• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Colloquialisms

i thought it was 'ber', which possibly means 'very'.

i could be wrong though, cos i'm out of touch with young people.

i was never sure either to be honest, it's pronounced 'Buuuuur" down here and usually only spouted by cretins.

I just robbed buuuuuur grannys or the CSA are buuuuur getting on my case for non payment

Gadge/gadgie is total edinburgh patter. Read Irvine Welsh, cunt shouts that all the time.

Dafty is 100% Glasgow chat. It's impossible to get the pronunciation across in text but "That cunt''s a pure daaaaawfty!!!" is about the best I can do.

or following on from that you could call someone a "mink" or "you're fucking minkboats mate!", adding "boats" to the end is quite popular. Instead of "He was pure steaming" you could shout "he was pure steamboats man"
just to correct a couple of things - gadge/gadgie must be an east coast thing, i was saying that long before i'd read trainspotting.

i must have picked up dafty from somewhere else recently, because i'm always calling a certain someone in this household that. ;)

also, mink/minky and *****boats isn't just glasgow, they're pretty common up in the north east too. there are few better putdowns than calling someone 'a fucking minky bastard'. :D (also see 'manky' which means the same thing.)
... they are always singing that "i've got a brand new combined harvester' tune at me the fucking northern monkey car thieving cunts
aaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaah!!! =D
The good thing about here is, you go far north in England & they'll nick your car to sell it. Go further north to around the Glasgow area & we'll just smash your car up for a laugh. Go even further north past Glasgow & cunts will burn you at the stake for making lumps of metal move with witchcraft.
*chortle* :D
yeah your £5k off its tits shiny mac book pro should defiantly have a mic in it. probably carved out of ivory or conflict-zone-diamonds.
hehe. :D

ooooohhh... i'm just here for the banter. ;)

fucking hell the way people i know have started using banter too, horror.

The equivalent of deek round here would be swatch "Have a swatch at that!"

Gadge/gadgie is total edinburgh patter. Read Irvine Welsh, cunt shouts that all the time.

Radge is another one. As in mental. "That cunt's pure radge man" or " He went fuckin' radge!"

Dafty is 100% Glasgow chat. It's impossible to get the pronunciation across in text but "That cunt''s a pure daaaaawfty!!!" is about the best I can do.

they're proper newcastle words, we obviously didn't build hadrians wall high enough, and some of yous taxed our words. Having a bit of a read and it's impossible to tell who stole words from who it seems that they all have a common origin. best local ale ever (name anyway):

radgie.gif

Do folk in England ever call someone a donut? "Shut the fuck up ya donut!". I don't know if that's a local thing or not.

i know people down bristol way who use donut

Doughnut is quite common I think.

Last edited:
Beaut, roaster/cheese toaster - topper/fool/cracker

Shit's braw - harsh

Budgied/badgered - smashed

Gunt - the bit between your gut and your cunt. I was told this by a very classy women, hahaha!

Potatoe wedgers, badgerz, wedgie coffs - eccies

Gudge, bey, coff, scoff, skiff, manny - just like saying here mate. It's like, "crack ee day manny", "crack ee day skiff manny" etc.

There's probably loads of better ones from round here I can't think of right now...

Crab Ladder - the hair that runs from your belly button to your cock

Crab Ladder - the hair that runs from your belly button to your cock

Ooo err I find that quite the sexiest thing on a man - "I get the hots on your crab ladder" :\ it just doesn't have a sexy ring about it does it :|

haha!

hoople :: new york city lower west side tenement word for a dufus, an immensely thick eejit .