• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Codeine for public speaking

Does anyone else get anterograde amnesia, fogginess, and forgetfulness from benzodiazepines? Speaking in that condition? If extreme anxiety is the issue, try propranolol and a bunch of dark chocolate or some coffee or tea if codeine is not in the cards . . .

People interested in propranolol should note that there should be a washout period of at least several days if you take clonidine and certainly do not take them concomitantly -- as they work by different mechanisms, the combination creates a paradoxical hypertensive crisis. . . .

That's right -- in this case I suggest chlorphenamine or dexchlorphenamine . . . another one of my favourite recipes for political speeches and foreign-language classes as a young man was a number of codeine hydrochloride or dihydrocodeine bitartrate tablets, orphenadrine tablets or capsules, and an antihistamine which had chlorphenamine, phenylpropanolamine, a little bit of hyoscine, and some caffeine in it. On an empty stomach I actually got a faint echo of what I would later experience with nicomorphine + dextroamphetamine or methylphenidate as far as a tingling rush to the crotch . . .

I would have had heart failure ?,
Is that okay too say that ☹.
that'x hot ?.

My personal preference would be the benzo, as it is designed for this purpose, but codeine should help if you are new to it!! Would you say it is more mental effects, physical or both?

My personal faves are:

For physical manifestations; e.g I would use Propranolol (beta blocker) 40mg (I had tolerance please try 10mg for first use)

For mental manifestations; e.g 1g Phenibut (2hours previous to your Presentation (I possess a very high tolerance to this, please start lower) the best tailored SA compound for me there is!!

As a combination, not much to match it I’d say ?
Hope this helps!!
Propanolol was something I mentioned; so I'm glad somebody chimed in who is obviously familiar with it (y)

As for Phenibut.. To be on the safe side - I would suggest taking the Phenibut at least 4 hours prior to the event. At times for me, Phenibut has taken up to around 6 - 8 hours to hit.

I've even taken Phenibut on a Saturday afternoon, felt nothing, woke up Sunday morning feeling fucked, spinning out puking my head off! Bit of an odd drug for me... If the OP were to go down this route, surely Pregabalin wold be a more stable option? Presuming he/she could acquire Pregabalin.

Last edited:
Yeah maybe @pally pete, I just find Pheni to be far superior for the “social” aspect of anxiety, and then Gabapentin. Pregab worked for some relaxation, but with the others I am actually seeking out social interaction which is not my normal preference in public at all ?????

Those two along with maybe two or three or more other agents I think are some of the experimental regimens being researched for PTSD . . . pre, post, peri-exposure protocols to make it less likely to happen, and treatments which mitigate symptoms, reduce the trigger sensitivity, and help other modalities, like biofeedback or the like, get a foothold

I'm taking Propranalol 10mg twice a day for social anxiety and panic attacks. Gabapentin def enhances the effect.
Yes not a bad combo at all, at low symptom relief level for each.

I used to find “Bedranol” 80mg Props MR an absolute godsend for practical presentations without redosing for over 24hrs. These boys endorsing things on here know their stuff so hope gathered together it helps you out!!!!

Yes not a bad combo at all, at low symptom relief level for each.

I used to find “Bedranol” 80mg Props MR an absolute godsend for practical presentations without redosing for over 24hrs. These boys endorsing things on here know their stuff so hope gathered together it helps you out!!!!
Havent heard of that one, but if it works, break a leg (not literally lol). Yea when I was in rehab at the VA, we had to do a reflections presentation about our past present and future. So Propranalol was a lifesaver for me. Otherwise I would have been a shaking sweating mess. Shit sucks...

Codeine sometimes make me irritable and sort of reclusive and could get me sorta tongue tied...diazepam settled nerves better but in terms of holding a train of thought, hmm... clonidine might be more useful, it's an adrenal blocker for blood pressure but has significant effects in reducing the physical symptoms of anxiety which can lead to reduced mental feedback stuff. Arguably safer than both codeine or diazepam.

Public speaking is really hard but it gets easier the more you do it... have fun ❤

Yeah there a a fair few, Inderal etc. This one from a harm reduction perspective is very effective at just one capsules per 12 hours. Physical social anxiety obliterated I. My experience!!!!!

Codeine sometimes make me irritable and sort of reclusive and could get me sorta tongue tied...diazepam settled nerves better but in terms of holding a train of thought, hmm... clonidine might be more useful, it's an adrenal blocker for blood pressure but has significant effects in reducing the physical symptoms of anxiety which can lead to reduced mental feedback stuff. Arguably safer than both codeine or diazepam.

Public speaking is really hard but it gets easier the more you do it... have fun ❤

^ Are you sure ? ?

How can it actually help anxiety if it is a blood pressure medication ? lol.
It just doesn't seem possible, but once I read more into adrenal, understanding might be more clear.
I will try to research it a bit now, though. lol.

Yeah there a a fair few, Inderal etc. This one from a harm reduction perspective is very effective at just one capsules per 12 hours. Physical social anxiety obliterated I. My experience!!!!!
Wow 80 mg? I'm taking the 10 mg. Small pink pill and just that does wonders for me. Twice a day but I take it with my Gabas and Buspirone. Buspirone only in the morning though. They definitely potentiate each other nicely.

^ Are you sure ? ?

How can it actually help anxiety if it is a blood pressure medication ? lol.
It just doesn't seem possible, but once I read more into adrenal, understanding might be more clear.
I will try to research it a bit now, though. lol.

It doesn't really remove anxiety, but a part of anxiety is increased heart rate and blood pressure partially induced by adrenaline. Clonidine reduces that stuff which settles things like trembling, sweating, palpitations etc. for a lot of anxious people, those symptoms are some of the most troubling and reducing them break a part of the mind-body anxiety loop. You will still feel anxious but with less noticeable symptoms.

Spot on @swilow just what I was going to point out. With the tachy, body on a knifes edge gone, things tend to follow suit somewhat.

Yeah @xaddictx it is sustained release, works very well as oppose to redosing more frequently ?