• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Codeine for public speaking

Clonidine is the prototype of the beta blockers and I believe the first one invented. There are actually several categories of them as far as how exactly they have their effect and some are incompatible with one another.

Propranolol is the off-label stage fright medication of choice because it has fewer side effects and potential interactions than some other beta blockers.

Various beta blockers can also be used as performance-enhancing drugs in sport for various reasons.

Clonidine has a spectrum of effects which lead to a wide range of people from prisoners to kids to people being drugs tested at work and so on to lots of others to use it as a substitute for weak to moderate narcotics. It can be used by itself, or with other things to add in quasi-weak-opioid effects, prevent unwanted side effects and so on. Clonidine with orphenadrine, naproxen, and chlorphenamine with phenylpropanolamine and dextromethorphan is a stop gap I used myself in the past and it was a great booster for the real thing when I took them together..

There are people I know who can feel narcotic effects from as low as 8 mg of loperamide, and they mix it with cyclizine or hydroxyzine, omeprazole, clonidine, and one of the anticholinergics orphenadrine, trihexyphenidyl or dicycloverine to make this narcotic effect useful.
Naproxen adds to the pain killing effects of opioid to an extent which is greater than the sum of the parts, as is the case with such things as Paracetamol With Codeine Nº 4, Co-Dydramol, Percodan and so on. There are a lot of folks who can notice mild euphoria from naproxen in particular as well as related things like ibuprofen and similar non-steroidal anti-inflammatories -- I get the effect when taking it on an empty stomach even now, and I attribute it to the anti-inflammatory action, as there is also a euphoria which many people get from steroidal anti-inflammatories such as methylprednisolone, dexamethasone, hydrocortisone and so on . . . I can have some effect from prednisone but it is pharmacologically dirty and has lots of side effects, whereas dexamethasone and betamethasone are good clean euphoriants and stimulants. Dexamethasone plus oxycodone is a pretty well known speedball type combination of which doctors and others make a lot of use with a lot of patients to keep their activity level up in the case of lots of conditions being treated.

Naproxen, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, and the like, the propionic acid Nsaids, have this effect the most. The acetic acid Nsaids like diclofenac can have some of it, I have noticed some of the feeling with oxicams, the salicylates have constitutional and weak CNS effects of their own to some extent. I have less experience with fenamates like Ponstel, pyrazolidines like phenybutazone, miscellaneous things like nabumetone, and nimesulide . . . also less effective than naproxen and so forth have been the Cox-2 agents and I do get help from unrelated miscellaneous things like glucosamine & chondroitin, non-Nsaids like paracetamol, topical agents like Ben Gay and so forth are of course different.

They make injectable Nsaids and I have prescriptions for oral naproxen, injectable naproxen, injectable ketorolac (Toradol), and I have found a mixed shot of naproxen, ketorolac, and hydromorphone to be groovy, and I have also mixed naproxen in with shots of Scophedal in the main line.

I read in Frau Im Spiegel magazine some time ago that people who like to suck cock may have an achy feeling afterwards because of the prostaglandin in the baby batter, so they recommend taking ibuprofen before a night of sucking cock. I have no experience with this myself, and pussy juice does not have prostaglandins in it.

Many people say that drugs like prednisone and the others make them want to fight with people, but not me, but then again I have a co-operative and patient and extroverted and morphine-y temperament by default. I was having trouble with my stomach and intestines once on top of my lower back seizing up and gout and was taking betamethasone, methylprednisolone, ciprofloxacin, hyoscine (scopolamine), Deodourised Tincture of Opium stirred into a glass of effervescent multi-vitamins, caffeine, and sodium bicarbonate q i d and ketorolac and oxycodone for it all at once, so by 5.30 every morning I felt like dancing and was going 300 km/h the whole day and needed about three hours of sleep at most. At 22.30 each day it was a big shot of oxymorphone, hydroxyzine, and hyoscine in the arse cheek or inner thigh, optionally SC or IV, but it was uncommon that the combination made me sleepy. They gave me a small number of tablets of nitrazepam, diazepam, and clonazepam to use if I was having trouble sleeping, but did not use them in general as it all didn't really give me the feeling of insomnia per se.
Nico. Theres no mention of Atenolol in the mix. I know its a blood pressure med and Beta blocker. But is this drug any good for stage fright as well?

