• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine help

forestman4

Bluelighter
So I have 20×15mg codeine sulfate tablets.
I've done codeine lots of time before, but the effects always vary!

Sometimes I have the greatest euphoria, sometimes nothing but an itchy skin sometimes I just feel light headed.

So I decided to do 300 mg day before yesterday, I had some euphoria, but my body heated up and I lost the effect in like 20 min.

The greatest I've had was when I dosed 150mg, euphoria lasted a solid hour.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Most of the times I eat before taking the tablets so I don't cause an ulcer.. is this the problem

Can someone give me tips for the perfect codeine sulfate experience please ☺

How long ago did you experience the 150mg euphoria?

How often do you use Codeine?

Taking higher doses of Codeine actually increases side effects and doesn't necessarily increase euphoria.

If you're needing to take higher doses each time, your body is slowly building a tolerance.

Codeine has a ceiling dose of ~450mg.

If you aren't enjoying 300mg, then you may want to have a final attempt with 400mg but I don't think there's anymore fun to be had with you taking any further doses, as the amount you are currently taking is close to the ceiling dose.

I would advise that you give this up, before you end up in a messy situation with dependence issues.

Those 2 weekly useages will inevitably turn into 3 weekly, then before you know it, you will find yourself in shit street, needing to use multiple times on a daily basis.

Trying to 'get high' with Codeine is simply not worth it. I've been there - with disastrous consequences and I wouldn't want the same to happen to you.

Stay safe x

^^ above is why u use 2 times a week or whatever u said. As long as u dont use more than like 3 times in a row and then put at least those days in between doses u should be fine. Iv only taken 180mg and threw up several times,never got to enjoy it so i cant tell u anything there make sure ur usinf the cwe if they contain any othet active ingrediants but codeine

Hmm. Thanks guys.. I'm Rich enough to be able to afford a drug hobbit so..

Hmm. Thanks guys.. I'm Rich enough to be able to afford a drug hobbit so..
I am going to be loving when u discover the hellish feeling of restlessness in all ofnyour limbs keeping you up for days and being incredibly naseuas and lots of other stuff haha. The best is the rls you will get because that just feels like the worst feeling you could get especially since ur acting so in control of the situation

Unless maybe you make 7 figures a year, you're not rich enough to afford an indefinitely growing opioid habit. And probably not even then.

I am going to be loving when u discover the hellish feeling of restlessness in all ofnyour limbs keeping you up for days and being incredibly naseuas and lots of other stuff haha. The best is the rls you will get because that just feels like the worst feeling you could get especially since ur acting so in control of the situation

"I'm rich enough to be able to afford a drug hobbit." I wish I could afford my own mythical drug beast. No one else caught that? Pill-Bo Baggins (Not taking credit for that joke). Forestman, take comfort in knowing that if and when you do experience Opioid withdrawal, you will have a cosmic twin delighting in your pain in Justtakethat, so, it won't be all bad.

Now, Codeine is going to outlive its usefulness as a recreational substance pretty quickly. Everyone's trajectory may vary, but sporadic dosing throughout the week is just a stepping stone on the way to daily use, addiction and dependence.

Codeine addiction is no joke, here I am four years on, on a subutex detox as I couldn't handle codeine cold turkey, please be careful, it does grab a hold of u very quick. But to answer ur question the first thing u are doing wrong is taking on a full stomach, only ever got euphoria on an empty stomach, you'll need a lot less of the drug if you don't eat first, I found euphoria increased if took with caffeine eg redbull but again I'm not suggesting you do this :) once ur tolerance builds then 300mg will do nothing for you anymore except keep you out of withdrawal for a few hours, which might lead you to stronger opiates, please use a little as possible and less regular if you must carry on, biggest mistake of my life was making it a daily habit, and look where that got me. Take care xo

Even if u were rich enough to keep getting high for years which would be alot of money... You would still want to use with days inbetween to keep dependance away getting addictrd to drugs "because u can" is the stupidist thing ever and when ur in withdrawal ull think differently

OMG. I just had the worst few days after codeine :( sleepless nights.. headaches...

I think it's time to quit. And move on

OMG. I just had the worst few days after codeine :( sleepless nights.. headaches...

Yes please quit while it's only mild withdrawal, because full blown addiction to codeine is hell. Might be a weak opiate but it definitely sucks when it comes to withdrawing from it, good luck :)

Codiene withdrawal is about 5 on discomfort scale benzo withdrawal 9-10 Brutal.

Be smart and take mine and others' advice to quit whilst you're ahead.

I've been to hell and back with opiate/opioid abuse and dependence.

I started much the same as you, trying to 'get high' from Codeine. 100mg turned into 200mg, 200mg then turned into 400+mg. I then moved onto DHC, because Codeine didn't cut it any longer. 200mg of DHC rapidly rose to eventual dosages of 600+mg 2-3 times daily.

Then came the evil that is Tramadol. This is, by far, the most horrendous addiction and withdrawal that I have ever experienced. I thought that I was literally in hell and was dying. Please do not go there.

My last 2 opioid affairs were with Morphine Sulfate and then Oxycodone. I then vowed to kick opiates/opioids ass and painfully, but successfully withdrew for good. That was just over a year ago and I haven't looked back since, however, I have had ongoing issues with drugs of the stimulant variety.

Anyway, please get out whilst you can mate. There's hope for you yet. Be wise.

Honestly I'm just sticking to cigarettes and alcohol for now. I don't know where things take me next.

I just don't want to be depressed all the time you know... codeine helps.. I'm gonna go cold for 2 weeks than start.

I just don't want to be depressed all the time you know... codeine helps.. I'm gonna go cold for 2 weeks than start.

Yeah it does help with depression, it did for me, but now I find myself even more depressed because of paws. (Post addiction withdrawal syndrome) they don't tell you that once the physical withdrawal is over then the mental is so much worse. Six weeks in and my cravings are still sky high, glad you're gonna take a break tho :)

Be smart and take mine and others' advice to quit whilst you're ahead.

I've been to hell and back with opiate/opioid abuse and dependence.

I started much the same as you, trying to 'get high' from Codeine. 100mg turned into 200mg, 200mg then turned into 400+mg. I then moved onto DHC, because Codeine didn't cut it any longer. 200mg of DHC rapidly rose to eventual dosages of 600+mg 2-3 times daily.

Then came the evil that is Tramadol. This is, by far, the most horrendous addiction and withdrawal that I have ever experienced. I thought that I was literally in hell and was dying. Please do not go there.

My last 2 opioid affairs were with Morphine Sulfate and then Oxycodone. I then vowed to kick opiates/opioids ass and painfully, but successfully withdrew for good. That was just over a year ago and I haven't looked back since, however, I have had ongoing issues with drugs of the stimulant variety.

Anyway, please get out whilst you can mate. There's hope for you yet. Be wise.

Well done!! And I agree with you, it starts with codeine then leads to other more serious stuff, that's why I stopped, the codeine was starting to be ineffective at doses of 600mg onwards so I was looking for something better, so decided to stop completely!