• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Cocaine like effects from Diphenhydramine?

Just NO.

It's a stimulant.

It doesn't induce hallucination even at high doses, except in the case of cocaine stimulant induced psychosis.

Deliriants induce hallucinations based on dose, even at first administration.
Well it says it binds to it strongly on Wikipedia. Oh nevermind you're talking about the Coke. I meant DMT.

DMT binds to H1 receptors very strongly! DMT's, and Chlorpheniramine's chemical structures look pretty similar by the way, has anyone else noticed that?
You are grasping at straws and clearly misinformed about binding affinities. You also seem to be confused about antagonism vs agonism.

While it is exciting to notice things that may be connected, you are drawing conclusions and making connections that are simply incorrect.

You are grasping at straws and clearly misinformed about binding affinities. You also seem to be confused about antagonism vs agonism.

While it is exciting to notice things that may be connected, you are drawing conclusions and making connections that are simply incorrect.
No I know all about antagonist, agonist, inverse agonist, etc. DMT could be an agonist of the H1 receptors, but the point I'm trying to make is that people talk down on antihistamines simply since they're called antihistamines. I don't know if I'm explaining what I'm trying to say correctly I'm tripping pretty hard right now. Lol

DMT binds to H1 receptors very strongly! DMT's, and Chlorpheniramine's chemical structures look pretty similar by the way, has anyone else noticed that?
No, it doesn't look like chlorpheniramine at all. They don't even have the same functional groups.

And just because it has activity at the H1 receptor doesn't mean that's why it causes psychedelia and hallucination.

It's because it looks like serotonin. It affects the 5-HT, five-hydroxytryptamine receptors because it structurally looks like them.

I'm going to cut you off by preempting you saying that chlorpheniramine has serotonin activity. Yeah at 10,000 times the molar concentration as DMT.

Honestly, I think you're trolling everyone.

No I know all about antagonist, agonist, inverse agonist, etc. DMT could be an agonist of the H1 receptors, but the point I'm trying to make is that people talk down on antihistamines simply since they're called antihistamines. I don't know if I'm explaining what I'm trying to say correctly I'm tripping pretty hard right now. Lol
People talk down on antihistamines as recreational drugs because they cause nightmarish side effects and generally few positive ones beyond therapeutic doses. It isnt because they are called anti histamines.

Its not because of their labeling, people have experimented with recreational antihistamine use and largely decided it's more trouble than it's worth.

That being said you're free to do whatever you want just don't expect everyone else you mention recreational antihistamine use to to be particularly psyched about the idea of getting delirious on brain damaging medicines that produce a substandard woozy buzz.

No, it doesn't look like chlorpheniramine at all. They don't even have the same functional groups.

And just because it has activity at the H1 receptor doesn't mean that's why it causes psychedelia and hallucination.

It's because it looks like serotonin. It affects the 5-HT, five-hydroxytryptamine receptors because it structurally looks like them.

I'm going to cut you off by preempting you saying that chlorpheniramine has serotonin activity. Yeah at 10,000 times the molar concentration as DMT.

Honestly, I think you're trolling everyone.
Yeah pretty sure this Holy Quad fella is a troll tbh

You're trying to make an association between substances that may bind to histamine receptors and traditional antihistamines and that's ridiculous.

I mean let's look at one called cyproheptadine. Cyproheptadine actually prevents serotonin syndrome. It's an antidote for serotonin syndrome. It's a major serotonin antagonist and when I got serotonin syndrome from Seroquel and trazodone that they gave me to help me sleep, it fixed me right up.

The same is not true for all antihistamines.

Yeah pretty sure this Holy Quad fella is a troll tbh
You're trying to make an association between substances that may bind to histamine receptors and traditional antihistamines and that's ridiculous.

I mean let's look at one called cyproheptadine. Cyproheptadine actually prevents serotonin syndrome. It's an antidote for serotonin syndrome. It's a major serotonin antagonist and when I got serotonin syndrome from Seroquel and trazodone that they gave me to help me sleep, it fixed me right up.

I'm basically trying to say that antihistamines are drugs too. That's basically what I was trying to say wish I could think of a better way to say what I mean.

People talk down on antihistamines as recreational drugs because they cause nightmarish side effects and generally few positive ones beyond therapeutic doses. It isnt because they are called anti histamines.

Its not because of their labeling, people have experimented with recreational antihistamine use and largely decided it's more trouble than it's worth.

That being said you're free to do whatever you want just don't expect everyone else you mention recreational antihistamine use to to be particularly psyched about the idea of getting delirious on brain damaging medicines that produce a substandard woozy buzz.
It's not even a substandard woozy buzz. He's doped up on so many different medications if we believe him, that the horrible nausea, dry eye, dry mouth and all the other shitty side effects from overdosing on antihistamines to try and get a shitty high or balanced out by all the fucking benzo's he's taking.

Calling antihistamine overdoses recreational drug use is like calling Russian roulette recreational gambling.

Just fucking stupid.

Yea I know that some antihistamines are antagonist of serotonin, and that some actually increase serotonin.

It's not even a substandard woozy buzz. He's doped up on so many different medications if we believe him, that the horrible nausea, dry eye, dry mouth and all the other shitty side effects from overdosing on antihistamines to try and get a shitty high or balanced out by all the fucking benzo's he's taking.

Calling antihistamine overdoses recreational drug use is like calling Russian roulette recreational gambling.

Just fucking stupid.
I usually take the antihistamines in therapeutic doses only!

I'm basically trying to say that antihistamines are drugs too. That's basically what I was trying to say wish I could think of a better way to say what I mean.
Yeah we all know they are drugs. I don't really know what your point is supposed to be? Do some better drugs. The drugs you've picked are poison and making you confused quite clearly.

Nothing you can say will convince me that it is a good idea for you or anyone to get high on toxic doses of antihistamines

It's simply poor judgment

Last edited:

Just fucking stupid.
Word I agree 100% I guess I'm just trying to be somewhat diplomatic with my phrasing

I usually take the antihistamines in therapeutic doses only!
You've mentioned doses of DPH over a 1000mg in this thread in combination with other drugs

: )
Dosages of drugs used:
it was 1,600mg (1,300mg - 1,600mg) of Diphenhydramine, 100mg of Doxylamine, 4mg of Klonopin, 3.125mg of Xanax, 16mg of Subutex Sublingually in quarters at different times, Menthol Cigarettes, and very potent Marijuana.