View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Combining psychedelics with 5-MAPB

Saucy

Bluelighter
On one hand, I would think that 5-MAPB could potentially be more amenable to psychedelic combinations than Methylone or MDMA due its less stimulating nature. On the other, I know from experience that 5-APB tends not to combine particularly well with psychedelics (except LSZ, but what doesn't combine well with LSZ?). I feel like 5-MAPB falls somewhere in the middle of the two, so I am unsure how well it would mix.

If anyone has experience combinining 5-MAPB with one or more psychedelics, sharing your experience here would be greatly appreciated! I'm really just thinking out loud for the rest of this post, so if you have an experience to share, but don't want to listen to me ramble on, feel free to skip everything below this and share your experience. Thanks in advance!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have little doubt that LSZ + 5-MAPB would be an excellent combination, but given the outrageous prices of LSZ these days, I am not looking to spend that much money on a single experience. LSD is a drug that is almost always best on it's own, in my opinion.

4th position substituted tryptamines seem to be hit-or-miss in combination with empathogens. Sometimes they blend well (particularly with 4-HO-DMT and 4-AcO-DMT), but in my experience, the larger the amine substituents, the more the drugs seem to struggle for dominance over one another. Even 4-HO-MET typically seems to clash a little in my experience, and I have been told larger compounds like 4-HO-MiPT are egregiously overstimulating in addition to being a mental clusterfuck when combined with MDMA or Methylone. 5th position substituted tryptamines would likely be potentially dangerous in combination with 5-MAPB due to their monoamine reuptake inhibition properties, so I am staying away from the combination of any of those with an empathogen. I had a friend develop permanent HPPD from a single comination of 5-MeO-DiPT with MDMA.

Phenethylamine combinations with 5-MAPB are what I would be particularly interested in hearing. I have Escaline, Proscaline, Allylescaline, and Methallylescaline on hand at the moment, and I am especially enticed by the idea of an Allylescaline + 5-MAPB combo. Escaline and Proscaline I'm sure would be fine, but I doubt they would really add much to the experience. Methallylescaline scares me a bit, so I'm leaving that off the table for now.

Lastly, the possibility of a RC "Nexus Flip" with this drug seems like a potentially golden combo. 2C-B (or 2C-T-2) taken 2 hours after MDMA produces a unique and magical mental experience, while potentiating and perpetuating the positive physical effects of both drugs. If you're not familiar with this, you don't have to take my word for it; it's a well documented phenomenon. My 2C-B supply is depleted, but I still have plenty of T2 left, so here's what I'm leaning towards, above all other potential combinations discussed here:

T-0:00: 100mg of 5-MAPB
T-2:30: 20mg of 2C-T-2
T-5:00: 20mg of 4-HO-DMT

Any thoughts, input, suggestions, comments, or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--
Saucy

Last edited:
I've never combined psychedelics with 5-mapb but I have plenty of times with plain 5-apb... I don't have any trip reports but here's a summary of one of my trips posted in the B&D 5-apb thread. IMO monoamine releasers don't synergize with psychedelics for me like they do others, this includes MDMA, MDA, 6-apb, 5-apb and every other releaser excluding aMT which seems to combine with everything. The combos are still fun but it takes away from the depth of the psychedelic which is the experience I prefer of the two.

Here's my summary of my trip with 30mgs of 4-ho-met, 130mgs of 5-apb hcl, and 20mgs plugged 2c-c... I would imagine the experience would be similar with mapb.

" So I ended up doing 130mgs of 5-APB, 30mgs 4-HO-MET, and 20mgs of 2c-c and had a blast. Only thing that I didn't like was that the psychedelics seemed to be fighting with the 5-APB. I popped the metocin about an hour and a half after the 5-APB and as the trip started coming on I could feel the euphoria from the 5-APB weaken a bit and the visuals from the 4-HO-MET were weaker than they should've been had I taken it alone so I tried to step it up by rectally administering 20mgs of 2c-c and tbh that didn't do much.

Overall though it was a very colorful and euphoric combo, no real stimulation though, seems like a good 'chill at home' combo. Another thing I noticed that like MDMA, the 5-APB seemed to lighten up the headspace. At no point did I have a single trippy thought but then again metocin and 2c-c are both very gentle chemicals so take that for what it's worth. Duration was about 7-8 hours and I feel 100% today, no comedown or drained feeling and hopefully no depression but that symptom typically doesn't show till around day 3 or so."

Just a few notes:

Not a real flip, but after a night of 5-MAPB (500 mg, yeah it's probably too much but we're both heavy and this dosage has worked very well for us for some time now) we decided to do 4-HO-MET. Our normal recreational dose of 4-HO-MET is 60 mg (at 70 mg nausea sets in), but we suspected a cross-tolerance from the before mentionend bombardment of our serotonin receptors, so we took 100 mg in the hope to achieve some morphing walls, color enhancement, nothing too fancy.

What followed was the most beautiful, blissful experience we've ever had. Somehow 5-MAPB seems to prevent both body load and nausea, so 100 mg were no problem and hit us with nearly full strenght, on the other hand this produced wonderfully complex optics, fractals, that were spanning the whole room in a kind of 3D-fashion. As all senses were heightened musical experience was extremely boosted and combined with the INSANE time dilation, every song was a pleasurable adventure of both acoustics and optics (because the optics interacted with the music).

Thanks for the responses, guys. Much appreciated. I'll add my experiences to this thread once I find time to try out an interesting combination with 5-MAPB.

I was under the impression that combining 2ct-x's with MDMA type drugs was dangerous. Most of the deaths that happened with t-7 were in combination with MDMA.

Yes, I would certainly avoid 2C-T-X compounds in this mix, also AMT might not be such a good idea.

As I have suffered severe after-effects from using 5-mapb that include Brain Zaps, depression, anxiety & many other symptoms, I would advise against using 5-mapb with a psychedelic of any kind.

I am biased against 5-mapb, I'm happy to admit that ;)

^ You and a few other reports of lasting negative effects from 5-MAPB have kept me from ingesting this substance, I know that there are MANY others who have taken 5-MAPB with no problems but I would rather stick to plain 5/6-APB which feel clean for me and have yet to cause any problems besides minor depression for a couple days if I over indulge. Si Ingwe, what were your doses again?

The amazing (or rather weird) thing is how differently people react.

On the side we've got several people with very strong adverse reactions and long lasting and very nasty side effects on very low doses. On the other side we've got others (myself and my trip buddy included) who encounter no comedown whatsoever even after stupidly high doses (which apart from producing no real comedown will probably be very bad for the brain nonetheless, so don't do it). We even had one really bad binge (which I'm pretty ashamed off) which surely produced some very uncomfortable after effects but nothing compared to the amount taken.

^ Even effects comparisons between the APB's are off the wall. Some say 6-apb is more stimmy, some say 5-apb is more stimmy...most say 6-apb is more psychedelic and euphoric, however I find that to be the opposite when compared to 5-apb 8(. I've come to realize how useless other peoples experiences can be when researching the APB's, 6-apb was the complete opposite of what a good 75% of people said for me! (Very rough estimate on the % of course)

^ You and a few other reports of lasting negative effects from 5-MAPB have kept me from ingesting this substance, I know that there are MANY others who have taken 5-MAPB with no problems but I would rather stick to plain 5/6-APB which feel clean for me and have yet to cause any problems besides minor depression for a couple days if I over indulge. Si Ingwe, what were your doses again?

Wow, have I actually got through to someone! Sorry, I wandered off. I'm back again.

Firstly, it must be noted that I used 5-mapb on top of an already damaged serotonergic system following a period of compulsive stimulant use, primarily Mephedrone. My doses of 5-mapb weren't particulaly high, I insufflated about 50mg on each of two days, back-to-back. I then took two days off, felt fine &, stupidly, repeated the regime. I was very severly laid up with violent Brain Zaps, vertigo, nausea, vomitting, anxiety, depression & a category of other unpleasant symptoms similar but much more intense to those documented as being caused by SSRI Discontinuation Syndrome. This dreadful health event hit about a week after the last use of 5-mapb, lasted about 3 days, trapping me in bed with it's severity. It was one of the most unpleasant & frightening experiences of my life & I've had other, life-long health problems, some that have endangered my life, so I'm hardly inexperienced with illness.

Although this happened well over 12 months ago, I am still suffering the occasional Brain Zap, & still fighting depression & anxiety. I am winning, now, however :)

150 ug of AL-LAD and ~60 mg of 5-MAPB is happening tonight for a show. This combo was recommended due to the two having similar timelines. Would it be recommended to dose both at the same time?

Ah, it's first thing in the morning for me, that's my only defense... 8)

Yes, I would certainly avoid 2C-T-X compounds in this mix, also AMT might not be such a good idea.

No doubt AMT combined with other monoamine releasers / reuptake inhibitors is a potentially risky proposition. From my understanding, however, the concern regarding 2C-T-X combinations (due to MAOI properties) is not actually applicable to most 4-alkylthio phenethylamines (unless an alpha-methyl substitution is also present).

2C-T-7 has definitively been shown to be an inhibitor of MAOa at recreational dosages. However, to my understanding, most of the other 2C-T's (2C-T-2 included) do not reach threshold concentrations for MAO inhibition to be relevant within the recreational dosage range. Anecdotally, this is supported by the lack of negative interactions that are reported with combinations of other 2C-T's with monoamine releasers, and IIRC, Ann Shulgin actually conducted numerous trials with 2C-T-2 taken at the tail end of MDMA for psychotherapy purposes without any problems reported. Do date, as far as I know, the only deaths resulting from 2C-T combinations involve 2C-T-7.

Yeah I think you're right, and even then it was generally 2C-T-7 combined with serotonin releasers, usually MDMA.

I've inadvertantly mixed it with 4FA. Not a psychadelic, I know, but it did make my sink float on an ocean that was the counter once after a sesh. No after effects thank goodness. As to the folks having the brainzaps and such, I think they may have gotten bad batches, because when I first got it, I used it four times in one week with absolutely no ill effects. Granted I took 5 htp, Omega 3,6,9, Choline, Vitamin B complex, etc (As is my normal regimen). I'm really sorry for what they went through, especially Rainey, but unless it is a genetic thing, or based on previous use patterns, I just don't see why I'm totally fine after my initial binge.

5-MAPB with 4-HO-MET and 2-FMA is a great MDMA replacement with a 6-8 hours duration :)

Doses were 60:8:20mg.

^ Would you say that this combo extended the effects of the 5-MAPB? for me, 5-mapb at 60mg lasted 3h at best, so how can it last 6-8 hours? Could it be only because of the difference in our body chemistry?