So how MUCH Naproxen should I take with my DHC to get a noticeable effect? The tablets are 250mg but I'll take two when I need to (osteoarthritis in my knees).

500 mg of naproxen is a good dose in general and goes great with the dihydrocodeine as I know from experience. The euphoria in this case could be either additive, or synergistic.

There is naproxen and naproxen sodium* used as pharmaceuticals. The free acid conversion ratio is .909, so 500 mg of naproxen is the equivalent of 550 mg of naproxen sodium.

The immediate-release tablets, capsules, and gelcaps I have seen come in 110, 175, 200, 220, 250, 300, 350, 375, 400, 440, 500, 550, 650 mg -- in both forms, actually, though the 550 mg tablet I used to get when it was prescription is naproxen sodium. Extended-release products which I have seen are meant to last 12 hours and have been 375, 500, 1000, and 1375 mg of either form.

Other forms of naproxen available are liquids, drops, chewable tablets, effervescent tablets and powders, syrups, concentrated syrups, suppositories, topical gels and creams, ampoules and phials of solution for injection, and powders for compounding. There are also tablets, chewable tablets, drops, solutions, injectable solutions, and electuaries for veterinary use.

I give one of my cats shots of glucosamine & chondroitin, meloxicam, butorphanol, and if she is obviously in pain, which luckily is not too often, I share some of my morphine with her too -- she recognises the phial and the 29 ga hypo and meows and comes running and rubs her cheek against my hand and purrs. Cats can get allergies just like people, and chlorphenamine and dexchlorphenamine in particular work for them at half of the human dose. You can squirt the liquid in their mouth, give them tablet in cat treats or put them in their mouth or whatever. lf any of the cats sneezes or paws at their nose I have a thick chlorphenamine liquid which I daub on their paw or put on my finger and they lick it off. Same with ferrets -- I have a friend who dissolves bromodiphenhydramine in water and then mixes the solution into the apple-flavoured liquid they get for a treat. The meloxicam works better for the arthritis the cat has than the naproxen for some reason. Yesterday I tried a dose of tripelennamine by itself and it was obviously at least a moderate euphoriant and I think I may start mixing up Blue Velvet for her the next time she needs morphine and preload or mix in orphenadrine, which also works in animals and which certainly caused pleasure in my cat when I gave it to her and the first time she had it -- when she jumped up on the counter and ate a tablet of it.

I have seen combination products of naproxen with doxylamine and naproxen with diphenhydramine as sleep aids similar in concept to Tylenol PM. There are also naproxen with codeine analgesic combinations available in some markets, as well as a few others which contain dionine, dihydrocodeine, and in one case dextropropoxyphene.

I take 500 mg PO tid of naproxen as part of the default daily regimen for chronic pain which includes multiple types of arthritis of the spine and other damage there. I have been taking omeprazole and misoprostol in conservative doses once a day to protect my stomach. When I have an infrequent attack of the gout, I maintain that and add the quinine and a couple of other anti-gout agents which we have been trying out by mouth, and then for attacks of bad pain with it, will add another 500 mg of naproxen PO and inject 15 mg of meloxicam, 36 mg of ketorolac, and 32 mg of hydromorphone with 100 mg of tripelennamine.

The tablets I have around here are the long thin yellow 500 mg Grünenthal filmtabs that come 100 in a box . . .

---
* There is naproxen, naproxen sodium, and a much rarer product I have not seen in a while is naproxen magnesium. In addition to the free acid and the two salts, there are also more salts including naproxen potassium, lithium, rubidium, and calcium as well as naproxen copper do exist but I have not seem them marketed as products..

Nico. Theres no mention of Atenolol in the mix. I know its a blood pressure med and Beta blocker. But is this drug any good for stage fright as well?

The mechanism of action is much closer to propranolol than it is to clonidine, for example . . . Atenolol is a bit more selective for the β1 receptor type and I do have experience from some time ago with a similar beta bocker, metoprolol, specifically to answer this kind of question, so I would say there is a good chance it will have an effect on anxiety . . . How exactly the anti-stage-fright effect is produced and where I think is still being discussed, I know. The relative level of various receptors and neurotransmitters could be any of a number of things, of course.

People have told me that there experience with using clonidine, which is quite different in structure and the actual mechanism of operation, to counter stage fright did work, in much the same way that something like hydrocodone, codeine, or propoxyphene would, whereas the propranolol anti-stage-fright effect seems to be specific and maybe sui generis, and whilst it can be seen as type of anxiolysis, the effect is not necessarily like that of benzodiazepines. I actually don't get stage fright but I can think of a case where I was concerned that my distraction by wanting to boff the leader of the panel to which I had to do a 90-minute presentation and tried a lot of DHC and a little tetrazepam and the latter helped by helping the DHC work better, but adding in some tripelennamine, some more DHC, and a little bit of E during a break at 40:00 was much more helpful and maybe helped me telegraph and her see the words that I could not say as later the same afternoon I was boffing her on a table in her office . . .

500 mg of naproxen is a good dose in general and goes great with the dihydrocodeine as I know from experience. The euphoria in this case could be either additive, or synergistic.

There is naproxen and naproxen sodium* used as pharmaceuticals. The free acid conversion ratio is .909, so 500 mg of naproxen is the equivalent of 550 mg of naproxen sodium.

The immediate-release tablets, capsules, and gelcaps I have seen come in 110, 175, 200, 220, 250, 300, 350, 375, 400, 440, 500, 550, 650 mg -- in both forms, actually, though the 550 mg tablet I used to get when it was prescription is naproxen sodium. Extended-release products which I have seen are meant to last 12 hours and have been 375, 500, 1000, and 1375 mg of either form.

Other forms of naproxen available are liquids, drops, chewable tablets, effervescent tablets and powders, syrups, concentrated syrups, suppositories, topical gels and creams, ampoules and phials of solution for injection, and powders for compounding. There are also tablets, chewable tablets, drops, solutions, injectable solutions, and electuaries for veterinary use.

I give one of my cats shots of glucosamine & chondroitin, meloxicam, butorphanol, and if she is obviously in pain, which luckily is not too often, I share some of my morphine with her too -- she recognises the phial and the 29 ga hypo and meows and comes running and rubs her cheek against my hand and purrs. Cats can get allergies just like people, and chlorphenamine and dexchlorphenamine in particular work for them at half of the human dose. You can squirt the liquid in their mouth, give them tablet in cat treats or put them in their mouth or whatever. lf any of the cats sneezes or paws at their nose I have a thick chlorphenamine liquid which I daub on their paw or put on my finger and they lick it off. Same with ferrets -- I have a friend who dissolves bromodiphenhydramine in water and then mixes the solution into the apple-flavoured liquid they get for a treat. The meloxicam works better for the arthritis the cat has than the naproxen for some reason. Yesterday I tried a dose of tripelennamine by itself and it was obviously at least a moderate euphoriant and I think I may start mixing up Blue Velvet for her the next time she needs morphine and preload or mix in orphenadrine, which also works in animals and which certainly caused pleasure in my cat when I gave it to her and the first time she had it -- when she jumped up on the counter and ate a tablet of it.

I have seen combination products of naproxen with doxylamine and naproxen with diphenhydramine as sleep aids similar in concept to Tylenol PM. There are also naproxen with codeine analgesic combinations available in some markets, as well as a few others which contain dionine, dihydrocodeine, and in one case dextropropoxyphene.

I take 500 mg PO tid of naproxen as part of the default daily regimen for chronic pain which includes multiple types of arthritis of the spine and other damage there. I have been taking omeprazole and misoprostol in conservative doses once a day to protect my stomach. When I have an infrequent attack of the gout, I maintain that and add the quinine and a couple of other anti-gout agents which we have been trying out by mouth, and then for attacks of bad pain with it, will add another 500 mg of naproxen PO and inject 15 mg of meloxicam, 36 mg of ketorolac, and 32 mg of hydromorphone with 100 mg of tripelennamine.

The tablets I have around here are the long thin yellow 500 mg Grünenthal filmtabs that come 100 in a box . . .

---
* There is naproxen, naproxen sodium, and a much rarer product I have not seen in a while is naproxen magnesium. In addition to the free acid and the two salts, there are also more salts including naproxen potassium, lithium, rubidium, and calcium as well as naproxen copper do exist but I have not seem them marketed as products..

That stuff about the cat is really interesting! Also, you have one lucky cat! If only all pet owners were like you!

I can't believe how many forms of Naproxen there are! I'm lucky then, mine are the instant release tablets. My doctor said to ALWAYS take an (20mg) Omeprazole if I'm taking Naproxen - to protect my stomach - would this have any negative or positive effect on it?

Diazepam for me; codeine causes too much itchiness which won't be great during a public presentation:)
This is a classic situation for using benzodiazepines.
I disagree.Benzos always cause me to lose my emotions and be lethargic and boring.Hydrocodone would be a better choice than codeine.Fuck benzos unless you want to lethargic

So how MUCH Naproxen should I take with my DHC to get a noticeable effect? The tablets are 250mg but I'll take two when I need to (osteoarthritis in my knees).
I'd advise staying away from Naproxen and other NSAID'S unless really necessary.. They are terrible for your stomach.

Last edited:
I disagree.Benzos always cause me to lose my emotions and be lethargic and boring.Hydrocodone would be a better choice than codeine.Fuck benzos unless you want to lethargic
Might depend on the benzo honestly.
On diazepam I feel the me I have always been, but gimme xanax and only god knows whats gonna happen.

Taking codeine can make you even more anxious if you start getting afraid of people noticing that you're on something. 4-5 hours after a 150 mg dose could be a good moment to talk to people, when most of the intoxication is over but the relaxing feeling is still there.

Someone mentioned non-opiate pain medications... Paracetamol is thought to have an anxiety relieving effect because it affects the endocannabinoid system.

@Nicomorphinist
That's interesting what you said about the synergy between Naproxen and opioids.

I have been getting my naproxen from the USA. Cheaper than getting here in the UK and I don't have to get a prescription as it's OTC in the USA. It's OTC here too in some formulations for period pain if I'm not wrong but it's expensive for the quantity you get. I get 100 tablets and postage is so cheap that it's not an issue.
Anyway, I take a couple of 200mg Naproxen tablets combined with my DHC when I'm working (I work 10 hours shifts on my feet and I get bad back and foot pain) and omeprazole during the day as I've got GERD (shouldn't be taking NSAIDs at all but I figured the omeprazole would protect my stomach enough).
Can't say I feel much difference honestly. It works better for the back pain definitely. My plantar fascitiis doesn't improve much with painkillers unfortunately. It's just a pain to cure. Literally.
I combine the two painkillers because usually they should potentiate each other as far as an analgesia goes. I know that's why officially they mix paracetamol with opioids for example. The real reason is to deter abuse instead. We all know that.

People interested in propranolol should note that there should be a washout period of at least several days if you take clonidine and certainly do not take them concomitantly -- as they work by different mechanisms, the combination creates a paradoxical hypertensive crisis. . . .

My suboxone doctor originally put me on a combo of clonidine and propranolol for anxiety (for years). I told her I thought this was dangerous and she didn't seem to care. Thank god I knew better than to actually take them at the same time like she asked me to. I thank Bluelight for that and researching my drugs and their interactions all these years.

Opioids can be great for presentations. I noticed I scored quite a few jobs thanks to Tramadol. And even a few with DXM. I think the serotonin aspects of these drugs specifically played a role.

For those who have ongoing anxiety related to social issues or anxiety in general, I recommend people try antidepressants or at least give traditional medicine a shot before going and getting an addiction just to do presentations though. Unless you're already an addict, then go for it. But I would think a true addict would already know that needing an opiate to do a presentation is a given. lol Considering at that point, opiates are needed to function altogether.

Last edited: