Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me boys. PANAFEN + is the best for CWE's!

Barely any sludge, squeezes wonderfully and its CHEAP! PLUS 10c of every purchase goes to the breast cancer foundation! I mean what more could you ask for?

:-D

^

I can confirm Panafen is the more successful brand for me too, as well as a number of other regular CWE-ers. Shame pharmacies are always sold out of the big packs...

Yup, panafen is good, there's another very cheap ibu/codeine brand that did 96 boxes, but obviously that's a nonissue now.

lol chemi

Yeh panafen is the best!

And its weird that they are always sold out like you say! haha. All the chemists near the station you get off at for work are always packed...well..WERe..

now once they have sold out they arent restocking!

But i went and grabbed 2 48 packs today! Buzzing on the first 48 right now haha..

600 definatly feels stronger then 400 so..don't know about the whole cap!

And 600 is a guarenteed buzz tolerance or not!

:-D

^the "cap" you're referring to is the ceiling effect codeine produces, it's generally within the 4-600mg mark for most people - most people cannot metabolise anymore than this at one time. then you have some people who have multiple 2d6 genes which produce higher levels of the cyp2d6 and metabolise the drug a lot quicker through that path and produce more morphine then the greater population. there's also a %age of the worlds population who have this enzyme deficiency in which they produce very little morphine.

if you search for a post of mine back somewhere late last year i've explained it in a little more detail.

600mg for a non tolerant person could very well have them run into some problems ie - a huge histamine release, swollen face and hands and an extremely bad itch and extreme cases an overdose. i wouldn't ever recommend a first timer or non-tolerant user use 600mg of codeine, they shouldn't need anymore than 150-200mg.

I found 200 to be a little too low and 300 a tad too high when I first did it, but that's bearing in mind it was probably a shitty extraction that resulted in a lot of loss.

^ yep I agree with you guys. A first time user should always take a small dose, maybe even a tiny one at first to make sure they don't have an allergic reaction. It's also worth having antihistamines around just in case (phenergan/restavit/etc) - though these can add to sedation too ;)

When i first ever tried doing codeine recreationally i could honestly feel euphoria and pleasant body high from 80mg-120mg.

Those days are long gone however.

120mg (4x panadeine forte - no CWE) my first time was more than enough.

yeah, it took me around 200mg or so the first time i caught a buzz from an extraction way back when, i seem to have a naturally higher tolerance to opiates in general

Similar to the way I do it. I've been finishing off this packet of Nurofen plus and I do not think I will be buying it again, seems to get really 'sludgy'. I squeeze out all the water I can and then pour some more cold water on top just in case I missed anything.

I've only done CWE a few times and have been doing ~300mg every Friday night if I stay in. If I were to up the dose to 400mg would I notice much of a difference? I've only ever stuck to what I know :\.

Where does everyone buy filter paper? None of the shops near me seem to have anything.

A tight woven shirt is enough but if ur really worried u can get coffee filters from the supermarket altho they rip pretty easily. If ur really serious about ur extraction u could always buy sum filter aparratus from ur local chem shop.

I find chemist own to be the best, ive tried a number of different pills and none have worked the best. They dissolve and filter very easily better than all of them. They are also the cheapest brand. And yea nurofens clog up and forms a massive goop. I wrote alot about that above a few pages back.

Chemist Own i also find to be the best, just drop the pills in and the break down themselves in like 2 minutes, no need to crush them.

That's the pills though. The caplets are another matter, generally take 15 - 20 min to dissolve properly.

My personal favourite brand is codalgin just because they work out to be about 1c per mg when you buy a 100 pack. They dissolve and filter pretty readily and they are the brand I use most often. I used to use panafen plus alot and there is nothing wrong with them but they do seem to take longer to go through coffee filters than most codeine/paracetamol preparations I have tried.

Caplets of certain brands can be a bit more of a prick to dissolve than tablets, I find the trick is to use warm water and stir it vigorously. Shouldn't take any pills more than a few minutes to dissolve. Throw her in the fridge for 15, do a shirt squeeze then run it through a coffee filter or two.

I have to concur with TripppAR that 600mg feels stronger than 400mg. I will never dose less than 600mg these days. I tried 800mg a while ago, I couldn't reall guage the strength accurately as I took a bit of xanax and it was my 3rd extraction that week. I can only usually do 2 or 3 a fortnight without tolerance becoming a big issue and stopping me getting a good buzz.

I had a pretty weird codeine high yesterday. I didn't eat all day so I was expecting it to hit me hard but I ended up tripping out. All up I had 30mg of valium yesterday morning. Then a few hours before the codeine I started drinking and probably had 4 or 5 standard drinks of whisky. I dosed 60mg of DXM and 2 'travalcam' (I believe these contain 50mg dimenhydrinate, .2mg hyoscine and 20mg caffeine) around and hour before 600mg of codeine and then another 30mg of DXM and another shot or two of whisky 15 minutes after the codeine.

I was seeing weird shit like I thought a pile of clothes on the couch was my dog and I thought a portion of my wall looked like a tree trunk, there was other shit but thats just what I remember. I was also babbling shit at one point, telling my friend I had over about herself as though she was somebody else and talking about my one eyed cat (I don't have a one eyed cat).

The thing is, apart from taking a bit more valium than usual and not eating all day this is pretty typical dosing for me and I have never had this happen before.

The only difference is I usually use restavit not travalcam but the friend who I use codeine with fairly swears by 'travalcam', when I do it with her we usually have one restavit and one travalcam each so last night was the first time I took 2 travalcams. I just find it really strange, I have never had effects like that before from codeine and there was nothing drastically different from usual.

Anybody ever have a similar experience to this or have any idea why it would of happened? Overall it was good and I actually hit a really strong opiate high aswell, itching like mad (I usually don't get too itchy anymore but maybe doxy is just a more effective antihistamine than dimenhydrinate? who knows) and feeling really strong opiate warmth and euphoria. It was a good experience but I am quite baffled as to how it would of effected me so differently than usual.

^ yep I agree with you guys. A first time user should always take a small dose, maybe even a tiny one at first to make sure they don't have an allergic reaction. It's also worth having antihistamines around just in case (phenergan/restavit/etc) - though these can add to sedation too ;)

a good way to avoid the sedation from antihistamines is by buying the second generation antihistamines as they don't cause any sedation at all, it's only the first generation that do.

I have honestly been sceptical about the whole ceiling dose. I think its a myth that is kept going by codeine users. I see it referenced alot on bluelight. On many occasions i have had different effects from different level. I.e 600 feels better then 4... but mayb eim different. BUt i think it comes down to poor extractions and people just balming a ceiling dose for lack of effects.

"Codeine is metabolized to C6G by uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase (UGT) 2B7, and, since only about 5% of codeine is metabolized by cytochrome P450 CYP2D6, the current evidence is that C6G is the primary active compound.[6] Claims about the supposed "ceiling effect" of codeine doses seemed to rest on the assumption that high doses of codeine saturated CYP2D6, which prevented further conversion of codeine to morphine, which is simply incorrect." - Scientific Explorers - 2009 Issue 46#

My personal favourite brand is codalgin just because they work out to be about 1c per mg when you buy a 100 pack. They dissolve and filter pretty readily and they are the brand I use most often. I used to use panafen plus alot and there is nothing wrong with them but they do seem to take longer to go through coffee filters than most codeine/paracetamol preparations I have tried.

Caplets of certain brands can be a bit more of a prick to dissolve than tablets, I find the trick is to use warm water and stir it vigorously. Shouldn't take any pills more than a few minutes to dissolve. Throw her in the fridge for 15, do a shirt squeeze then run it through a coffee filter or two.

I have to concur with TripppAR that 600mg feels stronger than 400mg. I will never dose less than 600mg these days. I tried 800mg a while ago, I couldn't reall guage the strength accurately as I took a bit of xanax and it was my 3rd extraction that week. I can only usually do 2 or 3 a fortnight without tolerance becoming a big issue and stopping me getting a good buzz.

I had a pretty weird codeine high yesterday. I didn't eat all day so I was expecting it to hit me hard but I ended up tripping out. All up I had 30mg of valium yesterday morning. Then a few hours before the codeine I started drinking and probably had 4 or 5 standard drinks of whisky. I dosed 60mg of DXM and 2 'travalcam' (I believe these contain 50mg dimenhydrinate, .2mg hyoscine and 20mg caffeine) around and hour before 600mg of codeine and then another 30mg of DXM and another shot or two of whisky 15 minutes after the codeine.

I was seeing weird shit like I thought a pile of clothes on the couch was my dog and I thought a portion of my wall looked like a tree trunk, there was other shit but thats just what I remember. I was also babbling shit at one point, telling my friend I had over about herself as though she was somebody else and talking about my one eyed cat (I don't have a one eyed cat).

The thing is, apart from taking a bit more valium than usual and not eating all day this is pretty typical dosing for me and I have never had this happen before.

The only difference is I usually use restavit not travalcam but the friend who I use codeine with fairly swears by 'travalcam', when I do it with her we usually have one restavit and one travalcam each so last night was the first time I took 2 travalcams. I just find it really strange, I have never had effects like that before from codeine and there was nothing drastically different from usual.

Anybody ever have a similar experience to this or have any idea why it would of happened? Overall it was good and I actually hit a really strong opiate high aswell, itching like mad (I usually don't get too itchy anymore but maybe doxy is just a more effective antihistamine than dimenhydrinate? who knows) and feeling really strong opiate warmth and euphoria. It was a good experience but I am quite baffled as to how it would of effected me so differently than usual.

travacalm is evil shit . 2 nights in a row i done n said sum fucked up shit on it with totally no recollection or reason, im neva touchin it again . ended up goin on a slight mis-adventure from one side of melbourne to the other gatecrashin a party by myself prety much n gettin booted out with force im assuming goin by the bruises n busted nose, no idea how or why i got there , springvale to diamond creek for those familiar with melbourne

was told i was rambling total nonsense for hours on end at a goin away party on chapel street wich i also cant remember gettin to or even being there , luckily i didnt fuck up too bad there

n this was maybe 12 hrs after ingestion of 2.5 travacalms with cwe and a few beers at home

Last edited:
I have honestly been sceptical about the whole ceiling dose. I think its a myth that is kept going by codeine users. I see it referenced alot on bluelight. On many occasions i have had different effects from different level. I.e 600 feels better then 4... but mayb eim different. BUt i think it comes down to poor extractions and people just balming a ceiling dose for lack of effects.

"Codeine is metabolized to C6G by uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase (UGT) 2B7, and, since only about 5% of codeine is metabolized by cytochrome P450 CYP2D6, the current evidence is that C6G is the primary active compound.[6] Claims about the supposed "ceiling effect" of codeine doses seemed to rest on the assumption that high doses of codeine saturated CYP2D6, which prevented further conversion of codeine to morphine, which is simply incorrect." - Scientific Explorers - 2009 Issue 46#

im with u on that one , 600 def hits the spot betta than say 480 or 400 , tho iv had pretty good results using the 30mg pills with lower dosages say like 300 approx mg extracted with potentiators , must be sumfin to do with loss during extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.