• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

I've just moved back to Australia from a country that sells 30mg codeine/500mg paracetamol tabs OTC. They also sell 15mg codeine tabs. Pretty happy I'm off that train. Codeine dependency sucks. And the thought of having to chow down 50 pills to get high...ugh. So glad I'm not there anymore.

As a codeine user of more than a couple of years now I really feel there is something to this. Id really like one of you guys to try it. See how you go.. if you get similar results.

Let your pills soak in water either all day or over night before doing what you do to extract like usual.

In the fridge or out? If out if the fridge, did you do a 30 min refrigeration before filtering?

I think it was in the fridge. But yeah good point ... leaving the pills in the water for so long just increases the amount of paracetamol that may dissolve.

I can only get pills with codeine here in canada, i did a cwe and let it evaporate over a few days and did an acetone wash to get the caffeine out.It worked but its not worth the hassle, so today I ordered 2 bottles of codeine linctus from an online pharmacy in the uk.Each 200ml bottle has 600mg codeine which is about 2-3 doses for me.I can make it 3 if i have some beer to catch a nod.The price comes out to be the same as if i drove to get a bottle of codeine tabs since i live in a rural area so it works out pretty well for me.

I can only get pills with codeine here in canada....

Hopefully the introduction of this isomer doesn't catch on (too quickly if at all) in Australia!

I guess lessoned learnt MikeRWK unfortunately, :\ Finish what you've got I suppose.

(And remember, "filter, filter, filter,").

Good luck buddy!

i just dosed 400mg codeine and forgot that i took 100mg of modafinil about 6 hours ago. this wont be a problem will it?

i just dosed 400mg codeine and forgot that i took 100mg of modafinil about 6 hours ago. this wont be a problem will it?

No, I wouldn't worry! The codeine will most probably over power the modafinil that's all.

Just done a cwe and accidentally let it freeze a little bit lol I doubt this is a problem though?

Anyway question is I was planning on having this extraction on Sunday morning when my pill has worn off and I'm feeling rather average, will I be fine to leave it sitting in my room at room temperature until then and then just shake it up and down the hatch when the time comes?

No, a bit of freezing won't hurt it much, and while keep a solution in the fridge would be better than at room temp I think it'll be OK to sit for a couple of days (preferably out of direct sunlight) before drinking.

Just one thing: you've done the extraction process already right? Removed the paracetamol? And you have a container with the filtered codeine solution in it?

A clean CWE shouldn't have any sediment-type-stuff which settles at the bottom of the container. So, why would you shake it before drinking?

Yeah it'll be out of direct sunlight definitely

Well tbh this is my second cwe ever and I wasn't sure what would happen to it over time and assumed it might need a shake up lol

If your solution is clear then you shouldn't have to worry about shaking it up in a couple of days. I've also never had a problem when leaving the solution in the freezer too long (the numbing of ice cold water helps with the taste IMO)

Yeah it'll be out of direct sunlight definitely

Well tbh this is my second cwe ever and I wasn't sure what would happen to it over time and assumed it might need a shake up lol

Hello Hektissity,

I'm confused - are you shaking the result (the finished solution) or are you shaking the liquid while the codeine/paracetamol is dissolving in it? If it's the former, then you have done a bad CWE if there is visibly powdered product resting at the bottom of the solution. If it's the latter, then I hope it's consolation in saying that I also stirr the liquid every now and then so as to make sure it becomes a finer product. If you want to keep the solution (liquid result of the CWE) free from harm then, like the others suggested, keep it away from sunlight and heat. In fact, putting it in the fridge with gladwrap over the top should be an ideal suggestion for keeping your solution safe, unless anybody wants to interject and correct me in saying that.

Also, if your solution is a little bit cloudy, then that's usually because of two prominent reasons, both of which are common;

1) undissolved paracetamol/acetaminophen that has passed the filter

This can be harmless so long as it's in minimal amounts. Generally the paracetamol sinks to the bottom, and you can determine how much powder got through
by letting your solution rest for a while until the paracetamol sinks. Just remember that,ontop of any undissolved paracetamol which has gone through, there is still
~2--500mg of paracetamol which has dissolved in the solution. any CWE solution should still be relatively see-through, unless the following is a concern;

2) dissolved fillers from the pills (usually cases from Nurofen+ and other ibuprofen products)

Sorry if I have answered what has already been fulfilled, or otherwise left more questions to be asked. Feel free to ask any more questions;

Nozphexezora

The solution is sitting in my cupboard out of sunlight in a plastic bottle. Over the night some powder has fallen to the bottom and the solution is still rather milky. However it doesn't look like there is much powder in there (less than a gram) so I don't think I'm gonna worry about filtering it again

Adding a preservative and storing it in an air tight container would be ideal if not prparing right before you do it.

The preservative and air tight container in a fridge is going to be a lot better in preventing any bacyeria growth and degradation than just in a cup sitting inside a cupboard.

It sounds to me like you haven't done the extraction very well. Shaking it is not what you want to do, the reason a CWE is done and works is because codeine is highly soluble in water and paracetamol is not very soluble in water, therefore, you want to remove all of the insoluble material, not shake them up and drink them.

Your last post sounds very potentially dangerous and flippant, do you understand the risks of paracetamol overdose if a CWE is not done correctly?

I've done plenty of CWE's over the last few years. It seems to depend on what brand you are buying, some solutions will end up clear, some slightly cloudy and some milky. There's even one brand that do yellow tabs and the solution ends up being completely yellow. I may be wrong but I always assume that the cloudiness is just the binders. I usually dose anywhere between 400-800mg and I've never had any problems regardless of the final colour. As long as you you have a handfull of dry sludge in the shirt, you're doing it right.

Also I've left CWE solutions in the fridge for a day or two before with no problems.

Fuck we are so lucky to have Codeine OTC here, just downed 400mg with a few Vals. Complete bliss.

It sounds to me like you haven't done the extraction very well. Shaking it is not what you want to do, the reason a CWE is done and works is because codeine is highly soluble in water and paracetamol is not very soluble in water, therefore, you want to remove all of the insoluble material, not shake them up and drink them.

Your last post sounds very potentially dangerous and flippant, do you understand the risks of paracetamol overdose if a CWE is not done correctly?

While I agree, in proportion to that which did not filter I think it can be easy to compare its safety. If you are doing it everyday, however, I would suggest using a cloth-filter and then refining it with a coffee filter, because even regular doses of paracetamol can be unhealthy.

I've done plenty of CWE's over the last few years. It seems to depend on what brand you are buying, some solutions will end up clear, some slightly cloudy and some milky. There's even one brand that do yellow tabs and the solution ends up being completely yellow. I may be wrong but I always assume that the cloudiness is just the binders. I usually dose anywhere between 400-800mg and I've never had any problems regardless of the final colour. As long as you you have a handfull of dry sludge in the shirt, you're doing it right.

Binders/fillers generally can cause this effect, especially ibuprofen-based pills. I have found, however, that most, if not all, of the paracetamol-based products result in minimal cloudiness from binders.

hi Hektissity:)

Over the night some powder has fallen to the bottom and the solution is still rather milky. However it doesn't look like there is much powder in there (less than a gram) so I don't think I'm gonna worry about filtering it again

I would strongly suggest that you re-freeze (not freeze, but cool down.. you know,,) and re-filter.

Milky consistency with sediment that settles at the bottom is not ideal. It's hard to gauge just by looking how much paracetamol is in there when it's a sludgy residue... could be a gram, could be four grams or more.

What did you use to filter it through?

While paper coffee filters are slow, they do a good job and provided the filter doesn't break during filtration they should leave you with a fairly consistent solution which, when left to sit for a while, does NOT reveal chalky sediment sitting at the bottom.

A good finished solution should be uniform. It doesn't matter if it's yellow or pink or whatever the colour of the tablets was. The important thing is that when you give the container a little shake or swirl, you should NOT see stuff coming up off the bottom and changing the overall clarity of the liquid.

Take care!