my best to keep my composure even though the sudden sight of him in combination with what I had observed of his behavior had me freaked out.

The guy was harmless. In a more sober mental space, I wouldn't have had any trouble with these circumstances. I felt deeply sickened with myself that I wasn't able to handle it better, but I couldn't deny the terror I felt.

He had a sitter standing nearby, and I simply heard the sitter utter the words, "just be polite and gentle." At the time I didn't understand what the sitter was essentially approving, but next thing I know, the guy was lumbering toward me in an awkward shuffle.

He sidled up closely enough that i had to take a small step back, then he moaned something unintelligible to me twice at what felt like 3 inches from my face, then shrieked. All the while, visually his face was undergoing some gruesome distortions, thanks to the 2C-B, and this word "metempsychosis" kept ringing in my head, as if this guy was going to somehow switch souls with me.

The only thing I think I did right was to keep cool on the surface. I am certain that I looked confused, but I made a concerted effort not to let on that i was terrified. The sitter asked me if I could give the guy a hug, so I did and I was held there for maybe one full minute, while I had the breathe squeezed out of me.

It was really sweet, though, that he just wanted to hug me. I felt worse than ever about myself for not having my wits about me to deal with the situation as a compassionate fellow human being. Instead my own fears kept me from easily and gratefully receiving that hug.

Maybe it was meant to happen... Regardless, it was a rough lesson that didn't go too well with the trip.

Last edited: