• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Colloquialisms

Norman = norman no mates. Someone with no friends.

Talking ´oarie / oary´- talking in slang and rough instead of using proper words, e.g. ken, nut, eh, aye etc.
up in the north east, 'orrah' means rough or dirty (not necessarily and not usually about the spoken word). i wonder if they have a similar etymology.

lot of terms used round my way, add to the list is uuhh

Cul - someone who is a bit lost in the head.
Radje - The act of someone going Cully

"I couldnt believe Cheese last nite, pure cul, went radge on that guy for doing extra rockets of her greengo."

Dangly ham - A woman with larger than normal piss flaps.

Saw a fit fit bird from behind while driving around in the white van and the driver lent out the window and went 'oi oi', when she tuned round he went 'uurrrgggghhh!!!! front munt!'.

See also BOBFOC - Body Off Baywatch, Face Off Crimewatch.

wastegash - my ex girlfriend. not in general like just mine

the whole bare you get me thing got so ridiculous around here that it ended up as 'gets & jets' with emphasis on hissing the sssssssssss

now i think were the only community south of the border to use 'ken' on a regular basis . How wonderful it was when we looked at the dictionary and found it meant 'gets & jets' in Scottish :)

oraate bod - you ok friend
nah then - hello
get some munch on't thrash - cook some food
skin up a bifta - roll a joint
am gunna gerra bag o round uns - i am going to get a bag of pills
am off me ed - i am intoxicated
am pissed out me face - i am intoxicated with alcohol
wot wo shi doin the fuckin munter - what was she doing the tramp
thats abag o pants - thats rubbish!
bang a flick on - put a film on
am goin't bog - i am going to the toilet
sort ya sen arrt - sort youself out, stop being silly
tha daft twat - you silly person
a'ya chippin in on this green - do you want to split the price for some weed
am from sheffield tha knoooorrs!

Bumpity.

I loves me some local colour so look forward to discovering some more goodies here :)

Hee hee, I knew exactly what xpensivtaste was on about. (You missed Tintintin -- it isn't in the tin, burrall let thee off.)

Here in Derby (more strictly, as you head North out of town) the dialect is quite similar, if diluted, but tending perhaps more towards a sort of milder form of Brummie as you go South of the river Derwent. Town itself has a constantly-changing mix of people from all over; but in the former pit villages, local dialect flourishes by reinforcement.

Has' (with an actual hissing "s" sound, not sounding like a "z") means "have you" -- Has' sin Chris? -- Have you seen Chris? Ascot Drive -- an industrial estate just to the South of Derby City Centre. Or "Have you got to drive?" (No, there are buses down London Road and Osmaston Road, i.e. the main roads past each end of Ascot Drive .....)
A thoroughfare formed between two buildings is a jitty (though unsatisfying sex is like chucking a cocktail sausage up Sadler Gate), and a bread roll of any kind is a cob.
Dinner can refer equally to either lunch or supper, whichever is the bigger of the two meals (but pubs that serve food do dinners).
Nobody ever confuses loose (as in the opposite of tight) with lose (as in what you want Forest to do), since the latter rhymes with nose (as in smelling organ).
Bost is broken. ('As' bost it? Berra lerrus 'ai a look at it 'fore anyone else sizz.)

Fanny like a pound of liver dropped in the barbers bin.

Fanny like chewbacca after a knife fight.

Got teeth like a burnt picket fence / medicine mans necklace.

"She bangs like a shithouse door when the plague's in town"

(The Macc Lads)

Yo stopped reading just not to forget what I wanted posted. There is some rough translation at work but I ll include the normal Dutch word used. Or when it a sentence a rough approach.

Sco2 - police
Doekoe - money
Groos - Proud (Trots)
Look on infinite, intellect on nil. (Blik op oneindig, verstand op nul.)

You feel it just by putting it down, and it works just as good in English to my suprise. But my interpretation was that it underlinded the importance of keeping on going. Hence the use of the the word going although there is most probable a better colloquialisme that I am unaware of ;) But I think it has some multi adaptable depth to it.

Last edited:
"Keep the leak on the upperside"

Got said alot as last thing to say after the goodbye's kisses and such.

"Wild Mussels" Young women, look up how these shell animal once boiled looks on the inside and you get the connexxion.

How do I post a random pic on blue anyway. Can I download a image from internet and put it in a image shack and then add it to here. I still not any close to getting that working for me. It would certainly compliment my last colloquialisme. A picture of a Mytilus edulis preferably spread open wide ;).

Last edited: